August 30, 2014 | 1162 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by hiphopdance5

I really wanted to like this product :( like some others i was hoping i would find a replacement for Revlon Colorstay for those days when my skin just hates me. My biggest thing is getting natural coverage with oil control which this did neither. It looked all streaky and ridiculous when I put it on. I couldnt even put on a setting powder because my face was so oily. I waited for the makeup to set and dry but it never did! I did NOT like this stuff. If you already have flawless skin this could be good for areas of uneven skin tone if you use it moderately but other than that I would avoid this is you are someone looking for decent coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by pshhdeex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

well this review isnt for me, its for my friend who has this. she has normal skin and this product looked good on her but when it was time to take it off, she had to do so much more than just use makeup remover. when it says it stays on, it REALLY stays on. i was with her and it took her hours to take it off and even after she put toner on her face there was some of the foundation left on it. i guess i would recomend it if you are ging cllubbing all night or to a water/amusement park , but not for everyday wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this to compare to Revlon ColorStay Comb/oily W/Softplex. 1. Initial texture and blendability- this one is better. Revlon goes on the skin slightly thick and sticky, and dries faster, so you have to pat and blend one section at a time. 2. Coverage- Both seemed to be medium too full coverage, but Revlon was more buildable for me. (BTW, for Revlon, I found that if you top it Revlon ColorStay Mineral Powder Foundation, you will have even more coverage and staying power! Feels super light.) 3. Staying power- Revlon beat this one by just a bit, and did not rub off on clothes as much as this one. Both held up in the rain. Both did not sweat off. 4. Feel- This one made my face feel and look like an oil slick throughout the day. Revlon did not, and actually felt like I was wearing no makeup. 5. Oxidation- This one did a little, but Revlon did not. 6. Color Match- Fairly close match with this one, but a little pink for my yellow undertones. Revlon was a closer match. 7. Breakouts- Neither one made me breakout. 8. Packaging- Both would be better with a pump. 9. Price- This one is more affordable. 10. Repurchase- Not this one. Revlon has sold me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT #2 - I returned this after coming the conclusion that my skin doesn't like the second ingredient in this product. I'm pretty sure it causes breakouts for me and since I don't know how much my skin can't handle, I'm erring on the side of caution and am discontinuing use.

EDIT: I've been mixing this with Neutrogena SS to make a tinted moisturizer with pretty decent coverage. Wearing it on it's own will ikely only work for the summer because even the lightest shade is dark on me. I wish d/s companies would learn that there are very pale people out there who are also yellow-toned.

I realized that when I applied it, I applied it with a mixing medium, not water and the result was disgusting. That's my own fault for applying makeup before having a cup of coffee and while being distracted by small children. Now that I applied it mixed with the SS, I like the finish a lot. It isn't oily or sticky at all. It looks like normal skin. The coverage is decent even when mixed with another product. I have minimal shine breakthrough on my combo skin. The big issue is that it doesn't seem to break me out or aggravate my sensitive skin. That's always a deal breaker for me and this seemed to pass the test...so far.

This will work for me in the summer when I'm darker, but I'm not so sure that I can pull it off in the winter when I'm a shade lighter, especially if I don't mix it with SS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makeup survived a downpour today. I got caught for about 15 minutes while riding my bike. I couldn't believe it when I looked in my car mirror. My face was wet, but my makeup was still perfect!

I'm a MAC NC 37. My Superstay color is True Beige. It's an excellent match and quite yellow based with a tiny bit of pink. Today I'd set it with LM's Translucent Finishing Powder, but I often use MAC Prep & Prime. This needs a colorless powder to keep the oilies at bay and stay truly transfer free.

(FWIW, I was also wearing Rimmel Sexy Curves Waterproof mascara coated with Clarins Double-Fix Clear Waterproof Mascara, and Nars Loukoum Creme Blush These too survived the deluge intact.)

I've had no problems getting Superstay off with Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Remover.

The only cons: the long skinny glass bottle makes it tough get the product out neatly. It REALLY needs a pump.

Maybelline should offer a wider color range in both the foundation and the concealer. The matching concealer for this (deep beige) was WAY too light.

Nevertheless, Maybelline has a HIT.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by jones3sk

Tried when I could no longer find the silky kind...awful coverage, my face was shiny in a matter of hours and there is no way this will last 24 hours... Never did seem to set, and caused an awful breakout! Garbage..

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by v1vL33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this at CVS since Maybelline has a BOGOF this week. I purchased the color Nude (I'm around a NC25) since this foundation seemed promising. I tested it out the next day and I don't like it.

Good: Coverage is good without having to use a lot of foundation and it lasted all day without much blotting. Yay!

Bad: Color match was off for me (too orange). Didn't help my face in terms of texture...sinked into pores, made my skin texture look rough.

This evened out my skin tone, but made the quality of my skin look like crap. For this reason, I'm returning this and not going to bother finding a better shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For texture and blendability this blows Colorstay out of the water. It's much smothers, and does not dry as fast. However I highly doubt this will last 24hrs, not that anyone would want foundation on for that length of time. Wear wise I think it does better than average foundation, but still can't beat Colorstay. It's really affordable and could easily fit into anyones budget. I think I paid about $8-9 for my bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Karli

I was looking for a product to cover redness/irritation from a retinol. This gave alright coverage but sunk into pores and looked muddy, making my skin look worse. I am not a foundation-phobe but this really made me feel like my skin was covered in a mask. I didn't wait to test its "superstay" abilities - I washed my face within a couple hours and took it back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just put this on an hour ago, but here are my initial thoughts. I'll update after a few days of wear!

8/18- Application was a dream- this stuff blends beautifully and doesn't dry super quick so that you have ample time to apply. My preference for applying liquids is with my fingers, and it worked well here. The color (Classic Ivory) is a little dark/yellow, but the fndtn blended so well that you can't really tell. I set with MAC Blot powder, so hopefully this stays matte! So far, so good.

8/21- I love it! This lasted ALL DAY. Through a 90 degree bike ride and swimming in a pool! As much as I loved HD, it would always enlarge my pores by the end of the day and came off on my phone, sunglasses, etc. Not this! It truly lasts and does not make me the least bit greasy. I only wish they had a color that matched my skintone more, but for the quality of this stuff, I'll suffer. Great product, Maybelline! (Didn't think I'd ever say that!)

8/22- I actually don't really like this, primarily because the color is too orange and dark on my skin. The formula is nice if a little heavy, but I'm returning this after all.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No