Maybelline Super Stay Makeup

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin ( /- May Contain: CI77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI77499, CI77492, CI77491/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok everyone, if someone were to ask me what one makeup product you wouldn't leave the house without wearing, it would definately be foundation. This being said, I am always on the lookout for the PERFECT foundation. This is not it. The coverage is pretty good, a little thick, the color is pretty good.. but the one thing I cannot stand about this foundation: I look like someone dumped oil all over my face about 2 hours after I apply it. All day wear? I don't think so. I haven't really been a fan of Maybelline foundation in the first place (with the exception of Dream Liquid) so this didn't really surprise me that I didn't like it. It's an ok foundation to have as back-up.. but not an HG. My search continues....

on 9/9/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Still searching for my HG, I decided to give this one a whirl. I bought the lightest color because I am so fair. The color match was fine. Not bad. Coverage was eh...okay I guess. Definitely not as much as I need or like, I am a medium to full coverage gal. But still giving the benefit of the doubt...but just two hours later...oil slick. It is so weird that a long lasting foundation like this would be sooooo dewy. Anyway, I figure okay going to try a different powder tomorrow and see what happens. Well, I didn't even get to wear it the next day. The morning after wearing this stuff....I was covered in zits. Nice underground ones too. Ick!! Won't be using this again. I do applaud those who can wear this, because I sure can't.

on 9/9/2009 12:25:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I have been trying different foundations to see which ones I like- True Match didn't stay, Dream Mousse caked up and slid off my face. I tried this one and at first wasn't sure I'd like it-it felt almost plastic-y at first. But that went away when I put it on. It has good coverage even on my reddish places, and it really does stay on! And no caking. I will occasionally touch up, especially my chin as I am on the phone a lot at work and tend to out my chin in my hand. But even then it gets a smidge shiny, but the foundation doesnt' wear off funny like others did. I really like this- and I got buy one get one 50% off at Ulta, so a good deal. The only thing I don't like, as others have mentioned, is the packaging- it it just a pour bottle. But I can live with that since I look in the mirror at work to do a touch up and hardly have to do anything anymore!

on 9/8/2009 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation leaves my face with a flawless finish from 8am to 8pm everyday. It has not broken out my skin which i did kind of expect. It conceals and brightens my skin looking amazing all day everyday. I didnt know what to expect but im very glad I tried this. The staying power is a bit of a hassle at the sink, requires a serious make-up melting cleanser otherwise i would recomend to everyone.

on 9/7/2009 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Prior to purchasing this, I had been using True Match ... and I think I'm gonna stick with this. It's super blendable and has a natural finish, looks good in natural light too. I don't even need a concealer anymore! I didn't really like the selection of colors ... I had to tan a little bit more to get a perfect match, but it's worth it I suppose. I have to blot with a pressed powder every couple hours for oil control, which isn't a biggy for me, I'm used to that. I look at the packaging and thought at first it was a great deal for the amount ... but then I noticed how thick the glass was ... kind of a bummer. But overall, really great foundation. Withstands a decent amount of heat/humidity and sweating, especially when I work out. Will definitely purchase again.

on 9/7/2009 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! My only "boo-hoo" point is that it has a natural finish and that does not jive with my combination/oily skin. But, I do a pretty good job of fixing that by touching up with a mattifying compact about every 3 hours, haha!

The best thing is that it makes my skin look super, super, super natural. Whenever I wear it, people compliment me on my skin and ask me what skincare products I use! That is the best compliment when it comes to foundation. It's also super blendable because it's such a fluid formulation. This keeps it from caking up no matter how many layers you apply and I apply a lot (like 4-5 layers) in certain areas because I use it as my concealer as well since it matches my skin pretty perfectly. The color range is not too vast, so some people might have to mix two colors to get the right shade, but it's soooooooooooo worth it. The foundation stays put all day with zero (realistically speaking that means extremely, extremely, extremely little) transfer.

I will definitely buy this again. In fact, I'm going to buy two shades to be able to mix them as I darken/lighten in the summer/winter months. It's only about $12 which is a huge improvement from the $40 foundation I used to use that didn't work quite as well. I love it!

on 9/6/2009 7:26:00 PM

I'll admit I was really enticed by the idea of a 24 hour foundation. I love long wearing formulas so when I heard this was out, I went to the drugstore to pick one up. At first glance I liked it, but after a little while, I just didn't. Their lightest shade was too pink on me, and it felt so uncomfortable on my skin >.< Other drugstore long wearing formulas, like Revlons Color Stay have a better feel to me. I also hated the packaging. It's a pour-out glass bottle. It's a pain to get out, and is basically just an accident waiting to happen. Oh well! Overall the foundation doesn't look bad on. It's mainly the packaging and feel of it that suck in my opinion. Which is reason enough for me to abandon it all together, hehe. Just wasn't a fan.

As others have said, this gives the oilies in a big way. I dusted with silica powder today and it did nothing to stop the shine (and I'm not oily).

On the plus side, it blends easily and is totally buildable to a really good coverage at a very nice price. It does not collect in my pores or separate on the skin. It also doesn't crack or cake in my major between-the-brows perma-crease or in my smile lines. The color stays true throughout the day on me as well. In natural light it looks surprisingly good. No clinging to peach fuzz and a nice smooth texture.

On a coverage scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being no coverage and 10 being so full as to erase your skin and features completely (credit to Wayne Goss), I'd give this a 7.5 to 8.5 depending on the amount of product used and how much building you do,

The oiliness is weird for a long-wear foundation. If they could do something about that, we'd have a major, major winner on our hands. I had been complaining about looking dull and lifeless before I tried this foundation, but maybe I should have been more careful about what I wished for!

Edit: Okay, no. I can't do it. I've tried this several different ways - heavy, light, with primer/powder and without. It turns far too shiny and my pores look huge and orange peely. Not gonna happen, Maybelline!

First of all, I have been searching forever for a foundation that gives me coverage but natural at the same time. This foundation does the job!! The color classic beige matches me perfectly (nc35) and it lasts through the whole day, and it's been effing hot in so cal with the fires! Anyways, this does not give me breakouts thankfully. The key is to not put too mich foundation or it'll look too cKey and will show dry patches. Moisturize and the foundation will last all day, even without powder. Truly, my HG <3

It wasn't the worse I've tried, but I'm certainly returning it. Honestly it didn't cover the redness in my face at all. I NEED a full coverage foundation and this didn't do the trick. It also was very hard to apply and made my face shiny, even with a finishing power. I only bought it because I noticed that it was harder to find maybelline super stay silky and I thought they discontinued it. I don't know if they are or not.