August 23, 2014 | 1573 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Garnier -Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
My skin type is normal can be dry if I don't moisturize.
While I do not have extreme dark circles, recently I noticed my under eye area looking darker and more tired due to some lifestyle changes and stress (surprise, surprise).
If you go on Youtube or speak with a professional artist you'll hear alot of conflicting opinions about under eye concealers (VERY confusing!): some say go two to three shades lighter than your foundation, others say don't go lighter go brighter, etc. UGH! So I've been experimenting on my own trying different shades and products.
So I had been researching under eye concealers/cover up. I came across several Youtube videos on it and decided to buy and try it.
I've been using it for about a month.

Here's my review:
Texture: Thin in consistency. I wouldn't mind it being a little bit thicker. It does set or dry quickly (again, as it is thin) so you could can 'build' it if needed. Non-greasy.
Finish: Dries quickly and to a matte finish: it's not glossy, shiny or glittery which is great.
Color: There is only one color (that I am aware of) and it is a neutral with a light peach undertone.
Performance: I use it in morning and lasts the day. I've even gone in the ocean with it (I surf) and it holds up. I don't use alot of it so the product lasts for a long time.
The 2 in 1 product claims to:
1. Conceal under eye circles
2. Treat the area with lemon essence and caffeine.
Please note: it does not say it is a moisturizer (I saw a MUA reviewer complaining that they still have to use an eye cream, but it does not claim to be an under eye cream.)
Application: A ball type roller: feels very cool on touch. You can simply place under the eye from the inner corner to the outer corner or after applying use your favorite concealer brush to apply (what I do.) You can also use a finger to smooth in any excess and blend.
Odor: Clean smell.
Cost: Low end.
Bought at: Target
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT.
I think this is an excellent product for minimizing darkness under the eyes while treating that area as well.
I did notice a significant difference but at the same time I also began sleeping earlier, giving up caffeine, alcohol and wheat.
I'd imagine if you are very dark complected the color might not work or if you have extreme circles.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by pixiedustpb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! i cant say enough good this about it! I think this is the packaging is a great idea for under eye concealers. It covers my dark circles competently. I didnt expect much from it when i first bout it. i thought it was kinda gimmicky. WOAH i was very wrong!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by PrincessButtercup82

packaging sucks, and its straight up ORANGE on me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was sceptical, like everyone else. But this is the first concealer I've tried in years that truly disappears into the skin. It's so thin that there's no caking whatsoever.

It doesn't cover dark circles 100%, but knocks three quarters off them, which is all you can hope for really. it's very easy to use, and it's a bit of a relief not to be clicking product into a smelly brush pen.

The caffeine claims to reduce bags? I'd have a healthy cynicism about that one. But then bags are the one thing I don't have, so who knows? The rollerball is quite cooling.

Overall, a suprisingly excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by rya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice concealer. I've seen people say that this works as eye cream and I wish I could say the same, but... I have a very dry eye area. So it's not as moisturizing as I wish it was, hence the -1 star. I like the cold metal ball when I roll it under my eyes. And it seems to depuff my eyes in the morning.
It's very practical and conceals/brightens my dark circles. I tried the "fair" first, but it looked orange and dark. So I bought the "very fair" and loved it.
It's an awesome daily concealer, but I really REALLY wish it was more moisturizing. So I always have to moisturize first, which kind of defeats the purpose of being 2-in-1.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by astrogirl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a lightweight concealer and its coverage of dark circles is decent. It's perfect for travel or those days when you don't have enough time to do your makeup. It's very easy to apply and the lightweight formula blends easily with your fingertips leaving no caking. I also like that it has a sunscreen. I will continue to buy this for travel and on-the-go purposes but I will use more powerful concealers such as Benefit when I have time to do my complete makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by strawberrykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDT: Ok, I had to come back and take away a lippie. I used a little too much of this the other day and it started to evaporate and it made my eyes BURN like you would not believe. Ugh.

Asian with yellow skin tones so the color is just about right for me. I have it in "Sheer Tint" (didn't see any other shades at the drug store) and it works pretty well as a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Queenkt

I have always had problems with dark circles and puffiness under my eyes. This stuff doesn't totally solve either problem, but it does do a lot of good. It has just enough color to brighten my whole under eye area and still look like I am not wearing any makeup. If I am actually going to wear makeup that day I still put concealer on over it to completely cover my circles. Not a true concealer, but as a brightening base and for light evening out of my skin tone on non-makeup days, this stuff is awesome!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Physeter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product does absolutely nothing for me. I have it in Medium to Dark, but it is too thin and offers no coverage or concealment for me. I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by nk685010

I love this. perfect coverage and does not looke cakey at all! when I wear this I dont feel like I am not wearing any makeup its lightweight and has the perfect texture. HG!!