November 22, 2014 | 1145 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Dumbfresh

This product is great and the packaging is adorable but not functional. If you dont cut the packaging open you lose about 2/3rds of it in the nooks and crannies but when i cut it open it got crumbs from the tube in it! if they can only redo the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by wendya40

Run, do not walk, to your nearest retailer to purchase this product! I have oily eyelids and sparse eyebrows. I apply some of this to my eyelid and around my brow area. By the end of the night, my eye make-up and my brows are still perfect. It's amazing! I have used tons of primers; this stuff is the bomb. I like it so much, that I will be giving it to all my female relatives and friends on gift giving occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Kyakimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this base! I put 3 dots of this stuff over my eye, and one underneath, and it takes care of everything. No smell, moderate price, but depending on how much you use shadow, it lasts a while. I love the packaging as well! Such a cute little bottle! =]

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by maxlightmusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily eyelids. around 30 minutes after applying any sort of eyeshadow, it starts to crease and becomes a gross oily mess. When I used this under my eyeshadow, I was amazed that after 8 hours, my eyeshadow was still in place, the colour was still vibrant and, it's just amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by bathgirl803

This is the first eye makeup base I use. I am very happy with the result: helps eye shadows stay longer, makes the colors more vibrant. It still creases after applying makeup for whole day in the summer. But overall this is an amazing product. The only complain is the packaging. It would be SO much better if it comes in a tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by hairxcore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I heard the rave about this I had to buy it myself to try it. It was the first primer I had ever gotten, & i thought it would be my last. It wasn't bad- I actually loved it. No creasing, brighter eyeshadow, & longer lasting. HOWEVER, the product ran out quickly even after I cut it open! I now use macs paint, & it has lasted me twice as long so far, & i still have only used half of it because you only need a small amount, because it spreads from the oils of your fingers. Saying that, it is cheaper in the long run, A LOT cheaper! Plus I honestly like it just as good as UDPP. Sure, it isn't AS bright, but I can't even notice when I tried using UDPP on one eye & the paint on the other. it's much more worth it to buy the paint rather than UDPP IMO.
try macs paint if you're not sure, it will last a long time even if you don't like it as much, so it really is so much more worth it & less expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have super oily eyelids and have tried other primers with little luck. I have always loved Urban Decay's makeup and I had never tried UDPP so when they had the 2 for $25 I scooped it up. It's creamy, silky and dries quickly. However, it just doesn't work for me. It dries my eyelids out, makes them irritated and itchy and doesn't keep my shadow on. I suppose my search will continue. I won't purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by mtycer

I received a deluxe sample of this primer potion and even though that packaging is slightly better than the normal sized primer packaging, you won't be able to get very much product out of the packaging without 'depotting it'--which basically means hacking it open! I do love the primer though--goes on well, and really keeps my eyeshadow on for hours and hours. I have terribly oily eyelids and this really works for at least 6 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, you could fry potato chips on my eyelids they're so oily. That said, this stuff is a dream. I came in on Mardi Gras from a sweaty night of dancing and not a single smudge. The only places where it smudged was where water from my eyes got onto my eyelid, but that's no fault of the UDPP. This stuff is the truth, and if you've got oily lids like me and paint pots don't work, give this a try. I've never tried Shadow Insurance because this stuff is my HG eye base. It's just a smidge too light for my complexion, but once I start putting on eyeshadows, it doesn't matter.

I only took off 1 lippie because of the PACKAGING? What??? If I'm paying $17 for a product, you'd better believe that I expect to get my money's worth. Has anyone complained to Urban Decay yet? This actually makes me so mad that I'm going to go email them about it now (as if they haven't heard the complaints by now). I suggest you all do the same. Anyway, great product, HORRIBLE packaging and would only repurchase if packaging was modified.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am Asian, med-fair skin w/yellow undertones and I really like this product. It goes on very smooth with a silky finish and my shadows go on with a richer color and stays on all day. It does not get crepy on my "older" skin.

As posters have suggested, I removed all the contents from it's cute little bottle. I could not believe how much of it was tucked inside the little tube! So if you do buy this product, do yourself a favor and get your money's worth and check out youtube for instructions on how to remove product from the tube! It was not difficult at all and I think it was worth the 5 minutes it took me!

Edited on 12/2009: I am still using the original product after 10 months! I found that adding just a drop or two of water softens this so a workable consistancy. Love this product and worth the money and effort of extracting it from it's original bottle!