Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

I would buy this product again IF AND ONLY IF it didn't me break me out. I would give it a 5 if it wasn't for the bumpy skin. In the beginning I didn't like it because like others, it felt good initially but then it felt dry. But after a while of using the product made my skin feel beautiful and helped my oily forehead. Then a few months came a long and I started getting bumpy skin and no matter what I did nothing worked (it made me so sad to see my face in the sun and see these ugly bumps) until I stopped using this product first and miracously the next day the bumps were less. Again, loved the product but BOO to the bumpy skin :[

on 2/3/2011 10:52:00 PM

This gel cream actually reminds me of H2O plus face oasis hydrating gel. If you have oily and dehydrated skin like me, this is definitely not moisture enough especially during the fall season. You have to have applied other moisturizers on the top of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the best basic moisturizer ever,is more of a gel moisturizer with no oilyness.Contains no anti aging or antioxidant properties though

on 1/29/2011 10:33:00 PM

i am in love with this gel cream! i will use this forever! before this is used clinques gel lotion and i really like it but ive got to say i would choose garnier because of how cheap it is!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Texture is amazing. I love the cold gel cream sensation when applied after toning. I've got oily skin but do suffer from the seasonal dry spots in the winter.

I favor this cream at night before bedtime, a little moisture to keep my skin hydrated. My face doesn't feel oily when I wake-up, just a tad bit refreshed.

on 1/26/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like this - I've used it once so far - but I forgot to put it on today if that tells you anything. It felt a smidge sticky on my skin but was otherwise nice and refreshing. My makeup looked fine all day. I'll try and remember to put this on for a few more days and update this review!

on 1/25/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only moisturizer I've ever been able to use that doesn't break me out and doesn't add any extra shine to my skin. My skin is normally quite oily, but I get dry patches in the winter because of the drier air and indoor heating.

All skin can become dry for 2 different reasons: lack of oil or lack of water (or in some cases, both). This moisturizer works so well on oily skin because it adds WATER to your skin, not oil. It's light, refreshing, and it works.

on 1/25/2011 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OH WOW. So I bought this gel-cream for maybe 5 or 6 bucks at Target not expecting much, but it is so amazing! No other moisturizer controls oil like this one. I've tried Olay, Aveeno (which breaks me out), Neutrogena (which never worked for me), RoC, and Cetaphil (too heavy), but by the end of the day, I would have used about 4-6 sheets of oil blotting paper. It might seem a bit excessive but if I sweat, the oil would travel down to my eyes and irritate them so I had to. But since I started using this product, I haven't even reached out for oil blotting sheets. My face is not perfectly matte, but it's definitely not greasy to the touch. I actually don't use the product by itself but with other cream, however, I always use this first and that seems to control the oil perfectly fine.

However, I must admit I hate the smell. It kind of smells like typical Garnier hair product gone awry. It's not intolerable but I'd rather it be scent-free because it does bother me somewhat. Also, it doesn't moisturize perfectly. I notice that I get chapped areas on my face, especially if it was windy outside. Plus, it's a bummer that this product doesn't contain any SPF. And lastly, just as a warning, the cream is very cold. It's not off-putting to me but perhaps because it is a light cream/gel, it is cold to the touch.

I'm not too fanatic about the jar packaging, but I figure it could be worse.

All in all, a really great product. I've never been so oil-free in my life and I have not broken out either! :) I'd recommend it for oily skin and also sensitive skin, but I feel as though it does not moisturize adequately enough for dry skin.

on 1/24/2011 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i just bought this product couple months ago since it was on sale.. i think it was like five bucks at CVS. i wasn't really expecting much of this product.. since i just bought it b/c i thought it was cheap and i needed a new moisturizer since my clinique gel moisturizer was running out. when i used this i was like eh whatever.. didn't really take much notice of it.. last week i saw this product on my counter.. and i was like .. ehh should use it since i bought it.. and DUDE THIS moisturizer is pretty amazing for its price :). it doesn't cause any break out (at least for now :p) .. i use this in the day time and use my origins rejuvenating treatment moisturizer at night.. i love both of them HG until i find another product better.......which is probably not going to happen in a while :) .

I LOVE this moisturizer! It is light, cool and refreshing and it soaks in fast without leaving a oily residue. If you have oily skin, this stuff really helps control it and it leaves my skin super soft. Winter months usually leave my face dried out, itchy and flaky but this moisturizer takes all of that away. I use clinique moisturizer in the morning with my makeup and after my shower at night, I put this moisturizer on and I think I actually like it a lot better than cliniques! Plus the price is great... wish it was available in a tube tho! : ))

Popular Moisturizers