September 16, 2014 | 1262 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in colour 51. It applies smoothly onto my skin and smells great! Fruity scent that isnt overwhelming or sickening which is great. I was using revlon colorstay previously but it smelt and felt like paint on my skin. This foundation has a better finish as it is semi-matte and not completely matt. As such, it looks more natural and feels more natural. The oil control for this isnt as good though, I start blotting in about 3 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mrroww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Foundation is a tricky subject to review depending on what's your facial cleansing routine, how you got about applying the foundation, and what works best with your skin type. Healthy Mix was a nice fit after my morning skin routine (cleansing milk, toner, and moisturizer). My only recommendation is to quickly blend the product once it meets your skin, otherwise you'll be battling with your foundation brush to spread the product evenly. A damp sponge had the best results for me. For a medium coverage foundation, it left my skin glowing, even and awake. Unfortunately like most foundations in the lightest shade, it was a shade too yellow for my Irish/English genes. In terms of packaging, Healthy Mix was well equipped with a working pump, a lacklustre appearance for the price, but nothing to complain about. Overall, I liked it. Can't see it being my HG foundation, I'm still on the hunt for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by smiley001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really love this foundation it gives a good coverage and and dose not feel heavy on my skin.
My T zone is a problem area for me especially my forehead and i love that this foundation, when used with the bourjois healthy mix concealer, hides my imperfections well, without looking cakey.
I will definitely be buying it again once it runs out.
At the moment I am applying it with a sponge but have ordered the elf powder brush which I've heard apply's liquid foundation well! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by dotty101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using shade number 54 about 3 months ago and I'm very satisfied with this foundation. It gives a medium coverage, blends well and as far as I read the reviews, all skin colors find a match.
it's also very light, I don't feel as I have a mask on as I often do wearing foundations. the price is OK.
I think it's perfect for normal skin that doesn't break out and only has a few imperfections. for a skin with more problems, you'll need a foundation with more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very keen to try this after rave reviews and after testing it for 3 months here's my verdict:

Pros:
Good neutral shades for paler skin (I use 51)
Blends easily for natural, light-to-medium coverage. Can be layered
Gives you a healthy, natural glow
Does not clog pores or cause irritation
Pump packaging is practical and hygienic
Does not cake or go patchy with time

Cons:
Does not last well on me - I have normal to combination skin and am lucky to get 6 hours out of it
Can be hard to build over areas that need more coverage

I do like this foundation and it's a great choice for those looking for a natural finish on a medium budget, but the poor wear means I probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmmm, I don't love it, I don't hate it; it's just so-so in my opinion.

Plus points: I am really impressed with how well Shade 51 blends in with my skin tone (I have always struggled to find a good match with drug-store foundation; they've always been too dark/orangey.) The foundation gives really good coverage and has good staying-power. I find I don't need to use much at all, so it'll last a long time.

However, the frustrating thing for me is the fact that I can't seem to get my skin looking smooth and even with this. I find it hard to blend in because the texture's pretty thick and so I end up with patches where it looks rather cakey.

Basically, my skin doesn't look any better wearing it, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by rosiekathryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As someone with a very light complexion I would highly recommend this foundation. I find it very difficult to find a shade that is very light, but doesn't have red tones in it and number 51 is perfect as it is very light, but has more yellow tones in it. My skin isn't covered in spots, but I do get the occasional breakout and I find this foundation covers them without looking like it's been caked on. Overall it has a nice finish and a good light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A great foundation. I am very pale and 51 is a decent match, if a little yellow toned but not too bad. The foundation gives light coverage but can be built up to be medium coverage. If you have blemishes like me you will need concealer. The finish is glowy, so if you have very oily skin this might not be suitable. I like the glow, and as I have oily/combination skin I only powder where I get oily. The texture is virtually undetectable on the skin, it's amazing, people don't realise I'm wearing it. It smells nice, has an easy dispensable pump and the price isn't bad at all for the quality. On me is doesn't quite last 16 hours like it promises, but it does last well, around 9 hours I guess. This also doesn't break out my sensitive acne prone skin. The only con is that I can't get a perfect colour match.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupisawesome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just bought this foundation yesterday, iv had my eye on it for a while now.
i used it today for the first time and im in love!
its the light weight everyday foundation iv been looking for, also it has ingredients that will help your skin.
the coverage is deffo buildable but obviously a concealer is always handy no matter what foundation you use.
im wearing right now as i write this post lol.
its a great foundation for the first time wearing it. deffo a back up in my make up collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by stls

I've been using studio fix fluid for 4+ years (check my review if interested) but after reading the glowing reviews here and watching the videos of Lisa Eldridge I thought I should give this a try.

Pros:
1. Natural shades. NW15 is a bit dark for me, 51 is light enough, a tiny bit warmer than I'd like but still the color looks ''believable''.
2. Looks like real skin. Light to medium coverage and natural finish.
3. Doesn't break me out.
4. Packaging is light and convenient.
5. Easy to apply evenly, won't look cakey.
6. Feels lightweight.
7. Smells nice.
8. Price is fair.

Cons:
1. Not particularly long lasting. Tends to fade rather quickly (remember, I'm used to sff)
2. Unless you begin with pretty good skin, your face won't look flawless with this.
3. Doesn't control oil well.
4. Accentuates any dryness.
5. No SPF.

The first day I used it I asked a friend of mine how does my new foundation look. Her reaction was ''Are you wearing foundation? Really?''
So far I like it, it's a nice change from my medium/full coverage foundation, good enough for daily use even though I'm not satisfied with the staying power.
IMO the best way to apply it is with a flat brush (works better than stippling or finger application for me)
Finger application needs one pump for the entire face, brush application one and a half.
I'll continue to use it and I'll also keep my sff for nights out, special occasions and bad skin days!

Edit: Six months later I love it even more and have repurchased. Lately, I mix it with gel-texture sunscreen before application and it goes on even smoother. Now that my face is relatively clear I don't even see the point of wearing a heavy coverage foundation. This one looks so natural and feels like nothing... Love!

Edit 2: Almost a year later I got my third bottle. Now I think it has the best color match I ever had and when I got familiar with this amount of coverage I have to tell it's a favorite. Still it won't give you the perfect skin but the soft natural finish and perfect color are worth the compromise!