October 21, 2014 | 1811 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best powder make up I have ever used. I've tried them all. Was always a big fan of the MAC Studio Fix, but found that sometimes it looked a little dry or cakey.This covers everything and in a minute flat. The infomercials are so true. It really is a one minute miracle. Be it acne, scars, redness, rosacea, wrinkles, whatever you have, this will cover. It's cheap, doesn't smell, doesn't break me out, and best of all it lasts ALL DAY. I will continue to purchase this again and again. I'm an N5 in MAC and I wear the "light" shade.

EDIT: So I've never had a cystic break out. My initial review was right after I tried this. After about 8 days of using this, my skin was a disaster. I stopped using this and my skin cleared up. Yes, it does have some awesome coverage, but having awesome coverage that makes you require more coverage is kind of redundant. I threw the powder out. Keep the brush though. It was worth the price of the kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by polupuakenikeni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is probably the BEST mineral makeup out there! i have soooo much to rave about!

the coverage is so awesome, i don't need concealer. also, this doesn't make my skin break out (it doesn't have talc, which irritates the skin). it's very easy to apply as well (with the flat-topped brush that it accompanies with in the starter kit). the packaging is great too! it's pressed powder, so i can take it with me everywhere without worrying that the powder might get all over the place. also, you can have the option of applying this with a sponge, but i personally find the brush better (and faster). oh, the coverage it lasts long too! it doesn't smudge, smear, or transfer to clothes as bad as liquid foundation (take that, mac studio fix!).

yeah, my review sounds like an infomercial. but it's really the best mineral makeup i've ever tried. if trying this out the first time, i suggest you get the starter kit. it's not as expensive as bare minerals either. the starter kit is about $35 at ulta (compared to bare minerals starter kit at $60 and plus, you don't need all of that stuff it comes with anyway). i am kicking myself on the butt for not purchasing this earlier! pur minerals does its job, period.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by beachgirl82

this foundation is so amazing!! i have a really hard time finding something that matches my skin tone and the tan color maches perfectly... I just cant believe that a pressed powder will give me such a flawless look... i actually use a kabuki brush for this ( i know!!), but it swirls it on perfectly and after that, i spray pur minerals hydration mineral spray on the brush and stipple it on my face and voila... perfect face

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

This is a great medium to heavy coverage foundation for acne-prone skin! I purchased a Pur Minerals starter kit before Christmas time for a steal~about $10. This included the full-sized foundation, Chisel Brush, Mascara, and some makeup removing wipes. Not bad, eh? Well, I never got around to even opening the box until earlier this week. Yes, I know. Let me begin by saying that I am a devout mineral foundation user. I look for a foundation that gives me medium coverage in a natural finish. My skin is combination/acne-prone and occasionally dry in all the stubborn places~around the nose, mouth, and sometimes cheek area. I had been using L'Oreal Bare Naturale foundation daily, and to a pleasant reception. I just like to keep my options open in regards to foundation choices.

Now, back to Pur Minerals foundation. I'm glad I opted for the 'Light' kit which definitley was the right choice for me. I've gotten to the point where I can just look at a foundation and see if it is gonna work for me. The 'Light' shade has the yellow/beige undertones which is what I need, rather than the rosy/pink undertones. After a few trial and error test runs with Pur Minerals Pressed Foundation, I have found a perfect way to achieve a natural and ideal finish on my delicate skin. First, I wash with my daily cleanser, apply my toner, and proceed to moisturize with my daily spf lotion. After 5 minutes or so, I use a couple spritzes of MAC Fix+, to give my skin an extra boost of moisture. This step also helps allow the mineral foundation a smooth, hydrated canvas to begin. Yes, the chisel brush is great! I swirl the chisel brush into the foundation, tap off the excess into the lid, and apply in short circular motions on my skin. Boy, this covers acne, redness, and uneven skintones in an instant! Sure, a touch of concealer is needed afterwards sometimes on those stubborn zits that defy all logic and sanity. After applying the foundation all-over, I spritz my MAC Fix+ a couple of times. This sets everything together, and helps give that 'dewy' finish. I haven't had any irritation or breakouts. You know how sometimes mineral foundations tend to make skin itch? Not this! I am completely excited about the possibilities with this foundation. I know it's only been a few days, but I feel an extra boost of confidence regarding my skin. I am happy as a clam.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by heimudan

