August 1, 2014 | 1180 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by _Vivica

Love. This is probably my favorite product out of everything I own. I've passed out cold in my makeup and woken up the next day at 2 in the afternoon with my eyeshadow still there and not creased. Meanwhile the mascara and everything else was smeared so bad I looked like The Joker. I also figured out that if I take the wand out and bang the tube against a sharp edge it knocks some off the product off the side. I've had one tube for almost a year and doing that I havn't had to cut it open.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only primer I've tried, so I can't compare it to Two Faced Shadow Insurance as a lot of people do.

This works perfectly in terms of keeping shadow from creasing. It makes my lids very silky so the shadow comes out really even and there is no creasing whatsoever, even after 12+ hours. You have to rub it in immediately after you apply it or it becomes really tacky and hard to spread, so only do one eye at a time. The only problem I have with this is sometimes I get little dry patches, usually on the outer corners of my lids, and they're impossible to rub in; they are like patches of dried glue. This only happens if I don't put moisturizer on my eyelids. The bottle, by the way, is the cutest packaging ever, but I know it wastes a lot of product, so for that I have to give it a poor rating.

I'll probably want to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance next, especially because cutting open UDPP's bottle seems like such a pain. But overall I'm really impressed with how this keeps my makeup in place, which is what I got it for!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by salsabrosa

I was pretty excited about this when I first started using it. This was the first eye primer I tried due to all the products raves on YouTube.

After using it for a while, I noticed how it dried out the skin on my lids horribly, and I have VERY oily lids. With time I also found it extremely hard to apply on my lids. Not sure if it's because I've had the bottle for a few months already so maybe the product has dried out a bit??? Which is pretty disappointing.

All in all, it controls my the oil on my lids, makes the eyeshadow stick and last, but completely dries out my lids and is very hard to blend.

I will stick to Too Faced Shadow Insurance which DOESN'T dry out my lids and is much easier to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by nintastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only eyeshadow base I've ever used, so I can't really compare it with the other ones on the market. I do know that it does wonders as far as reducing creases and extending the wear of my eyeshadows, and that in itself makes it a worthwhile purchase for me. Totally worth the hype.

The packaging is pretty, although it does become a pain in the butt when you start running low on the product. Taking the stopper out definitely works, and is a lot less complicated than slicing the bottle open-- I usually save that as a last resort. I've been told that they're developing new packaging for it (similar to Too Faced Shadow Insurance packaging- the squeezy tube) but I don't know when that's supposed to go into effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by stomishi

I used this before and wasn't wild about it. I am going to give it another try, because I realize the importance of an eye shadow base. I think that I am going to do tests of this vs. other primers on the other eye. To be determined...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by idontknowmomo

Use this everyday, with a colored base over it. Makes shadow last all day long, but it doesn't seem to be any more vibrant.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kmeverson

I REALLY wanted to love this product as much as everyone else loves it. I don't find this works exceedingly better than concealer and powder; maybe a bit better. When I use UDPP and MAC's painterly paint pot, nothing moves. That being said, the paint pot doesn't do this by itself either. The combination of the two works wonders for me. So, while UDPP alone is not wildly successful for me, it is in combination with the paint pot. I'll definitely continue to use the two together.

Someone has GOT to do something about this genie bottle. The magic really is how you get everything out of the bottle, even after surgery.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by 10amald3

I decided to try this product after i began wearing eyeshadow and all my shadows would crease after a while or rub off all together. To me it is rather expensive, but if you think about it all you need is one swipe so it will last you forever. It goes on smooth and transparent, the shadow stays on forever without creasing and the colors are so vibrant. I don't have any problems blending as some people argue. I love the bottle design but its not very practical. I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

LOVE. i always do smokey eyes when I go out, this just brings out the color more and stays all night ! LOVEE . but the bottle does suck.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by emyj

goes without saying the packaging sucks. you would think they would have picked up on customer's complaints/suggestions of this error..especially since it's obviously a hot selling item. i cant believe they even put out the new PP in the same exact container. they must be packaging it like this on purpose so that we must buy more! i know i will.