November 22, 2014 | 1719 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail foundation! I have pale, sensitive, and acne prone skin so I have a hard time finding foundation that works for me. I've been using this foundation for a year and it's actually reduced the amount of breakouts I've had. It's comfortable and looks completely natural.

The only con is that I live in Canada and although Bourjois products are available here for some reason they don't sell this foundation (only the serum version) so it's a bit hard for me to track down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by kafee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used. Initially i wanted to try the Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation, but none of the shades matched my skin tone, so I decided to try the original, in shade 54 (Beige). AND THE SHADE WAS PERFECT!!. This was the first Bourjois product I have ever tried and I must say, I'm really impressed :) I LOVE THE SCENT, however the packaging does feel a bit cheap compared to the serum version. The texture is really smoothe and silky and feels great whenever I go out. I don't use powder over this foundation and it still lasts :) Awesome foundation and will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by donaling

I really liked this product, it felt really light on, nice fruity smell off of it and the coverage is buildable. Also when I put it on first I got complements about my skin. Sadly it doesnt last long on. It sank into my pores after about 3 or 4 hours and wiped off easily even though I set it with powder. This was a disappointment for me because it started off so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by sportylass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have been using this for a couple of months now and I have to say that it compares better than any of my high end foundations. I use it mostly for during the day and the finish is gorgeous! I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks). This hydrates my dry areas and isn't an oil slick on the t-zone. I put a bit of powder on the t-zone that just to set it and it lasts all day. The coverage is light to medium (medium if you apply more). I love this though, as it looks like my skin, but more glowy and natural. Would definitley recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by asasirry

I am one of those girls who are constantly changing up their foundation, Almost every month cus nothing is good enough!
I have the Healthy mix in 52 Vanilla and i must say it's perfect for me, I have finally found a cheap foundation that works for me.

Yellow toned, mousturizing, covers well, smells lovely. I finnished my bottle in a little over a month.. A little bit does NOT go a long way with this one. But its affordable and gorgeous so completly worth it.

Thank you Bourjois!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll just say it: this is the best drugstore foundation I have ever used. It's even better than a lot of high end foundations. It's a shame that it's shade selection is abysmal; it's just fair to light-medium skin. Dark-medium to dark skintones are completely left out. Plus, it's not sold in America; I had to buy it from a UK-based online store for $11. I read that Bourjois tried to break into the American market, but failed. Really, unfortunate for us Americans who like the brand.

I'm just started accutane so my skin right now is about dry-normal, but I think this would be doable for oily skin as well. I applied it like any foundation and it blends very easily, looks like second-skin, and never sunk into my pores or dry patches. It didn't dry my skin out further and lasted all day. 12 hours later my makeup still looks great, except it wore off some from my forehead and nose. Honestly, I have no complaints about performance. It didn't irritate my skin either. One thing that bothers me a bit is the strong apricot smell. At least it wears off quickly.

As for it's supposed skin benefits, I really can't say because accutane is doing wonders. Better something than nothing, though.

I'm a MAC NC15 and 51 Vanilla is a great match.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by jessshindler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. I LOVE this stuff. I have acne scarring and I have VERY oily skin in my t-zone but it is also very flaky and dry! This balances it out beautifully and does not emphasize any dry spots. It gives a medium-buildable coverage and it is not obvious at all that there is foundation on my skin. It does not look cakey and does not oxidise, and it smells divine! It lasts all day although I do need to set it with a powder and blot twice a day since I am oily, yet this is expected with any foundation I use. I recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by LeehannahMitchell

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I have been using this foundation for over the past year and i can not get enough! Although I had to break the bottom as the foundation wouldnt pump out so i had to push it up, I think this is the best foundation ever! (i'm not sure if it was just the bottle i had, i'd had it for over 6 months) I wouldn't recommend this product if you like to build your foundation as if you apply too much over and over it can look cakey, i personally go for a more natural look and think this foundation is perfect for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent foundation. I have quite yellow-undertoned skin and it's JUST yellow enough for me (a little ashy but doable). I use 54 for my NW30 skin.

Blendable, medium coverage, between matte and luminous (closer to luminous), high quality feeling.

In the same family of companies as Chanel, not unlike the discontinued Pro Lumiere.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to switch up my makeup for a bit and give healthy mix a try as i'd had it for several months and not really used it. BIG MISTAKE. I realized after a couple of days that in natural light the colour was way too orangey for my skin tone (i brought 53 light beige) and i know 52 vanilla would have been too light so their shading is all off, and to top it off it gave me cystic acne on my forehead, a place i NEVER break out so i knew it was this. Back to Skin79 please. Phew!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No