Ecotools 6 Piece Brush Set

4.7

on 6/14/2009 10:09:00 PM

An excellent basic brush set especially noteworthy for sensitive skin types who find animal hair brushes irritate the skin. The bristles of the brushes are a soft synthetic taklon that are packed densely enough to ensure they pick up enough pigment. The bamboo handles are sturdy and have a good weight and length.

My personal favourite is the blush brush which is an oval-shaped head instead on the usual round. It applies like an angled blush brush if you sweep one side of the brush at an 45 degree angle to the blush pan.

The eye-shading brush is an excellent crease-contouring brush as the tip picks up the most pigment and targets the eye socket and if applied in a 'windscreen wiper' motion along the crease the pigment blends out quite sheerly. The brush can also be used to highlight the brow bone and sheer washes of colour.

I would prefer to see some extra loops in the brush roll for additional brushes and another brush that can pack on colour onto the eyelid but overall a very good product.

on 6/14/2009 9:05:00 PM

I found the brushes at Target. It was only $10! (sale) And I heard that it was pretty good so I went ahead and bought it.

It comes with a blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, concealer and brow brush. The eyeshadow brush sucks. Everything else is great! I especially love the eyeliner brush which its nice and stiff yet still makes a nice dark line with my eyeshadow.

on 6/14/2009 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

These set of brushes are incredible! for around 10-13 dollars you get a set of 5 of really soft excellent quality brushes, plus they are earth friendly. beats having to pay 40 dollars for a set of mac ones!

on 6/14/2009 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The blush brush is probably my favorite brush and perfect for a sheer application or bronzer , but it also let's me build layers of color.
The eyeshadow brush doesn't pick up enough color unless you use only the tip. I use it for highlighting and for sheer color on the crease.
The eyeliner brush is great for gel liners, but not powder. Gives a thin,smooth line. The concealer brush is okay, it blends my under eye concealer nicely and the other brush is just a normal comb brush.
Overall I think it's worth the money and super soft good for sensitive skin.

on 6/10/2009 9:19:00 PM

What can i say.. these are GREAT brushes. Super soft and doesn't shed and no smell.
For the price you're paying, these are amazing!

on 6/10/2009 6:34:00 PM

Ridiculously soft, inexpensive, easy to find (Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc),eco friendly - have replaced all my other brushes (except for 3 of my EM brushes). Use daily = no shedding, no problems w/ washing/drying. A definite winner!!!!!

on 6/10/2009 5:23:00 PM

i love these !! they're so soft especially for the price!

I love how EcoTools has the softest brushes for such a great value! The sad thing is, I don't use all of the brushes in this set - but for the price, I don't mind much because it was such a great value... I use the blush brush, the angled eyebrow/liner brush, and the brow brush... I've tried to use the eyeshadow brush, but it's just a bit too flat for my needs... and I use CARGO concealer w/ a wand, so the concealer brush is useless to me unless I try a new one that comes in a pot.

I have the MAC 263 for my eyeliner, and it's nice to know that I can switch it in and out with my Ecotools one if it's still wet from washing, or if I want to keep lining my eyes and brows separate.

My only suggestion would be to get rid of the re-usable ziplock packaging. No one re-uses that tiny thing with branding all over it, and honestly - they could get away with even cheaper packaging that is recyclable. I do love the brush roll though...

Great for first timers - the face brushes work the best... as for the eye brushes, I only found real use for the angled eye brow/liner brush. I still stick to my MAC 224 for the eyes.

on 6/1/2009 2:24:00 AM

The set is a pretty good value buy(12 dollars or so at walgreens). I think the brushes are ok, not quite impressive and easy to work with(compared to mac brushes). However, at this price, not bad.

on 5/28/2009 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE, these brushes; have been using them for a little better than 3 months and have 3 sets

Popular Makeup Brushes