November 22, 2014 | 1641 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by cherrybombVIXEN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product worked well for me i had a perfect color match (true beige). I'm normally a mac nc35. It stays on all day and has amazing coverage. I use it to cover redness and use my bare minerals to set it in place. It blends easily into my skin and is oil-free. I' very happy with it so far! I just wish it came with a pump!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by mam311

I typically wear Revlon Colorstay, but I am sensitive to SPF so when I saw this I had to try it. I bought the classic ivory first, it turned out to be a little to pink on me, so I went back and got a bottle of porcelain ivory, which ended up being a bit to light. Then I just mixed the two together and finally got a match. It was a bit of a hassle but it worked out.
*EDIT*
I still like this makeup for everyday running errands but other than that the coverage just isnt good enough, I had to go back to Revlon CS. Oh well maybe they will fix this formula and the color selection.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by trouperette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A foundation that'll last for 24 hours! I would be thrilled if I could find one that lasts for 8! Revlon's Colorstay was all I'd used for the longest time on my oily/acne-prone/sensitive skin. I can't explain it, but the last 2 bottles I bought didn't have the same coverage or staying power. I've tried all kinds of foundations, from the retail store to high end brands. I generally end up tossing out the ineffective product and wasting money. When my love affair with Colorstay ended, I settled on Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse because it offered a diverse shade range, great coverage and stayed put for about 4-5 hours. I was so excited about the promises that Super Stay made, that I ran out and bought it without hesitation (or checking ingredients, a major no-no for my skin type!) I accept responsibility for that.

The only positive I found with Super Stay: beautiful shades with full coverage, but its short-lived.

I strolled to my desk that Monday morning feeling confident that my face was in place. Three hours later I looked in the mirror in the ladies room and I was devastated! I looked as if someone had smeared me with baby oil! I tried to do damage control with my powder compact. It just got worse. By 3 pm my face was greasy and splotchy, my sassy was shot! Over the course of 2 days, I tried 2 different mineral finishing powders (that had set foundations I'd used in the past just fine). But, I began to suspect that my powder was breaking down this "all-day" foundation, so I wore it without any powder on the 3rd day; it was no better. Oh, and by Thursday, I had clogged pores and 3 painful, cystic pimples (the likes I hadn't seen in over 9 months). Now I'm back on acne antibiotics :-(
I've read a lot of the reviews posted and some have had good results with Super Stay, but in my case, it didn't live up to any of the claims on the bottle. Girls, this stuff is NOT for the oil afflicted! I'll be returning to the store in the morning to exchange this disappointment for the mousse makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC42 in MAC products, LSF 8 in Armani, and MUFE HD 153. Honestly, I needed to make the switch to something more affordable, or something I could rotate into my regimen on days when I don't feel like being fancy ;)

I bought this in Honey beige and it's a pretty great match for my summer skin, although it might actually have some tone in it that's a little different from all my other foundations. I guess it has some pink? It doesn't look bad because this is overall a warm and good color match, and the ginish is pretty great. It doesn't highlight dry portions of my face, gives good coverage (medium to full) and it's easy to apply. Not amazing finish, but it is after all a longwear foundation...so I can't expect the dewy look I get from my LSF. Anyway, overall this is a great product. Easier to work with than Revlon Colorstay IMO, and I think I've found a better match in this than I did in the Revlon. Only gripe is the heavy bottle with no dispenser. It's annoying to turn it upside down to get product out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Over all a good foundation but I broke out, it had okay staying power (5-7hrs), and was pink on me (I have light olive skin). Might work for others hence the 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by geraldinem54

I think I have this in true beige, and though the color had an undertone I didnt like, i decided to keep it. I just have to mix it with a drop of my moisturizer and it's the perfect color for me! It offers the best coverage I've ever gotten from any powder, mineral, or liquid foundation I've ever used.

I gave it four lippies because of that undertone, and because it does transfer sometimes. Like if i blow my nose, a bit of it comes off but it doesnt look like there's any difference even though it came off. Or if i hug someone, it does rub off on their shirt! so that's what i really dont like.

However, I do live in an area where it's really hot during the summer seaon, and it still can live through an entire day. At least 5 hours! I've never had that with any other foundation. And i like that this doesnt make my pores look bigger! I think it might actually have the opposite effect.

I am a combination normal/oily skin person, but I dont get that shiny/oily face experience as the others here have mentioned they had after a couple of hours of having this on.I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product a few days ago at rite aid (40% off) and my face was an oil slick in about 4 hrs. And it is not even hot out! Revlon makes almost the same foundation and I like thiers better. The packaging isnt the greatest either it has a huge hole at the top and some could spill out. But staying power on my Very Oily skin? no way!Mary Kay is so far the best on my face I purchase it on e-bay!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sns717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this and so far I really like it. Before this I was using Revlon colorstay foundation which I liked, but it felt cakey and I would notice discoloration after only a few hours of wearing it. But this foundation blends very well, feels super light, and I found my exact shade which can be hard to do with my skin tone. I wear Sand Beige. I stays put pretty all day with few touch-ups. I hope it doesn't break me out, but so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by hiphopdance5

I really wanted to like this product :( like some others i was hoping i would find a replacement for Revlon Colorstay for those days when my skin just hates me. My biggest thing is getting natural coverage with oil control which this did neither. It looked all streaky and ridiculous when I put it on. I couldnt even put on a setting powder because my face was so oily. I waited for the makeup to set and dry but it never did! I did NOT like this stuff. If you already have flawless skin this could be good for areas of uneven skin tone if you use it moderately but other than that I would avoid this is you are someone looking for decent coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by pshhdeex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

well this review isnt for me, its for my friend who has this. she has normal skin and this product looked good on her but when it was time to take it off, she had to do so much more than just use makeup remover. when it says it stays on, it REALLY stays on. i was with her and it took her hours to take it off and even after she put toner on her face there was some of the foundation left on it. i guess i would recomend it if you are ging cllubbing all night or to a water/amusement park , but not for everyday wear.