Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 9/21/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great eyeliner! It met my expectations for an eyeliner which is ease of application, control of thickness of line, and goes on easily, ie. - some just dont have enough color and have to constantly re-do. It really is like a pen; anyone could use it.

on 9/19/2009 10:45:00 PM

Pros:
- Very fine tip!
- While it is true the colour is not that dark, I like it because it lets you control how dark you want your makeup to be.

Cons:
- Extremely water-soluble (when I washed my face the first time I tested this, it literally turns into that stereotypical black run down your face)
- Does take some time to dry, though once it dries, there's no problem with smudging with regular usage [you can also easily tell when it's wet and when it's dry]

I got the regular black one, FYI.
I'm happy with the product for now, but it's not the best - will try looking for a better liquid liner.

on 9/18/2009 2:04:00 PM

::First Thoughts::
The first application I tried on my hand, it was a solid line, dark and perfect. When it got to my eyes... horrible. Wouldn't even apply itself properly since my eye had teared up and a tiny bit got on the applicator. Now all that comes out is an extremely weak grey line that doesn't stick. Considering it's supposed to go near the lashline where tears can pop up, this is bad. Screw you, Revlon, and your clever ideas.

::Second (and consequent tries)::
I tried it again and was surprised! It must have been a one-time thing because I've had very few surprises now. While it can flake if you try to go over your lines multiple times, it works much better than other liquid liners that way. It goes on SO nice and the black is gorgeous. While I wish the brush had a slightly smaller point to the tip, it does it's job. I've changed my mind and now like the pen.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

What's not bad about this eyeliner?the pen dries out too quickly,the color payoff is horrible and it takes forever to dry and after a few hours it starts to flake and crack off.

on 9/14/2009 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Thumbs down, nice idea, poor execution. If you are looking for a pen that you have to build over 3-4 levels, go for it but otherwise pass this by.

on 8/27/2009 1:03:00 PM

I go through these reviews before I buy almost any beauty product, but I bought this in an emergency. If I had read the reviews I am sure I would not have bothered. But interestingly enough, I am loving it! Like people have mentioned, it does go on light, but for me this means that I have more control in my application and can kind of build color/line with it. Also because it has such a fine point, I can use it to get a very subtle effect if I want. I gave it a 4 overall because of how light it is, but honestly if it went on any darker I probably would not be able to apply as well I am able to. So I understand everyone who doesn't like it, but it works for me!

on 8/27/2009 12:48:00 PM

Crappy product. The color hardly shows, and it's impossible to apply correctly, since the ink just won't come out.
Very disapointing.

on 8/26/2009 4:02:00 PM

expensive and useless. It is so hard so use because the ink sucks. It does not even last and it doesn't apply the way you want it to. it dries out fast toO!!!

on 8/24/2009 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to like this product so much! I love the Revlon Colorstay line but this product was terrible for me. I got the brown/black shade and found it to be streaky and watery. I had difficulty getting a clean line with the pen no matter what I did. Major disaster.
Edited to add: Even though I do not like the eyeliner, I have discovered that I can use it to fill in my eyebrows! Not a bad color for me and it works ok.

on 8/23/2009 7:45:00 PM

I am a MAC fluidline junkie - especially as other liners (pen/liquid etc) smudge big time on my lids. I was overseas traveling ended up wanting a liner on the quick that didn't require a brush.

So i went to the drugstore and the woman there said to try the colorstay. I was a little hesitant especially because it cost $24 (Australian)!! but I needed something right then so I thought why not.

This stuff is great!! i have good control with the felt tip. I define the line by going twice but it gives a great black colour that lasts all day and also comes off really easily with water. I think due to laziness I may switch to this product (which thankfully is around $8-9CDN!!!)

I will definitely buy this again