LUSH coal face soap

3.8

Liquorice Root Decoction (Glycyrrhiza glabra) , Water (Aqua) , Rapeseed Oil (Brassica napus) , Glycerine , Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , Sorbitol , Fragrance , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill and Fusanus spicatus) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeordora) , Powdered Charcoal , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , Farnesol , Geraniol , Linalool , Silver Lustre (Potassium silicate, Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides and Iron hydroxides) .

This stuff is FANTASTIC!!! I have only been using it for a few days but it has already cleared up my spots! I normally get new spots cropping up everyday but I haven't had one new spot since using it! I'm not really keen on the smell but it doesn't linger so it's not too bad. I follow this up with Lush's Tea Tree Water toner & then apply Freederm gel. I don't know if it's the combination of products I have been using or just the Coalface but either way my skin is clearing! I will definitely be buying this when my sample runs out & I really recommend anyone who suffers from spots to try it.

I agree Coal Face rocks! It is a bit steep around $10 a bar but it is worth it. I was turned off by the smell at first b/c I wasn't able to identify it and then I found out it was black licorice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was an alright cleanser. The smell was admittedley a bit odd, but I got over that, as I have smelt worse! It lathered up well, and the little scrubby bits were nice for exfoliating. The only problem I had with this is that I know I could get a cleanser I liked better from lush. I love lush, and I go there for most of my beauty needs, as I have never had a truly awful product from them. After this bar of soap dried out after I had washed with it, the surface became very abrasive, even on my hands. That was the only real bad point about it. Overall the soap was nothing bad, but it was not an HG product. I would probably buy again if my face suddenly got very oily.

coal face rocks! i have never used a bar soap in my regimen before but this is the only exception. i use it in the morning and it keeps me matte all day long. there are teeeeeeny little scrubbies that's a subtle exfoliator but not full blown. and it doesn't dry me out! i can open and shut my mouth without my skin stretching at all. i have combo-oily to oily skin (depending on the season) prone to breakouts =D

Stinky stinky goodness! I don't care for the scent...kinda medicinal and burnt, but I always said "if it works...I'll get over it" and this bar works. I have mega oily skin and pores. I use this soap on my tzone and it really gives it a matte feel. I asked the sales girl to cut me the smallest piece possible and ended up with a manageable $6 bar. I don't like it when the bars are too big...I use it like a regular soap and forgo the scruby parts. Very nice. Would be great for a man. I think I'll buy my coworker a tiny slab to try...(random thought there)

Didn't like this cleanser at all. The only thing I liked was the scent, nothing else.
The scrubbies in it were way too harsh for my combo, non-sensitive skin, and after using it for a week it managed to leave my face feel tight and dried out in the middle of summer. Try buying a smaller piece first or ask for a sample.

Highly unremarkable. Not so great at removing my makeup. Once the bar dries after use, the surface becomes highly abrasive, so much so that I've had little nicks in my skin after using it! I've got combo skin that normally isn't that sensitive. I just don't think this soap is worth its price plus its shipping costs and wait. Underwhelmed. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I read tons of great reviews about this product and therefore was overly eager to try it. I was not too pleased with it unfortunately. I have very oily skin and was hoping for some relief, but this did absolutely nothing for it. My skin stayed the same. I did not notice the drying effect that everyone said here, but maybe its because of how oily my skin is. I could have gotten the same results from Dove soap. The only over average quality of this is the scrubbies that it contains.

I've tryed all Lush cleansers,until i found this.It really works,and take away dirt very fast.A good cleanser!I think my skin has been better with my blemishes.I will se how it goes,because i've only used it about some days.
Will def repruchase!

We bought it with my BF in Amsterdam mostly to surprise our guests, that we use a black soap ;) Who watched Allen's "Annie Hall" knows that she was using it too ;) It was a bit too harsh and messy for my face, though. Lasts a while too. Funny product and I would buy it once again when next time abroad.