August 28, 2014 | 1746 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by dotty101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using shade number 54 about 3 months ago and I'm very satisfied with this foundation. It gives a medium coverage, blends well and as far as I read the reviews, all skin colors find a match.
it's also very light, I don't feel as I have a mask on as I often do wearing foundations. the price is OK.
I think it's perfect for normal skin that doesn't break out and only has a few imperfections. for a skin with more problems, you'll need a foundation with more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very keen to try this after rave reviews and after testing it for 3 months here's my verdict:

Pros:
Good neutral shades for paler skin (I use 51)
Blends easily for natural, light-to-medium coverage. Can be layered
Gives you a healthy, natural glow
Does not clog pores or cause irritation
Pump packaging is practical and hygienic
Does not cake or go patchy with time

Cons:
Does not last well on me - I have normal to combination skin and am lucky to get 6 hours out of it
Can be hard to build over areas that need more coverage

I do like this foundation and it's a great choice for those looking for a natural finish on a medium budget, but the poor wear means I probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmmm, I don't love it, I don't hate it; it's just so-so in my opinion.

Plus points: I am really impressed with how well Shade 51 blends in with my skin tone (I have always struggled to find a good match with drug-store foundation; they've always been too dark/orangey.) The foundation gives really good coverage and has good staying-power. I find I don't need to use much at all, so it'll last a long time.

However, the frustrating thing for me is the fact that I can't seem to get my skin looking smooth and even with this. I find it hard to blend in because the texture's pretty thick and so I end up with patches where it looks rather cakey.

Basically, my skin doesn't look any better wearing it, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by rosiekathryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As someone with a very light complexion I would highly recommend this foundation. I find it very difficult to find a shade that is very light, but doesn't have red tones in it and number 51 is perfect as it is very light, but has more yellow tones in it. My skin isn't covered in spots, but I do get the occasional breakout and I find this foundation covers them without looking like it's been caked on. Overall it has a nice finish and a good light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A great foundation. I am very pale and 51 is a decent match, if a little yellow toned but not too bad. The foundation gives light coverage but can be built up to be medium coverage. If you have blemishes like me you will need concealer. The finish is glowy, so if you have very oily skin this might not be suitable. I like the glow, and as I have oily/combination skin I only powder where I get oily. The texture is virtually undetectable on the skin, it's amazing, people don't realise I'm wearing it. It smells nice, has an easy dispensable pump and the price isn't bad at all for the quality. On me is doesn't quite last 16 hours like it promises, but it does last well, around 9 hours I guess. This also doesn't break out my sensitive acne prone skin. The only con is that I can't get a perfect colour match.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupisawesome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just bought this foundation yesterday, iv had my eye on it for a while now.
i used it today for the first time and im in love!
its the light weight everyday foundation iv been looking for, also it has ingredients that will help your skin.
the coverage is deffo buildable but obviously a concealer is always handy no matter what foundation you use.
im wearing right now as i write this post lol.
its a great foundation for the first time wearing it. deffo a back up in my make up collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by stls

I've been using studio fix fluid for 4+ years (check my review if interested) but after reading the glowing reviews here and watching the videos of Lisa Eldridge I thought I should give this a try.

Pros:
1. Natural shades. NW15 is a bit dark for me, 51 is light enough, a tiny bit warmer than I'd like but still the color looks ''believable''.
2. Looks like real skin. Light to medium coverage and natural finish.
3. Doesn't break me out.
4. Packaging is light and convenient.
5. Easy to apply evenly, won't look cakey.
6. Feels lightweight.
7. Smells nice.
8. Price is fair.

Cons:
1. Not particularly long lasting. Tends to fade rather quickly (remember, I'm used to sff)
2. Unless you begin with pretty good skin, your face won't look flawless with this.
3. Doesn't control oil well.
4. Accentuates any dryness.
5. No SPF.

The first day I used it I asked a friend of mine how does my new foundation look. Her reaction was ''Are you wearing foundation? Really?''
So far I like it, it's a nice change from my medium/full coverage foundation, good enough for daily use even though I'm not satisfied with the staying power.
IMO the best way to apply it is with a flat brush (works better than stippling or finger application for me)
Finger application needs one pump for the entire face, brush application one and a half.
I'll continue to use it and I'll also keep my sff for nights out, special occasions and bad skin days!

Edit: Six months later I love it even more and have repurchased. Lately, I mix it with gel-texture sunscreen before application and it goes on even smoother. Now that my face is relatively clear I don't even see the point of wearing a heavy coverage foundation. This one looks so natural and feels like nothing... Love!

Edit 2: Almost a year later I got my third bottle. Now I think it has the best color match I ever had and when I got familiar with this amount of coverage I have to tell it's a favorite. Still it won't give you the perfect skin but the soft natural finish and perfect color are worth the compromise!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by saffronbaby

If you havnt tried this foundation then i seriously recomend that you do. It's about a tenner but defonatley worth every penny. I am a makeup artist and have tried every brand of foundation (including dior, mac,chanel etc..) and this is better than all of them! Abselutley perfect for fair skin, blends like a dream and stays matte for ages! Since I have been using it I have had comments from loads of people saying how amazing my skin looks.. i believe this is down to this amazing little bottle of foundation! probably not suitable for photoshoots because its medium to light coverage but perfect for day use and nights out too. You may need a dab of concealer for major spots but covers little ones a treat!
It is also suitable for different ages.. my mum uses it (52 years old) and my grandmother too (83 years old!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by DarinaArt

HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!
I have shade 52, vanilla, and am normally an nw20. The finish is so natural and beautiful. Perfect for everyday, but flawless enough for going out/special occasions
I love it so much, I am not even through my first bottle but I already have a backup and will be sure to order more, just in case it (for some horrible reason!) is discontinued. I would cry if it ever were.
The smell is great too. Doesn't break me out. Heaven, just heaven in a bottle. I am ready for my closeup with this on. Totally recommend .

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by marika93

My holy grail foundation! I have gone through at least 4 bottles of this!
It has a gorgeous finish mid way between matte and satin. It blends like a dream with sponges and brushes. The coverage is also good, I would say it is medium but most definately buildable without looking cakey. Also the colour selection is very true to real skin tones. I have shade 53 and it's perfect if you are a medium light skin tone. It is quite pricey for high street foundation, but it is TOTALLY worth it!