Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 1/3/2013 1:52:00 AM

I finally finished my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation and was on the fence of repurchasing it or trying another foundation from this line. I made the decision to try the Healthy Mix Foundation and am thrilled and in love with it. I got the same shade in 51 and a fabulous match to my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15. Compared to the Healthy Mix Serum Gel, Healthy Mix provides more coverage (approx medium), is creamier, sets to a satin almost matte finish, and longevity of wear is far superior. This foundation doesn't look cakey, heavy, or oxidize on my skin, plus no issues with clogged pores or break out. Definitely a winner and repurchase for me.

on 1/2/2013 3:21:00 PM

I have been trying to get my hands on this after watching so many makeup tutorials rave about it.

Here is what I dont like:
-Very scented
-formlua is not moisturizing enough
-chalky on my skin and makes me look older- thats enough of a reason for me not to want to use it.

Search continues....

on 12/29/2012 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Good coverage and the palest is a great colour, being quite pale myself. It smells great and makes your skin feel super soft.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!! Another foundation I bought due to youtube reviews.

Having medium coverage, I love to wear this in winter. It gives my skin a healthy glow and looks so natural. The colour 52 is Perfect for my completion. I also bought the power in the Healthy Mix Range. What a gorgeous combination!! Recommend this foundation to ladies in my age group 36-43!!

on 12/7/2012 4:23:00 PM

I picked up a bottle of this when i was visiting family in England over summer. it was my first foundation purchase, and since them I have gotten so many people addicted to it as well. People ask all the time what I use, and living here in CA it is not super easy to get. I had to spend quite some time looking around online for a store that would ship to the US. i ended up ordering from echemist.co.uk. Shipping took forever but oh well. My mom and I basically stockpiled this stuff because it is that amazing. It definitely has a yellow color base, so if you have golden undertones in your skin then yay for you, check this out! However, if you are oily, this is probably not something you'd want to try. My skin is normal but a little on the dry side and after a few hours, this makes my face pretty slick. I just blot with Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets and that pretty much fixes thr problem. The foundation is creamy and looks absolutely gorgeous on. it completely evens out your skin tone and adds a natural glow, not shimmery, but like you just got a really good facial.
I think this foundation is pretty full coverage but it doesn't seem to suffocate the skin, or look caked on. It seems to do a really good job of mimicing the natural appearance of skin. It feels like you have something on your face though if you build it up too much, and some people may not mind that feeling but I can't stand it. It blends easily and does not look cakey, just make sure to set it somehow.
As much as I love this foundation, I am on the lookout for something else that's not so oil-producing so that I can have a summer foundation.
The pump dispenser is great, it is sleek and not messy at all. There is a slight fruity scent (it smells similar to PF Happy Booster Blush) but I really don't mind that. I actually kind of like it and the smell fades after a while but it certainly beats smelling like 'makeup' you know the powdery makeup smell I'm talking about? Ick, I don't want someone to lean in close and then think "cake face". So people who would (probably) probably like this foundation :
-Looking for something affordable
-looking for a creamy liquid foundation in a pump dispenser
-someone with yellow undertones
-someone who doesn't have issues with oil production

And you might want to steer clear if: you have oily skin, and undertones that aren't yellow.

on 12/1/2012 4:39:00 PM

This foundation is suitable for light coloured skin with yellow undertones. It provides a demi matte finish (it is less glowy than the serum). It has good lasting power and provides a light to medium coverage. My main complaint is that is flaked away from any dry patches on my face, such as around my nose. I have combonation skin but this foundation didn't provide coverage on any dried out spots on my forehead, it seemed to flake off them making them more noticeable. I much prefer the serum version of this foundation, although that may be down to skin type.

on 11/30/2012 2:31:00 PM

I wanted to get my hands on this foundation for such a long time and itīs difficult for me to get it.
Iīve been using the Healthy mix serum for a few months,so I can compare the 2 Foundations.
The colour is very good for people with yellow or neutral olive undertones as I could detect no pink undertones in the shades.
Iīm a MAC NC 20/BB sand and I use the shade vanilla 52, which matches my pale skin with a yellow undertone very good.
The texture is light but buildable with a semi matte finish. It has medium coverage, so I can even out my skin tone with it. The finish is very put together and perfect for daytime/office. Makes your skin look natural and good with not too much obvious shine.
As I have combo to dry skin, I think, itīs suitable for my skin type. My t-zone is not oilier than usual and my cheeks donīt get dry. I donīt think it works for oily skin or very dry skin.
Compared to the Healthy mis serum foundation, I like the serum better. It gives me a more glowing look, whereas the normal foundation can make me look chalky or washed out. But thatīs just my skin and Iīm prone to looking pale and washed out anyway.
It also works much better for my skin as I found out the hard way that this foundation makes me break out like nothing before! I never ever broke out from a foundation, but since I use this, I get red bumps and little white cystic pimples around my mouth and chin area.
And thatīs exactly where I put the foundation on, because I only use the foundation to even out my skin tone or on areas with discoloration.
I stopped using the foundation and hope, that my skin will get back to normal again, because every day I used the foundation gave me more bumps and pimples.
I didnīt want to recognize, that it was the foundation that gave me this horrible break out, because I liked it as an alternative to the serum foundation.
If your skin tolerates this foundation, it is a good foundation with matching shades for people with yellow undertones.
The reason, I gave the foundation 4 lippies is the good performance, but only on people, who donīt break out from this.
Roughly estimated from all I read, there are about 20 percent of people, who break out from this and the other 80 percent can use it without breakouts or other skin issues.
Just be aware of this fact.

on 11/26/2012 7:32:00 AM

This is a wonderful foundation that sits beautiful on my somewhat oily/ combination skin. It feels very luxurious in texture and is actually similar to Chanel Lift Lumiere in many ways (Chanel owns Borjouis)
Unfortunately this broke me out very bad, so I had to give it up :/

on 11/23/2012 8:31:00 PM

I initially was going to buy Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, but I watched one of the youtube video reviews between the Serum Foundation and the regular one, and it seemed like the healthy mix foundation provides more coverage, therefore I decided to get this one instead. It was a little hard to find a place to buy it online. But I finally found it on echemist.co.uk.

I have normal/combination skin, I love how this foundation smells so wonderful. It is very easy to blend and it doesn't dry out my skin. I was using Makeup Forever's Mat Velvet Foundation, and it was horrible, when I switched to Bourjois, I feel so much happier that it is such a great foundation, it stays on for a fairly long time, and I use foundation powder as well. I totally would buy it again. I just wish it is available in store.

on 11/23/2012 6:49:00 AM

My skin is normal/combination, and this is the worst foundation I have ever tried. I wore it for few hours and it broke me out so bad, so really disappointed with the product and had to give it away. If your skin is prone to break outs then I would say stay away from this foundation.

Video Reviews & Tutorials