October 26, 2014 | 1335 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC42 in MAC products, LSF 8 in Armani, and MUFE HD 153. Honestly, I needed to make the switch to something more affordable, or something I could rotate into my regimen on days when I don't feel like being fancy ;)

I bought this in Honey beige and it's a pretty great match for my summer skin, although it might actually have some tone in it that's a little different from all my other foundations. I guess it has some pink? It doesn't look bad because this is overall a warm and good color match, and the ginish is pretty great. It doesn't highlight dry portions of my face, gives good coverage (medium to full) and it's easy to apply. Not amazing finish, but it is after all a longwear foundation...so I can't expect the dewy look I get from my LSF. Anyway, overall this is a great product. Easier to work with than Revlon Colorstay IMO, and I think I've found a better match in this than I did in the Revlon. Only gripe is the heavy bottle with no dispenser. It's annoying to turn it upside down to get product out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Over all a good foundation but I broke out, it had okay staying power (5-7hrs), and was pink on me (I have light olive skin). Might work for others hence the 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by geraldinem54

I think I have this in true beige, and though the color had an undertone I didnt like, i decided to keep it. I just have to mix it with a drop of my moisturizer and it's the perfect color for me! It offers the best coverage I've ever gotten from any powder, mineral, or liquid foundation I've ever used.

I gave it four lippies because of that undertone, and because it does transfer sometimes. Like if i blow my nose, a bit of it comes off but it doesnt look like there's any difference even though it came off. Or if i hug someone, it does rub off on their shirt! so that's what i really dont like.

However, I do live in an area where it's really hot during the summer seaon, and it still can live through an entire day. At least 5 hours! I've never had that with any other foundation. And i like that this doesnt make my pores look bigger! I think it might actually have the opposite effect.

I am a combination normal/oily skin person, but I dont get that shiny/oily face experience as the others here have mentioned they had after a couple of hours of having this on.I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product a few days ago at rite aid (40% off) and my face was an oil slick in about 4 hrs. And it is not even hot out! Revlon makes almost the same foundation and I like thiers better. The packaging isnt the greatest either it has a huge hole at the top and some could spill out. But staying power on my Very Oily skin? no way!Mary Kay is so far the best on my face I purchase it on e-bay!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sns717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this and so far I really like it. Before this I was using Revlon colorstay foundation which I liked, but it felt cakey and I would notice discoloration after only a few hours of wearing it. But this foundation blends very well, feels super light, and I found my exact shade which can be hard to do with my skin tone. I wear Sand Beige. I stays put pretty all day with few touch-ups. I hope it doesn't break me out, but so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by hiphopdance5

I really wanted to like this product :( like some others i was hoping i would find a replacement for Revlon Colorstay for those days when my skin just hates me. My biggest thing is getting natural coverage with oil control which this did neither. It looked all streaky and ridiculous when I put it on. I couldnt even put on a setting powder because my face was so oily. I waited for the makeup to set and dry but it never did! I did NOT like this stuff. If you already have flawless skin this could be good for areas of uneven skin tone if you use it moderately but other than that I would avoid this is you are someone looking for decent coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by pshhdeex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

well this review isnt for me, its for my friend who has this. she has normal skin and this product looked good on her but when it was time to take it off, she had to do so much more than just use makeup remover. when it says it stays on, it REALLY stays on. i was with her and it took her hours to take it off and even after she put toner on her face there was some of the foundation left on it. i guess i would recomend it if you are ging cllubbing all night or to a water/amusement park , but not for everyday wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this to compare to Revlon ColorStay Comb/oily W/Softplex. 1. Initial texture and blendability- this one is better. Revlon goes on the skin slightly thick and sticky, and dries faster, so you have to pat and blend one section at a time. 2. Coverage- Both seemed to be medium too full coverage, but Revlon was more buildable for me. (BTW, for Revlon, I found that if you top it Revlon ColorStay Mineral Powder Foundation, you will have even more coverage and staying power! Feels super light.) 3. Staying power- Revlon beat this one by just a bit, and did not rub off on clothes as much as this one. Both held up in the rain. Both did not sweat off. 4. Feel- This one made my face feel and look like an oil slick throughout the day. Revlon did not, and actually felt like I was wearing no makeup. 5. Oxidation- This one did a little, but Revlon did not. 6. Color Match- Fairly close match with this one, but a little pink for my yellow undertones. Revlon was a closer match. 7. Breakouts- Neither one made me breakout. 8. Packaging- Both would be better with a pump. 9. Price- This one is more affordable. 10. Repurchase- Not this one. Revlon has sold me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT #2 - I returned this after coming the conclusion that my skin doesn't like the second ingredient in this product. I'm pretty sure it causes breakouts for me and since I don't know how much my skin can't handle, I'm erring on the side of caution and am discontinuing use.

EDIT: I've been mixing this with Neutrogena SS to make a tinted moisturizer with pretty decent coverage. Wearing it on it's own will ikely only work for the summer because even the lightest shade is dark on me. I wish d/s companies would learn that there are very pale people out there who are also yellow-toned.

I realized that when I applied it, I applied it with a mixing medium, not water and the result was disgusting. That's my own fault for applying makeup before having a cup of coffee and while being distracted by small children. Now that I applied it mixed with the SS, I like the finish a lot. It isn't oily or sticky at all. It looks like normal skin. The coverage is decent even when mixed with another product. I have minimal shine breakthrough on my combo skin. The big issue is that it doesn't seem to break me out or aggravate my sensitive skin. That's always a deal breaker for me and this seemed to pass the test...so far.

This will work for me in the summer when I'm darker, but I'm not so sure that I can pull it off in the winter when I'm a shade lighter, especially if I don't mix it with SS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makeup survived a downpour today. I got caught for about 15 minutes while riding my bike. I couldn't believe it when I looked in my car mirror. My face was wet, but my makeup was still perfect!

I'm a MAC NC 37. My Superstay color is True Beige. It's an excellent match and quite yellow based with a tiny bit of pink. Today I'd set it with LM's Translucent Finishing Powder, but I often use MAC Prep & Prime. This needs a colorless powder to keep the oilies at bay and stay truly transfer free.

(FWIW, I was also wearing Rimmel Sexy Curves Waterproof mascara coated with Clarins Double-Fix Clear Waterproof Mascara, and Nars Loukoum Creme Blush These too survived the deluge intact.)

I've had no problems getting Superstay off with Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Remover.

The only cons: the long skinny glass bottle makes it tough get the product out neatly. It REALLY needs a pump.

Maybelline should offer a wider color range in both the foundation and the concealer. The matching concealer for this (deep beige) was WAY too light.

Nevertheless, Maybelline has a HIT.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No