April 20, 2014 | 1759 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The Porefessional

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by rcj465

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ugh.

I have been on the hunt for a great primer that won't break me out (sensitive and acne-prone skin) and that will actually smooth the appearance of pores and fine lines. This product, despite its name, was NOT it. :( It actually ACCENTUATED my pores (which aren't huge by any means, but noticeable.) Also did nothing to "fill in" little acne scars/pits on my face. Made my face feel greasy after only a couple of hours. My WHOLE face, not just my oily t-zone.

To add insult to injury, it broke me out terribly.

DAAAAAAAMN.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this and I have bought this twice now hoping that maybe if I apply it differently, then it will work but it just doesn't for me.
I already use an oil mattifier so I really wanted this to cover my large pores and it didn't. I saw no effects, my face felt nice but that was it!

Won't repurchase just because I have tried this twice now and seen no effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hollysin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't have great results from this - and I was hoping I would! I found it to be a little gloppy and heavy. I switched to Sunday Riley Breathable Tinted Primer and had much better luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by glasgowgirl

I typically don't do well with primers. I am breakout prone and they tend to wreak havoc on my sensitive skin. However, I'm not sure what it is about this particular primer but it works wonderfully and does not break me out. It does a great job of controlling oil in my t zone under my foundation. It also smooths the look of pores and reduces the redness/rosacea on my face. I really like this and bought the full sized version at ulta. Its pricey but a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I have used quite a lot of primers. This and inglot scored the best. Inglot is more value for money but I like porefessional for some special reason. LOL. Nope it doesnt cover pores. Perhaps the packaging attracts me and gives me more satisfaction. Oil control is not too bad on my extremely oily skin type but dun expect to not blot your face for 8 hrs. Like this product and will repurchase despite the high price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by LoveNightShade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I always get a shiny Tzone quickly but when i put this product on, i stay dry and matte looking. It lasts about 4hours on me, but since you can reapply this over your makeup i can keep my makeup looking fresh all day. The girl from benefit actually tried this on me, and i was sceptical at first but it works, i used it for my bff's wedding which was an all day event and my makeup still looked flawless in the evening. Even though Benefit is really expensive here, i'll definitely be buying it again when i run out, cause a little goes a LONG way

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by maroush

i have big pores and combination skin so i apply it only on my nose, cheeks and chin. after hearing such good things about this product i thought it would cover up the pores but the result is so minimal that it's not worth paying so much money for. the other issue i have is that when i apply it, it actually piles up on my finger, so i don't think my skin really absorbs it. at first i thought my skin is flaking but after trying it out several times (and i use a mild scrub every day) i realized it's just the product that piles up into white pieces that looks like my face is peeling. really weird primer. surely not buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Scotiabelle

Not tried many primers but love this one. Have the nars plus SPF too and side by side this benefit one is so much better at oil control and keeping make up on...

Edit it does ball up under some foundations eg chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ichbinanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best I've ever tried

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I used this once (once!) and woke up with a HUGE cyst the next morning. It didn't help to conceal my larger pores around the nose and on my cheeks either. It pilled off while I tried to apply the smallest/sheerest layer. And it made me oily. Just about the worst product I've tried in a long time.