February 1, 2015 | 2088 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2003 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Rayvenn

This is a good product, it definitely helps nails but my experience with this product is not all that great. My nails grow fast, but they are also thin and tend to break frequently. Using this consitantly, I do notice less breaks, but it makes my nails so flexible that instead of completely breaking, they tear or peel. I much rather use Essie's Protein Base Coat, which helps strengthen my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2003 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Sharon_sls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually don't do much with my nails (and it shows 8-) but I decided to give Nail Envy a try. It goes on nice & clear, leaves a good shine and a smooth finish, and lasts very well. It really seems to be helping my nails, and the breaks & chips are much less frequent. Definately will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

(I have this in both the Matte and 'Regular' type, both have the same results and the only difference is matte/shiny)

Loving it!

I use it (2 coats though sometimes 1 which is how I use any basecoat) underneath my nailcolor.

Now I'm pretty durn sure that this stuff works. See, I'm one of those people that I can grow my nails long only YE long, once i'm past that 'point' they will break - guarenteed. I'm constantly having to keep them 'that' length or under.

Let me just say as I am typing this it's been PAST that length for 2 weeks now and still going strong. (um, no pun intended)

My activity hasn't changed (I slam my hands around on my keyboard, piano, constantly use my nails for stuff i 'shouldnt'- peeling things off, prying things open etc, we're talking I murder these poor lil claws.) and my nutirional/vitamin intake hasn't changed... the ONLY (and I mean ONLY!) thing that can account for this is... OPI's Nail Envy.

Someone send up the Bat-Signal, we have officially found a product that lives up to it's claims!! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by art-mama

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is good, but it's not devastating. I have ridges and lots of imperfections in my short nails due to my skin conditions. This stuff grew my nails, but not at a spectacular rate -- I can't really say this works any better than Witchcraft, my usual brand. I think I'd only buy it again if it were on special.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 7:02:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I am probably in the minority but I did not like this product. My nails normally grow pretty fast anyways so maybe it benefits people with thin weak nails better. I experienced a lot of peeling of my nails when I used this and as soon as I stopped using it it seemed like my nails actually became weaker and would break off.

I don't feel like putting layers and layers of this stuff repeatedly over nails is very good for them. I wouldn't bother with Nail Envy again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2003 5:16:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesnt chip and doesn't make my nails crack, and it stays quite long without chipping. strengthens greatly. i use this as clear nail polish w/ 3 coats or base w/ 2. great product, but a tad pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2002 1:31:00 AM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ooh. I bought this stuff after reading rave reviews on MUA, and I'm delighted with my purchase. It leaves a gorgeous, deep-gloss shine (particularly after two or three coats) and makes my nails airplane, hotel room, and klutz-proof (I'm constantly crashing my nails into everything in sight). Also, I love OPI's bottles -- they always seem to work just right, the cap screws on satisfyingly tightly and is solid in the hands when you're applying, and the amount of product you get seems huge. It's pricey ($10 a pop), but I have claws again for the first time in years. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2002 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Kelley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! After wearing acrylic nails for years, I didn't think there was any hope for my poor nails. I use Matte Nail Envy as a base coat, then polish, then orignal Nail Envy every day for 7 days, then I remove and start over. My nails are actually as hard as the acrylics were. I'll definately purchase this again! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2002 4:44:00 PM More reviews by MeditativeRose

I got similar results to what I was able to get from Nailtiques, Nailtek, and Orly. The one thing I like about Nail Envy that I think is a little better than the other three is that it doesn't peel off like the others. With Orly and Nailtiques, in particular, once you've got a few layers on, it tends to peel away quickly, which is a problem for those of us who are easily distracted into picking, peeling, biting or whatever by anything that's rough or imperfect. Nail Envy didn't seem to peel as much with a few layers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2002 2:42:00 PM More reviews by nessac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this stuff. i removed acrylics from my hands, and within 1 week, my natural nails were looking great again. they are growing so quickly and strong. although it is a little expensive, it is definately worth it!