BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

I had no intention of ever writing a review for this product, until yesterday.

Let me preface this by saying my pores are very large, but contained just in the center of my face. My cheeks (under my eyes) and my nose. I received two samples of this from Sephora online, because I had reward points (for spending too much damn money) out the wazoo and on a whim added it to my cart for free during checkout.

The first time I used it I was disappointed. I put a dab in the center of my palm and smooshed my hands together, and began applying it like I do face lotion. After a few seconds of rubbing motion, it basically started balling up. I was done, I placed it in the very back of my make up drawer with other products I would never use but for some reason can't throw away.

A couple months ago I started noticing my pore size, after make up application, it was just horrible. I looked decent when I was in direct light, but if it was a directional light source (bathroom lights) it gave all my relatively manageable pores this... depth, their own damn shadows basically. So a couple of weeks ago I reluctantly pulled out the tube of Porefessional and pressed my finger into the tiny amount I had squeezed through the hole, giving my finger a tiny amount of substance, and pointed. I spent 3 minutes getting these little pointy peaks of product on my finger and then carefully poking it into the open pore. I have a few that standout to me more than others. ( I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who notices) but it was working. I did this for a couple days and then decided to try it again before putting on my makeup. I just got a tiny amount and bounced it along my troubled area, and then wiped lightly a few times over than, careful not to reproduce the balls of crap i'd experienced before. This careful and moderate application did wonders. I made it my routine for the past 2 weeks.

This morning, I was extremely tired and forgot to apply it. I barely had my eyes open and was going through the motion of applying my lotion, under eye concealer, and tinted bb cream...Mind you I didn't have my contacts in, so looking in the bathroom mirror is pointless for me, I usually hold up a hand held to see how i'm doing. Anyways, I get done and grab my hand held...I woke up completely when I saw my reflection. I swear my pores had never looked so big. I stared at my face for a while, trying to go over when I had ate the night before, if I drank enough water, did I get all my make up off...then I realized I didn't use the Porefessional.

I washed my face and started over it was that bad. I swear by this stuff now. I can only caution that you don't use it as a primer. Use it as a little hole filler. I watched a video by "Goss make up" on Youtube, a tutorial, and he said basically to stop rubbing it in right before it turns into a powdered form. For some reason I only like to watch tutorials and reviews AFTER I've fallen for a product.

I will be buying again in probably 3 years, because I use such a tiny amount.

For everyone who has accepted the fact that you can't and will never be able to change the size of your pores, this is the HG.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this primer! I love the feel. I love the scent. I love what it does!
I have oily skin with hormonal breakouts and I have normal size pores. Not huge but not as tiny as I'd like them to be to make my skin flawless. And this product does the job! It keeps my skin looking flawless with or without makeup on.
My only dislike is that it is a bit pricey but a little bit goes a long long way.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have very large pores and acne scars in my cheeks and for years I have been purchasing many different types of fillers. I would purchase off of ebay and while it would do the job if filling in the holes it also caused me to break out. I thought I would give this product a try and I am happy to report although it doesn't fill in some of my larger pores it doesn't break me out and I can still have some coverage. I am still on the search for a product to help me with treating my pores as well as hiding them temporarily.

I don't get what all the fuss is about. this did nothing for my pores. it fills them in when i first put it on but ends up greasy after a few hours and slides off my face.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Literally an airbrush app in a tube. I absolutely adore this primer, just a heads up though if you have dry skin make sure you moisturise well because sometimes It clings to dry patches

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this product as a primer and did not see much of a difference in the appearance of my pores, with the exception of those on my nose. When I used this on my whole face, I broke out pretty badly, so I just use it on my nose to reduce the look of my enormous nose pores. The scent is lovely. I would buy again, but only to use on my nose. The price point is pretty terrible, but considering that I will only use a very small amount each day, I think it is a decent investment.

I absolutely love the porefessional! it goes on silky smooth and does a fantastic job at hiding my pores. it makes my skin feel and look extremely soft. it is a bit on the pricey side, but one tube will last me well over 6 months because it does not take much at all to do my whole face.

It's hard to try and remember a time that I didn't use this product! Before using this primer my foundation would be non-existant by 2pm (when applied at 7:30am) and I recall looking into a mirror and almost gasping out loud: "Yikes! Have have been walking around with a red shiny nose and blotchy cheeks all morning?"

Then I read about primers and heard from the Benefit counter (at the time I only ever shopped there) that Porefessional would be the best for me.

I use this everyday coupled it with a BB cream - No.7 for winter and a high SPF one for summer - and have to say that it's made such a difference. It glides on easily and makes your skin look and feel smooth and velvety. Liquid foundations work with it really well too.

While it's certainly not the cheapest primer out there, for me it lasts ages so I don't even think about it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't think this was a product I needed until I got a sample in my Ipsy bag. It is seriously amazing!! I only use it on my T Zone and it makes my skin look smooth and flawless. I also feel like it helps my makeup stay longer. I bought the full size of this product

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm sort of torn over this product. I do like it, but if you are expecting for it to perfect your skin and make your pores and fine lines dissappear then do not get your hopes up. Porefessional definitely helps with the appearance of pores and lines, but the difference is VERY minimal. It does however leave your skin feeling velvety soft. I would purchase this item again if I'm in Sephora and had some money to burn, but once I run out I won't be running to replace the one that I have. It's nice, but not a life changer. As for the longwear of my makeup, I personally do not apply this all over my face. I tend to keep it in my problem areas (t-zone) and havent really noticed a difference

Popular Primer/ Correctors