This is my first try at mineral foundation and I love it. I bought it at Ulta after having my hair styled. I purchased the starter set with the bronzer and blush. I was concerned that using the foundation without my usual lotion of spf 30 would leave my combination skin dry but after two trys I became used to the feel. I love the look and have had more compliments on the color, skintone and overall look of my face since using this product. I switched from my liquid 50 dollar foundation. The brush provided is a little hard and I did have to learn to use a little lighter touch or else I ended up with too much on my face. If I use the bronzer over the foundation I look a little too tan for my taste. I have a little bit of a olive/golden skin color naturally. I will say for those who are looking to conceal serious blemish marks this might not work. I use a small brush and dab some powder over the one or two dots I have an this works. When I have some undereye circles I may use a sponge or a light green cream concealer and then put the pur foundation over it. I also use the bronzer alone over my spf 30 sometimes. The blush is a little light except for days when I want that really just flushed look and I will put it on my lips with clear gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lurelnley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does anyone have a suggestion of what/how to use a seperate concealer with this product? a flawless airbrushed look is great, but I need some super spot coverage. do you use the mac cream concealer underneath? will the brush brush it away after if you do it beforehand?
I'm using Retin-A to help clear away some of my scars, as well as a lotion to help the flakes stay soft enough to easily come off.... anyone else using retin-a with this? What order do you do each step in?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by megan101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been a mac full coverage addict for about 4 years until I found this website and read the reviews of everyone experiencing breakouts with MAC foundations. I have acne so I figured I should try something else that isn't going to make the issue worse and hopefully would help clear my skin a bit. I purchased this from Shoppers Drug mart in the starter kit (Love the blush, bronzer is too dark for me) and I must say I got much better results than I was expecting! Anyone who has tried the full coverage foundation from mac knows that it is heavy and could cover anything (which is what I wanted) and while this doesn't have the coverage of that..I can get it really close using a separate concealer. It has a buildable coverage but I don't feel it could be used as a concealer for anyone who experiences breakouts. I love it and it is now my foundation of choice, it's so much healthier for the skin, it wears well and feels so much lighter..I'm thrilled! As for the brush I got with it..I was not as pleased with it until I read the review about washing it and the bristles stopped coming out. If you still do not like the brush after this then I would suggest another brush similar as you need the short, rather coarse bristles to get full potential and the best coverage from the product. (If you use a brush with longer bristles the product will settle in them and go to waste)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by juicyyyyxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looove this product! it gives me a flawless look. but doesn't conceal that well, I don't really like the brush its really hard & kinda hurts when i put it on my face. but the shade is perfect!<3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by valrusk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite pressed powder. I also find it gives an air brushed look, reduces shine, and is long lasting. I got it in a set with blush, bronzer and a brush for a good price too. (I am happy with all the products)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder I wouldn't call it my favourite foundation, but it's definitely up there, and probably my top powder formulation. I have quite dry skin, and this works well for it without turning my forehead into a flake factory, highlighting dryness like most other powders seem to.

It doesn't have the best coverage, but it covers well enough to camouflage most of my redness, and looks really natural when buffed into the skin. I like to use a big flat top brush meant for bronzing. I find the provided sponge quite useless, giving a far too cakey powdered look.

It doesn't quite live up to it's claims to be 4-in-1, since I find I need to use a concealer with it for blemishes and my under-eye area, but 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

The colour selection is okay, too. I was lucky enough to find an almost perfect match in Light.

EDIT: Been using this as as a powder to set liquid foundation lately and I'm loving it. It provides a little additional coverage and seems to keep oil at bay and not highlight my dry areas. I'm impressed. continued >>