LUSH coal face soap

3.9

Liquorice Root Decoction (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeordora), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Powdered Charcoal, Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Linalool, Perfume, Silver Edible Lustre (Potassium aluminum silicate, Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides and hydroxides)

on 8/8/2005 9:33:00 AM

I've tryed all Lush cleansers,until i found this.It really works,and take away dirt very fast.A good cleanser!I think my skin has been better with my blemishes.I will se how it goes,because i've only used it about some days.
Will def repruchase!

on 4/8/2005 4:30:00 AM

We bought it with my BF in Amsterdam mostly to surprise our guests, that we use a black soap ;) Who watched Allen's "Annie Hall" knows that she was using it too ;) It was a bit too harsh and messy for my face, though. Lasts a while too. Funny product and I would buy it once again when next time abroad.

on 3/21/2005 9:43:00 PM

Coalface is a unique and really awesome soap. It's got scrubby pumice in it, and the black color lets you know exactly where you've used it if you're scrubbing your face in the sink and looking in the mirror.

It removes dirt excellently, and takes the dull skin off- I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin, though. It's abrasive and strong. It seems to have a toning effect on my skin, too. I love that. It's very good soap!

on 2/20/2005 2:59:00 AM

I loved this product while I was using it, but after awhile i changed my cleansing routine and decided to use gentler foam cleaning solutions. The coal face soap is perfect on vacations or during summer months when my skin typically is a little more oiler. It leaves skin feeling refreshed and shiny. I cut the bar up into smaller pieces to store in shampoo tins, which makes it last longer. Right now, I've donated it to my brother who adores it!

on 2/15/2005 1:22:00 PM

At last a Lush product i like! I use the origins charcoal face mask, so i thought why not try the coal face soap. i tend to have blemished skin if i dont look after it properly (didnt the whole spot thing used to stop when youre 20 in the old days? i m 23 now!) I can really recommend this soap, i use it every morning, if you use it twice a day you ll need to moisturize big time as it can dry a bit. Also try the cupcake facemask from lush. The thing i find annoying with lush it that theres no packaging for the face soaps, apart from this little plastic bag. i hope they ll come up with something!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have oily skin and have been using this in combination with Angels on Bare Skin. I always forget that natural face scrubs make me break out BAD so I don't know what I was thinking. Anyways, I really enjoy the smell, it's simialr to licorice. I thought that it made my face feel good, sort of tight but still soft. I bought it in a LUSH store for $11CDN. I guess that's not too bad, that bar will last me a long time. I don't think that it is something that I will use regularily, I prefer BIOTHERM. However, for the price it's good. It's something that my boyfriend (who believes that using Ivory soap on his face is OK) would benefit from. It would work in a pinch.

on 1/8/2005 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my Favorite LUSH face cleanser. This will become a staple in my orders. If i cut it into little squares it lasts a long time. I have combo skin and this is great in the summer. It's a bit drying in the winter but nothing too bad. I actually like the smell and the black suds.

on 1/6/2005 5:47:00 PM

I love this! I bought it based on the good reviews and comments about oil reduction, and am nothing but pleased. I found that this is a little too intense for my whole face (sensitive/combo skin) but it works wonders in my oily zones--my forehead. This bar will last forever, but when I do run out I'll definitely repurchase. Yea Lush!

on 11/22/2004 3:48:00 PM

I have been using my Coalface Soap in conjunction with the Cosmetic Warrior mask (see other review) and the results are fantastic! My skin hasn’t looked this smooth, even and glowy in years. The only problem I can see – and I cannot tell if this is from the CW mask or the coalface – is that it has kind of a garlic odor when I use it. The smell is not that pleasant. But it leaves my skin squeaky clean without any dry or tight feeling. It has the tiniest charcoal particles which scrub just enough without being an all-out exfoliator. One of the nice things about LUSH soaps is that you can really get as much or as little as you want. I was unsure about Coalface, so I asked for about a halfsize bar. I am definitely getting the fullsize bar next. Would love to keep this regimen up as long as possible!

on 11/8/2004 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this soap for days when I don't have time for my full ProActiv routine or when I feel I need some deep exfoliation. Makes my skin soft and keeps excess oils at bay. I wish it were packaged in a box or something though because I'm really sick of cleaning black/grey mess off the counter and soap dishes.