April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by icecreamgirlmz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love it! overall AMAZING! soft, well priced, yay ecotools!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love these brushes! I've been using them for about 4 months and they're still just like new! Which is surprising, because I use them everyday and wash them after each use. They never shed hair, which is what I hate about cheaper brushes. And they're ecofriendly, unlike most more expensive brushes. They are the best I've ever owned, and all the tools I need are included!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by vanessa1590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This set outshines even my HE brushes. They're soft, attractive looking, sturdy, and eco-friendly. I use the eyeshadow brush for applying my pressed eyeshadows wet. The concealer brush is used for applying foiled loose pigments to my eyes, as it picks up very well. I used the blush brush to apply my finishing powder, as I prefer a kabuki (or denser) brush to apply my blush. It's perfect for this task, as the soft synthetic bristles spreads loose powder around evenly and very sheer. Now, the liner brush is something that I can rave about for days! I love the fact that it is so thin, yet picks up pigment so well. I can now make any pigment or e/s into a liner because of it's precison.

For the price, this set is a steal! If you see this at the store, grab it! I had my boyfriend go to three different drugstores before finding this. He grabbed the last one too! I live in NYC and even here, it's hard to get your hands on.

Overall, these are my go-to brushes everyday! They're reliable and get the job done beautifully. Would I purchase again? Yes! In fact, I'm thinking about buying another set as a backup!

**UPDATE**: I've been using these for about a month now and still reach for them everyday! They have not shed a single bristle and are just as soft, yet firm, as the day I purchased them! My favorite is the liner brush and eye shading brush (which I used for my wet e/s and pigments). I was so impressed by this set that I bought the other set (5 Piece Mineral Brushes).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this set after buying the wonderful retractable Kabuki, I was supposed to buy this one first but they were all out! So they had 2 in stock and I bought them both for a friend and I. Let me just say, ecotools did not disappoint. Soft hairs, well crafted ferrule and handle made from recyclable materials. Too good, just too good!!!! Got a coupon in my pack and im gonna use it to buy somemoooore Eotools!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by chaovivi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great brushes at great prices.
def. recommend for those who just starting out or who just dont wanna spurge on makeup brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Chelleybla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE these brushes! I had been on the search for some reasonably priced brushes, and I found them at Target (best store ever!)..

They're very soft and when the bookstore I was working at started selling them I was soooo excited : )

Also my boss brought back the powder brush as part of some gifts from a product show, and I snagged that thing up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by MISHA5150

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

These brushes are AWESOME!!! I got these the other day at my local Target for about $11. Got them home, washed them and used them today and I'm soooo glad that I did!! I already own the kabuki brush which I use for my powder foundation and it's the best and softest brush EVER!!! So far I've only used the blush, eyeshadow and angled eyeliner brushes and they all were amazingly soft and worked very well!!! I think I'm going to toss my Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow brush and use the Ecotools one because it is just so much softer and grabs eyeshadow much better. Add to my joy that Ecotools is eco friendly, this is a win-win situation for me (price and value)!! I highly recommend these brushes to everyone!!
*UPDATE*
The eyeshadow brush isn't too great to use for eyeshadows...it just doesn't pick up enough color because the brush is too flat and smooth. I think it will work better for cream e/s, concealer and paintpots. I still love it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing quality for an amazing price. I love every brush in this set!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

im slightly torn on this product. on one hand, this set is a great value for the number of brushes you get, especially as they are obviously well constructed.

the reason they dont get a 5 rating from me is that i find the blush brush to be a bit too stiff, to the point that i cant really use it at all. it deposits color in one spot on my cheek and doesnt blend it out very well. same goes for the concealer and shadow brushes, theyre just a little too rough for me.

i use the brow/lash comb and eyeliner brush everyday, so the $11 has been worth it to me for those two. and really, that would even be a great price for just two brushes let alone 5, so its certainly worth trying out.

overall, cute set and i dont regret buying it, but definitely not all i envisioned it to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Naomi1214

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes, very soft =]

great for make up FANS <3