Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 8/4/2012 10:13:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation, it gives me a good coverage but doesn't make my face cakey looking. It feels like I have no make up on at all!
This foundation glides on my skin easily and leaves a matt finish. I apply it with my fingers. It doesn't make me brake out.
I'm on my second bottle of this foundation, and I paid 48,70 euros of it. I think this product is worth the price.

on 8/4/2012 4:52:00 AM

This and Double Wear are my by far favorite foundations. I use Chanel as my everyday foundation- it gives me just enough coverage and looks super natural. If I need it to last longer I use pressed foundation on top and makeup setting spray, for everyday just a translucent setting powder. I have normal skin and I love this watery consistency. Because of it I use only a bit of the product and it covers the whole face. Some people complain about its lasting power- yes it will not last from 8am to 10pm but this is not what you should use it for. If you need a full coverage foundation pick Double Wear instead, this one will stay on forever but looks way less natural as well. In general: perfect everyday foundation.

on 8/4/2012 12:46:00 AM

I tried Dior nude, L'oreal True Match, Maybelline Mousse, No7 liquid foundation, Clinique Even better and MAC liquid foundation. This is the ultimate and truly the best! It applies smoothly, coverage is light (you may want to try something else if you want a heavier coverage), the effect is gorgeous-I look flawless.
It is expensive but I cut corners on other make up essentials like eyeshadows, lip gloss, etc. For me the foundation needs to be good..
Next I shall try Chantecaille, I heard it was good too.

on 8/3/2012 11:40:00 AM

This is perfect if you need light, natural coverage - it feels so soft, and looks like second skin, like I am not wearing any makeup.
Will surely not work if you have problems with acne or pigmentation that you want to cover up, but if you just want to even up the skin colour a bit, it works like magic

Love it!

on 8/3/2012 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I normally give rave reviews for chanel products but this one doesn't make the cut. It's way too watery and thin and doesn't cover enough. Lancome's teint idole ultra seems much better to me. Sorry Chanel!

on 7/30/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was so excited to buy this product. I have always trusted Chanel's makeup, perfumes, and skincare, and really wanted to add one of their foundations to my makeup wardrobe. I have dry, sensitive skin, but I've never had acne; in fact, I rarely ever break out, and when I do, the blemish never lasts long.

Two days of wearing this foundation resulted in three painful zits on my chin, jawline, and nose. Yup, count me in on the cystic acne group! I cannot fathom what's in this that gave my skin such trouble, but all I know is I'm avoiding it like the plague from now on! I'm really disappointed; no one would ever expect such sub-par results from anything by Chanel. My skin is notoriously fussy, but since so many other people have had the same issue, it looks like Chanel needs to reformulate this product... or people with sensitive skin need to keep clear!

So this stuff is amazing for the summer months, but I will note that it's lasting power could be improved.

I'm NC20, and found that B10 was actually the better route versus B20 since it runs a bit dark IMO, and with the possibility of oxidation, it just seemed like the better choice. Application is fast and smooth with this stuff. I don't really like using my fingers so instead, I apply with a damp peep sponge (by Sonia Kashuk). I really love it's dewy, natural finish so I actually do not set it. I understand that setting it could make it last longer, however with my skin, it really doesn't make a big difference.

I marked it down a notch given its price point (ugh, Chanel...) and the teensy bottle size. I also think that the woodsy yet rosey smell (although it dissipates fast) could be nixed, as well. I might move on to try the recommended Shiseido liquid sun protection next, as it's a few bucks cheaper and offers higher sun protection.

on 7/29/2012 1:34:00 PM

For me, this is the best summer foundation that I own! It goes so light on the skin, altho it gives a very decent coverage. It lasts, the finish is beautiful, the only downside for me is the price. I will buy it again, for sure!

on 7/25/2012 2:06:00 AM

I love this foundation, it super light on ur skin but it also gives a decent coverage, it was pretty pricy though! still, i think its one of the best foundations I've ever tried, and I've tried a bunch of different foundations.

on 7/24/2012 10:54:00 PM

Being a huge fan of the original vitalumiere, I thought I was going to be completely in love with this product. But I'm not. Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely foundation- so easy to work with, super natural finish. However, I cannot get passed the scent. I highly, highly recommend getting a sample before purchasing.