July 29, 2014 | 1949 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmmm, I don't love it, I don't hate it; it's just so-so in my opinion.

Plus points: I am really impressed with how well Shade 51 blends in with my skin tone (I have always struggled to find a good match with drug-store foundation; they've always been too dark/orangey.) The foundation gives really good coverage and has good staying-power. I find I don't need to use much at all, so it'll last a long time.

However, the frustrating thing for me is the fact that I can't seem to get my skin looking smooth and even with this. I find it hard to blend in because the texture's pretty thick and so I end up with patches where it looks rather cakey.

Basically, my skin doesn't look any better wearing it, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by rosiekathryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As someone with a very light complexion I would highly recommend this foundation. I find it very difficult to find a shade that is very light, but doesn't have red tones in it and number 51 is perfect as it is very light, but has more yellow tones in it. My skin isn't covered in spots, but I do get the occasional breakout and I find this foundation covers them without looking like it's been caked on. Overall it has a nice finish and a good light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A great foundation. I am very pale and 51 is a decent match, if a little yellow toned but not too bad. The foundation gives light coverage but can be built up to be medium coverage. If you have blemishes like me you will need concealer. The finish is glowy, so if you have very oily skin this might not be suitable. I like the glow, and as I have oily/combination skin I only powder where I get oily. The texture is virtually undetectable on the skin, it's amazing, people don't realise I'm wearing it. It smells nice, has an easy dispensable pump and the price isn't bad at all for the quality. On me is doesn't quite last 16 hours like it promises, but it does last well, around 9 hours I guess. This also doesn't break out my sensitive acne prone skin. The only con is that I can't get a perfect colour match.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupisawesome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just bought this foundation yesterday, iv had my eye on it for a while now.
i used it today for the first time and im in love!
its the light weight everyday foundation iv been looking for, also it has ingredients that will help your skin.
the coverage is deffo buildable but obviously a concealer is always handy no matter what foundation you use.
im wearing right now as i write this post lol.
its a great foundation for the first time wearing it. deffo a back up in my make up collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by stls

I've been using studio fix fluid for 4+ years (check my review if interested) but after reading the glowing reviews here and watching the videos of Lisa Eldridge I thought I should give this a try.

Pros:
1. Natural shades. NW15 is a bit dark for me, 51 is light enough, a tiny bit warmer than I'd like but still the color looks ''believable''.
2. Looks like real skin. Light to medium coverage and natural finish.
3. Doesn't break me out.
4. Packaging is light and convenient.
5. Easy to apply evenly, won't look cakey.
6. Feels lightweight.
7. Smells nice.
8. Price is fair.

Cons:
1. Not particularly long lasting. Tends to fade rather quickly (remember, I'm used to sff)
2. Unless you begin with pretty good skin, your face won't look flawless with this.
3. Doesn't control oil well.
4. Accentuates any dryness.
5. No SPF.

The first day I used it I asked a friend of mine how does my new foundation look. Her reaction was ''Are you wearing foundation? Really?''
So far I like it, it's a nice change from my medium/full coverage foundation, good enough for daily use even though I'm not satisfied with the staying power.
IMO the best way to apply it is with a flat brush (works better than stippling or finger application for me)
Finger application needs one pump for the entire face, brush application one and a half.
I'll continue to use it and I'll also keep my sff for nights out, special occasions and bad skin days!

Edit: Six months later I love it even more and have repurchased. Lately, I mix it with gel-texture sunscreen before application and it goes on even smoother. Now that my face is relatively clear I don't even see the point of wearing a heavy coverage foundation. This one looks so natural and feels like nothing... Love!

