LUSH coal face soap

3.9

Liquorice Root Decoction (Glycyrrhiza glabra) , Water (Aqua) , Rapeseed Oil (Brassica napus) , Glycerine , Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , Sorbitol , Fragrance , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill and Fusanus spicatus) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeordora) , Powdered Charcoal , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , Farnesol , Geraniol , Linalool , Silver Lustre (Potassium silicate, Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides and Iron hydroxides) .

on 11/13/2005 7:25:00 AM

Didn't like this cleanser at all. The only thing I liked was the scent, nothing else.
The scrubbies in it were way too harsh for my combo, non-sensitive skin, and after using it for a week it managed to leave my face feel tight and dried out in the middle of summer. Try buying a smaller piece first or ask for a sample.

on 10/22/2005 5:47:00 PM

Highly unremarkable. Not so great at removing my makeup. Once the bar dries after use, the surface becomes highly abrasive, so much so that I've had little nicks in my skin after using it! I've got combo skin that normally isn't that sensitive. I just don't think this soap is worth its price plus its shipping costs and wait. Underwhelmed. continued >>

on 9/1/2005 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I read tons of great reviews about this product and therefore was overly eager to try it. I was not too pleased with it unfortunately. I have very oily skin and was hoping for some relief, but this did absolutely nothing for it. My skin stayed the same. I did not notice the drying effect that everyone said here, but maybe its because of how oily my skin is. I could have gotten the same results from Dove soap. The only over average quality of this is the scrubbies that it contains.

on 8/8/2005 9:33:00 AM

I've tryed all Lush cleansers,until i found this.It really works,and take away dirt very fast.A good cleanser!I think my skin has been better with my blemishes.I will se how it goes,because i've only used it about some days.
Will def repruchase!

on 4/8/2005 4:30:00 AM

We bought it with my BF in Amsterdam mostly to surprise our guests, that we use a black soap ;) Who watched Allen's "Annie Hall" knows that she was using it too ;) It was a bit too harsh and messy for my face, though. Lasts a while too. Funny product and I would buy it once again when next time abroad.

on 3/21/2005 9:43:00 PM

Coalface is a unique and really awesome soap. It's got scrubby pumice in it, and the black color lets you know exactly where you've used it if you're scrubbing your face in the sink and looking in the mirror.

It removes dirt excellently, and takes the dull skin off- I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin, though. It's abrasive and strong. It seems to have a toning effect on my skin, too. I love that. It's very good soap!

on 2/20/2005 2:59:00 AM

I loved this product while I was using it, but after awhile i changed my cleansing routine and decided to use gentler foam cleaning solutions. The coal face soap is perfect on vacations or during summer months when my skin typically is a little more oiler. It leaves skin feeling refreshed and shiny. I cut the bar up into smaller pieces to store in shampoo tins, which makes it last longer. Right now, I've donated it to my brother who adores it!

on 2/15/2005 1:22:00 PM

At last a Lush product i like! I use the origins charcoal face mask, so i thought why not try the coal face soap. i tend to have blemished skin if i dont look after it properly (didnt the whole spot thing used to stop when youre 20 in the old days? i m 23 now!) I can really recommend this soap, i use it every morning, if you use it twice a day you ll need to moisturize big time as it can dry a bit. Also try the cupcake facemask from lush. The thing i find annoying with lush it that theres no packaging for the face soaps, apart from this little plastic bag. i hope they ll come up with something!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have oily skin and have been using this in combination with Angels on Bare Skin. I always forget that natural face scrubs make me break out BAD so I don't know what I was thinking. Anyways, I really enjoy the smell, it's simialr to licorice. I thought that it made my face feel good, sort of tight but still soft. I bought it in a LUSH store for $11CDN. I guess that's not too bad, that bar will last me a long time. I don't think that it is something that I will use regularily, I prefer BIOTHERM. However, for the price it's good. It's something that my boyfriend (who believes that using Ivory soap on his face is OK) would benefit from. It would work in a pinch.

on 1/8/2005 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my Favorite LUSH face cleanser. This will become a staple in my orders. If i cut it into little squares it lasts a long time. I have combo skin and this is great in the summer. It's a bit drying in the winter but nothing too bad. I actually like the smell and the black suds.