Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 9/13/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wish this came in more shades because I love this foundation. It has medium to full coverage, smells great, and has some good-for-skin ingredients. It lasted all day on my super oily T-zone with no primer! I am about NC20-25 and used number 52. It was just way too pink for my golden olive skin. I love the price too. Rumor has it Chanel owns Bourjois so this foundation could be similar to one of theirs. I'm just so upset it didn't match me.

Also, if you're breaking out from this or any foundation, please make sure to thoroughly remove your foundation at night with a makeup remover cloth or cleansing oil. Sometimes it's not the foundation that is breaking you out.

If you're in the US like me, you can still get this from Asos.com. It has free shipping and returns!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love the feel and look of this foundation. It looks like skin, does not cake up, and it last on the skin for ages! (Have not tried having it on for 16 hours, as it claims it does). I don't really like it when foundations have a scent, but the scent of this is divine! It has a very fresh/fruity scent to it that is not too strong and you can only notice it when you apply the foundation. This foundation is also very light weight and feels so smooth on the skin. It does have a light to medium coverage though, so if you do have acne, you might want to use a concealer. Witch I don't mind, because I hate full coverage foundations. A foundation is supposed to even out your skin tone, not conceal your whole face.

The packaging is simple but girly, and not in a cheesy way. And as most people love, it has a pump, witch means that it very hygienic and it will not build up bacteria.

My favorite way of applying this foundation for a night time look is with the real techniques buffing brush or with the elf powder brush. For a more natural/everyday look i love to use makeup mekkas stippling brush.
My favorite liquid foundation!

on 9/9/2012 9:15:00 AM

Coverage is light to medium buildable covers the redness well but tends to get shiny after a few hours and starts looking rather greasy, However, they have beautiful color range for paler skins, doesnt oxidise, feels extremely light but I think it fades away so the coverage doesnt stay as long. it transfers a lot with every random touch. Its easy blendable with dewy finish but nothing good for oilier skins. The only thing that interested me was the idea of foundation being healthy, really. But its not the best for that price, rather average foundation. Although the smell is very nice, like a fresh fruit.

on 9/6/2012 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bourjois, why do you do this to me?! For about a week I adored this foundation. It smelled amazing, the coverage was brilliant on my red marks, Shade no 51 was a match for my fair skin, loved the dewy finish, it was relatively cheap compared to other foundations and it lasted all day at University on my oily skin. However, I started to notice I was breaking out in whiteheads and small red bumps that weren't spots (every morning I had at least a few new small red bumps) I didn't want to believe it was my lovely new foundation, but since I've stopped using it, the reaction has gone away. So sad, because in every other respect, this foundation is perfect!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS STUFF!!!
I hate makeup which makes me look like i have a ton on my face. Very natural and gives me even skin tone and pretty complexion..
The concealer that is from the same collection is even better but this foundation is amazing , buildable coverage as well..
Everybody should have this in their collection cause this is worth every penny!

No wonder why this stuff is so good. Chanel makes Bourjois. It's like buying Chanel makeup for a fraction of the cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation, it is the one I use every day.
It gives me the perfect amount of coverage, and lasts all day.
It also helps with my dry skin and does not look cakey on me.
Can't get enough of it. ♥

on 9/3/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like this foundation. It is pretty good for the price. Granted it is not the cheapest foundation but compared to my usual MAC purchases, it is a much better buy. My MAC foundations are roughly £22 and this was £10.

The coverage is good for what I like and it blends in well. However, it is a little bit too oily/dewy for my liking. It isn't overly bad or a massive problem but when I first put it on I feel it takes a while to sink in and dry to a finish that looks okay. I don't like putting this on and leaving the house too soon as I don't feel like my make up is finished somehow.

I am a MAC NW20 and I got 52 Vanilla. It is a great match for my skin tone and I like the coverage. It stays on for a long time. The only con is the dewiness when it is first applied but the product is decent so I don't mind. I just use this on days where I have a bit more time or I'm not going straight out.

Overall a great foundation. Coverage is medium, but it feels quite light on the skin making it a good choice for everyday wear. It has a noticeable scent, however it is not the usual perfume-y foundation smell but a nice refreshing lemony smell. The finish is relatively natural--it is neither matte nor dewy, somewhere in between.

My only complaint is the staying power. While it is not horrible, it also is not the most long-lasting foundation I've encountered. On my combination skin it generally lasts 4-5 hours before I need to reapply/touch-up.

on 9/1/2012 1:24:00 PM

Suitable for humid and terribly hot weather and oily/combination skin. Blends well and smells good.
Not a fan of the pump though.

Video Reviews & Tutorials