April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by citygirl1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of Maybelline. I decided to try this brow pencil because I didn't feel like spending ANOTHER $14.00 at MAC for their brow pencil in Spiked, I needed something new!

What I loved about this pencil is...everything! The shade wasn't too red or too brown like most of their brow pencils are, it glides on really well. The finish is really nice. Despite the pencil itself being a little thinner than the retractable MAC has, this one actually gave my brows a more precise look.

The only downside is that there is not enough product in the tube, so when I run out, I will have to buy two at a time. Other than that, I will repurchase this! :D

***Update 12/13/13***

Fast forward a few years later and I have to say I've developed a love/dislike relationship with this product. Since I am living a far minimalist-driven life, I don't buy a lot of expensive makeup products anymore, and I've always used this because I can multi-task with it as well. I only used the Dark Brown shade only for my brows, the red-ness still comes through...a bit...but if I subtly define my brows it does not look so bad. AND...I still get compliments as well, so that's cool, did I also mention you TWO or the price of ONE?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Heatherlikes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is comparable to the anastasia eyebrow pencils. I used to use anastasia's medium ash, and with this, I use dark blonde (which is less ashy, more warm). The color goes on very subtle, so you don't have to worry about having akward, too dark eyebrows. I like the comb at the end more than the bristle type b/c it's easier to clean.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 5:37:00 AM More reviews by leia989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased much more expensive brow pencils before from the makeup counter. In desperation after I had my hair dyed dark, I picked this up in target for "the meantime" until I made it to the department store. I was so impressed, it made me rethink all my expensive makeup purchases! It went on very smoothly, and had a little comb on one end (something my clinique definer doesn't have!). I bought a 2nd one before the first ran out because I liked it so much I was worried what I would do without one around!

Only downside is I wish there were more colors to chose from.

I had my brows tinted recently so no longer need it except maybe between tint treatments. Seriously the best brow definer I've ever bought.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 8:07:00 AM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So there's been a lot of comparison to the eyebrow crayons by MAC... They both don't need sharpening because you just twist them up, and they are both the thin-lead type. The colors are pretty close too. I use Spiked regularly and the dark brown seems to be a good match. Anyway, the reason I will continue to purchase MAC is that although this appears to be a better value, there's actually a lot less product than MAC pencils. These have .001 of product while MAC has .003. But the real kicker is that the product in these pencils is SO soft, I find myself having to twist up the liner 5 or 6 times every application. Needless to say, you BLOW through this product. Would I use it again, sure. The product is very similar to MAC except for the fact that you have to use a lot more to get the same result. If you can't get to a MAC counter, then by all means this will work for you. But if you think you're saving money by buying this, think again. I got this buy one get one free, and I'm still a pencil short of how much comes in one MAC pencil, and I've only paid a few dollars less for something that gets used up much more quickly.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by stldivastyle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i actually like this better than my MAC pencil in spiked. it goes on much lighter and looks more natural to me. i caught it on sale at Walgreens so i was able to get them 2 for the price of 1 which was great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by midge55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was using the Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer, which I liked, except that I find it is too thick to make thin brow filling lines -- when I read the reviews for the Maybelline product, I thought I would try it --- and it is GREAT - very thin so I can fill in small sparse areas and it really does have staying power. The comb on the end isn't useful, but I already have a brow brush. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by missin

Great brow pencil, I'll be sticking with this forever! :-P I have it in a Dark Brown.

Very thin tip, which provides a great brow line and very precise. The only downfall that I heard is that it tends to break easily. Define-A-Brow provides a precise brow, and perfect colour match. It stays on throughout the whole day (I also set it with a brow gel though).

Very cheap! I paid $8 for mine; I used to use Annabelle previously (which does not even measure up to this one!)

Go and buy it! Its a great brow liner, and you wont regret it.. Just don't press too hard or it might break :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

This is a great brow pencil. It is an automatic pencil so no sharpener is needed. The formula is good, and long wearing. I went swimming with this on and it stayed put. I was really surprised by that, and my sis asked me the other day what I was using on my brows with because she thought they looked so good. Its a great buy for the price too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by kimby83

i really liked this product i have a mac eye brow pen. and i have to say i like them pretty equal the mac 1 did last longer but i love the comb on the end of this and it looks a little more natural than the mac 1 but both are pretty sweet love them

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by chrissystyles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Eh. It crumbles at least 3 times every time I try to apply. Waste of money. Don't even use the comb on the end. The color was a good match but I'd rather spend $4 more for a quality item that won't break 1" off every time I use.