September 17, 2014 | 946 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Unscripted1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this foundation on clearance, and had seen many reviews about this product here on makeupAlley... Wow to my surprise it made my face look very dry and ashy and I do not have dry skin! It was also found it to be difficult for me too apply drys to fast!.. Well hope whom ever buys this foundation has a better experience than I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by DBusta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation not really expecting too much.. But I am impressed! The lightest shade (100 Ivory) matches my skin tone almost perfectly. This is the best drugstore foundation I have tried!

Pros:
-Doesn't cause breakouts
-Medium coverage
-Applies smoothly
-Lasts all day
-Lightweight feel
-Cheap! (I got it for $6 @ Target)

Cons:
-Llimited color selection

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's the best supermarket foundation I've tried. It covers nice, it stays on (better than other foundations) when I sweat, but it dosent helps on my oily skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by mayra2123

Well first I'm going to say that I haven't use any liquid foundation for years, I've always used bare minerals foundation (and I love it) but lately my skin started getting oily, so I wanted something more matte and a little more coverage. So i came across Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 hours, and I was very hesitant, but for the price I decided to try, I was scared because they didn't have a lot of shades, and I'm light skin, so I went with 100 Ivory, and wasn't sure if it was my color. The next day I use it and I was in Love all over again! It has great coverage and it doesn't make my face oily, I apply finishing powder over it and I helps it stay on. I will for sure buy it again, and I'm also a MUA and I would to start using this in my kit. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation, but unfortunately I can not get a good color match. I'm nc42 in mac, very yellow undertones. I purchased this fdtn in 300 sand. I love the finish, the feel, everything about this foundation. It looks like my skin but better on me. It lasts all day and doesn't get super shiny on my combination skin. Never broke me out. In person and in pictures without flash it looks fine, just a bit more neutral than my natural skintone. With flash, it comes out looking way too pink. Because of this, I'm going to stop using it. I still give it 5 lippies, b/c I don't think it's worth lowering the rating because of the color match. If you can get the right color for you, give it a try, it really is a lovely fdtn.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by ah63

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!! This really lasts all day without drying me out. I have very dry skin in the winter, combo in the summer. It has a natural finish that is neither too matte or dewey. The price is fantastic. I like it way better that Revlon colorstay and EL doublewear. I am about NC 27 or NC 30 depending on the season and I originally got shade 200. It looks dark in the tube but turned out to be too light for me so I went up to shade 202 which works way better. It's weird that shade 202 is only available at some stores (Walmart, wasn't even carried at Target). I have very strong yellow undertones so I wish they were yellower but they are actually not as pink as some Revlon and CG foundations. This beats out many of my high end foundations I have on hand (Dior Nude, EL DW, Lancome teinte Idole ultra). One small caveat is that the finish is a little tacky but I just brush on some powder (MUFE HD) and that takes care of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me just tell you to start off that I am not so picky about foundation. I have normal and clear skin, my facial "problem" is my undereyes, not my complexion.

I heard good things, picked it up because for foundation it is dirt cheap!

I am not a regular foundation user, I just needed it for my yearbook photos.

I was happy to find that shade 100 matched my skin perfectly. Any foundation feels heavy to me because I never use it but this wasn't too thick or cakey. The formula was nice, not too liquidy for a liquid. It gave me a nice smooth and even flawless finish.

I don't know how this would work on everybody's individual skin needs. But if you want a nice polished look without being too cakey or thick I recommend this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lindyhopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I didn't like it because it didn't seem to last very well, but as with most products I don't like at first, I figured out the best way to apply it for me and now I love it! It stays looking decent all day. I get a *little* shiny after several hours, but I don't look like a greaseball or anything. It doesn't look thick or cakey, but has pretty good coverage, and I have horrible acne and scarring. It's amazing to find something with decent coverage that doesn't look like a mask.

It also doesn't turn orangey or blotchy on me, which is cool. It also seems to smooth out some of my texture problems when I have it on (although that could also be my primer), like large pores.

I like it. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

I typically don't wear foundation, as my skin is very prone to break outs. This was no exception. I picked this up at my local Rite Aid, having never tried Rimmel, thinking that it would be a light weight foundation that I could use daily. I got home, applied it, and it was great. It blended well and evenly, and gave me just the coverage that I was looking for. Sadly, about five hours later, the left side of my jawline erupted into cystic pimples. :-( I took it back the next day. I've never had quite a reaction to foundation like that, usually I'll get small pimples in a few days, or clogged pores, so I'm thinking that maybe I was allergic to one of its ingredients. Oh well, the search for a perfect foundation/tinted moisturizer continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jlcana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A long lasting foundation that doesn't dry out my skin! Great finish, nice color selection and cheap! Perfect summer foundation...put some on and forget about it. Only wish it had SPF in it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No