Edit 2: Almost a year later I got my third bottle. Now I think it has the best color match I ever had and when I got familiar with this amount of coverage I have to tell it's a favorite. Still it won't give you the perfect skin but the soft natural finish and perfect color are worth the compromise!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by saffronbaby

If you havnt tried this foundation then i seriously recomend that you do. It's about a tenner but defonatley worth every penny. I am a makeup artist and have tried every brand of foundation (including dior, mac,chanel etc..) and this is better than all of them! Abselutley perfect for fair skin, blends like a dream and stays matte for ages! Since I have been using it I have had comments from loads of people saying how amazing my skin looks.. i believe this is down to this amazing little bottle of foundation! probably not suitable for photoshoots because its medium to light coverage but perfect for day use and nights out too. You may need a dab of concealer for major spots but covers little ones a treat!
It is also suitable for different ages.. my mum uses it (52 years old) and my grandmother too (83 years old!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by DarinaArt

HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!
I have shade 52, vanilla, and am normally an nw20. The finish is so natural and beautiful. Perfect for everyday, but flawless enough for going out/special occasions
I love it so much, I am not even through my first bottle but I already have a backup and will be sure to order more, just in case it (for some horrible reason!) is discontinued. I would cry if it ever were.
The smell is great too. Doesn't break me out. Heaven, just heaven in a bottle. I am ready for my closeup with this on. Totally recommend .

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by marika93

My holy grail foundation! I have gone through at least 4 bottles of this!
It has a gorgeous finish mid way between matte and satin. It blends like a dream with sponges and brushes. The coverage is also good, I would say it is medium but most definately buildable without looking cakey. Also the colour selection is very true to real skin tones. I have shade 53 and it's perfect if you are a medium light skin tone. It is quite pricey for high street foundation, but it is TOTALLY worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because i saw it on lisa eldridge's you tube video and it looks really nice, so when it was on sale i thought i would give it a go. I normally use by terry's expert light foundation and its the perfect thing for me apart from the price, so i am always on the look out for a cheaper foundation that i can use as an alternative on better skin days to make my by terry just to last that little longer.

i paid AUD $26 for this foundation, for a drugstore foundation thats a fair price here in australia. Not exactly cheap, but compare to $115 aud for by terry here in australia, if it works its a great alternative.

i matched myself with 52, just because 53 is too yellow and 51 way to light, 52 seems to do the job when i tested it in store, despite i hate store lights, i couldn't be bother to go outside the shopping centre then go back in to buy it.

tested it about 20 mins ago. first impression-

1. it smells pleasant, i would prefer no smell but its not disgusting so i am okay with it
2. it seems to blend in well using my beauty blender
3. colour match is very good
4. it feels heavier than by terry but not uncomfortable
5. coverage is med when i used two pumps
6. dries to a matte finish (i have combo skin)

but
7. it just highlights dry patches!!!!

i normally have good skin, some days are perfect and using by terry just make my skin looks flawless. but most of the time, its good, i don't have fine lines, occasionally i get blemishes but nothing major that i would panic about.

i would consider today as good skin day, not great but good. by terry would have worked great today for me.

i see dry patches on my cheeks with healthy mix. Its not super obvious but i can see them. It does not sink into my pores, but i don't recall having any foundation that does to me. The patches are small, but its there. I am not impressed with that.

The thing i like about this is the pump, the colour and the finish if it weren't for the dry patches.

My thinking is that if it doesn't break me out, then i will use this on another day that my skin is in its top condition and see how that goes. But overall, i am giving this a pass mark so far, i know there is a healthy mix serum version and apparently it is great for dry skin, maybe i should have got that instead. But since i just got this i am not going to buy another one just to try the serum version out.

so heaps of moisturiser if you are going to put this on otherwise its dry city.

ETA: i am adding a lippy on because after a few uses i found this foundation is really nice once i allow my skin to 'warm up' against it, as i have combo skin it does help with the 'dryness' i don't see dry patches anymore. And i did also buy the serum version but i think that gets a little too dewy for my liking.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read great reviews about this foundation and was hoping to switch to a cheaper foundation but unfortunately this gave me a terrible reaction within about 5 minutes of wearing it. I was left with red, inflamed skin - definitely wouldn't recommend for sensitive skin types.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No