Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 2/2/2010 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im very blond and finding a brow pencil that isnt too much for me is hard! I bought this in a lil promo package with two pencils in it. I liked it very much but I was VERY unimpressed at how little was in it. Personally I would rather pay more and get more than have to buy a new one every two weeks. Guess I just need to pick up more than one at a time.

on 2/1/2010 7:31:00 PM

These e/b pencils are the best thing Maybelline sells! I lovedMac "Flatter" e/b pencil& it was dc'd so I picked 2 of the light blonde Maybelline versions when I had a coupon&breathed a sigh of relief.The only downside is that there is less product so they don't last as long but there is always a coupon or a BOGO so who cares!

on 2/1/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

SO these are pretty much dupes for MAC Brow.

I try to tell everyone that picks up Define-a-brow a couple things:

MAC brow gives you .003oz of product
Maybelline gives you .001oz of product

Mac Brow is $15
Maybelline varies by store/BOGO etc. around me it's around $7 each

SO unless you are paying $5 or less for Maybelline then you are actually paying more $ for less product.

IF you pick them up on BOGO's or you can find them for less than $5 in your area - only then is it "cheaper than MAC".

so the potential savings is there - but not always :)

Light Blonde is a cross between Fling and Lingering - it's an adequate dupe for both colors. Fling is more ashy than light blonde - which is slightly more warm undertoned.
Dark Blonde is very neutral - no red in it.
Medium brown is warm brown - a bit darker than lingering.
Dark Brown is a dark neutral/cool brown

Mac's formula is slightly better i.e. it's creamierbut not greasy
Maybelline is a slightly dryer/waxier )

I like this style of brow product you don't have to sharpen it or have a separate brush.

But honestly - I can only understand buying Define-a-brow if it is a better color match for your hair.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm on my 4th pencil. I love this better than the brow powder. Not too waxy and the colour choices are great.

on 1/28/2010 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've never used a nicer brow pencil. Love this! The stick is very thin so even the tails of your brows are perfect and precise. The formula draws on nicely to correct shape or fill in sparse areas easily. The colors do run a bit dark though, I have dark auburn hair and use dark blonde. I only wish that it had a spoolie instead of comb on the end. That is my only complaint. I do wish that the product lasted a little longer, but then the stick would have to be thicker or longer, not good. I get 3 months or so of daily usage. Truly my HG brow pencil. I bought this after lusting after Tarte's pencils on HSN or QVC and don't lem those at all after using this product for nearly 2 years.

on 1/28/2010 5:47:00 PM

I bought this pencil because I had run out of my favorite Za eyebrow pencil which became discontinued in the US and I was desperate. A friend recently traveled to Asia and bought me several of my Za pencils so I quickly threw this one to the side. After a few days of use, I switched back! I love this maybelline pencil so much more! It's skinnier than the Za one, therefore there's more precision, I like the consistency, and it's cheaper! It also lasts a pretty long time (I've had it for a couple months now and use it everyday). The only negative thing I would have to say about this is that I don't like or use the comb that is on the end. The Za pencil I used to use had a brush on the end. I still use the brush to soften my eyebrows after drawing them in so they don't look so harsh and then I apply MAC omega eyeshadow over it with an angle brush. I love it!

on 1/26/2010 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have very sparse eyebrows so I resort to filling them in. I love this pencil because it's thin and I like that you don't need a pencil sharpener. It lasts for a long time, but when I go out I like to add a little powder shadow on top to really make it last.

on 1/25/2010 3:05:00 AM

It really does last a long time! It has good color and goes on eyebrows easily and looks pretty natural. Very easy to apply! I only use it to fill in the outer tails of my eyebrows and a little bit of the top of eyebrow arch. Doesn't smudge and lasts all day. I have it in brown.

on 1/9/2010 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eb pencil! I was using macs prior to this but i lost it and bought this instead since im broke and it was on sale. I agree that the consistency of this is like macs and thin like theirs too. The only diff i see is the comb on the other end which is really useful for me esp when i trim my ebs.it lasts a good while too on my oily skin. Def repurchase!

update: so i purchased macs lately and there seems to be a difference in the formula- macs is a tad bit more stiff which makes it easier for me to draw thinner lines (and i like my ebs thin). mac wins but this is def an affordable alternative. still love it!

on 1/9/2010 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fantastic product. As a MUA who is eyebrow OBSESSED I have worked with literally every eyebrow powder, pencil, wax, gel, marker on the professional & consumer market. LOVED this product. Great alternative to the MAC brows & still cheaper after PPID discount. I have each colour in my brush belt. Won't replace my other products that I love (MAC powders, anastasia brow kit, a set of brow markers from Turkey) but it's perfect for when I need it.

Popular Brows Products