September 23, 2014 | 1988 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by coffindodgers

This product was okay. It did what it claims to: "Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! " but wasn't amazing in any way.
For reference I have light normal / dry skin with large pores around my nose.
PROS:
Cute packaging
Didn't break me out (few things do)
Did minimize pores

CONS:
The price...Normally I have no problem dishing out the cash for high end products. I love Benefit and think almost all of their products are great. But 30 USD is expensive for a primer that isn't THAT good especially when it's only .75 oz, rather than the standard 1 oz. Think about how many tacos you could buy for thirty bucks.
It doesn't make my makeup stay on any longer than any of my drugstore primers do.
It's easily dupe-able. Nyx's pore filler has the same effect for me and costs like twenty bucks less. Hard Candy's Sheer Envy is another possible dupe as well.
It's colored...why? It goes on clear, but it's an ugly tan color in the packaging.
It smells...strange? Not bad, just different I guess.
If you're looking for a good high end primer I'd try Tarte's Clean Slate Primer..It's the same price, but comes with .25 oz more product, and works ten times better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nunyabidniz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definitely one of the better pore minimizers I've found. Really did what I expected it to do, which was hide my pores. That said, it's quite pricey for the amount you get and the amount you may need to cover your pores. Price-wise, Clinique's Instant Perfector was the equivalent of 15 US dollars cheaper and worked just as well. I'll be sticking with Clinique on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sweetbliss81

At first I loved this stuff and was crazy in love with it...then I broke out like crazy. I have acne prone skin but at the time I started using this stuff I was doing well with clear skin. I'm still trying to undo all the damage this did to my skin. I'm very disappointed because I did love this way it felt on my skin but sadly it became a nightmare product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I don't know if this stuff really works or not. I've never had a problem with really large pores, but I do have acne occasionally and this stuff sounded really interesting so I bought it in the full size. The full size is actually really small and you don't get that much for your money. The balm comes out light brown and spreads evenly and you can't see it on your face. I've used all of it, but I never really saw a big difference in the way my foundation looked...I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-Very smoothing, hides pores well
-Mattifying
-Balm-like texture

Cons:
-Not much product in the tube
-Expensive for the amount of product given

I really like this primer. The texture is almost like a smooth light weight balm. It really does hide pores well. It also matifies the skin. A tiny amount can be used mid day over oily spots to reduce shine. My only complaint is that the amount of product in the tube makes it difficult to use as an everyday primer all over the face. You have to reserve the product for small areas on the face. For that reason I rated it a 4.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ktemly

I dont really get the point of this 'primer'.
Yes, it does blur your pores for about 5 minutes if you put it on bare skin, but once you put makeup over the top, it is gone. I've also tried to add over the top of my foundation, however all it does it make the foundation slide off??
I admit I haven't tried this as an all over primer, as it costs $60 for the tube here in Australia and wouldn't go far if you were using it all over your face.
One thing I do like about this product is the packaging. It's really cute, so I leave this in my makeup storage to look nice...that's about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by SleepyHeadphones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

It definitely does its job which is minimizing pores and I love that it's oil-free and goes on smoothly. However it doesn't deliver when using it as a full out primer in my opinion and I found that my makeup would still crease around my mouth. Also if you apply it incorrectly it will separate your makeup on top so apply only what you need. I'll be buying this again to hide my pores until I find the primer that can do it all for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by MedusaSant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down THE BEST primer I have used to date, I got a mini tube of it in my February 2013 Topbox and was hooked instantly.
I have never used a product that literally made all of my pores totally disappear! Gone, every last one of them.
My foundation goes on like a dream and lasts all day now, I mean, I loved my foundation before... But now that its being applied over literally perfect skin, I want to marry it lol.
As with my suggestion with the Benetint, try to get your hands on a sample of this before you buy the full sized. Not every product will work the same on every person and at more than 30$ a tube, you probably want to make sure it jives with you before you take the plunge. Unless you have one of those friends who you can pawn off all the makeup you don't like on.
I got a second mini tube in the Primping With The Stars Kit (AWESOME btw) and I will totally be purchasing the full sized when I run out of the mini's.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by naomihooper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for just over a year and I love it. For me, it does exactly as it promises - shrinks my pores and creates the perfect base for foundation. I normally dab a little on my t-zone during the day if I feel my make-up is wearing off. The only downside is the price compared to how small the tube is; I got through 3 tubes in a year and it retails at £23.50 a tube in the UK. However, the product itself is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ItsElleForever

Okay, so, first of all, THIS IS A PRIMER. NOT A CONCEALER, DUH?! So those who keep on saying that it didn't hide blablablabla, of course it wont! And those who say that it "clogs" you pores, UGH! What make-up doesn't? It made my pores less visible and it smells nice too! I love it, I put it on first then I put my concealer and there! Ready to go! I feel like "Artista skin" all day long. :'))

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No