Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 10/20/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just got this and I already do not like it. I got it in blackest black and it is not even that dark. It is pretty watery and comes off very easily. Im going to try prestige liquid liner because this is just not good.

on 10/19/2009 11:20:00 PM

This eyeliner pen was a waste of $9 I'd spent @ CVS... It was watered down black ink and it claims to be "blackest black". The tip was way too firm and it barely dispensed any color out. If you're planning to buy this DON'T!!! Save your money and buy something else cheaper and much better such as wet n' wild liquid liners.

on 9/30/2009 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the best liquid liner I've ever used (not that I've used a lot but it definitely beats those with the little wand in a separate bottle!) It was really easy to control what I was doing and get a nice, definite line. I've been successful on several attempts, too, so I guess it's not just beginner's luck!

Stays on like a dream and comes right off when you're ready. Will buy in other colors!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Not giving Revlon a "Zero", as maybe I got old stock.However, as a former MUA, I don't expect an eyeliner to perform SO badly when brand new.Yes,you can draw a lovely "cat's eye" with this eyeliner.But (in my case), you will be a spectator to it drying into a series of patio-stone-like segments across your eyelid. Lovely sight (unfixable) made no better by the fact that the color itself was an unattractive & dull matte. Repeated experiment with an even thinner line later-same result. Shall try for a refund & will consider complaining to CS at Revlon,but I have a life!

on 9/21/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great eyeliner! It met my expectations for an eyeliner which is ease of application, control of thickness of line, and goes on easily, ie. - some just dont have enough color and have to constantly re-do. It really is like a pen; anyone could use it.

on 9/19/2009 10:45:00 PM

Pros:
- Very fine tip!
- While it is true the colour is not that dark, I like it because it lets you control how dark you want your makeup to be.

Cons:
- Extremely water-soluble (when I washed my face the first time I tested this, it literally turns into that stereotypical black run down your face)
- Does take some time to dry, though once it dries, there's no problem with smudging with regular usage [you can also easily tell when it's wet and when it's dry]

I got the regular black one, FYI.
I'm happy with the product for now, but it's not the best - will try looking for a better liquid liner.

on 9/18/2009 2:04:00 PM

::First Thoughts::
The first application I tried on my hand, it was a solid line, dark and perfect. When it got to my eyes... horrible. Wouldn't even apply itself properly since my eye had teared up and a tiny bit got on the applicator. Now all that comes out is an extremely weak grey line that doesn't stick. Considering it's supposed to go near the lashline where tears can pop up, this is bad. Screw you, Revlon, and your clever ideas.

::Second (and consequent tries)::
I tried it again and was surprised! It must have been a one-time thing because I've had very few surprises now. While it can flake if you try to go over your lines multiple times, it works much better than other liquid liners that way. It goes on SO nice and the black is gorgeous. While I wish the brush had a slightly smaller point to the tip, it does it's job. I've changed my mind and now like the pen.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

What's not bad about this eyeliner?the pen dries out too quickly,the color payoff is horrible and it takes forever to dry and after a few hours it starts to flake and crack off.

on 9/14/2009 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Thumbs down, nice idea, poor execution. If you are looking for a pen that you have to build over 3-4 levels, go for it but otherwise pass this by.

on 8/27/2009 1:03:00 PM

I go through these reviews before I buy almost any beauty product, but I bought this in an emergency. If I had read the reviews I am sure I would not have bothered. But interestingly enough, I am loving it! Like people have mentioned, it does go on light, but for me this means that I have more control in my application and can kind of build color/line with it. Also because it has such a fine point, I can use it to get a very subtle effect if I want. I gave it a 4 overall because of how light it is, but honestly if it went on any darker I probably would not be able to apply as well I am able to. So I understand everyone who doesn't like it, but it works for me!