April 20, 2014 | 1629 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2003 3:20:00 AM More reviews by sherryah9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

okay, i love the consistancy of this polish, goes on so smooth and so even, doesn't streak at all...PERFECT! wears really well, doesn't chip or peel, and is so super shiney! however that said, i am going to swap this specific shade. (mademoiselle) because even with two coats, it still looks like no more than clear polish on me. i will be going after different shades because i do love the quality of this brand. update jan 04: no matter how much i liked these polishes the more i wear them, they do not stay on my nails. the polish itself peels off. no matter what basecoat, what topcoat or using no basecoat or no topcoat. i must have reviewed these too fast, cause i earlier said they didn't chip or peel and i don't know what i was thinking. i know so many people love these, they do have great unique shades and do go on really smooth and even, but i won't buy another just cause i end up having to repaint my nails every day, or every other at the very least.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2003 3:50:00 PM More reviews by TheGypsyChicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the few nail polishes I use. In the bottle it looks like a cotton candy pink but when first applied it goes on very sheer, second coat looks like a healthy skintone type pink, third coat looks like a pretty french manicure color, I'd buy again unless I find a cheaper drugstore alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2003 2:06:00 PM More reviews by NightJaguar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful, classic color. By itself, its sheer, femminine.. With Mashmallow, it becomes a timeless french manicure. The only combo I'll ever wear.
The color itself is a sheer, skintone pink. Goes on milky and creamy, dries fast and won't chip for at least a week on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2003 2:54:00 PM More reviews by missjujube

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this color! It's the perfect sheer pink - I use one layer between base and top coats because I like as few coats as possible. Just a hint of color to make my nails look healthy but without calling attention to the fact I am wearing nail polish (plus I'm such a klutz that any thicker would show noticeable chips and dents, icky). I have time for manicures about 2x a month (if even), so I like my fingers to go with my wardrobe and go from the office to my nightlife (I do pick fun colors on the toes since I can choose when I reveal them), and Essie Mademoiselle accomplishes this beautifully for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2003 11:01:00 PM More reviews by diva2themax

I love this color. A VERY sheer pink that makes my nails look healthy and shiny. I use three layers to get the pink tint this polish gives.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jabarras

Okay- my manicurist got annoyed with Essie Mademoiselle because of the inconsistency in the color. THis was after I switched from Delicacy because it changed to having a shimmer in it.....Now, Parisian Pink is the way to go....one coat Ballet SLipper and one coat Parisian Pink works well on fair blondes like me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Imanaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just used this at the salon and I love it....very fresh, subtle pink ..sheer and antural but not clear.....will buy a bottle and use again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 12:33:00 AM More reviews by RucaRita

This makes a great topcoat - it's so smooth and sheer, yet imparts just a slight bit of color and tons of shine. It's very natural and pretty on its own as well. Wonderful color, will be a staple along with Waltz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2003 9:24:00 PM More reviews by MissCastro1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only nail polish I will wear. When I first purchased it, I though it looked very pink...but when I put it on it looked great! It looks like the polish Cosmo Mag uses on every cover girl, a very natural pink. It's the best and only $4-$6 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2003 3:48:00 AM More reviews by leeyao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this Essie nail polish! After reading a rave by Ji Baek in a magazine, I chose this over Ballet Slippers (which I had tried on before and was too whitish for me), and I'm so happy I did! It is also my Holy Grail of natural-looking polish - kinda clear, but gives my nails a super-shiny, healthy pink tint. I only wear natural/nude shades, and this is my all-time favorite one. No streaks, so easy to apply. I gave myself a French manicure five days ago, and I can't believe I have no chips and the color is just as shiny as it was then - I haven't even needed to reapply a topcoat! Definitely worth it.