October 25, 2014 | 1481 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by art-mama

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is good, but it's not devastating. I have ridges and lots of imperfections in my short nails due to my skin conditions. This stuff grew my nails, but not at a spectacular rate -- I can't really say this works any better than Witchcraft, my usual brand. I think I'd only buy it again if it were on special.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 7:02:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I am probably in the minority but I did not like this product. My nails normally grow pretty fast anyways so maybe it benefits people with thin weak nails better. I experienced a lot of peeling of my nails when I used this and as soon as I stopped using it it seemed like my nails actually became weaker and would break off.

I don't feel like putting layers and layers of this stuff repeatedly over nails is very good for them. I wouldn't bother with Nail Envy again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2003 5:16:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesnt chip and doesn't make my nails crack, and it stays quite long without chipping. strengthens greatly. i use this as clear nail polish w/ 3 coats or base w/ 2. great product, but a tad pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2002 1:31:00 AM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ooh. I bought this stuff after reading rave reviews on MUA, and I'm delighted with my purchase. It leaves a gorgeous, deep-gloss shine (particularly after two or three coats) and makes my nails airplane, hotel room, and klutz-proof (I'm constantly crashing my nails into everything in sight). Also, I love OPI's bottles -- they always seem to work just right, the cap screws on satisfyingly tightly and is solid in the hands when you're applying, and the amount of product you get seems huge. It's pricey ($10 a pop), but I have claws again for the first time in years. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2002 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Kelley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! After wearing acrylic nails for years, I didn't think there was any hope for my poor nails. I use Matte Nail Envy as a base coat, then polish, then orignal Nail Envy every day for 7 days, then I remove and start over. My nails are actually as hard as the acrylics were. I'll definately purchase this again! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2002 4:44:00 PM More reviews by MeditativeRose

I got similar results to what I was able to get from Nailtiques, Nailtek, and Orly. The one thing I like about Nail Envy that I think is a little better than the other three is that it doesn't peel off like the others. With Orly and Nailtiques, in particular, once you've got a few layers on, it tends to peel away quickly, which is a problem for those of us who are easily distracted into picking, peeling, biting or whatever by anything that's rough or imperfect. Nail Envy didn't seem to peel as much with a few layers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2002 2:42:00 PM More reviews by nessac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this stuff. i removed acrylics from my hands, and within 1 week, my natural nails were looking great again. they are growing so quickly and strong. although it is a little expensive, it is definately worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2002 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ginagate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty vain about my hands, so I've tried a LOT of nail strengtheners, etc., and this is my holy grail of basecoats. My nails are brittle and prone to peeling -- this really reduced that. (but I also use SolarOil to moisturize, too)
Goes on smooth (i.e. non-streaky/lines, etc.)and can be worn alone, if you wish, and holds color well (esp. if you use OPI polish with it).
Revivanail is still okay, but I prefer OPI.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2002 6:18:00 PM More reviews by leighmelton

I had originally resisted trying Nail Envy because Nailtiques and Nail Magic had performed dismally for my weak, peeling nails. One evening at the grocery store I noticed that my nails looked like they belonged on a medieval farm hand - REALLY bad. Peeling off in flakes, ragged, yuck! I was so ashamed that I hid my hands in my pockets in the checkout line so no one would see them.

I had read many raves for Nail Envy so decided it was worth the try. Though a bottle of this stuff is not cheap (around US$15) it is competitively priced with Nailtiques and Nail Magic. I'm glad I did! After one week I had the peeling under control, though the corners of my nails were still a bit problematic. I've been using it for three weeks now and though sometimes I do get a chip at the corner of the nail, it seems to be old-growth nail (before I began using the product) as the chips only go so far down the nail.

I use the shiny formula and have been so pleased with my clear, unbroken nails that I have been using either transparent polishes or no polish at all.

If you want longer nails and have used other products which did not work for you (perhaps due to body chemistry, is what I wonder) then I would recommend Nail Envy before you resort to acrylics or just keeping short nails. One bottle lasts a long time (I've only used a tiny fraction of a bottle in 3 weeks) and since it works, it's a great value for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2002 8:06:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this product probably more than anything I have ever used on my face, skin, body OR nails. I have tried EVERY SINGLE nail strengthening product on the market (Sally Hansen, Herome, Cutex, Manicare, Revivanail, Christian Dior, Orly, and on and on) and not ONE has ever worked for me. Until this magical product came into my life I had hideous, chipped, soft nails that peeled and broke. I hunted Nail Envy down on the Internet (it's virtually impossible to get in Australia) and ended up paying a small fortune for a bottle, but I honestly do not care. I now have nails I actually have to FILE DOWN because they grow so well! LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!!