January 26, 2015 | 1183 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - coal face soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2004 9:39:00 AM More reviews by wilson2002

This is great for oily skins - I have an oily, spot-prone T-zone and it keeps it oil free all day; my make-up still looks great 12 hours after I put it on if I wash my face with Coalface first thing. I would imagine it to be far too drying for dry skins (obviously) and even someone with normal skin might get a bit too dried out (even my skin feels a bit dry with it sometimes). It's quite hard to get a decent lather, but it's enough to get my face clean. It's not a HG product for me or something I'd buy all the time, but it's quite good all the same. Probably good for summer when skin is a bit oiler in the heat anyway. It's also quite good at fighting spots, and it smells nice too, all licorice-y! (It's also got a bluey-greeny-purpley kind of shimmer to it too if you look closely - looks pretty cool in the bathroom!)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2004 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Lilstace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily spot pronce skin and found Fresh Farmacy to be far to drying for it. So I turned to Coalface and no I am not dissapointed. It removes all the excess oil very well and does not leave it dry. Works well for combatting spots also.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2004 9:05:00 AM More reviews by cat_italy

This is meant for combination skin and here I am (oily side), but this soap... is just soap.
As drying and simple as soap.
It leaves my sking with a squeaky feeling I don't like at all.
Plus, when I leave it on a surface, it forms a strange kind of disgusting blob that I have to rinse off before using the bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2004 3:39:00 PM More reviews by em1387

Excellent product. At first i must admit my skin did seem to get slightly oilier than it used to be, but it's got a lot better you just have to persevere with it. to the person who said you have to keep cutting chunks off of it, you don't. it's like any other soap, comes in a bar and you just lather it up between your hands or on a cloth and you wash your face with it. the foam isn't black it's a light grey. there are small pieces of charcoal in it (it depends where your piece was cut from as to how much you actually get of the charcoal) the smell is lovely and refreshing and it's not too scruby at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2004 10:36:00 PM More reviews by monsika

This soap is messy and very drying!!! It seemed to work at first but after a few days of use it completely stripped the moisture from my face, leaving it cracked and broken out. Also I found it inconvenient to use as you have to cut little chunks off of the bar.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2004 4:37:00 AM More reviews by juhae85

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the minority here...but this sux!! I thought it'll be good for my oily/acne prone skin but ohhh no...it made me oilier and induced huge cystic pimples! and i had clear skin before i started using this..however on the other hand i really like the smell and its' unique(?) properties...hehe (i like it because it's black)..if it didn't cause breakouts i'd still continue to use it..but oh well..oh yea! and this stuff REALLY stings the eyes...maybe due to sodium lauryl sulfate?~!?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, it smells like black licorice and tar, it has hunks of what may or may not be coal in it that have the potential to scratch skin.

It is VERY harsh and stripping, but for some reason I like it.

My oily skin on a hot summer day loves this stuff.

This is one of the few Lush products that I may repurchase.
It does bother me that if you use coal face with any other scented product (like if you're in the shower and using a nice shower gel)..it will completely overpower the other products.

Best used on its own.

Sensitive skin types should avoid, as should dryer skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 9:57:00 PM More reviews by eureka

This is a very wonderful soap for oily skin, and you can exfoliate with it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2004 10:31:00 PM More reviews by mangolassi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first product where I have been able to say from the very first usage - I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS EVER AGAIN!
This is an incredible cleanser.
Normally I shun soaps for my face, because although it is greasier than the bottom of a bacon pan, it gets tight and dry and flaky after it is washed, esp. with soap.
At first the scent was a little off-putting (like black licorice), and the texture and appearance was a little weird (think grainy GREY suds on your face), but now I look forward to the smell and the way it feels is invigorating because I know my skin is getting super clean. I am using a sample now, but I will defintely purchase a big chunk of this stuff when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 7:46:00 PM More reviews by locutus137

I love this soap. I was a bit skeptical about using a bar soap on my face, but this stuff is great. I like the way it smells too. I have combo/oily skin prone to breakouts and I've noticed a big improvement in my complexion. Plus, it just makes my face feel so darn CLEAN.