September 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 8:28:00 AM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Like so many times, I gave into the hype. Fortunately, this product is not expensive (well, the Clarisonic Mia is on it's way to me and in comparison costs a little fortune!), so in this case I don't have to feel guilty :)
I ordered a green and a white cloth. First of all, I was a little disappointed because the green one was too soft for my taste and it didn't really foam up the soap and I didn't feel that it gave me a good scrub.
Then I thought, maybe you should try the white one, which appeared to be more densely woven, if that makes sense. I was so glad that the white one finally delivered exactly the way the MUA had described it, foamed up soap like crazy and gave me a PERFECT invigorating and intense scrub (I have to exfoliate regulary because my skin produces a lot of dead skin cells). My skin is glowing and beautiful and absorbs my bodylotion so well now. TOTALLY happy, can't imagine being without this cloth now! :) Give it a try, you won't be disappointed and it's really affordable, even with international shipping you can save the money for expensive body scrubs for good, because this towel transforms every soap / shower gel into a cleansing and massaging scrub. The best thing is, that my back has never felt so squeaky clean in my life and I can activate my circulation by "brushing" my skin with the cloth towards my heart (like with a brush made of natural bristles). My skin is slightly rosy and I feel my circulation being activated.
Like another MUA wrote, it would be really interesting to know how the different colors of the wash clothes relate to its softness!
Edit: I noticed that my fake tan (St Tropez Bronzing Mousse or L'Oreal Spray Tan) goes on SO MUCH MORE evenly and beautiful and wears off nicely. Also, no problems with rough skin on elbows or knees anymore :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

This is the best way to exfoliate the body. No need to buy any special exfoliating body scrub. With this product, any body wash is compatible with it. The results: smooth, clean body. It prevents clogged pores and ingrown hairs. This product is an essential.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Where has this been all my showering life! This is so fantastic. I just used it for the first time and I have never felt so clean. I feel exfoliated all over my body, and I didn't even have to use any fancy exfoliating scrub! (Well, I did, on certain parts of my body, but that's just b/c I love fancy scrubs, but I'm confident this product works just as well without it). Just a squirt of a regular shower gel onto the cloth, lather it up, and scrub away. I was actually surprised by this product, it is scratchier than I thought it'd be. It has a very coarse texture, though I do not find it uncomfortable, it kind of feels like lightly scratching, which I actually think feels nice and satisfying. It is also a lot bigger than I thought, it's more like a small oblong towel (well, it SAYS it's a towel) but I imagined this as more of a washcloth. Anyway, this has completely blown loofahs out of the water- they feel useless next to this. I shall be throwing mine away. Also, as others have pointed out, it's awesome for scrubbing your back, as it reaches very well. My back skin is going to love me! Anyway, I love this so much, I immediately went and bought three more online (http://www.saluxcloth.com/) to have ready when mine wears out. One of my top beauty products (of any type) OF ALL TIME. Okay I'm done ranting like a crazy lady.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by aHGirlL

I saw all the good review here, so i went to Daiso at IOI to get one myself.
Everything in Daiso is 5 bucks~
i search this specific Salux brand but they don't sell it.
There are so many other brands there so i just bought the one with pink floral patterns~
I must say this is the best exfoliating stuff for your body!
It is like a lengthy piece of cloth so i can exfoliate easily~
My mum bought something like that from The Body Shop, it was so rough as if i'm rubbing sand paper on my skin!
Definitely will get one for my mum!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by greeneyesies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing product. I hve dry, sensitive body skin with tendancy to clogged pores and this towel has worked miracles on it in terms of texture and tone. It's best when I soak in the bath for 10 minutes and then get to work with the towel (the water turns grey with shed skin cells - it's fascinating), but it's great for a quick shower too. Most exfoliting products I've used in the past (scrubs, loofah, microfibre cloth) have managed to annoy my skin in some way - this hasn't at all. I can use in on my legs, back, arms, chest ... everywhere except my face without irritation. My skin is so much smoother and healthier-looking since I started using this product, barely a clogged pore in sight. I can't think of showerng without it now, I wouldn't feel right.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about these cloths. Let me say that I have never, and will never, use them on my face. They are much too harsh for that. But for the body, they're boss. I've been using them for about 4 years now. I found them randomly on the the truerenu website when I was still using the Komenuka Bijin line. I immediately fell in love with them after the first time of using them. I've always been a big fan of exfoliating, and while my homemade scrub of brown sugar, almond oil, and lemon essential oil worked great, it seemed to defeat itself two days after using. I needed a little bit of exfoliation everyday, as opposed to lots of exfoliation few days. This has not only saved me money, but time as well. I'm getting gentle exfoliation everyday while deeply cleansing my skin. I use them with my Olivella Fragrance Free or Pacifica bar soap. I get much more of a lather than when I use a wash cloth or loofa. I feel that they're more sanitary as well. I hang mine up to dry and since it drips dry without the crevices that are on a loofa nor does it absorb as much as a wash cloth it seems to stay cleaner longer. When it needs a clean, I just throw it in the washing machine with my shower curtains and bathroom towels and it's as good as new. My lotion definitely soaks in better after washing twice with these, and considering I shower twice a day, it is essential that my moisturizer soaks in well. My boyfriend is now a fan as well. Completely essential in my beauty routine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by LadyBelleEtoile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are the best. My skin is oily but sensitive and prone to breakouts. My skin feels so soft and clean after exfoliating with these towels!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is too funny!!! I got a bunch of these in Mexico!!! of all places I got them down there after my sister telling me about them..she has been using them forever so on my vacation I had to pick up about 10 of them! so they sell them in the US? hmm...now I'm really have to find these...these things are AMAZING!!!!! LOVE the more rough ones they are just great can't believe they sell them here! lol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by joie4444

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the Salux cloth for over 30 years. I agree with all of you,a shower is not a shower without one. But, be aware! There are some very cheap flimsy copies being sold as Salux, they are NOT the real thing. They are packaged in a BAD copy of the Salux package that says made in Japan with the Salux logo,they are NOT. They are from China or Korea and do not have a tag on the cloth (required by law) that has the Salux logo and says 60% nylon 40% polyester, Made in Japan. They weigh 0.6oz Salux is 1.2oz (half the weight). There is a seller on eBay, who also has a website, selling this cloth. They have copied pictures from other sites to avoid showing that BAD copy. look for pictures with a watermark, and ask the seller if the cloth has a tag with the Salux logo, required material content and country of origin. Oh, did I mention the hideous colors? Sorry for sounding like a fanatic but I am when it comes to the Salux cloth.

67 out of 67 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I can't believe I've never tried this before. I read the reviews on MUA and decided to give it a go and I have to say MUAers are completely right about this! There is no way I can have a real shower without it. It's great for exfoliating your body, though it may be a bit rough the first couple of uses. You can also use this with both shower/bath gels or soap and it'll lather beautifully with minimum product. Plus it's machine wash safe, LOVE it. Recommending it to EVERYONE!

Oh and I checked eBay and I have to say they practically double the price on there, I bought mine for only $2.99 (as much as a scrub/loofah) and on eBay it's $5.98 not including shipping, so if you can find it locally at an Asian store I would suggest try looking there first before ordering.