Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 9/3/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like this foundation. It is pretty good for the price. Granted it is not the cheapest foundation but compared to my usual MAC purchases, it is a much better buy. My MAC foundations are roughly £22 and this was £10.

The coverage is good for what I like and it blends in well. However, it is a little bit too oily/dewy for my liking. It isn't overly bad or a massive problem but when I first put it on I feel it takes a while to sink in and dry to a finish that looks okay. I don't like putting this on and leaving the house too soon as I don't feel like my make up is finished somehow.

I am a MAC NW20 and I got 52 Vanilla. It is a great match for my skin tone and I like the coverage. It stays on for a long time. The only con is the dewiness when it is first applied but the product is decent so I don't mind. I just use this on days where I have a bit more time or I'm not going straight out.

Overall a great foundation. Coverage is medium, but it feels quite light on the skin making it a good choice for everyday wear. It has a noticeable scent, however it is not the usual perfume-y foundation smell but a nice refreshing lemony smell. The finish is relatively natural--it is neither matte nor dewy, somewhere in between.

My only complaint is the staying power. While it is not horrible, it also is not the most long-lasting foundation I've encountered. On my combination skin it generally lasts 4-5 hours before I need to reapply/touch-up.

on 9/1/2012 1:24:00 PM

Suitable for humid and terribly hot weather and oily/combination skin. Blends well and smells good.
Not a fan of the pump though.

on 8/30/2012 11:03:00 PM

I was a little hesitant to purchase this product after trying Bourjois' Organic foundation which had a shockingly bad finish. However, I heard good things about this foundation, so decided to give Bourjois a second chance. Well, lucky I bought this because it is a fantastic drug store foundation!! Although the colour selection is limted, shade 52 is PERFECT for my NC20, neutral, fair to medium complexion. As a reference, my other close-to-perfect foundation shades are Chanel 20 and Clinique Fresh Ivory 02. It is neither too yellow, nor pink: it is a neutral shade with medium coverage which neutralises the redness of my skin without giving me that sallow look you can get from some neutral foundations. The finish is somewhere in the middle of matte and dewy which makes it versatile. It doesn't cake or change colour with wear. It can be worn in winter when your skin is dry and patchy or in summer when it is oily. It has not irritated my acne-prone sensitive skin at all. The price is great: it beats a lot of the more expensive foundations I have. The design of the bottle is also really good because the product is gradually pushed to the top so you can see how much is left in the bottle. It is possibly my all time favourite foundation. I would definitely repurchase.

on 8/26/2012 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I find it best applied with a regular foundation brush and it provides medium but buildable coverage and looks so so natural! It smells so lovely and is such a bargain. I will repurchase forever and ever. for reference, I am a mac nc25 and the lightest shade 51 vanilla is perfect (i bought shade 52 and it was a tad too orange, but I just fix that with powder).

on 8/25/2012 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this in the lightest shade and it was still too dark for me. It didn't help my oily skin and as the day went on the foundation appeared more orange. The coverage wasn't great either. It was easy enough to apply but overall I felt it wasn't suitable for my oily skin.

on 8/21/2012 3:33:00 PM

Thank you so much, MUA - I would never have tried this product if I hadn't gotten curious about it and checked out the reviews. This is my new favorite foundation, and this is coming from a girl who was convinced that HE was the only way to go with foundation and concealer.

This sits beautifully on my skin (I apply with a buffing brush and work it in a bit more with my fingers). Application is easy, it sets pretty quickly and has a demi-matte finish. My skin looks glowing. I agree with those here who have said the coverage is medium, which is great for me because I just want to even out tone and hide those little problem areas. Feels lightweight, it lasts all day (although in the hot weather I do find that I need to blot the dreaded T-zone in the afternoon - but that's to be expected)

My skin is dry to combo, so I imagine that in the winter I may need to give the Healthy Mix Serum foundation a try. I will definitely be re-purchasing, and I only wish this were easier to come by in the US. Love it.

on 8/20/2012 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this foundation, in the shade light vanilla, after hearing it compared to the chanel vitalumiere aqua and thinking I would give it a go. The colour first of all, although better than most drugstore foundations, is a little too dark for my annoyingly fair skin. But colour aside the foundation really impressed me. It claims to be packed full of exotic fruits and if the smells anything to go by I'd say it is! It smells lovely and although scented hasn't broke me out which would usually happen as my skin is pretty sensitive. The foundation goes on like a dream and leaves a dewy but not shiny finish, which is perfect for my mostly dry, sometimes oily skin. If you are extremely oily definitely use a powder or setting spray, however I do find it surprisingly long lasting even in hotter weather. Priced at £9.99 it's not the cheapest of drugstore foundations but is very reasonable and has quickly become one of my favourite drugstore foundations.

on 8/15/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the healthy mix serum foundation which i love so thought I would buy this one and give it a go it's more matte and has more coverage than the healthy mix serum foundation I love this foundation it blends seamlessly into me skin gives me a dewy flawless glow however great for the summer weather I have really oily skin and it actually does the trick keeping my skin moisturised but not shiny it's amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This works well on my oily skin and looks very natural. My skin looks fresh and dewy after applying. The coverage is medium, just enough for me. This foundation is easy to blend in to the skin and dries very quickly. It smells lightly fruity when you first apply, but once it's on your skin the smell disappears. I have already repurchased this product once, and I plan to keep buying it. Its colour range is good, and its lighter shades match my skin very well. The packaging is well designed, as you can get every last drop of foundation and nothing is wasted. The best drugstore foundation I've tried.

Video Reviews & Tutorials