December 22, 2014 | 953 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by RuthF

I'm a primer/mattifyer junkie and have tried most on the market, but this is the first one I've bought twice - it's simply brilliant, the effect lasts ages, and though mattifying is billed quite a way down it's list of benefits it keeps my oily areas matt for hours along with hiding first wrinkles. A little goes a long way and any product where you use every last bit in the tube is worth the money in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Ameliaheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This really seemed to do just what it claimed ! To be honest, I was surprised at how well it worked! I have some larger pores on my cheeks and this completely blurred them out so it looked like the were not there at all! It also left a really soft and even finish perfect for foundation to go over. It seemed to really keep my foundation on for a longer time and I certainly loved how it gave my face a really clean , seemingly pore-less face to put foundation on over.
Overall I liked it I thought It was a really really great primer and really would recommend it to anyone in the market for a high end primer , especially if they consider their pores to be a big issue.

Price - 30$ - so it's a little pricy but that amount of product you get lasts you a really long time

Packaging - pretty good- Its cute! And easy to use there is nothing wrong with it

would i re-buy it ? Yes !

who should buy it- people in the market for a high end primer who want their pores to be blurred

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

PROS:
- It definitely does "blur" my pores a bit. It won't make them vanish, but for someone with big pores like me, this primer makes them a lot less obvious.
- Awesome packaging, I like the little squeezy tube.
- Makes my skin soft and smooth, but I'm pretty sure that's just silicone at work as usual
- It does improve the look of my foundation on top, but marginally so. I don't look photoshopped but it does my rough-looking skin look "better" for longer.

CONS:
- I'm oily, and I didn't notice any oil-control from this primer. I still had to blot around my normal time.
- It's scented vaguely like aloe or mint or something. I don't mind, but some people might.
- Kinda pricey at $30 for a small-ish tube. :( I wonder if the Too Faced primer is just as good, since that one also claims to blur your pores...

Overall, great product, although not a miracle worker that some people claim it to be. It's a tad pricey, but if you really like the effect, I can see this being worth the money. I only use it in specific parts of my face (T-zone, focusing on the giant pores on my cheeks) so I don't think I use too much at a time, so a tube should last me a while!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by avastefani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying I am not cheap, but $30 is not worth for the amount you get. So this primer basically does nothing for my face and I don't notice a difference besides the shine that's added on my t-zone. Save your money, but if your like me and like to test the product out before reading the reviews than go ahead and buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by jaytothehay

This is the best thing I have ever bought. I feel like I have big pores. I definitely have bumpy skin and a touch of acne.
This stuff totally smooths out my skin and makes any sort of make-up that I put on top of it looks smooth and silky. Even powder. Even in the parts of my face that have tons of movement like around my mouth, smooth smooth smooth sailing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by janeth0185

really great primer.im really glad i gave this primer a try because it does what i wanted a primer to do to my skin. my skin is very oily and acne prone, and this made my skin less oily,didnt break me out, made my makeup last and also made my foundation look better. only thiing i didnt like was that for the size of the tube it was too much money tho all u do is just apply a dab, very little bit.but over all a great primer i do reccomend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Emilymarchina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used my full sample of this and have been wanting to buy another one ever since! The best primer out there !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Really NOT impressed by this. Didn't really improve the look of my skin at all and has a cloying citrus smell. It smooths your skin, but common now, any drugstore primer can do that. For 30$ I'm expecting a primer to really blur out your pores and imperfections. The girls at Ulta really pushed me to purchase this like they always do with Benefit products. Do they get commission or 'benefits' from selling their products?? In any case, this primer sucks and I've tried many and know what to expect from a good primer. Very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by stephxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure this is the product that broke my skin out, because shortly after purchasing it and using it daily I started getting tons of bumps on my face. I continued to use this product because I didn't make a connection between the two things, but more and more bumps and pimples started appearing. I stopped using this primer, and I haven't had any more of the bumps, however the ones I do have now aren't going away which is upsetting. Also, I don't quite get this product. It just seemed like a crappy primer, and it made my skin feel very weird. I don't think it helped with my pores much either; I never noticed a difference in their appearance. I love the cute packaging though, BeneFit has the cutest packing for all their products!
I'm definitely disappointed in The Porefessional, and found it to be quite the waste of money. It might work on some people, but not me!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by mich99

I was really excited to try the porefessional as I have big pores and I heard mostly good reviews about this in the beginning. But I did see the price, so I did not buy it. Luckily, Sephora had samples so I traded my points in for a sample to try out first.

PROS:
-hides pores really well
-extremely velvety texture, your skin feels super smooth after applying
-cute packaging

CONS:
-i have combination type skin...oily in T-areas, dry in other areas...this did not work for me at ALL. In fact it made my skin SO dry (even in the originally oily areas) that my skin started flaking. I experimented with it under makeup and over makeup and it still didn't work for me.

Reading the reviews on this product, it seems to work more for those with oily skin overall. Combination or dry skin seems to be a nightmare.