August 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by annaharris_227

Another reasonably priced, yet good quality brush! I bought this specifically to use with my mineral blushes, and it works wonderfully! It keeps the few little grains of blush I use concentrated in the bristles, and it's dense and small enough in diameter that I can control the color very easily. The head is super-soft too. If you love the softness of Everyday Mineral's brushes, you'll love this! It even holds up through washing. Probably the cheapest flat-top blush brush I've seen. Don't hesitate to try this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Cherna11

Once again thanks to the MUA community for enlightening me with your beauty wisdom. This brush is off the chain! Provides the perfect application of blush. I haven't tried applying foundation yet but I will. People who are sitting on the fence... believe the hype! This brush will make you feel pretty just by holding it. It is truly great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by krisdepp

loooooooooooove it!
i use this brush every day for applying liquid foundation. i even use it to apply blush sometimes.
my only complaint is how long it takes for it to dry... blech. but hey, that just means it's super dense, right? oh, and no shedding! none! wooo!
considering buying a second for when my first is drying. at the price, i can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this brush! I use it to stipple on liquid foundation. It leaves a very natural finish, and was easy to figure out even for a brush and liquid fdtn novice like me.

Excellent quality too, I wash almost daily after each use and it's stayed super-soft and shed maybe 2 hairs. Only drawback is that it's so dense it takes a full day to dry out after washing! I'm considering buying a second to trade off with. Also, it would be awesome if there were a larger size.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by secreteuphony

I too love this brush. It's perfect for minerals and is absolutely a necessity for putting on mineral concealer and foundations. Works WAY better than kabukis. I think it's also great for blush, gives it a very diffused look. Love SK brushes, and Target, for that matter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I have 2 of these brushes and agree with everyone...for the $15 price tag they can't be beat. I use one for creme blushes (made me fall in love with all my creme blushes all over again and now I can make every color work...even the super pigmented ones) and one for liquid foundation. This brush melds blush and foundation into skin making it look flawless, even with my oily, large pores. Super soft and never sheds. Even after washing it stays perfectly soft. Try this brush!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE.THIS.BRUSH!! This brush allowed me to use blushes I couldn't even touch before. I use it with my Stila CC's, MAC creme blushes, and all other blushes in between. This was my ah-hah! lightbulb moment for blush as prior to using this I don't think I was getting the best out of my blushes. I lightly press this brush onto the top of my creme blushes and then swirl along my apples and lightly up my cheekbones. The most complimentary blush to my face shape I've ever used. Absolutely essential to anyones brush collection, and I usually revert back to using my fingers to apply nearly all cosmetics, but this brush really gives me a look I cannot achieve any other way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

This is a great brush for me - I use it for all my powder highlighters, bronzers, and blushes - perfect application every time.

Minimal shedding, cleans up well, and cost me only $14.99 at Target -

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Next time I'm at Target I'm going to pick up another one of these brushes! The quality of it is amazing. It washes beautifully and doesn't shed. I love using it for Stila Convertible Color in Poppy. The texture of Poppy is different to the other CC's - its drier and not as creamy. This brush applies Poppy flawlessly. It also buffs on liquid foundation so nicely. I tried it with some of my NARS powder blushes and I still have to work out the right amount to put on the brush, I tend to pick up too much. So for now I still prefer my MAC 187 for the NARS blushes. Everyone who uses blush or foundation needs this brush! And the price! The price still amazes me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

i know that conventional wisdom says that you need good brushes to get the full usage out of your makeup. i agree with this. i also know that conventional wisdom says that you get what you pay for. when it comes to makeup brushes (or a lot of things, actually), i disagree, and this brush is a fantastic example of why.

i bought this brush for $14.99 at target; for that price i was hoping it would work decently without shedding. i merely wanted something to use when applying stila CC in poppy so it wouldnt look like i was dying of consumption (very romantic in old school english novels, very clown-like in contemporary coffee shops); stila CC in poppy is, for those of you who arent familiar with the color, BRIGHT RED. so lovely to look at, so much so that i squealed with delight when i received it as a birthday gift and then spent weeks purring over it, but so intimidating that, like i said, i spent weeks purring over it instead of, you know, wearing it. and when i tried it was a disaster. my fingers would just smear it everywhere, plus the rubbing would bring out the ruddiness in my cheeks, and the flirt skunk brush wasnt firm enough to deposit enough color, and the MAC 187, my trusty sidekick, applied it in huge swaths that made it look like i had a concentrated asian glow (i turn really really red when i drink. its sad).

but this brush, man oh man. i simply press it into the pan and then press it firmly against my cheek once, squiggling it a bit. all the color is then deposited on my skin in a spot about the size of a quarter (a little bigger). i then use the brush to blend, blend, blend, smoothing the edges. the brush bristles feel wonderfully soft and it makes this rebellious blush behave like none other. i havent tried it with my more pigmented powder blushes, but judging from the prior reviews, it will perform just as well wiith those.

so, for those of you who are attracted to brightly colored blushes (you know who you are) and buy them so you can gasp over the beautiful corals and plums and reds and golds, but then find yourself unable to actually wear the aforementioned blushes because then no one can seem to look you in the eye because theyre too busy wondering why you have two perfect circles of hectic color on your cheeks, do get yourself this brush. its $14.99 well spent to justify the hundreds youll spend on those blushes you just cant bring yourself to walk away from.

a brief note: i also recommend essence of beauty eyeshadow brushes as underrated drugstore gems that work wonders. theyre at CVS and are usually BOGO 50% off and sold in packs of two. four eyeshadow brushes for roughly $8 means youll have all that money you would have spent on high-end eyeshadow brushes to spend on even more blushes! yay!

or in my case, books. grad school NEVER ends. continued >>

30 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No