BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 8/25/2013 3:52:00 AM

I got the sample sized version of this in the "How to look the best in everything" package at sephora, and I really liked it! The primer has a semi-thick consistency, smells nice, and really does a good job covering the look of my pores. It does a better job at oil-absorbing than anything else I've tried (MUFE and Smashbox), so it's a big plus for anyone with oily skin. I wish they had bigger sized tubes of this stuff, and the fact that it's pretty expensive, which is the reason I'm not buying it again. If you get this as a gift, though, it's a good product :)

on 8/20/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I first got this as a miniature tube in my Benefit 'She's So Jetset!' make-up set. I never considered another primer for ages as GOSH Cosmetics original clear primer did me justice.. but woweeee! I LOVE this primer. It definitely lives up to its well-publicised hype. I do not really have a battle with primers vs. skin because my skin is not oily, but even so I make sure I exfoliate and cleanse my skin when using primer to avoid breakouts. The primer has a lovely, velvety feel and is soft against the skin. At first I wondered why the primer was a light brown/caramel shade (as this is for all skin types) even though I'm olive skinned but when sunk into the skin it was virtually invisible. It made my foundation look beautifully flawless and helped my contouring blend it even more making it look super natural. It didn't make my skin look oily or 'heavy' throughout the day and before I went to bed my make up was still looking fresh as if I'd just done it that morning.I LOVE IT!
The only exception I have for this product is that the big tube is 24.50, it doesn't surprise me too much as Benefit's cosmetics can be pricey but considering their liquid foundation is 50p more I feel it could be a little cheaper! However on eBay there is many genuine 'Porefessional' sellers so you can get it for 10 pounds cheaper generally!So I'm not complaining anymore.. as for the packaging I always love Benefit's style so thumbs up from me:)! MUST BUY

on 8/20/2013 1:14:00 AM

After reading great reviews...I purchased this. I tried every application technique...and although there was improvement in pore size...other products have accomplished a much better result. My favorite of these products would be Tartes-clean slate....much smoother finish, very silky feeling. Sephora's primer, also better, as well as "Gosh's". The "porefessional"...just wasn't as good.

on 8/19/2013 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now because I wanted to make an honest review.

Pros:
It's very silky and your skin is very soft after applying
Once my foundation is on I cannot see my pores at all like I used to be able to before I started using the product
It is odorless

Cons:
The oil still came through my skin like it had before (I have SUPER oily skin)
The bottle is small but expensive
When you put it on it flakes and falls on your face or clothes

Would I buy again: Most likely I will not. I mean I liked the feel of it but it just didn't do much for me.

on 8/19/2013 1:43:00 AM

The consistency of this primer is very silky. It also has a very interesting texture. Once you apply it to your face, it immediately becomes dry, almost like a powder. This primer does what it claims to do: it minimizes the appearance of pores and it instantly mattifies any shine. However, when I use this before my foundation, it makes my skin dry and it sucks up all the moisture out of my face, even if I just applied my moisturizer a few minutes ago. Instead of creating a nice canvas to put on the rest of my makeup, my foundation ends up clinging to dry spots. If I am looking for something to make my pores look smaller, this is the product. But I definitely would not use this as a primer. I've also found that if I rub my face in any way after applying the primer (whether it's when I apply my foundation or for whatever reason), the primer kind of flakes off. It gets very annoying because I end up having tiny flakes of primer all over my face.

The product also claims to be good for touchups throughout the day to mattify the face. When I do this, it again emphasizes all my dry spots, and it just doesn't look good. I guess if you don't have dry spots like I do, it can potentially be a good product. However, it's just not for someone like me with slightly drier skin around my face.

on 8/17/2013 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It really works! I was wondering what all the hype was about, so I decided to go out and purchase this for myself to see if it worked for me. When I apply it, I find my pores are dramatically minimised and my skin feels so much smoother than it was beforehand. Also, a little goes a long way with this product so i find myself not wasting it. The only downside to this product is the size, it's a little too small in my opinion.

on 8/7/2013 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got a bunch of Benefit sample sized products and although this product did help minimize my pores, i broke out, it does block your pores which is not great for your skin, and I typically start my day at 8am and get home and wash my face at the end of the day around 10pm, so with my busy schedule, this product was a miss for me. I will not purchase the full sized product.

on 8/7/2013 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has coverage but it's not wow. It does cover pores but you can still see some. I have small pores. But it makes your skin soft and smooth. Easy to apply foundation after. This product is more about time, you have to let it sit to see results. Anyways it's great but not amazing.

on 8/5/2013 12:15:00 PM

I have only used this about four times and am very impressed. I was a little hesitant to purchase this because of the price for the amount you get but I so far am thrilled with the results. I used it under my Lioele bb cream and it makes my skin so silky and controls oil well. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

on 8/3/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I find that it does a great job minimizing my pores and smoothing out my skin. There are days where I'll just wear this without foundation and a light powder and head out the door. Under foundation, it creates a very smooth complexion to apply foundation onto and makes your skin feel great. The price is a little steep for so little product but I will repurchase this again.

Popular Primer/ Correctors