July 25, 2014 | 1864 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by MushroomLogic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I have rather large pores on my cheeks and nose. I am a sucker with benefit, when it comes to their packaging and names. So when I saw this at sephora, I was very excited to try it out and the packaging is cute!
When I tried it on my fingertips I hated it already. I hate primers or creams that feel....like smashbox photofinish primer. It might be just me but I really hate the texture of it. I used as a primer under my Makeup Forever HD foundation and literally after 3 hours my face was very oily! I thought it was the foundation. But today I used Laura Mercier Oil-free primer under my foundation and am not oily at all.
I dont know if it was the POREfessional primer that made me so oily, even though it says oil-free..
But other than that...The packaging is cute, but a little pricey for that little tube...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by hqnnah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really have many pores on my face so I can't notice a difference in them after applying this product but it just feels amazing on your skin. It's this like silky balm that just glides on and turns almost powdery after it's sunk in. Although, when I bought this the lady on the benefit counter mixed it with foundation before application instead of doing the two separately, when I did this I found it started to flake alot after i'd rubbed it. So i'd say just stick to dotting it on the area that needs it and rub in gently prior to applying foundation instead of mixing the two together. Again, i'm not sure that it does what it's supposed to do but it's a wonderful base to makeup if applied properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this product as a present this christmas, I am only 13 and don't have any pores at all. I have quite clear skin. When I got this I didn't think I needed it as I had no pores, but then I found out you can use it as a primer as well. I didn't have a primer so I thought it would be good. I also found out it smoothes skin and helps makeup stay put which was exactly what I needed. It did make my skin smoother and helps makeup stay on. Feels nice and smells nice too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by bs786229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I was skeptical at first bc of some of the reviews I had read, but I got this with the "Sexy Little Stowaways" box sets. It makes my skin extra smooth and does help with the pores on my nose and cheeks. It is on the more expensive side, but I wilI buy more when I run out!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Laylabydayla

I was really disappointed with this product. I had read south & seen all the hype. I have large pores on my nose & figured this would be the answer to my problems. The sales girl told me it would be perfect & was very persuasive. It's expensive too! It did come in a pretty nix & I liked the packaging but when I applied it highlighted some dry, flakey skin that I hadn't even been aware of!! It seemed to sit in my pores rather than cover them, highlighting them rather than concealing. I've given it a few try's & now am resigning it to my 'it doesn't do what it says on the tin' box. Disappointing :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by ritafaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like it very much as does the job, no pores showing, leaving a very smooth skin at touch!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by saltysaltt

I'm not sure why many are raving about this product. I have oily skin and this primer made flaky skin show up that I did not even know I had. Even matte foundations don't accentuate flakes that much. I exfoliate regularly and it did not help. This made my skin look dull also. It did not help with my large pores and did not help control oil. Foundation did not adhere well to this primer either and I tried liquid foundation and just powder foundation and it did not work well. The primer also felt heavy and just felt strange. I did also notice some breakouts and I think this is the culprit because I have not changed my routine. Also while applying, it was sort of stinging my face and was irritated during application and my face turned a little more pink but that only lasted for a few minutes but still was not pleasant. I have tried better primers.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I never have an immediate reaction, never. Until I tried this! I am acne prone, and put this on my nose and chin in the morning. By the end of the day and the next day, i had 2 budding cysts on my nose and one on my chin. In exactly the spots I put this primer. They were weepy by the next day and i look pretty rotten. Cysts on the nose are especially terrible because the swelling is so hard to disguise. Well, now I know.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Skin background: Acne prone, dry, large pores, uneven texture and pitted acne scarring. I think this is a great primer for large pores. It really helps fill in areas on your face that needs filling. I don't feel it does anything to prevent shine/oil. I get oilier in the summer months and this did not control shine. I get really dry skin in the winter and it didn't add anything to my dry skin and could make flakes worse. I only give this a 3 for that reason. It is flesh coloured and more of a thicker primer that dries to a powder. I found that if your have irritated, broken skin or acne this would sting when applied on top. It does dry matte. Overall, this is an okay primer for what it claims to do and it does a good job of it. I have tried better primers like Clarins instant smooth and I like it better than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE IF YOU HAVE A CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ALLERGY! (who the hell even knows if they do, let alone how to even pronounce that, right?) Point is, if you have sensitive oily skin that's easily clogged and you also suffer from acne... don't get anywhere near this.

Came down with a horrible allergy due to a foundation, fixed it with steroids and then what do you know... I buy this a week later (once I was "fixed") and then my freddy kreugger face came back!

PRODUCT-WISE THOUGH... it's a really cool product. Does make your face look flawless and it covers every single pore on your face (too bad there's consequences to suffocating our skin :( )

Anyway! If you have normal non-sensitive skin, GO FOR IT! :D