April 17, 2014 | 1414 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by jones3sk

Tried when I could no longer find the silky kind...awful coverage, my face was shiny in a matter of hours and there is no way this will last 24 hours... Never did seem to set, and caused an awful breakout! Garbage..

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by v1vL33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this at CVS since Maybelline has a BOGOF this week. I purchased the color Nude (I'm around a NC25) since this foundation seemed promising. I tested it out the next day and I don't like it.

Good: Coverage is good without having to use a lot of foundation and it lasted all day without much blotting. Yay!

Bad: Color match was off for me (too orange). Didn't help my face in terms of texture...sinked into pores, made my skin texture look rough.

This evened out my skin tone, but made the quality of my skin look like crap. For this reason, I'm returning this and not going to bother finding a better shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For texture and blendability this blows Colorstay out of the water. It's much smothers, and does not dry as fast. However I highly doubt this will last 24hrs, not that anyone would want foundation on for that length of time. Wear wise I think it does better than average foundation, but still can't beat Colorstay. It's really affordable and could easily fit into anyones budget. I think I paid about $8-9 for my bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Karli

I was looking for a product to cover redness/irritation from a retinol. This gave alright coverage but sunk into pores and looked muddy, making my skin look worse. I am not a foundation-phobe but this really made me feel like my skin was covered in a mask. I didn't wait to test its "superstay" abilities - I washed my face within a couple hours and took it back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just put this on an hour ago, but here are my initial thoughts. I'll update after a few days of wear!

8/18- Application was a dream- this stuff blends beautifully and doesn't dry super quick so that you have ample time to apply. My preference for applying liquids is with my fingers, and it worked well here. The color (Classic Ivory) is a little dark/yellow, but the fndtn blended so well that you can't really tell. I set with MAC Blot powder, so hopefully this stays matte! So far, so good.

8/21- I love it! This lasted ALL DAY. Through a 90 degree bike ride and swimming in a pool! As much as I loved HD, it would always enlarge my pores by the end of the day and came off on my phone, sunglasses, etc. Not this! It truly lasts and does not make me the least bit greasy. I only wish they had a color that matched my skintone more, but for the quality of this stuff, I'll suffer. Great product, Maybelline! (Didn't think I'd ever say that!)

8/22- I actually don't really like this, primarily because the color is too orange and dark on my skin. The formula is nice if a little heavy, but I'm returning this after all.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by eq2008

I love this foundation more than Revlon colorstay because it's doesn't have the scent that I dread when using colorstay. It's way easier to blend than colorstay and it feels a lot lighter too without stickiness. Although both foundation stays on pretty well for me, I think Maybelline keeps my face cleaner by the end of the day. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good match for my coloring so I have to give this up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Siava

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Although I picked the wrong shade, I do like this product. It's a tad thick feeling, but maybe this is due to being accustomed to loose minerals. The color stays true all day, does not rub off, and blends easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by AWilliams87

I really like this foundation. I used to use the Super Stay Silky, but the color was always too orange and it always felt a little too thick on my skin. This foundation is really easy to blend and has realistic colors. It really does stay put too without feeling like cake batter on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by boqueron

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am the eternal optimist in all things except long-wearing foundation. On my dry skin, it all looks heavy, cakey or I can't find a match for my PPP NC10-15 skin.

For reference, I am quite pale with freckles, I do get a sort of "tan" in the summer where I darken to an NC15, lol. I tried the testers for the foundations, and thought classic ivory was a bit pink for me. I am neutral to warm in undertone. Sand beige was a perfect match, although in the bottle, I feared it would be too dark.

This foundation applies beautifully. It looks great alone, neither too matte nor too dewy, and for me it lasts all day. Most long-wearing foundations look and feel very heavy, but although it has great coverage, it feels no less luxurious than any of my high-end foundations. I was really shocked!

I did not notice any dry cakey areas at all, just perfect wear and coverage all day. I usually use LM tinted moisturizer, but have started loving this so much that I am really reaching for it daily. I have also tried mixing it with GA fluid sheers and Becca SSP for more glow and a different look, and it also looks great this way.

It's really cheap, 1/4 of what I pay for most foundations, and it's my HG. I can't believe it!!!

My only complaint is that I would love a pump as is found on Lancome Teint Idole. I hate having to pour out foundation, but that's a minor complaint.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by jediprincess13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot believe that a Maybelline foundation is being moved up to HG status. This makeup is AMAZING. It goes on light, even though it looks heavy, and makes my face and all my scarring look FLAWLES. My face has never looked so perfect before. Sure, I still get a little shine halfway through the day...I don't think there's a foundation anywhere that can stop that for anyone...but at least I don't look like I stuck my face in Crisco. I think everyone should at least give this makeup a try, it's SO worth it!
UPDATE: It saddens me to write this, because I am so in love with this foundation, but I had to give up and move on to something else. I was using Sand Beige, the lightest color in this line, and it was still about a shade and a half too dark/orange for me. I made the mistake of wearing my hair in a ponytail one day last week and everyone I work with had to point out my obvious foundation line. I wanted to cry. Oh well...maybe one of you lovely MUAers will want this...I'm putting mine up for swap.