November 26, 2014 | 1859 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Really NOT impressed by this. Didn't really improve the look of my skin at all and has a cloying citrus smell. It smooths your skin, but common now, any drugstore primer can do that. For 30$ I'm expecting a primer to really blur out your pores and imperfections. The girls at Ulta really pushed me to purchase this like they always do with Benefit products. Do they get commission or 'benefits' from selling their products?? In any case, this primer sucks and I've tried many and know what to expect from a good primer. Very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by stephxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure this is the product that broke my skin out, because shortly after purchasing it and using it daily I started getting tons of bumps on my face. I continued to use this product because I didn't make a connection between the two things, but more and more bumps and pimples started appearing. I stopped using this primer, and I haven't had any more of the bumps, however the ones I do have now aren't going away which is upsetting. Also, I don't quite get this product. It just seemed like a crappy primer, and it made my skin feel very weird. I don't think it helped with my pores much either; I never noticed a difference in their appearance. I love the cute packaging though, BeneFit has the cutest packing for all their products!
I'm definitely disappointed in The Porefessional, and found it to be quite the waste of money. It might work on some people, but not me!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by mich99

I was really excited to try the porefessional as I have big pores and I heard mostly good reviews about this in the beginning. But I did see the price, so I did not buy it. Luckily, Sephora had samples so I traded my points in for a sample to try out first.

PROS:
-hides pores really well
-extremely velvety texture, your skin feels super smooth after applying
-cute packaging

CONS:
-i have combination type skin...oily in T-areas, dry in other areas...this did not work for me at ALL. In fact it made my skin SO dry (even in the originally oily areas) that my skin started flaking. I experimented with it under makeup and over makeup and it still didn't work for me.

Reading the reviews on this product, it seems to work more for those with oily skin overall. Combination or dry skin seems to be a nightmare.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Kirstymarie

I had a sample of this that lasted me ages and I loved it so I decided to buy it and it seems to not work anymore. It dries my foundation when I apply it and makes it look slightly cakey. Don't think it's worth the money and the packaging is cute but overall I won't re purchase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

I have tried so many foundation primers, and nothing worked for me.
So I have gave up on primers because I thought that maybe primers just dont make a differnce on my skin.
Then I tried this porefessional because I had beauty insider points to use.
And this made me realize what all primers should do to a skin. This makes my skin so smooth and hides my pores well. It makes my foundation last longer too.
I took one lippie off because this doesnt hide my pores for too long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pricey primer, but I really like it.

I initially wanted the Urban Decay pore perfecting primer as reading reviews and testing the consistency, I thought it would be the better option for me. Sadly, the one shop that sells UD in my town had sold out.

I was desperate for a pore covering primer and decided to try this. I have tried a few drugstore ones, but as I couldn't find one specific to pore concealing I decided to take the plunge. I am glad I did.

I have oily-ish skin and enormous, craterish pores on my nose. Although my skin is actually not too bad, the look of my pores really gets me down. I use this after moisturiser, before foundation on my nose, cheeks and undereyes. Under my eyes it serves to blur the fine lines I have there - an unexpected bonus! It is a light and silky, silicony texture that blends out to a smooth finish. I apply foundation over the top, sometimes powder, although Lingerie de Peau doesn't need it. It doesn't completely fill in my pores, hence why I have knocked off a lipstick (I have a couple which are really awful - NOT acne scars btw) but it does sufficiently for me to really like this product. It can be used later on in the day. I use it after lunch time. This would be the time I would normally blot and re-powder my skin - with Porefessional I blot and reapply that instead. It gives a much more natural, long lasting and photo-ready finish that powder.

As I use it twice in a day, I could potentially use it up fairly quickly and this was expensive. However, I will probably buy again as I really like the finish, the packaging, and the fact I can reapply throughout the day to keep me looking fresh.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Even though this breaks the bank at close to AU$60.00, I will repurchase this once I finish it simply because it works!
I'm sure many of you have "oily skin" like me, but we are not true oily skins. I'm actually dry skin and my skin over-compensates leaving my face like an oil slick by mid day.
I've tried moisturisers but they don't work, so I tried applying rice bran oil or grapeseed oil then the primer and my face is oil free until the end of my work day.
It's a great product but pricey so I'm going try TOO faced primer after this (although I seem to have an allergy to the shadow insurance)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by MooglePowah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was shown this primer by one of the girls on the Benefit counter in Boots when she decided to give me a makeover. I am usually wary of this sort of thing but I know that Benefit has a good reputation of making lovely products despite their price tags so I didn't mind trying some out. I had told the girl that I really struggle with my skin because it is somehow really oily and my pores on my nose and forehead are HUGE and I have never been able to find a primer or foundation that will stop my face looking like an oil slick. She assured me that Porefessional will solve my self-consciousness when it came to my pores and oil control and to be honest I was impressed when she first applied the product as my pores DID in fact look a lot smaller. She then applied foundation, blush and powder and my face suddenly looked very smooth and clear, but I am sad to say it did not last long. Within an hour of buying the primer and leaving the shop the oil returned, but it took around another 2 hours before the pores reappeared at full hideousness. I reapplied powder and it seemed okay again but again within an hour the oil and pores had returned. The product instructions do say you can reapply the primer over makeup but without blotting papers or anything I wasn't keen on it. I have continued to use it though as I'm not happy to let £23.50 go to waste but when it runs out I will be looking elsewhere.

It's a shame because the packaging us really cute and when it first goes on it is so silky and smooth, a great base for liquid foundation but it just doesn't last, and for the price I expected a little bit more out of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by phoenixstar76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this primer, but frankly it sucks. I love Benefit packaging very fun and retro. The feel of this primer is amazing, as some describe it...velvety in texture. Other than the packaging and the feel of it, BIG LETDOWN.
It seems to quit working very quickly. When I first applied it I was really impressed at how my large pores seemed to fade away. It was like a cruel tease, as the effect faded away soon after. I've tried it both under and over foundation and both seem to make my makeup look gross and grimy within an hour or two.
Over foundation you could actually see that it was significantly darker than my foundation, and worst of all it clogs pores big time. Not what a girl with large pores wants-at all!!
I really like Benefit cosmetics, especially their cream shadows, but this is a big flop. Maybe it would work better on a different skin type? Bottom line, I would not recommend this to a friend.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To me, the majority of my low rating comes from the huge price tag. $30 for such a little amount of product.

I purchased this and I was never that impressed with it because it REALLY highlighted any dryness on my face, especially on my nose and cheeks. It does a good job hiding your pores, I have huge pores on my cheeks and this does seem to fill them in. They do not disappear. If I add too much it refuses to blend out, and it kind of..rolls together into little balls on my face. I think this has to do with the (unnecessary) tint of color the product has.I find that a lot of times when I squeeze the tube the product comes out separated and watery even when I shake it really well!

Overall, to me this is NOT worth $30. I purchased monistat chafing gel a few weeks after buying this, and I have to say, it does a better job at a fraction of the price (under $6). It doesn't highlight my dry areas, it feels easier to blend, it never comes out separated. I am using this up, but I will never repurchase.