April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by KrystoLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great wash cloth! Nice and rough..but not too rough...to scrub your body. Holds lather well and long enough to get every inch of your back! Great product and very popular here in Hawaii! (At least with my family and friends!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by miyeko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

We had these years ago at home, but I forgot about them until one of my sisters went to visit our Japanese family in Hawaii and brought one back after using it the whole time she was there. The Salux cloth can feel rough on the skin at first and may take some getting used to, but it exfoliates extremely well and really helps lather up shower gel. There is enough length for you to wash your back without contorting, which is a plus for me and my limited range of motion. Great product that I use exclusively now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kingspanky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These so beat a loofah or a fluffy meshy thing. I first used them in Japan 20 years ago, and then thought OMG why don't we have this in the US? Since then keep buying them. Really lather up well, give a meaningful scrub, and just easier to get all the nooks and crannies than the alternative.

Glad to see a wise OP to identify this and bring it to the MUA masses. Enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I don't use the Salux brand itself, but another generic one from Korea which is exactly like it. Like many other reviewers have already said, this is the ONLY thing I use to wash with now! It leaves my skin so amazingly smooth and soft. It can be quite harsh, but I personally love that feeling...it's great to use before applying self tanner as it really does get rid of all the dead skin and leaves you prepped for tanning. Helps get rid of that nasty bacne too...and I got mine for dirt cheap, the equivalent of around 0.60? I couldn't be happier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am Japanese so I grew up using these. I absolutely CANNOT feel sufficiently clean without a good scrub-down with my salux! Shower poufs? Please. THESE mean business. If you've ever felt those scrubby gloves they sell at the Body Shop, this is very similar, but in a washcloth form. It is quite abrasive and a superior exfoliator, but not painful (unless it's brand spanking new or you are way too enthusiastic).

It is long enough (~3ft?) to use to scrub your back like one of those loofah strap things with the handles on the end, and does an awesome job of making your shower gel or soap (it's awesome with bar soap) foam up like crazy. I use this to scrub my face with my regular face soap, no separate scrub product needed (though I am a product whore so I buy those anyway). At the end of my shower I like to use it to scrub all the dead skin and crud off my feet and ankles. Sexy, I know, but it does a wonderful job.

BUY ONE. Go to your local Asian market and get one, seriously. You have no idea what you've been missing.

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Pretty amazing product. I'm glad I finally listened to all the raves and got one. This really is a unique product with little exfoliating nubbies on it that I have never seen before. The first time I used it, I just thought it was okay, but after several uses, I think I'm hooked. The shape of it is great for running across your back and exfoliating to avoid getting bacne, and it cleared up those little red spots I get on my legs from ingrown hairs. I agree that the first time you use it, it feels a bit too rough, but that you get used to it. It also stimulates circulation, which is good for cellulite.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by meheeeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE these. Nothing leaves my skin softer and feeling cleaner. It really cleans those hard to reach spots and while a first-time user might find the cloth a little rough, once you get used to it nothing else cuts it.
My favorite feature is how much lather it generates. It really stretches the life of your soap or body wash!
I will continue using one of these until the day I die. I LOVE them!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Juliamay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is odd that I haven't reviewed this. I have used a Salux cloth for over 20 years. I hate when I don't use it, I just don't feel clean. The ONLY time I don't use it would be if I am trying to keep on a Mystic tan or if I am travelling.

My skin is soft, of course I always wish it were better, but that's just me.

If you haven't used this, it does take some getting used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by carlito8846

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG. Been practically using this since birth and has been a household staple forever. Love love love this! wouldn't wash my body without this, I use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by EarlyBirdie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. HG! I get it at the Asian food store I go to for around $3. I no longer need to use a separate body scrub because this is it. I use it everyday with my body wash in place of a sponge and I get clean and extremely exfoliated at the same time. I love how I can reach my entire back, too since it's so long. Makes my skin so soft and smooth afterwards. It really turns any body wash into a scrub with a lot of lather. Amazing.