Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

I should have read the reviews of this product before buying, otherwise I would could have saved some money for something better.
Nonetheless....
I got this with high hopes. The concept seems brilliant--a pen to draw on your eyes. This would seemingly allow for perfect control of the line thickness. Not so. The color is so washed out that I found I had to go over my line again and again in a futile attempt to make "Blackest Black" look even dark gray. I applied more pressure hoping for a darker line, which worked somewhat, but ruined my thin, even line, so I opted for a thicker line that day. I should have just removed it. When I looked in a mirror hours later, I saw that it had started flaking off into little pieces on my face--I've never had that happen with an eye liner before. Congratulations, Revlon.
This product is a big disappointment to me, especially since I love the Colorstay liquid liner in the pot. Definitely won't be buying this one again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was hoping to love this product, since the ColorStay pencil is awesome and the ColorStay liquid liner (in the pot) is alright though not the best-but that's more due to the tip which is hard for me to control. It wasn't the absolute worst but I'd definitely not repurchase. The packaging seemed like it would be perfect and I expected a dark line, but this came out runny and not dark at all. I realize some people want a softer line, but if I buy a liquid liner labeled "blackest black", I expect it to be dark.

My sharpier marker is better than this. This product doesn't even deserve a 1.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just got this and I already do not like it. I got it in blackest black and it is not even that dark. It is pretty watery and comes off very easily. Im going to try prestige liquid liner because this is just not good.

This eyeliner pen was a waste of $9 I'd spent @ CVS... It was watered down black ink and it claims to be "blackest black". The tip was way too firm and it barely dispensed any color out. If you're planning to buy this DON'T!!! Save your money and buy something else cheaper and much better such as wet n' wild liquid liners.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the best liquid liner I've ever used (not that I've used a lot but it definitely beats those with the little wand in a separate bottle!) It was really easy to control what I was doing and get a nice, definite line. I've been successful on several attempts, too, so I guess it's not just beginner's luck!

Stays on like a dream and comes right off when you're ready. Will buy in other colors!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Not giving Revlon a "Zero", as maybe I got old stock.However, as a former MUA, I don't expect an eyeliner to perform SO badly when brand new.Yes,you can draw a lovely "cat's eye" with this eyeliner.But (in my case), you will be a spectator to it drying into a series of patio-stone-like segments across your eyelid. Lovely sight (unfixable) made no better by the fact that the color itself was an unattractive & dull matte. Repeated experiment with an even thinner line later-same result. Shall try for a refund & will consider complaining to CS at Revlon,but I have a life!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great eyeliner! It met my expectations for an eyeliner which is ease of application, control of thickness of line, and goes on easily, ie. - some just dont have enough color and have to constantly re-do. It really is like a pen; anyone could use it.

Pros:
- Very fine tip!
- While it is true the colour is not that dark, I like it because it lets you control how dark you want your makeup to be.

Cons:
- Extremely water-soluble (when I washed my face the first time I tested this, it literally turns into that stereotypical black run down your face)
- Does take some time to dry, though once it dries, there's no problem with smudging with regular usage [you can also easily tell when it's wet and when it's dry]

I got the regular black one, FYI.
I'm happy with the product for now, but it's not the best - will try looking for a better liquid liner.

::First Thoughts::
The first application I tried on my hand, it was a solid line, dark and perfect. When it got to my eyes... horrible. Wouldn't even apply itself properly since my eye had teared up and a tiny bit got on the applicator. Now all that comes out is an extremely weak grey line that doesn't stick. Considering it's supposed to go near the lashline where tears can pop up, this is bad. Screw you, Revlon, and your clever ideas.

::Second (and consequent tries)::
I tried it again and was surprised! It must have been a one-time thing because I've had very few surprises now. While it can flake if you try to go over your lines multiple times, it works much better than other liquid liners that way. It goes on SO nice and the black is gorgeous. While I wish the brush had a slightly smaller point to the tip, it does it's job. I've changed my mind and now like the pen.