November 24, 2014 | 1036 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by tartantrouble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am pleased with this product. I was looking for an eyeliner pen because i have trouble getting liquid eyeliner to work just right for me, and i also thought the pen formulas might dry quicker. I happened upon this one in a BOGO deal. I think it goes on very nicely and does dry quickly. It doesn't give too intense of a look, but i like the fact that it doesn't tug my eyelids and gives me a super fine line of pure black! This is now my everyday go to eyeliner!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by zzhan616

I have never use a SOLID eye pen before, maybe I become a little fastidious on this. but it really hurts me.
I cannot draw a perfect eyeline by using it because the solid penpoint is so difficult for me to control.
Also It is hard to remove, once I use Lacome's Mousse Radiance(what a pity it's another rubbish)to remove it, and got a terrible allergic eyelid.
I will never going to repurchase it anymore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by whoshore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Horrible stuff. Maybe I'm spoiled by using the higher-end products, but come on! If using the Lancome liquid eyeliner pen is like writing with a fine Cross pen, this stuff is like using an unsharpened Crayola crayon. It goes on thick and it doesn't look very dark on the skin. I pity anyone who tries a liner pen for the first time using this product. I purchased this and some really hideous Revlon mascara on sale, and I am truly appalled by this company's products. Avoid it and buy something that really works. I rated the price a "4" because it is expensive when you consider the fact that it is barely usable.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by BlackPinStripes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this hoping it to be as good as the pencil colorstay, but its just average. I really like the felt tip marker packaging, because it was really easy to use. However, the color isn't very intense and it fades a little throughout the day. It doesn't really look too much like liquid eyeliner, more like pencil, actually.

edit: serious panda eyess x.x its horrible dont buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by musiclover369

This is my first time using liquid eyeliner and it wasn't that great. It barely shows and i don't know if i'm using it right or not. The smell isn't awesome, i would never buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love liquid liner in a pen. I figured this one would be as good as any. Unfortunately, it fades after a while. It also irritates my eyes. I found myself having alot of eye mucus (yuk) throughout the day which obstructed my vision. I'll stick with Jane Iredales Liquid liner.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by SandyH0ng

This eyeliner was absolutely horrible. It transfers onto my lid and smudges like there is no tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Extacey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh no, this is a disappointment. This has a water application, the color is streaky looking. The black isn't so intense, but still black. This will definitely smudge, and even fade with primer and shadow on. I wanted to like this, but I couldn't bring myself to.

EDIT: Apparently, this needs time to settle? I revisited this recently, and I find there was much more color payoff than before, with the same precision. For now, I will continue to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Total crap. Was hoping this would be identical in performance to the Revlon Colorstay Liquid eyeliner that comes in the little inkwell package, but unfortunately, it is NOT. I bought this in black, but I am not sure if it comes in other colors. The application was a breeze as far as the pen is easy to manipulate and makes even a beginner feel like an expert! However, the product itself (liquid liner) is too runny and thin to be very effective. It goes on nicely, but it takes forever to dry and disappears in a snap if you- God forbid- curl your lashes after applying. If you have runny eyes or allergies, forget about it!!! This stuff will instantly wash off and make a mess around your eyes! Too bad about this, because if Revlon were able to put the same formula that is in their other Colorstay Liners into this pen... I would bet that this could likely be one of the BEST- if not THE best- liquid eyeliners in the world!!! But, alas, it is not the same, and this inferior product is not even worth recommending. Stick with the Colorstay in the little inkwell... it is a superior liquid eyeliner by far!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a great colour payoff, but it's pretty natural for daytime, goes on quite easily and is consistent in its staying power. The smell rankles me a bit. Would I buy again? Meh, maybe, maybe not.