July 28, 2014 | 1025 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by H3LL0K1TTY

I went to MAC essentially looking for a nice blush with a nice glow or shimmer to it, and ended up with the soft and gentle. The MAC girl said she applies it on top of her make up everyday for a nice glow, she put some on me and I was hesitant at first cause I was still looking for a nice blush, but ended up buying the soft and gentle, and it offers a nice fresh finish :) So now I apply my blush/bronzer and apply the MSF over my cheeks for a nice glow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

I love love LOVE this colour! I was hoping to find a goldish colour that wouldn't be too dark (I missed New Vegas and I am not willing to shell out the hefty price tag on ebay for it) and this seemed like a beautiful colour. Boy is it ever! I am NC30 and it shows up as a beautiful soft buttery gold on my cheeks (Not too light/ too dark)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I went to the MAC counter looking for So Ceylon but they were sold out. I asked the MAC SA was there another mineralize skinfinish similiar to So Ceylon and he recommended Soft and Gentle. Well Soft and Gentle is not similiar at all to So Ceylon. Soft and Gentle is very light and transparent on my NC42 skin. It shows up as mostly a silver shimmery highlighter. Soft and Gentle is described as being a gilded peach bronze. I usually use this on my cheekbones and also dust it on my forehhead chin and nose to highlight certain areas of my face. I like Soft and Gentle but it is not a replacement for So Ceylon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This MSF is a great highlighter. I've used countless drugstore brands, MAC 'What a Dame' highlighter powder and NARS Albatross before, but I found them to be somewhat invisible on my cheeks (NC30 for reference!) and chalky without much lasting power. I was on the search for a something that wouldn't be too glittery but provided enough color to make my cheeks "stand out" and this is the winner! Using my 168, I gently swipe the product on top of my cheeks and a bit on my T-zone area as well. If you put too much, your face will look too shiny but with a light hand, your face definitely just glows beautifully both indoors & outdoors : ) The color in the pan looks brown but it is actually a very light beige with tad bit of white when applied - so pretty! I was a bit hesitant to purchase this since it's somewhat pricey ($27) but I think it's worth the price since I won't be buying or needing any other highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by 0oHannaho0

OMG! This msf is just so great! It gives you such a nice glowy look!
I use it like a highlighter all the time, and it just add that "final touch" to your make-up. My mom has it too, and she loves it too. :p
I do have to say that when you are sitting in direct sunlight, your face could look a little "glittery".
But I think that this is a great product overall.
xx

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kittylounger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i just got this msf and i really like it. i used it as a highlighter and also to highlight my brow bone. it looked great! its a nice soft shimmer and i use the 129 brush. i always think prices are a lil high, but always but their stuff anyways!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kathybe113

im so in love with this product!! so glad this fell in my hands...i use it everyday and people say that i seem to glow:) its not too sparkley like what i'd expected so i'll definiely repurchase..thank god its a permanent item:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by neekolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this MSF!!! i'm a huge man of mac's MSFS and this one is a staple for any mac MSF lover!!!! i agree with the other reviewers, this is not at all glittery, but gives you a perfect luminous, glowy, soft dewey look. do i need to say more? i'm nc40 and though the result is not OBVIOUS on my skin tone, it gives a perfect glow from within.

i recently used this on a friend who is probably around nw45 (more brown and darker than me) and it even looked more gorgeous on her. i used it as a highlight on her and a little on the apples on her cheeks over bronzer. she looked in the mirror and was gushing on how fab her cheek bones looked! i told her she is lucky cause this part of mac's permanent line!

though it is expensive, this product will virtually last forever!!! i love this and don't know what i would do without it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is quickly turning into my favorite Msf ever. It's not glittery, I repeat, NOT GLITTERY. It gives the skin a really luminous glow that you only see when light reflects off of your face (where it is applied). I love it on the cheekbones (168 or 188), and you can add some more on the brow bone, above the brow bone, and along the bridge of the nose. I've used this product on many different skintones, from pale to medium dark, and it looks fantastic on everyone. Just sweep this on the cheekbones and apply a matte blush underneath it and it's perfection for the skin. I got another one for my kit since I use it so often.
I have already purchased this again and I love Mac for making it permanent. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I truly have mixed feelings about this highlighter. I just feel that it deposits too much glitter on my face and it just doesn't look natural. I tried applying it with different brushes. I really wish I could love this and am really trying to make it work. Just that everytime I go out into the sun, my face is just so glittery.