July 30, 2014 | 1206 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2002 2:42:00 PM More reviews by nessac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this stuff. i removed acrylics from my hands, and within 1 week, my natural nails were looking great again. they are growing so quickly and strong. although it is a little expensive, it is definately worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2002 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ginagate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty vain about my hands, so I've tried a LOT of nail strengtheners, etc., and this is my holy grail of basecoats. My nails are brittle and prone to peeling -- this really reduced that. (but I also use SolarOil to moisturize, too)
Goes on smooth (i.e. non-streaky/lines, etc.)and can be worn alone, if you wish, and holds color well (esp. if you use OPI polish with it).
Revivanail is still okay, but I prefer OPI.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2002 6:18:00 PM More reviews by leighmelton

I had originally resisted trying Nail Envy because Nailtiques and Nail Magic had performed dismally for my weak, peeling nails. One evening at the grocery store I noticed that my nails looked like they belonged on a medieval farm hand - REALLY bad. Peeling off in flakes, ragged, yuck! I was so ashamed that I hid my hands in my pockets in the checkout line so no one would see them.

I had read many raves for Nail Envy so decided it was worth the try. Though a bottle of this stuff is not cheap (around US$15) it is competitively priced with Nailtiques and Nail Magic. I'm glad I did! After one week I had the peeling under control, though the corners of my nails were still a bit problematic. I've been using it for three weeks now and though sometimes I do get a chip at the corner of the nail, it seems to be old-growth nail (before I began using the product) as the chips only go so far down the nail.

I use the shiny formula and have been so pleased with my clear, unbroken nails that I have been using either transparent polishes or no polish at all.

If you want longer nails and have used other products which did not work for you (perhaps due to body chemistry, is what I wonder) then I would recommend Nail Envy before you resort to acrylics or just keeping short nails. One bottle lasts a long time (I've only used a tiny fraction of a bottle in 3 weeks) and since it works, it's a great value for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2002 8:06:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this product probably more than anything I have ever used on my face, skin, body OR nails. I have tried EVERY SINGLE nail strengthening product on the market (Sally Hansen, Herome, Cutex, Manicare, Revivanail, Christian Dior, Orly, and on and on) and not ONE has ever worked for me. Until this magical product came into my life I had hideous, chipped, soft nails that peeled and broke. I hunted Nail Envy down on the Internet (it's virtually impossible to get in Australia) and ended up paying a small fortune for a bottle, but I honestly do not care. I now have nails I actually have to FILE DOWN because they grow so well! LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2002 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Redd

STAPLE! This product is...increadible. It hardens and strengthens nails like no other product I have ever tried. When I get tired of wearing polish, this is what's on my nails. It keeps them from breaking and pealing as the usually would. Highly reccomended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2002 6:53:00 PM More reviews by jalin

This is the most expensive nail polish I think I've ever seen! lol. But it does work great. I just soaked off a set of acrylic overlays {I had acrylics for over 2 years - not the same set of course lol} and my nails were not in the best shape. The NE really helped seal them up and even the surface out. I got my Nail Envy as part of a minis package at Trade Secret, but I saw what the price tag on a regular bottle is. Once my mini runs out I will probably buy a full size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2002 4:50:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle and I will wear this until the day I die! I cannot remember the last time I broke a nail since I started using this in December! And as a bonus for extra strong nails, use as a base and top coat! I hate the $15 price tag but it IS worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2002 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Gradle

I absolutely love Nail Envy and have been using it faithfully for about 4 years. I used to have a problem with peeling nails, and Nail Envy has really helped with that. Now my nails grow out and are strong and hard. I find that one bottle can last almost a year, and it doesn't get thick and goopy. It did take a while to see the results, but I won't ever be without this stuff again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2002 7:03:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I have an odd skin disorder which also affects my nails -- they are extremely weak and thin, so I use Nail Envy to keep them from constantly breaking off -- and it DOES help with that. I have not tried to use it for the purpose of growing longer nails, so my review is not based on that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2002 3:00:00 PM More reviews by missm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has worked better for me than Nailtiques and Innoxa for peeling and strengthening. It hasn't dried out my nail and helps my manicures last as I use it as a base coat. Other times I use it as a clear polish and apply a fresh coat every other day.