October 23, 2014 | 1841 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Nordie44

Wow! This stuff is absolutely amazing! I'm not sure if it only works with UD eyeshadows but that's what I've worn it with so far. I put my eyeshadow on at 7:30 am and it looks the same by 8:00 at night. When the sales person told me it was amazing, I was doubtful. I've never had much luck with a primer and normally just forgo it. But after using this for the past few days, I'm a believer! The 24/7 eyeliner from UD stays on all day too. No smudging or creasing. Love this primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by jafairfax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! It did not crease my eyeshadow and I had it on all day until 3am. I admit it did crease a bit near the end but I had been sitting in a warm room full of people for a few hours.

The downside to this product is the packaging. There's a month's worth of product left inside that you can't get to unless you cut it open. Because of this I switched to Too Faced Insurance but does not work if you have oily eyelids (I do!). My eyeshadow creased after half a day. So I ended up going back to Urban Decay Primar Potion. I love it except for the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Mees

Great stuff. It increases the pigmentation of the eyeshadows. My eyeshadows don't budge at all for the whole entire day even though I have a pretty deep crease! You just need a really thin coat of this because if you place too much, it'll be hard to blend the eye shadow. Got a really good deal for two of these in a set at the duty free shop.. I've been using my first bottle for the longest time.. so I'm not disappointed in the price at all. The product is fabulous.. although alot of people complained about not getting the whole product out of it.. I haven't gotten near the end at all yet.. so it's going to be a while before i saw this bad boy down. All in all.. i love the product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by TiaR

Okay, so you're reading these reviews wondering if this product works. YES, it works! Just buy it. Your eyeshadow will look great.
BUT BUYERS BEWARE: THE PACKAGING WASTES SO MUCH PRODUCT. As a budget-based student who didn't want to shell out $20 for a new fricking primer, I thought "hey, I wonder how much is still left if I opened it up". And OH MY GOD---one pair of pliers and a long toothpick later, I filled up 1 and a 1/2 EDM sample jars. Okay, now, one EDM sample jars for the *entire face* if used daily lasts a week and a half. I'm only using this on my eyelids. I think I just got an extra 4-6 months of Primer Potion. And to think I was going to throw it out! I wonder if UD knows how much product is wasted. Probably. Because honestly, if you don't "salvage" the extra stuff left with some pliers, this will last you four months (it did for me). That's what, $60 a year to prime my eyelids? Nooo thanks. I need to buy a house one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by grcst9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a huge problem with eyeshadow (even good eyeshadow) creasing. This solved that problem like magic. Bottom line: it works. Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the eye primer potion almost every day. I have oily eyelids and have tried numerous products in order to get the shadow to stop creasing or running off - this product is the only one that has been able to stop the creasing and makes my eyeshadow last all day. I wore it the day of my wedding and I didn't have to worry about touch ups. For anyone who has oily eyelids I highly recommend this product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonmon

this primer suits me better than the too faced shadow insurance.. i like how my e/s stays on longer with no crease and smudges! this product is amaaaaazing :) what i dont like about it is the applicator/container.. i prefer the too faced squeeze tube though ><

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by heatherpl

I prefer Too Faced shadow insurance over this, because i tried udpp a couple times to get me to like it but it aint happening. everytime i apply it on my lids and then let it dry and apply my shadows they always turn out matte looking, chalky or ugly looking. i wont but this again. I also tried applying this under shimmer shadows and when i applied any shimmer or glitter shadows it like made the shimmerness or glitterness go away it didnt show up. i am guessing its just a weird combo with my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by nikibelletx

I adore this product. It really helps my eyeshadow last longer, and it gives a boost to the pigment as well so I don't have to use as much. You don't need to use much at all, so it lasts FOREVER. A trick I read on here really helps with that as well--when it starts to get low, just pop off the little clear plastic stopper thing on the top and there's A LOT more product accessible. A little funny business going on with the packaging, I'd say, which is why I give it only a 2 rating for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by iluvmac2

This product is definatley a grade A. I have been using a primer that I bought in Target for a long time and my makeup would wear out so fast and I never knew why. after reading reviews here, I ran out and bought it at Sephora. It really is wonderful! unlike my old primer, it is not greasy or oily or makes my lids feel heavy. It's light and durable (in these sense that is lasts all day!) it really does! Usually, my make up creases and wears out by the afternoon and my eyes look tired. This primer is EXCELLENT! it doesnt crease my makeup. my makeup lasts ALL day. My makeup lasted through a rainy day and a sweaty work out at the gym and it was just as colorful at the end of the day as it was when I applied it.

The ONLY thing i hate about this is the packaging. It's really stupid. It would have been better if it was in a put or a squeeze tube. But I dont like the applicator it comes with nor the bottle. it just makes it difficult to get the stuff out and apply. I just smudge some on my eyelids and use a brush to smooth it out.