Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 8/27/2009 1:03:00 PM

I go through these reviews before I buy almost any beauty product, but I bought this in an emergency. If I had read the reviews I am sure I would not have bothered. But interestingly enough, I am loving it! Like people have mentioned, it does go on light, but for me this means that I have more control in my application and can kind of build color/line with it. Also because it has such a fine point, I can use it to get a very subtle effect if I want. I gave it a 4 overall because of how light it is, but honestly if it went on any darker I probably would not be able to apply as well I am able to. So I understand everyone who doesn't like it, but it works for me!

on 8/27/2009 12:48:00 PM

Crappy product. The color hardly shows, and it's impossible to apply correctly, since the ink just won't come out.
Very disapointing.

on 8/26/2009 4:02:00 PM

expensive and useless. It is so hard so use because the ink sucks. It does not even last and it doesn't apply the way you want it to. it dries out fast toO!!!

on 8/24/2009 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to like this product so much! I love the Revlon Colorstay line but this product was terrible for me. I got the brown/black shade and found it to be streaky and watery. I had difficulty getting a clean line with the pen no matter what I did. Major disaster.
Edited to add: Even though I do not like the eyeliner, I have discovered that I can use it to fill in my eyebrows! Not a bad color for me and it works ok.

on 8/23/2009 7:45:00 PM

I am a MAC fluidline junkie - especially as other liners (pen/liquid etc) smudge big time on my lids. I was overseas traveling ended up wanting a liner on the quick that didn't require a brush.

So i went to the drugstore and the woman there said to try the colorstay. I was a little hesitant especially because it cost $24 (Australian)!! but I needed something right then so I thought why not.

This stuff is great!! i have good control with the felt tip. I define the line by going twice but it gives a great black colour that lasts all day and also comes off really easily with water. I think due to laziness I may switch to this product (which thankfully is around $8-9CDN!!!)

I will definitely buy this again

Great product - I usually wetline BE eyeshadow/liner, but when I am in a hurry or am not wearing any other makeup - this is the liner I use. Applies so easily, makes a fine line, doesn't clump or smudge. Will buy this again!

on 8/13/2009 10:26:00 PM

I really like this eye pen...
Easy to use, and lasts all day for me..(with primer...and over shadow)
If I use it on a naked lid, it tends to fade, as I have oily lids.
I've also had it smudge if my outer eye waters, then it is a P.I.T.A. to correct....
otherwise..all good.
Makes a great cat-eye.. Will buy again.

on 8/9/2009 11:59:00 AM

My first review will be for this product. Why? It sucks. Hardly anything is coming out of the pen and I have been using it in different ways to see if more of the ink will come out. I won't buy it again and this is going to be returned. What a waste of time and money.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am pleased with this product. I was looking for an eyeliner pen because i have trouble getting liquid eyeliner to work just right for me, and i also thought the pen formulas might dry quicker. I happened upon this one in a BOGO deal. I think it goes on very nicely and does dry quickly. It doesn't give too intense of a look, but i like the fact that it doesn't tug my eyelids and gives me a super fine line of pure black! This is now my everyday go to eyeliner!

on 8/3/2009 2:00:00 AM

I have never use a SOLID eye pen before, maybe I become a little fastidious on this. but it really hurts me.
I cannot draw a perfect eyeline by using it because the solid penpoint is so difficult for me to control.
Also It is hard to remove, once I use Lacome's Mousse Radiance(what a pity it's another rubbish)to remove it, and got a terrible allergic eyelid.
I will never going to repurchase it anymore.