December 19, 2014 | 1580 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by emilychristine

When I first bought this foundation, I didn't like it. Because I am very pale, I thought it was too dark for my skintone even in the lightest shade. It also felt sticky on my face throughout the day. I bought it because of all the rave about it on this website and Youtube...so I decided to try it again and I'm glad I did! I realized that this actually matches my skin perfectly. I was so used to using Revlon Colorstay in the lightest shade..but it turns out Colorstay was actually too light for me, and Rimmel is just the right color. It gives me a nice, dewy, glowy finish, yet it doesn't look shiny and shimmery. It really does stay on for a very, very long time as well. I've noticed how fresh my skin looks even after I've been spent twelve hours away from home at school and work! It is amazing.
A little bit of this goes a long way, so it really will last for quite some time. It doesn't look cakey, but yet you can build the coverage if you wish. It doesn't highlight any of the dry areas of my face. The only con I can think of is that it leaves my face slightly oily on my t-zone at the end of the day. It is annoying, but it doesn't get oily until after about eight hours.
For the price (ranges from six to eight dollars), I would say this is a fantastic foundation. It works better than almost any other foundation I've tried (and they all were much more expensive).
I'd recommend this!! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jptakesdc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG foundation!! This is inexpensive and effective. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with large pores and this doesn't look even the slightest bit powdery and cakey on me- it's very creamy and natural! Nobody even notices that I have makeup on but it covers all of my acne and acne scars, no other coverage needed! The only thing is I'd suggest moisturizing first. :) I apply this with my fingertips and voila, I am ready to take on the day. I'd recommend this to anyone who has been struggling to find a good foundation! I tried Revlon, Covergirl, Physicians Formula, and many other drugstore brands before this and some of them were okay but this is by far my favorite. What a gem! Please never discontinue this, Rimmel, I'd be heartbroken after my long search! This is great for medium coverage or can be built for nearly full coverage. A true day to night makeup!!! If you're tired of searching, try this!!!

Edit: I now prefer Clean Finish because it leaves my face looking flawless and cheaper! But this one is still great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Me: NC 15-20 in Mac; Fairly Light in EM. Slightly drier cheeks, slightly oiler t-zone. Slight rosacea (subtype I - blushing) on my cheeks, nose, chin.

I only use long wearing mu products. I have been using EM pretty much 95% of the time for a few years. (I also use Pur Minerals when bored.) However, this winter, my skin got noticeably drier and I decided to try to find a long-wearing liquid foundation to shake things up a bit. I've worn for 2 weeks in #100 Ivory.

Cheap, love the tube (great for travel). Lasts 8-10 hours on me w/out any makeup setting spray (lasts 14 hours w/ Urban Decay All Nighter). Sinks in nicely to my skin (I apply w/ my slightly moistened BeautyBlender sponge). Great pigment = covers my slight rosacea beautifully. No skin irritation/breakouts.

Bottom line = I will keep this little gem in my regular foundation rotation!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ashlicita

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been rebuying this foundation for years, after a recommendation on Youtude. I love it. It provides very heavy coverage, but doesn't feel too thick on my skin. The tube is a little utilitarian, but it's an $8 drug store foundation. It does the job! I'll keep rebuying since it prevents my skin from getting oily and, while I haven't tested it for 25 hours, it can make it through the work day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by iAmMollyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the pump One (not squeezey bottle)
I find it OK.. It doesn't last 25 hours. Not at all, I applied it using moisturiser, laura geller primer, the foundation then set it with mac powder, I applied it 7am and by 6 hours needed touch ups, it's quite thick and when you re apply it goes cakey...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by xstarb0rn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I typically research foundations before I buy them, even if they are drug store foundations. I've had bad experiences with Covergirl, Neutrogena, and possibly another brand. When I looked on Youtube and saw that people from Miami claimed this was matte and did actually last a long period of time, I thought this foundation was too good to be true. The foundation itself is very matte when you apply a powder on top of it.

I ended up buying it and I tested it out without a primer or moisturizing. I initially hated it and thought to myself, "Not even a primer can fix this." For some reason though, I couldn't bring myself to return the Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation. The main reason I hated this foundation is because it left my entire face looking dry. I have THE OILIEST FACE ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH and I thought there was something wrong.

I threw it in my makeup drawer designated to the items that I barely used but if in an emergency I would attempt again. That day came when I was running out of my Revlon Colorstay Foundation and I didn't want to use the last of it when I was going in for a short shift at work. I took the proper steps to applying foundation: cleansing my face, moisturizing my face, priming my face, and for my oily sisters- using the Urban Decay Deslick Spray. Since then I have experienced nothing but great things from this foundation.

I've even worn this foundation with just my moisturizer and setting spray because I forgot to pack my primer for an over night stay at my sister's house and it lasted literally all day throughout my travels to NYC and long hours in a hospital. The only thing that happened this time without the primer is I could feel the foundation break down slowly throughout the day. I cannot blame that on the foundation especially since I wore it from 5AM to 11PM and there was a slight noticeable difference from how it wore when I first applied it to how it wore when I removed it.

My advice for someone wishing to try this would be to buy this if you have oily skin; if you have normal to dry skin then it will highlight your dry patches or make it seem as if you have more than you really do. Cleanse, moisturize, and prime your face. If you're an oily person then I strongly suggest using a setting spray as well.

Pros:
MATTE FINISH (When I say Matte, I mean perfectly dry when used with a powder.)
Doesn't feel too heavy
Lasts literally 25 Hrs (I've fallen asleep with it on.)
Does not cause break outs (Based off of my experience with it)
A little goes a long way
FULLLLLLL Coverage (You barely need concealer.)
Sex proof

Cons:
The packaging (Product comes out of the tube when you don't put any pressure on the end.)
The shade selection (All 7-10 of their shades seem very tan. I am in between what I would say is tan and dark skinned and I decided to go with 300- Sand.)

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by blondiecakes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Even their lighest shade wasn't light enough for me. The color selections are way too limited. It's a very heavy coverage, which isn't really my thing. Blending was rather difficult and it looked cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the ONLY liquid foundation I use or own. I am usually a tinted moisturizer kinda gal, I prefer a natural look for school and work. But when I'm going to events or just have a bad skin day I will use this. I find it to be very light and matches my skintone really well. And you can't beat the price!

I don't particularly want to test the "25 hour" claim because that would involve me sleeping in my foundation. and that is a makeup sin in my book.

My skin can get a little oily sometimes when it gets hotter outside but this foundation holds up pretty well! If a foundation can last an entire day of mine including school and work, its an A in my book!

Definitely suggest you all try this out! The shade selection is a little small but those of you that are lighter can probably find a match! And if you're unsure if you will live it head to your local Ulta! They have a really great exchange policy for opened and used products :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by wink89

I went on a weekend trip and forgot my makeup bag. Went to CVS at 2 am and picked this up in a panic. To my surprise, it worked out pretty well. Though limited in color selection, the shade I choose is a perfect match. Staying power is good, considering my oily skin and blotting all day. It actually looks more natural than my MAC Longwear, and cheaper. I'm considering switching over but will give it a few more weeks of testing. Only con is that I have to use more than I normally would with Mac Longwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you haven't tried this and need a cheap foundation then get this. I stopped using my ELDW foundation and went to this as a cheaper alternative. the Only downside is the stickyness so make sure you set it really good. The color selection isn't wonderful either but I was able to make it work. Give it a try.