April 20, 2014 | 1688 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by nsamplay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as high street (drugstore) foundations go, this is really good! It gives a nice light/medium coverage and looks very natural. It leaves my oily/combination skin looking matte upon application.
Love the packaging, as it has a pump, and one pump of the foundations covers the face nicely!
For reference I am a NC 43.5 in Studio Fix Fluid and bought shade 58 in this, which is a little dark for me and I plan on getting shade 57 instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great for lips but didn't like it for skin. Bought this as a friend uses it as a foundation for lips and it works really well. Helps lipstick last for ages and did not dry lips out at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging is great, comes with a pump and doesn't waste product because every time you use the foundation, there is this plate inside the bottle which pushes up the foundation so that it doesn't waste the product (looks genius and clean) . For me it last majority of the day or all day with powder. The price is okay. My skin has its dry days, the foundation does seem to make it more obvious even with alot of moisturizer. It doesnt have spf. It claims to have apricot for radiance, melon for hydration, apple for anti oxidant and ginger for energy. It has a good coverage, build able and nice finish. I would repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by allthingsbeautyrelated

I have to say that I had high expectations for this product after it had been raved about by some of my favourite beauty guru's and bloggers, but in my own opinion this product is a good drug store product. It provides a medium to heavy coverage and applied correctly can give you a dewy healthy complexion, although I find often with this product that it can look pastey and can give the appearance of a dry powder finish. I personally like the smell of this product but it's one of those love it or hate it smells. I would not re-purchase this product as I find it unrealiable.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

after using so many high brand foundations, i stumbled across this one on here from other reviewrs and thought i'll try it.I must say it is defently a good drugstore foundation.It has a lovely non-cakey texture, good price, colours where good but not many.I got the beige clair and it was too dark, i love how sheer it is but as i have a few sun spots i need something abit more covereage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by natucha21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

you can cover acne and discoloration but when you have dry skin you cant do much about that unless your face is moisturized and even then foundations tend to show that dreaded dry flaky patch of skin.I tried this because people kept mentioning how hydrating it was.I really like this foundation its pretty darn good for $13 it can compete to high end department store foundations.It gives your skin a glow without using glitter its like a nice sheen that really does make you look healthy.And it mixes so well into your skin.Im a NW15-Nw20 and use shade 51 color 52 is a TAD bit darker than my skin maybe if i had a tan it would work but am still able to mix it and i wont be an oompa loompa.i can put this on with my fingers IN THE DARK and it would not look uneven or blotChy.As for the staying power,i havent wore it for 16hrs but it does last longer than 8hrs without any touchups.It DOES rub off a bit. its not like Revlon foundation.If i touch my face my hands will be a shiny from the "glow" it has and just the slightest bit of color but its not like the MAC foundations where you touch your face and you can clearly see the rubbed off color on your fingers.If you were to use a tissue on your nose it wouldnt rub off completely but you could still see SOME color which is why i didnt give it 5 stars.Oddly enough,i have accidentally slept in my makeup and woke up to find the makeup didn't rub off.And lastly for the smell factor,i like it.Its not strong its kind of i dont even know border line fruity floral.point is that it doesnt linger.european foundations are the best

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by zalime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing all the good things about this foundation, i finally got my hands on it couldnt wait to try it on. It comes with a pump, which i like for all my cosmetics and it feels more hygienic, and the fruity (peachy?) smell is actually quite nice, not overwhelming at all. However, i found the foundation is not that moisturizing as it showed batches of my dry skin. Also, colour range is kinda poor, if you ask me. I am in-between shades, 53 & 54 and i opted for the darker one cuz i often get tanned in the summer, anyways. I did ask the lady at the counter about the number indication in terms of colouring, she said 1, 3, 5 are for cool toned and 2,4, 6 are for warm-toned. Whoopies, i am a NC25 so 53 might actually suit me better. I really want to love it but i am not entirely sure about this :/ Should have tried at the counter before buying, tho.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Mangafan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually wear high-end foundations (mostly MAC mineralize which I LOVE and Chanel) but recently I have been searching for something lighter and more natural for everyday use.
Most of the time I just hate drugstores foundation but seeing the rave about Bourjois Healthy mix here and the very low price (in France at least: 11 euros), I decided to try it.
My impressions:
- Packaging: It's a thin and long glass bottle with a pump. I like that it's not to big and easy to store but the pump isn't very practical, it's difficult to deliver the amount of product you want (but it stays a detail).

- Consistency/ odor: Surprisingly, I don't find the fruity scent to be natural at all, contrary to other MUA reviewers, but don't worry it doesn't linger on the skin. The foundation is very liquid.

- Shades: the palest (51) wasn't stored, so I chose 52 Vanilla which looked really too dark on my hand first, but then it's like it disappeared into my skin and it was the exact shade of my skin! But on my face, I must admit it's really yellow for my NW15 skin, but still look natural. I will try to mix some with my beloved Herborian's BB cream to lighten it.

- Application: I used it with my fingers without primer underneath to really see how it works on my skin. It's really easy to apply but I find fingers application to be not so effective! I'll try with sponge, brush and also primer before applying to see the difference and will update my review when I'll do it.
Otherwise it's a very lightweigh foundation, the most natural I've ever tried. It's a semi-matte finish, very dewy, which I love. But the coverage is really low and it's quite difficult to build up as it tends to cake if you put more than one layer, maybe 2, so concealer is a must here, especially if you're acne-prone like me. The foundation will also look better after half an hour, as it dries.

For the moment I didn't experienced any breakouts but will inform you if I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by cem

I have to say I never thought I would like a liquid foundation this much! Shade 52 is a tad darker than my own skin tone, but blends in perfectly, giving me that little extra color (which I gladly welcome!).

In the past, I have used Studio Fix Fluid by MAC, but I stopped using it because the foundation was visible in my pores and felt too heavy. That's when I converted to The Body Shop All In One Face Base, which I adore.

Unfortunately I tend to need a little more coverage from time to time, and that's precisely when this lighweight (!) foundation steps in. I love the radiance it adds to my skin, I really couldn't be happier! Perfect when you like a little extra coverage whilst feeling like wearing nothing at all. Nice pump packaging too by the way!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sagittarian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this foundation, but it wasn't what I was looking for.
The good: Nice scent (can be too strong for some), gel-like and smooth texture, can be blended with fingers, not too expensive, pretty good colour match (I'm NC 20-25 and 52 matched my skin)
The bad: It seems to dry out my skin and accentuates dry spots!