October 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this, seriously. I'm a redhead but my brows are so dark! I tend to keep them on the thinner side because I'm really wary of bleaching them, and this pencil is perfect because it allows me to fill in any gaps with amazing precision. I love that I don't have to worry about using a sharpener with it and it comes in a few different shades so you can match pretty well. Love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have this in the black one and it's basically the same (shape and everything!) as mac's velvetone which is also amazing- but more expensive. get it!!! the shape of these unique brow pencils is what makes the brows look SUPER natural since it allows you to build the brow color more slowly and surely.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by skitty702

I have very thin sculpted brows and this gives me the precision and control I crave. I also love the fact I don't have to sharpen it. The other end I use to separate my eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is comparable to MAC's eyebrow crayon (pencil). The tip is the same size (as MAC's) and is self-propelling so there is no need for sharpening. It's also a little shorter I'm assuming I'm going to go through this faster.

Color wise, I have black hair and I am using this in Light Brown for Maybelline and Lingering in MAC (I have a tendency to be heavy handed at times, so this coloring works just fine for me) . Both Light Brown and Lingering are comprable as far as the color goes. However, I noticed that Light Brown is a tad bit on the warmer than Lingering, but not a lot. The product is also waxy (more than MAC's) which is nice as it holds hair in place. This product also comes with a brush at the other end. To me, a spooley would've been nicer than a mascara brush so the brush is pretty useless for me.

Overall, this is a nice product and a cheap alternative to MAC's. I paid $5.50 for this and $15.00 for MAC's.

Update as of 10/11/09: I went ahead and bought Medium Brown out of curiosity to see if the color is close to Lingering by MAC. Medium Brown does not have a warm tone like Light Brown and the color is exactly like Lingering! I'll be using this color from now on. I am definitely happy with this product, its consistency and most of all, the price. Let's just see how long one tube will last..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in soft black and it's a good muted black that looks natural amongst my black brows. The texture is quite soft so I'm going through this faster than I anticipated, but it's dry enough to last all day. I think this would be improved if the comb was replaced with a mascara type wand as the comb doesn't blend the colour into the rest of the brow very efficiently. I end up spending more time than I'd like combing over the colour to make sure it blends in OK.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by msimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love brow products, and I own quite a few. I like to change up what I use on occasion. My staples in the past have been LM Brow Definer - which is a very hard gel (I use this with Smashbox's brow brush - which is awesome because its so stiff). I also love Anastasia's brow pencil in Ultimate Brown. I read on the boards and seen in youtube videos that this pencil is pretty much bang on to Mac's Lingering brow pencil, so i thought - why not try it out? There were 2 shades available - Dark Blonde/Light Brown and a darker one. I picked the lighter one. This color matches my brows perfectly. Not too ashy, and no red tones. i love how its so thin which helps in creating a precise look. I find with pencils, you have to sharpen them before each use because the tip gets dull and flat and it doesnt make as clean of a line. I also love the built in comb on the other end - very handy to quickly shape brows after filling them in. Overall, I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very light brows that are grey and basically non-existent until I use this. I've been using this in dark brown for a long, long, long time and I'm still on my first pencil. I don't just draw it on however, I use a brush to grab the product and then brush it on my brows. It comes out much more natural that way. Staying power is pretty decent, my forehead is quite oily and even more so when it's hot and sweaty. The product stays on and fades slightly throughout the day.

I love that the brown is neutral, even though my hair is dark brown with a reddish tinge. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My brows are VERY sparse due to years of overplucking. Now they don't even grow. I pretty much don't look "right" until I have my brows on lol. I really like this brow pencil because it doesn't go on too harsh; however it is buildable. With light feather strokes you can achieve a very natural looking brow. I normally outline & lightly fill in with this; than add a bit of Smashbox brow-tech on top to give a bit more color. I have purchased this quite a few times & would def recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great pencil! Glides on easily and color payoff is really good. LOVE that it's a D/S item, hence, I can get it on sale!!!!!! I LOVE a bargin! So happy I didn't go to MAC in search of a brow pencil. THANKS MUA ladies for your help!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by abreve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brow liner! I have light, straight, somewhat wiry brow hairs [quite embarrassing] that were in need of some structure. This liner gives me darker color and even an arch, which I love! Combined with the Define-a-Brow gel the results are lovely and last all day!