Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 5/2/2004 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've recently been turned on to Essie polishes (I've been an OPI addict exclusively for some time now). Most of them I've been really happy with, but this one really isn't my cup of tea. My own nail polish color tastes are quite eclectic, & I like everything from OPI's deep Bogota Blackberry, to Essie's Bond's Beige & Naked Truth, & everything in between depending on my mood, the occasion, & sometimes even the weather. The quality of this is very good: dries to a high gloss & is quite durable even without a top coat. But it's so sheer & has so little pigment, that it barely even makes the pinks of my nails look pinker. It's practically like putting on clear polish. If you're searching for that kind of look, then this is the one for you. But if you want more pigment, even in a neutral color, then keep looking as there are many more shades to try.

on 4/29/2004 4:26:00 PM

This is a HG for natural nails...love that it is light and sheer so minor chips aren't so tell tale.....glossy, sophisticated, 'polished' look (no pun intended)

on 4/29/2004 3:07:00 PM

Oooh, I just painted my nails in this and adore the color. It's truly a "your nails but better" color. When I get manicures, I prefer creamier shades of pink (OPI's Sweetheart/Essie's A-dor-a-ble) but when I'm doing my own nails this is what I always reach for. It's virtually goof-proof and my nails look healthy and pretty!

on 4/28/2004 9:38:00 PM

Really the best basic sheer pink for everyone. I like it for a regular sheer polish as well as for a base color when doing French manicures. Had a friend borrow it today for the first time and she raved! Love that it's affordable and you can find it at any beauty supply store. Love the simple bottle too! A great product!

on 4/27/2004 5:46:00 PM

a beautiful nail color. a sheer pink, it looks classy and is just the right hint of color for a polished look. it's definitely a staple.

on 4/22/2004 2:08:00 PM

I was looking for a subtle pink and tried Ballet Slippers. I liked the "cloudiness" of ballet slippers in the bottle, but it went on so streakily that I threw it away in frustration. Yuck. So it seemed like so many people liked Mademoiselle, so being the cosmetics lemming that I am, I tried that. A-ha! A very pretty pink that looks nice on my fair/medium skin. But it's a little more sheer than I was looking for, so although I'm going to keep using it, I'm looking for something a bit more opaque. Oh, and the streakiness that plagued Ballet Slippers isn't an issue with Mademoiselle. Good thing, too, because if Essie had made another streaky shade, I'd never try them again (I like OPI).

on 4/16/2004 2:51:00 AM

I'm not too into French Manicure. Love this sheer pink nail polish very much though. 2 -3 layers give me the best-looking and most healthy shine on my nails.

on 3/30/2004 2:01:00 PM

After looking at what appeared to be over 75 bottles of milky pink nailpolish at my local Ulta, I picked this one out. Not to pink, not too white, just perfect. Got compliments just the next day. Very nice and sophisticated look. I like to put on about 3 coats.

on 3/29/2004 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why this is so popular, even an Instyle Pick this year. It has so little pigment that it is little better than applying a clear polish in terms of the effect you get. Shiny and feels nicely smooth, that's about all I get out of it. Hope my next Essie try packs a more pigmented punch.

on 3/21/2004 5:47:00 PM

This color is great! I like it because it's not too pinkish, it's a mature color.

Popular Polishes