July 29, 2014 | 1228 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by myluckypenny

I love how EcoTools has the softest brushes for such a great value! The sad thing is, I don't use all of the brushes in this set - but for the price, I don't mind much because it was such a great value... I use the blush brush, the angled eyebrow/liner brush, and the brow brush... I've tried to use the eyeshadow brush, but it's just a bit too flat for my needs... and I use CARGO concealer w/ a wand, so the concealer brush is useless to me unless I try a new one that comes in a pot.

I have the MAC 263 for my eyeliner, and it's nice to know that I can switch it in and out with my Ecotools one if it's still wet from washing, or if I want to keep lining my eyes and brows separate.

My only suggestion would be to get rid of the re-usable ziplock packaging. No one re-uses that tiny thing with branding all over it, and honestly - they could get away with even cheaper packaging that is recyclable. I do love the brush roll though...

Great for first timers - the face brushes work the best... as for the eye brushes, I only found real use for the angled eye brow/liner brush. I still stick to my MAC 224 for the eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by daniellan83

The set is a pretty good value buy(12 dollars or so at walgreens). I think the brushes are ok, not quite impressive and easy to work with(compared to mac brushes). However, at this price, not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE, these brushes; have been using them for a little better than 3 months and have 3 sets

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by icecreamgirlmz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love it! overall AMAZING! soft, well priced, yay ecotools!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love these brushes! I've been using them for about 4 months and they're still just like new! Which is surprising, because I use them everyday and wash them after each use. They never shed hair, which is what I hate about cheaper brushes. And they're ecofriendly, unlike most more expensive brushes. They are the best I've ever owned, and all the tools I need are included!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by vanessa1590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This set outshines even my HE brushes. They're soft, attractive looking, sturdy, and eco-friendly. I use the eyeshadow brush for applying my pressed eyeshadows wet. The concealer brush is used for applying foiled loose pigments to my eyes, as it picks up very well. I used the blush brush to apply my finishing powder, as I prefer a kabuki (or denser) brush to apply my blush. It's perfect for this task, as the soft synthetic bristles spreads loose powder around evenly and very sheer. Now, the liner brush is something that I can rave about for days! I love the fact that it is so thin, yet picks up pigment so well. I can now make any pigment or e/s into a liner because of it's precison.

For the price, this set is a steal! If you see this at the store, grab it! I had my boyfriend go to three different drugstores before finding this. He grabbed the last one too! I live in NYC and even here, it's hard to get your hands on.

Overall, these are my go-to brushes everyday! They're reliable and get the job done beautifully. Would I purchase again? Yes! In fact, I'm thinking about buying another set as a backup!

**UPDATE**: I've been using these for about a month now and still reach for them everyday! They have not shed a single bristle and are just as soft, yet firm, as the day I purchased them! My favorite is the liner brush and eye shading brush (which I used for my wet e/s and pigments). I was so impressed by this set that I bought the other set (5 Piece Mineral Brushes).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this set after buying the wonderful retractable Kabuki, I was supposed to buy this one first but they were all out! So they had 2 in stock and I bought them both for a friend and I. Let me just say, ecotools did not disappoint. Soft hairs, well crafted ferrule and handle made from recyclable materials. Too good, just too good!!!! Got a coupon in my pack and im gonna use it to buy somemoooore Eotools!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by chaovivi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great brushes at great prices.
def. recommend for those who just starting out or who just dont wanna spurge on makeup brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Chelleybla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE these brushes! I had been on the search for some reasonably priced brushes, and I found them at Target (best store ever!)..

They're very soft and when the bookstore I was working at started selling them I was soooo excited : )

Also my boss brought back the powder brush as part of some gifts from a product show, and I snagged that thing up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by MISHA5150

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

These brushes are AWESOME!!! I got these the other day at my local Target for about $11. Got them home, washed them and used them today and I'm soooo glad that I did!! I already own the kabuki brush which I use for my powder foundation and it's the best and softest brush EVER!!! So far I've only used the blush, eyeshadow and angled eyeliner brushes and they all were amazingly soft and worked very well!!! I think I'm going to toss my Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow brush and use the Ecotools one because it is just so much softer and grabs eyeshadow much better. Add to my joy that Ecotools is eco friendly, this is a win-win situation for me (price and value)!! I highly recommend these brushes to everyone!!
*UPDATE*
The eyeshadow brush isn't too great to use for eyeshadows...it just doesn't pick up enough color because the brush is too flat and smooth. I think it will work better for cream e/s, concealer and paintpots. I still love it though.