Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 1/25/2010 3:05:00 AM

It really does last a long time! It has good color and goes on eyebrows easily and looks pretty natural. Very easy to apply! I only use it to fill in the outer tails of my eyebrows and a little bit of the top of eyebrow arch. Doesn't smudge and lasts all day. I have it in brown.

on 1/9/2010 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eb pencil! I was using macs prior to this but i lost it and bought this instead since im broke and it was on sale. I agree that the consistency of this is like macs and thin like theirs too. The only diff i see is the comb on the other end which is really useful for me esp when i trim my ebs.it lasts a good while too on my oily skin. Def repurchase!

update: so i purchased macs lately and there seems to be a difference in the formula- macs is a tad bit more stiff which makes it easier for me to draw thinner lines (and i like my ebs thin). mac wins but this is def an affordable alternative. still love it!

on 1/9/2010 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fantastic product. As a MUA who is eyebrow OBSESSED I have worked with literally every eyebrow powder, pencil, wax, gel, marker on the professional & consumer market. LOVED this product. Great alternative to the MAC brows & still cheaper after PPID discount. I have each colour in my brush belt. Won't replace my other products that I love (MAC powders, anastasia brow kit, a set of brow markers from Turkey) but it's perfect for when I need it.

on 1/3/2010 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I like the product itself. The super thin pencil gives you a very natural look, comparable to one that you would get from using a powder. I'm a natural blonde and was happy that they had a shade that was ashy enough for me to use (often times brow products are too warm/reddish for me). My biggest complaint, and reason for stating that I would not buy this again is that you use it up soooo quickly. I do have very sparse, but full in shape (does that make sense? once i fill them in they are full brows, as opposed to skinny) so each time I use this, I use up a lot of product. I found that I was re-purchasing this way more often than I wanted to be. I have since switched to using MAC's Omega eyeshadow (HUGE rave for blonde brows) and have been using the same pot for over a year. The effect is similar and its more cost efficient.

Like other reviewers say, this is the best alternative to MAC eyebrow pencils. It looks and performs really similar and it's way cheaper. I love this, and I'm glad I found my shade. I think this might be the only problem, that they don't have testers for shades. But honestly, it's so cheap you might pick up a couple and try them both or use them in combination. I give this a two thumbs up

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wonderful pencil for brows! Prior to discovering this product I was completely dedicated to my MAC brow pencil in Lingering. I now use the Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil in Medium Brown. Both shades are almost identicle. Medium Brown is a tad darker than Lingering but it's hardly noticeable. The consistency of both pencils feel identical. Define-a-Brow even seems to be longer lasting than MAC. I have combo/oily skin and when I use blotting sheets this stuff does not budge (while the MAC would transfer onto sheet). Define-a-Brow could definitely be used as a cheaper alternative to the MAC brow pencil. The price is great, and it's easily accessible at local drug stores. Try and enjoy!

on 12/2/2009 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i am onto my fourth pencil! this is the best thing that has ever happened to me!! the onyl problem i ave is that i dont like how the pencil doesnt retract. and the little comb on the end always ends up falling off but thats no major issue for me.
the colour matches my black eyebrows, i use the brown one. it looks very natural and doesnt write on too dark, so you can build on the colour. it is very long-lasting too, even when i sweat it stays on.
i am very pleased, i will continue to buy tthis product. it is half the price of a mac one and does the same job.

on 11/26/2009 9:33:00 PM

This is by far my favorite brow pencil. It blends easily and is very affordable. I also LOVE the comb- I have been using this over a spoolie ever since I got this pencil. The comb works great for grooming as well. I use it when trimming and it works great because I can lay the comb semi flat and it gives a perfect straight line. The consistency of the pencil is good because it's not too creamy where you put too much product on. If you like super creamy brow pencils, this may not be the product for you. Overall, great product!

on 11/18/2009 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I got this color in Dark Brown, and I was a little worried since most eyebrow pencils tend to look too dark for me, and strong. But this doesn't do that. It looks completely natural. Not to mention it lasts all day.

on 11/17/2009 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have this product in dark brown and it's the first brow pencil I have ever bought, and I love it! It's nice and pigmented, with a very thin applicator, making it great for precise brows. easy to use too, and doesnt tug onto my eyebrows like i've experienced with other eyebrow pencils. this isn't overly waxy either. It stays on all day too!

Popular Brows Products