Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 1/7/2013 9:24:00 PM

This is one of my favourite foundations ever. If I hadn't of done some research on foundations I would never have found it and no one that I know has ever used bourjois foundations. I'm currently using MAC face and body foundation but i'll probably go back to Healthy Mix when I've finished the bottle. It is as effective as a high end foundation but for a reasonable price. I think the coverage is great and the finish is quite dewy which is the finish I always want.

on 1/6/2013 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is hands-down the best high street foundation I have ever used, and is probably in my top five foundations overall. The finish is semi-matte and the coverage is medium-full. I think I expected this to be much sheerer, but I prefer a fuller coverage so this was a very pleasant surprise. I have a lot of acne scars and I do still use concealer over this foundation, but it cancels out most of my redness and makes concealing much easier. I then set it with powder, but it doesn't leave a sticky or dewy finish like a lot of foundations so I find I am using less powder than usual. I find it easiest to get a good finish with this foundation using my fingers, but I have also had good results with the Real Techniques buffing brush.

I think that the USPs of this foundation are the lasting power and the colour range. I usually get some separation on my oilier areas after a couple of hours, but this foundation lasts all day long. It does get a bit dewy on my chin towards the end of the day, but it never goes patchy. As for the colour range, I have this in the lightest shade (51) and the second-lightest (52). I use 51 when I am not wearing false tan and 52 when I am, and on the days when my tan is fading I mix them for a perfect match. I have never found a match for my untanned skin on the high street before (I am probably nc10-nc15) so this is great. I haven't really looked at the colours on the opposite end of the spectrum so I can't comment on the options for those with a darker complexion.

I have already repurchased this twice, and I think it is the most affordable foundation available for my skin type. If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive foundation with good coverage that works well with oily or combination skin, I would definitely recommend this.

on 1/4/2013 11:00:00 PM

This is my favourite foundation of all time (followed closely by the serum version). It is light-medium coverage, buildable and does not cause breakouts. I either use my fingers or pat it on with my palms and it gives the most natural finish. Never cakes nor does it make my combination skin look like an oil slick. I also love the packaging and pump which are very nice for a drugstore foundation.
I've received so many compliments about how amazing my skin looks. For reference I am NW15 and use shade 51. Have repurchased many times and will continue to :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this foundation. After trying out many foundations that were targeted for oily skin, I was still getting oily after a couple of hours and my make-up looked really cakey on top of that as most foundations for oily skin have a thick matt look to them. They are nice when first applied but I don't like how they wear. This experience brought me to trying out the Healthy mix foundation. Although this product is targeted to leave a healthy glow on the skin, (most oily skin girls nightmare), when powdered it leaves a nice natural look on the skin. This product has a strong scent, which is gorgeous, but it didn't break out my sensitive skin. I love the packaging as you can see exactly how much you have used and you get every bit of product out. Through out the day, this wears lovely and almost becomes one with my skin. It looks like I have naturally gorgeous skin. It does tend to get shiny but I blot my face and all is good. For the price (I paid €14 at the drugstore), this product is brilliant and I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

on 1/3/2013 1:52:00 AM

I finally finished my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation and was on the fence of repurchasing it or trying another foundation from this line. I made the decision to try the Healthy Mix Foundation and am thrilled and in love with it. I got the same shade in 51 and a fabulous match to my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15. Compared to the Healthy Mix Serum Gel, Healthy Mix provides more coverage (approx medium), is creamier, sets to a satin almost matte finish, and longevity of wear is far superior. This foundation doesn't look cakey, heavy, or oxidize on my skin, plus no issues with clogged pores or break out. Definitely a winner and repurchase for me.

on 1/2/2013 3:21:00 PM

I have been trying to get my hands on this after watching so many makeup tutorials rave about it.

Here is what I dont like:
-Very scented
-formlua is not moisturizing enough
-chalky on my skin and makes me look older- thats enough of a reason for me not to want to use it.

Search continues....

on 12/29/2012 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Good coverage and the palest is a great colour, being quite pale myself. It smells great and makes your skin feel super soft.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!! Another foundation I bought due to youtube reviews.

Having medium coverage, I love to wear this in winter. It gives my skin a healthy glow and looks so natural. The colour 52 is Perfect for my completion. I also bought the power in the Healthy Mix Range. What a gorgeous combination!! Recommend this foundation to ladies in my age group 36-43!!

on 12/7/2012 4:23:00 PM

I picked up a bottle of this when i was visiting family in England over summer. it was my first foundation purchase, and since them I have gotten so many people addicted to it as well. People ask all the time what I use, and living here in CA it is not super easy to get. I had to spend quite some time looking around online for a store that would ship to the US. i ended up ordering from echemist.co.uk. Shipping took forever but oh well. My mom and I basically stockpiled this stuff because it is that amazing. It definitely has a yellow color base, so if you have golden undertones in your skin then yay for you, check this out! However, if you are oily, this is probably not something you'd want to try. My skin is normal but a little on the dry side and after a few hours, this makes my face pretty slick. I just blot with Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets and that pretty much fixes thr problem. The foundation is creamy and looks absolutely gorgeous on. it completely evens out your skin tone and adds a natural glow, not shimmery, but like you just got a really good facial.
I think this foundation is pretty full coverage but it doesn't seem to suffocate the skin, or look caked on. It seems to do a really good job of mimicing the natural appearance of skin. It feels like you have something on your face though if you build it up too much, and some people may not mind that feeling but I can't stand it. It blends easily and does not look cakey, just make sure to set it somehow.
As much as I love this foundation, I am on the lookout for something else that's not so oil-producing so that I can have a summer foundation.
The pump dispenser is great, it is sleek and not messy at all. There is a slight fruity scent (it smells similar to PF Happy Booster Blush) but I really don't mind that. I actually kind of like it and the smell fades after a while but it certainly beats smelling like 'makeup' you know the powdery makeup smell I'm talking about? Ick, I don't want someone to lean in close and then think "cake face". So people who would (probably) probably like this foundation :
-Looking for something affordable
-looking for a creamy liquid foundation in a pump dispenser
-someone with yellow undertones
-someone who doesn't have issues with oil production

And you might want to steer clear if: you have oily skin, and undertones that aren't yellow.

on 12/1/2012 4:39:00 PM

This foundation is suitable for light coloured skin with yellow undertones. It provides a demi matte finish (it is less glowy than the serum). It has good lasting power and provides a light to medium coverage. My main complaint is that is flaked away from any dry patches on my face, such as around my nose. I have combonation skin but this foundation didn't provide coverage on any dried out spots on my forehead, it seemed to flake off them making them more noticeable. I much prefer the serum version of this foundation, although that may be down to skin type.

Video Reviews & Tutorials