Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 2/12/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a great moisturizer. It is the best one i have ever tried. I would only recommend it for oily skin because it is ultra ligthweigth. I have always had problems with other moisturizers, they would bresk me out and make my face oilier throughout the day. This moisturizer did not break me out and kept my face smooth and oil free.

on 2/11/2011 3:15:00 AM

This product worked so nicely for my fair, sensitive, and dry skin. I have lots of trouble finding products that don't irritate my skin. It did make my cheeks a tiny bit red, but it went away shortly and left my face really soft, smooth and even minimized the look of my pores which I wasn't expecting. It was worth waiting the few minutes for the redness to tone down for how my skin looked after. The product smells nice, rubs in and absorbs quickly ready for makeup and would make an excellent base for it. I had previously used Clinique Moisture Surge, but it was costly after a while and took a bit longer to absorb. I will be buying this product again instead!

on 2/5/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This moisturizer clogged my pores up really quickly, made my face scaley, & inflamed + too much scent. I think it has too much silicone and alcohol & my face doesnt respond good to grape seed. It is also a bit pricey & I hate the packaging. I will never buy this again or recommend to anyone.

on 2/5/2011 10:55:00 AM

While I was living in China, Garnier bought up a native Chinese cosmetics company and started marketing this product under their brand. When this product was brought to the US, I checked and sure enough, the ingredients are the same, packaging is the same, etc., so I figured I can review it even though I haven't bought the "American version". I absolutely loved this stuff while living abroad mainly because if you have oily skin, this won't make it worse nor will it dry you out, it just seems to balance moisture in the skin. I would wear this under my sunscreen and then at night as well, no problems with break outs. However, I only used this during the warmer months, I don't know if I would recommend using it during the winter mainly due to the fact that I believe its moisturizing properties won't do much for very dry skin, however if you have combination skin, I would recommend this as a light moisturizer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim, because my cheeks had been getting extra dry in the winter and my co-worker recommended this to me. So I went ahead and bought it, it's not bad to put over my prescription gel but it really didn't work just by itself on my cheeks, which is most likely why I would not purchase again, though not saying it's a bad product, just didn't work for me and my super duper dry cheeks. Everywhere else it was a nice finish, no film and not overly moisturizing either on my T-zone. I did notice the flaking of my forehead to be a bit less noticeable.

Basically, if you have slightly dry to moderatly dry skin, this would be great for you. But if you're like me and you have to layer moisturizers... and have extremely dry and red cheeks, this would not be enough. Again, not that it's bad, I actually liked it, it's just for me, it's not enough moisture :/

on 2/4/2011 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Perfection! I bought this because I ran out of my Clinique gel and the weather was so bad I didn't want to go all the way to Macy's to pick another bottle up. My friend was raving about this product a little while ago so I thought I'd pick it up, not expecting much. But I was very pleasantly surprised! It has everything I've been looking for in a moisturizer! Gel consitency, water-based/oil-free, non-sticky, refreshing and very moisurizing!

It actually reminds me a lot of Shiseido's Pureness Gel-cream, but less drying. :)

LOVE this stuff.

I would buy this product again IF AND ONLY IF it didn't me break me out. I would give it a 5 if it wasn't for the bumpy skin. In the beginning I didn't like it because like others, it felt good initially but then it felt dry. But after a while of using the product made my skin feel beautiful and helped my oily forehead. Then a few months came a long and I started getting bumpy skin and no matter what I did nothing worked (it made me so sad to see my face in the sun and see these ugly bumps) until I stopped using this product first and miracously the next day the bumps were less. Again, loved the product but BOO to the bumpy skin :[

on 2/3/2011 10:52:00 PM

This gel cream actually reminds me of H2O plus face oasis hydrating gel. If you have oily and dehydrated skin like me, this is definitely not moisture enough especially during the fall season. You have to have applied other moisturizers on the top of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the best basic moisturizer ever,is more of a gel moisturizer with no oilyness.Contains no anti aging or antioxidant properties though

on 1/29/2011 10:33:00 PM

i am in love with this gel cream! i will use this forever! before this is used clinques gel lotion and i really like it but ive got to say i would choose garnier because of how cheap it is!

Popular Moisturizers