April 19, 2014 | 1099 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Suchan

Holy moly. Where have you been all my life? I've used eyeshadow for over three decades now and have had to deal with creases all that time. I used UDPP for the first time today and . . . the shadow stayed put all day. I was still checking at 8:00pm, and it looked good. The reputation of this product is well-deserved. BTW, I got it with a 20% coupon at Ulta yesterday - run out and get this product this week for $12!

EDIT: I've used UDPP for two weeks now, and I'm still impressed. Get this - I use it under my eyes, and now my pencil liner stays put - amazing!!! That has never happened to me. I was ready to throw out my pencils until I tried this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by cetati

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth every penny.. I'm down to my last sample jar of the stuff (I decanted it a while ago), but this thing has lasted me something ridiculous like 5-6 months. I predict about a 7-8 month lifetime of this. A little goes a long way. I use it every day as a base and I never go without it. MAC paint pots on their own will crease on me over time or make my liner slide around.. but UDPP will make it stay put.

Smudging a bit of UDPP around my lower lash line and especially in the outer corner of my eyes has helped me avoid the "raccoon eye" look amazingly. I get 12 hours of wear out of this.. and that's the longest I've ever tried it. I'm pretty sure it can keep going for 15, 20 hours if I felt like wearing make up for that long.

Packaging sucks and I gave it a 1, but that's hardly an issue considering how great this product is. It's worth every penny of the price AND the half an hour I spent decanting it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by yellowcars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think the packaging is really cute but its a hassle to have to cut it up and find soo much more product left. but overall i think this primer is amazing, my eyeshadows does not crease like ever before(:
the texture is also super creamy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by miz16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Add me to the list of happy customers for this product. It actually works. Keeps my eye shadow in place all day. I can't find any faults with it other than what others have said about it being hard to get all the product out of the bottom of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by firfy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product and nice packaging. I really like the consistency of this primer and find it to be super effective. It is portable and lasts a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by missytease

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

today was the first time i ever used this primer and it sucks... it was drying on the lid and my eyeshadow actually creased. im not sure if i put too much product or what but for now im giving it 2 lippies. will update when i run out of the sample tube.

Edit::: primer continued to crease so i gave it away. i really wanted to like it but it wasn't what i was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by mukhy0

I really like the way the eyeshadow stays on my eyelids all day with this product. It makes the colors vibrant and lasts forever. I haven't bought another tube because it is incredibly drying on the upper lid. I'm still looking for a moisturizer for the dry skin. Another problem I have with this product is the packaging. You can't use all the product in the tube. I think I probably ended up throwing away 1/4 of the primer because I couldn't get to it. I really love the way my eyeshadow looks with the primer, but it just isn't worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Wet n Wild cream eye shadow as a base for a few years now, but I wanted to try out some new looks and found that this cream shadows changed the color of my MAC shadows in a bad way so I decided I would get this, the so called 'best of the best'..I don't know how oily my lids are exactly, but my face is extremely oily so I assume my lids are as well lol..Anyways, I'm going to fool around with this some more, but with this primer I got slight creasing after only about 7 1/2 hours, which isn't too bad I guess (could be worse) but I am out of the house for 12 hours some days and wish it would last that long. It creased near the inner corners of my eyes- where I didn't expect it to! I also noticed some fading.
*update*
So I decided to be more optimistic about this product, the creasing I saw was very minimal so I would say my eyemakeup looks decent for about 8-81/2 hours. After 9 hours I notice fading, especially wear I apply MAC's carbon eyeshadow. Because I'm so oily, I guess I can't complain with my results, without any primer my eyeshadow creases and fades after 2 hours..However, before buying this I watched a girl on youtube say it makes her eyeshadow last 11+ hours PERFECTLY, so I guess I expected a little too much :-( Will experiment with different colors of eyeshadows and report back.
*update again*
So I had to stop using UDPP because after about a week I noticed tiny tiny tiny bumps all over my lids (not positive from the UDPP but it could be the culprit) and my lids were extremely dry and veiny looking. I decided to get TFSI and while that feels more comfortable, UDPP still works better. Might try it again in a few weeks, but I think TFSI still works fine as an alternative if you can't put up with UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, but hate the packaging! My eyeshadow stay put, the color gets more vibrant and it blends easily:) Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sunkissedbaby00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this so much that I decided to make it my first MUA review! I'm not sure how I lived without this, and I hope that I never have to. Until I tried UDPP, I always had creased e/s within an hour of application. It's been over two years since I originally purchased UDPP, and I'll never apply e/s without it again. I also use it on days that I'm not wearing e/s to act as a "concealer" for my slightly bluish eyelids. My only complaint is the packaging - it is very hard to get every bit of product out of the genie-like bottle. I'm willing to forgive UD for that since the PP is so amazing!
EDIT 2.2.10 - I am removing a lippie due to packaging. I recently removed the inner plastic seal on this and found that there is a TON of product still in the tube after you think it is empty. I've literally gotten another two months (and still going!) of usage out of this since I thought it was empty and removed the seal. Not acceptable UD! You need to drop the bottle and move on to a squeezable tube like TFSI!!