Maybelline Super Stay Makeup

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin ( /- May Contain: CI77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI77499, CI77492, CI77491/Iron Oxides)

on 9/7/2009 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Prior to purchasing this, I had been using True Match ... and I think I'm gonna stick with this. It's super blendable and has a natural finish, looks good in natural light too. I don't even need a concealer anymore! I didn't really like the selection of colors ... I had to tan a little bit more to get a perfect match, but it's worth it I suppose. I have to blot with a pressed powder every couple hours for oil control, which isn't a biggy for me, I'm used to that. I look at the packaging and thought at first it was a great deal for the amount ... but then I noticed how thick the glass was ... kind of a bummer. But overall, really great foundation. Withstands a decent amount of heat/humidity and sweating, especially when I work out. Will definitely purchase again.

on 9/7/2009 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! My only "boo-hoo" point is that it has a natural finish and that does not jive with my combination/oily skin. But, I do a pretty good job of fixing that by touching up with a mattifying compact about every 3 hours, haha!

The best thing is that it makes my skin look super, super, super natural. Whenever I wear it, people compliment me on my skin and ask me what skincare products I use! That is the best compliment when it comes to foundation. It's also super blendable because it's such a fluid formulation. This keeps it from caking up no matter how many layers you apply and I apply a lot (like 4-5 layers) in certain areas because I use it as my concealer as well since it matches my skin pretty perfectly. The color range is not too vast, so some people might have to mix two colors to get the right shade, but it's soooooooooooo worth it. The foundation stays put all day with zero (realistically speaking that means extremely, extremely, extremely little) transfer.

I will definitely buy this again. In fact, I'm going to buy two shades to be able to mix them as I darken/lighten in the summer/winter months. It's only about $12 which is a huge improvement from the $40 foundation I used to use that didn't work quite as well. I love it!

on 9/6/2009 7:26:00 PM

I'll admit I was really enticed by the idea of a 24 hour foundation. I love long wearing formulas so when I heard this was out, I went to the drugstore to pick one up. At first glance I liked it, but after a little while, I just didn't. Their lightest shade was too pink on me, and it felt so uncomfortable on my skin >.< Other drugstore long wearing formulas, like Revlons Color Stay have a better feel to me. I also hated the packaging. It's a pour-out glass bottle. It's a pain to get out, and is basically just an accident waiting to happen. Oh well! Overall the foundation doesn't look bad on. It's mainly the packaging and feel of it that suck in my opinion. Which is reason enough for me to abandon it all together, hehe. Just wasn't a fan.

As others have said, this gives the oilies in a big way. I dusted with silica powder today and it did nothing to stop the shine (and I'm not oily).

On the plus side, it blends easily and is totally buildable to a really good coverage at a very nice price. It does not collect in my pores or separate on the skin. It also doesn't crack or cake in my major between-the-brows perma-crease or in my smile lines. The color stays true throughout the day on me as well. In natural light it looks surprisingly good. No clinging to peach fuzz and a nice smooth texture.

On a coverage scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being no coverage and 10 being so full as to erase your skin and features completely (credit to Wayne Goss), I'd give this a 7.5 to 8.5 depending on the amount of product used and how much building you do,

The oiliness is weird for a long-wear foundation. If they could do something about that, we'd have a major, major winner on our hands. I had been complaining about looking dull and lifeless before I tried this foundation, but maybe I should have been more careful about what I wished for!

Edit: Okay, no. I can't do it. I've tried this several different ways - heavy, light, with primer/powder and without. It turns far too shiny and my pores look huge and orange peely. Not gonna happen, Maybelline!

First of all, I have been searching forever for a foundation that gives me coverage but natural at the same time. This foundation does the job!! The color classic beige matches me perfectly (nc35) and it lasts through the whole day, and it's been effing hot in so cal with the fires! Anyways, this does not give me breakouts thankfully. The key is to not put too mich foundation or it'll look too cKey and will show dry patches. Moisturize and the foundation will last all day, even without powder. Truly, my HG <3

It wasn't the worse I've tried, but I'm certainly returning it. Honestly it didn't cover the redness in my face at all. I NEED a full coverage foundation and this didn't do the trick. It also was very hard to apply and made my face shiny, even with a finishing power. I only bought it because I noticed that it was harder to find maybelline super stay silky and I thought they discontinued it. I don't know if they are or not.

on 9/4/2009 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I have always used Revlon's Colorstay, but everytime I see a new "long-lasting" makeup I just have to try it to see if it will be any better. When I put this on, the color seemed to match my skin perfectly. For about and hour or two when I would look in the mirror I thought this might be my new HG- then I got out of school just a little while later and wham! My face looked oily (as another reviewer said 'like I'd smeared my face with baby oil!) and it suddenly seemed more orange than when I had put it on. Very very oily after only about 3 hours, and my skin is not that oily (just my nose). This is probably the worst foundation I have tried in a long time. So much for 24-hour wear! Guess I'll stick with my Revlon Colorstay HG!

This product worked well for me i had a perfect color match (true beige). I'm normally a mac nc35. It stays on all day and has amazing coverage. I use it to cover redness and use my bare minerals to set it in place. It blends easily into my skin and is oil-free. I' very happy with it so far! I just wish it came with a pump!

on 8/31/2009 10:42:00 PM

I typically wear Revlon Colorstay, but I am sensitive to SPF so when I saw this I had to try it. I bought the classic ivory first, it turned out to be a little to pink on me, so I went back and got a bottle of porcelain ivory, which ended up being a bit to light. Then I just mixed the two together and finally got a match. It was a bit of a hassle but it worked out.
*EDIT*
I still like this makeup for everyday running errands but other than that the coverage just isnt good enough, I had to go back to Revlon CS. Oh well maybe they will fix this formula and the color selection.

on 8/30/2009 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A foundation that'll last for 24 hours! I would be thrilled if I could find one that lasts for 8! Revlon's Colorstay was all I'd used for the longest time on my oily/acne-prone/sensitive skin. I can't explain it, but the last 2 bottles I bought didn't have the same coverage or staying power. I've tried all kinds of foundations, from the retail store to high end brands. I generally end up tossing out the ineffective product and wasting money. When my love affair with Colorstay ended, I settled on Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse because it offered a diverse shade range, great coverage and stayed put for about 4-5 hours. I was so excited about the promises that Super Stay made, that I ran out and bought it without hesitation (or checking ingredients, a major no-no for my skin type!) I accept responsibility for that.

The only positive I found with Super Stay: beautiful shades with full coverage, but its short-lived.

I strolled to my desk that Monday morning feeling confident that my face was in place. Three hours later I looked in the mirror in the ladies room and I was devastated! I looked as if someone had smeared me with baby oil! I tried to do damage control with my powder compact. It just got worse. By 3 pm my face was greasy and splotchy, my sassy was shot! Over the course of 2 days, I tried 2 different mineral finishing powders (that had set foundations I'd used in the past just fine). But, I began to suspect that my powder was breaking down this "all-day" foundation, so I wore it without any powder on the 3rd day; it was no better. Oh, and by Thursday, I had clogged pores and 3 painful, cystic pimples (the likes I hadn't seen in over 9 months). Now I'm back on acne antibiotics :-(
I've read a lot of the reviews posted and some have had good results with Super Stay, but in my case, it didn't live up to any of the claims on the bottle. Girls, this stuff is NOT for the oil afflicted! I'll be returning to the store in the morning to exchange this disappointment for the mousse makeup.