July 30, 2014 | 1566 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Fit Me Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

I am not generally someone who seriously reacts to skin makeup. That is, until I met this guy. This product broke me out horrifically--cystic acne that took months to clear up after I realized what was happening and stopped using it (note: this product was the only change in my skincare/makeup routine when I started breaking out, so I am fairly certain that it was the culprit. My skin also, as stated above, started clearing up when I stopped using it). I couldn't quite believe the extent of damage that it did--I'm not usually hyperbolic when it comes to things like this. I took it into my derm, though, and was surprised to hear that I was not the first one of her patients who has had issues after using this product line.

It's not a bad concealer. It gives medium coverage, and I didn't have any issues finding a shade to match my skin. I don't think that the finish that it gives is any more "real" than other finishes, as they seem to be getting at with their marketing campaign, but it covered moderate scarring decently. When used under my eyes, it caked up in the creases. The packaging is quite nice--very simple, sleek, and impactful, definitely aiming to look more high-end. The black part of the label did get faded and smudgy after awhile, though. It's pretty cheap for the quality of concealing that it gives...but then, it also led me to buying a whole new acne regimen, so it didn't end up being quite so cheap in the end.

I think that if this does not make your skin go insane, it is a decent concealer for your money. But definitely proceed with caution.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by 1Dluver613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS: blends very well, buildable coverage

CONS: when u put it on alot comes out; kinda runny

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by OwlLove85

I LOVE this concealer! I have started to notice my under eyes getting a little darker as I get older and this concealer works so well at hiding it! Very creamy formula that is easy to blend with a brush or your fingers and you can't beat the price! I would recommend this to anyone who has lighter circles, darker ones would probably still need a corrector.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by clemmmentine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've gone through two tubes of this stuff for lack of anything better, but it's definitely not my favourite. It does diminish my dark circles, but it doesn't provide full coverage for them. I've found it pretty ineffective for dealing with zits as well. It does a decent job, but I think it costs too much for its effectiveness. I also think the colours are a bit weird. The palest colour is too light for me (which is odd, since I'm very pale), and the middle colour is too dark.

I've used this concealer for about six months now, and it's OKAY - but I think it could be a lot better for $10CAD.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It covers my awful undereye circles and hides the acne scarring on my cheeks. For my low-maintenance days, I can actually stipple a bit of this on any red patches on my face, and it WORKS. I've never encountered a concealer that provides coverage and can also be used as a sort-of-kind-of foundation substitute! I haven't had any problem with a cakey appearance, so until then... Two thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I give this a meh. I can see the weird blue sparkles, doesn't cover very well and breaks me out.
I think it also starts to go bad pretty quickly.. I started breaking out pretty bad about halfway through the container.
It does blend into the skin really well, it definitely doesn't look cakey! But still.. it was ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by alwayshine14

When I buy a concealer I want it to do more than my foundation does, which this does not. It's very sheer coverage, so if I am trying to cover under eye circles or acne I have no luck. It can cover a bit of redness, but I need more than that. I have it in 15 fair which is too light for me and the undertones do not match the ones in my skin so it looks out of place and just draws more attention to the problem. In Canada this is simply not cheap (I still can't believe I paid 10$ for this, SO NOT WORTH IT) the packaging is OK, but I'm disapointed because I really like Maybelline. I have tried the fit me foundation and it was really sheer to, this line is for skin that just need a little bit of help/coverage, it is not good for me.

Update: Ok so i've been using this a bit more and i'm changing the rating to 3 lippies (from 2) because i'm starting to at least like it enough to use it up. but im bringing the packaging quality down to 1 lippie (from 3) because the little black band on it start rubbing its ink onto my hands and in my purse and the actually concealer like exploded in my purse (i was really unhappy about that)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

This is officially my HG concealer! It blends beautifully and completely covers my dark circles, which are fairly dark. There's really nothing I would change about this product, and I'll definitely be purchasing another when my current container runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by kedaface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it ended up choosing the maybelline fit me concealer as it was one of the few concealers in the drugstores that i thought had my shade(although i am half white, half black carribean my skin is olivey tan).

Application: When applied i thought it blended with my skin quite well but as soon as i went into natural light i saw that it was too dark for my skin and i looked 'streaky'...maybelline need to work on their shade ranges...

Packaging and Overall: I think the packaging for this concealer is very unhygienic as your applying the stick onto blemishes then back into the pot which i hate doing...i think this is what led to breakouts for me and i probably won't be using this again only for emergencys. ALSO THE STAYING POWER THROUGHTOUT THE DAY IS TERRIBLE :( ONLY LASTS LIKE 4 HOURS

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by VivienneDia

For having never tried a liquid concealer before, I'm incredibly impressed with this product. I have typically only used a liquid foundation to cover large areas of redness, but this concealer worked 10x better. It's very pigmented! I was blown away to discover that all I needed was a small dab of product to do the job without reapplying. It's very easy to blend, doesn't leave my skin dry like a cream stick, and doesn't seem to have any ill effects, such as break outs, as of yet. I was worried I wouldn't like it, but I really don't like it; I love it!