Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 4/27/2004 5:46:00 PM

a beautiful nail color. a sheer pink, it looks classy and is just the right hint of color for a polished look. it's definitely a staple.

on 4/22/2004 2:08:00 PM

I was looking for a subtle pink and tried Ballet Slippers. I liked the "cloudiness" of ballet slippers in the bottle, but it went on so streakily that I threw it away in frustration. Yuck. So it seemed like so many people liked Mademoiselle, so being the cosmetics lemming that I am, I tried that. A-ha! A very pretty pink that looks nice on my fair/medium skin. But it's a little more sheer than I was looking for, so although I'm going to keep using it, I'm looking for something a bit more opaque. Oh, and the streakiness that plagued Ballet Slippers isn't an issue with Mademoiselle. Good thing, too, because if Essie had made another streaky shade, I'd never try them again (I like OPI).

on 4/16/2004 2:51:00 AM

I'm not too into French Manicure. Love this sheer pink nail polish very much though. 2 -3 layers give me the best-looking and most healthy shine on my nails.

on 3/30/2004 2:01:00 PM

After looking at what appeared to be over 75 bottles of milky pink nailpolish at my local Ulta, I picked this one out. Not to pink, not too white, just perfect. Got compliments just the next day. Very nice and sophisticated look. I like to put on about 3 coats.

on 3/29/2004 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why this is so popular, even an Instyle Pick this year. It has so little pigment that it is little better than applying a clear polish in terms of the effect you get. Shiny and feels nicely smooth, that's about all I get out of it. Hope my next Essie try packs a more pigmented punch.

on 3/21/2004 5:47:00 PM

This color is great! I like it because it's not too pinkish, it's a mature color.

on 3/15/2004 7:50:00 PM

2 coats of this look okay on me, not great though, because the cool pink doesn't really complement my warm toned skin. But it's so sheer that it doesn't clash too obviously. Must be applied with care, to prevent streaks.

on 3/12/2004 11:37:00 PM

I bought this thinking it was going to be the perfect light pink, sheer and natural yet decidedly pink. Well, while it looks pink in the bottle, it goes on practically clear. After two coats, I still cannot find any pink. It does give a pretty, natural look, love the quality (no chipping, no streaks) and I love the tiny bottle. If it were more pigmented I would love it. I do use it though, it's just not what I expected. I gave it a 3 because it just isn't what it seems to be!

on 3/8/2004 11:19:00 AM

I love this polish. It's the perfect color of pink, very subtle and clean. Not bubble gum-ish. In style says it is the perfect color pink for all skintypes and they were right.

on 1/3/2004 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After hearing all the hype about Ballet Slippers being the "looks great on everyone" color, I bought it. It was entirely too chalky for my MMM skin, so I sought out another sheer pink polish and after trying several different shades of Essie's pale pink sheers (and there are a lot of pale pink sheer shades in this line), I finally found Mademoiselle. It's the perfect, almost indetectable, "non-color" shade for when I want something more than clear polish on my nails but still want a natural look. Like most of the Essie polishes, Mademoiselle goes on evenly and doesn't streak, dries very quickly, and stays on for days without a chip. Mademoiselle works well by itself or with a white tip for a French manicure look. Also, you can just slap one or two coats of this on and it will look great...it's really, really hard to screw this stuff up!

Top Rated Essie Products