Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 3/30/2011 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I just saw this as a recently reviewed item & I just had to put my 2 cents in... I've been using these towels for the past 6 months, & all I can say is that they are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! They are dirt cheap & disposable. These will make your body feel squeaky clean & fresh! I threw away my shower poufs after discovering these cloths. You are able to easliy wash every nook & crany (such as the back) with complete ease. These give an EXTENSIVE deep clean & exfoliation, leaving your skin feeling soft. Once you try these clothes, you'll never want to go back to ordinary shower poufs again. These cloths don't miss a spot!

I had been using the tiny Korean washcloths of similar properties (which I LOVE but are impractical for the whole body due to their size) until I came upon this featured item. So I ordered some.
These washcloths are way bigger than I expected. I thought I was going to have to use a lot of body wash with it. I was wrong. This material lathers like crazy! I use less product than I did with a loofah (which I will never use again after experiencing this).
I have never been able to properly scrub my entire back but the length of this easily allows me to do this.
Makes my skin super soft and exfoliated. Does the job better than any mechanical scrubber or product I've used before.
Worth every penny and more.

on 3/29/2011 9:49:00 AM

ONE.USE. That's all it took for me to fall in love with this cloth, since it's so friggin' amazing! I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, and after using it for the first time this morning, I have tossed away my bath pouf and loofahs. My skin has to be at least 75% softer after my shower this morning. I have tried so many different scrubs and caustic lotions under the sun that either didn't work, were too painful, broke me out, or were just crap. Who would've thought this little nylon and polyester cloth would make such an immediate difference? Three snaps in a Z formation!!

on 3/26/2011 1:34:00 PM

Thanks MUA for introducing me to the Salux cloth -- this thing is truly a winner.

I have used a shower pouf on and off for years and I've always been a little skeeved by how mildew-y they get in a short time. I had seen exfoliating gloves and washcloths in places like The Body Shop but I felt they'd be too rough and harsh for me.

I ordered a peach colored Salux from thesaluxshop.com. Great customer service and incredible attention to detail (email notifications and handwritten thank you card enclosed) for such a small $ order.

The first couple of time I used the Salux I feared that it was a little too rough for me but I stuck with it and a couple of weeks later I am a total convert.

Highly recommend -- for a few bucks why not try it? If you have sensitive skin, start slowly with a light touch.

on 3/25/2011 6:17:00 PM

I've been using this for about 3-4 years now.. they are THE best ever. This is something I'll never be without. I love everything about it! I only use it once a week, cause my skin is super soft even without using it.. but when I do use it.. my skin is something to be constantly touched. LOVE IT :)

on 3/25/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank you, MUA! But for "MUA Top Picks," I never would have known about this product. And I love it. It's the simplest way to exfoliate your body. My skin feels so much better when I exfoliate, but I get lazy about it. This makes it so easy that I can't get lazy about it. And it's not too harsh. I live alone, so it's hard to always reach your back, but the length of this makes it so easy. I use it all over and have even used it, gently, on my face on occasion. HIGHLY recommended. Am getting some for friends and family now. Thanks again, MUA!

May 23, 2011 update: I was using my Salux (as usual) in the shower this morning, and I just wanted to share something I've learned from my daily use. For background, FYI, I prefer bar soaps with my Salux. There's something about lathering up my Salux towel with a nice bar of soap that is rewarding for some reason and that also makes lots of bubbles for a great shower experience. The latest soap I am loving with it is L'Occitane's Milk Soap (which is wonderful). I got the large L'Occitane soap, and today after I soaped up and scrubbed nicely with my Salux, I had this idea that I wanted to share.

My new tip = I wrapped the Salux towel around the big soap, and then I massaged my skin with the bar of soap encased in the Salux. It worked REALLY well. It generated lather as I scrubbed and just added another dimension to my shower experience. I felt cleaner than clean and really refreshed, so I just want to share that if you haven't tried wrapping your Salux around a bar of soap, I recommend it. I felt really nicely exfoliated (even better than usual) when I added this to my shower routine.

on 3/25/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I cannot live without this! I hate those.. soft loofahs. It does nothing compared to this! It really makes my skin smoother and gives your body a nice all around scrub that feels amazing in the hot shower. When I add my shower soap to it, and rub it, it foams up a lot! It's dirt cheap and so easy to use. I get to my back very easily. I do not feel clean without using this, nothing compares!

on 3/25/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

It leaves my skin so smooth and reduces scar masks all over my body. I have extremely sensitive skin but it doesn’t irritate my skin at all. Recommended!!

on 3/19/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

If I could give this more stars I would. It's dirt cheap and is the one product on here that lives up to the rave reviews regardless of your skin type unless you have some seriously sensitive skin. I almost spent some big bucks on a Clarisonic body brush for my daughters until I came across the reviews on MUA and remembered how awesome these were. My grandmother used to bring these back from Hawaii when I was a kid. Any ladies out there spending big bucks on spa salt scrubs, for less than $5 with shipping or a trip to your local Asian market, you can buy one of these and get better results in your own shower every day. Best wash cloth/exfoliate ever. Do be aware of what your buying though and purchase the original Salux as there are dupes out there not as good from China or Korea. Many previous posters have noted what to look for on Ebay and such and I thank them.

on 3/19/2011 7:37:00 PM

I have these too. There is a really sweet gal in California who sells these online and I got them shipped up to B.C. in days for next to nothing. We have a significant asian culture in b.c. and I figured I could find these in some mom and pop store but it was easier to order them on line.

I've actually had a cloth exactly like this which I got at Winner's - I can't remember the brand but when I felt the texure I knew it was exactly what I wanted - I hate mamby-pamby exfoliation - I want a scrub that I can feel and that stimulates circulation.

That other cloth was great but eventually it had to go and I've not found a replacement until now! I bought 5 in different colours and gave 3 away. My favorite part is being able to scrub my back! Feels so good with the Salux! I was thinking of cutting one down for an upcoming trip to Egypt, but on second thought...I want it long enough to do my back there too!

Yummy experience using the Salux! Love them!
UPDATE: I've had a couple of people write me asking who I ordered these them from. Go see Joie at The Salux Shop www.saluxshop.com - Enjoy!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools