April 17, 2014 | 1924 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Until recently I did not spend alot of time w/shadows. More of a eyeliner and mascara kind of girl. But I didn't know how many options using a primer could give you. Shadow lasts all day. Colors that I thought would not show on my skin actually looked as great on as the did in their containers. Very pleased. HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I've never reviewed this product! Its a staple and a HG for me--as it is to many. I've used this since it came out and have repurchased at least 4 times since then. I don't use it daily because I often use long lasting cream shadow and simply don't feel the need for the UDPP on those days--so its lasts a while for me. I do find that if I wear it very often it does start to dry my lids a bit, but not horribly bad. This stuff keeps my makeup on during a 5 hour show (I'm a singer in a band!) with no smudges and very little wear. I love and need this stuff and I will continue to use it and plan on buying the new Sin version! Yay! Love live UDPP!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Luquinb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer! My eyelids used to get very greasy and nasty! But with this...its just the best. My eyeshadow NEVER creases. I can go dancing and my eyeshadow looks like I just applied it. Love this stuf!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by celluloide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was recommended to me as I have very oily eyelids and it does a perfect job in ensuring my eyeshadow stay on my lids and doesn't crease through out the day. I take most of my make up off when I get home and my eyeshadow still looks as good as it did when I first applied it that morning.
As the other reviewers have mentioned, the flawed design of the packaging means that most of the product is wasted unless one breaks upon the bottle to extract the remain primer but, other than that, it is truly fantastic. I am perfectly happy with it for the present.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kmelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a mini Primer Potion with the Sustainable Shadow Box for free, so I can't say anything about the price or the packaging. Either way, Urban Decay is really hard to find in Greece, Sephora stocks very few items and they haven't brought the full size Primer Potion yet. When my mother brought this for me from the UK as a Christmas gift, I was more excited about trying the primer more than the eyeshadows!
I'm not really happy with this primer. It goes on dry on my eyelids and even though my eyeshadow lasts for about 6 hours, it will crease. I use the Art Deco eyeshadow primer usually and this allows my eyeshadow to last for about 10-12 hours and very little creasing after that.
I really wanted to like this as I've heard so much about how good it is, but it just didn't wow me.
Edit: I think it is causing a small flare-up of eczema next to my eyelid. Not happy about this, I have lowered the rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by manukatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love the texture of this primer, it goes sooooo smooth on my lids. i have to say that i didnt try too faced shadow insurance by now, i only used prep and prime be4 i came to UDPP. prep and prime (mac) did not give me the feeling that priming my eyes would make a big difference in my everyday eyemakeup routine...to be honest i did not see the advantage in using it...not with this product- works great- i already fell in love--> actually i am now going to order my second bottle...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by tvartdiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If "Crazy Glue" had a formula for shadow primer this is it!
Budgeproof, crease/greaseproof, waterproof, bulletproof, flameresistant, and dare I say it makes the bad girl all-nighter forgiveable. I won't bore newcomers with rants about the old packaging as it is now in a squeezy tube so crisis averted. While on the set I always foundation and powder all, lids included, this thin formula over the top prior to shadow is a genie in a tube. Works great with MAC -Painterly or any other Paintpot- love the powerful canvas of these two together! I've tried so many over the years, some seem great until they hit the lights or heat/humidity...but this little soldier is tops! I've even used it around lip lines on some clients to prevent feathering. "Urban Decay" who would have thought the company with lipstick names like "gash" could make something so gosh darn serious?? **As a TV/Film union artist, I will not endorse any product I do not truly believe in.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Lampa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance now due to the better package I still love this product. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Suchan

Holy moly. Where have you been all my life? I've used eyeshadow for over three decades now and have had to deal with creases all that time. I used UDPP for the first time today and . . . the shadow stayed put all day. I was still checking at 8:00pm, and it looked good. The reputation of this product is well-deserved. BTW, I got it with a 20% coupon at Ulta yesterday - run out and get this product this week for $12!

EDIT: I've used UDPP for two weeks now, and I'm still impressed. Get this - I use it under my eyes, and now my pencil liner stays put - amazing!!! That has never happened to me. I was ready to throw out my pencils until I tried this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by cetati

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth every penny.. I'm down to my last sample jar of the stuff (I decanted it a while ago), but this thing has lasted me something ridiculous like 5-6 months. I predict about a 7-8 month lifetime of this. A little goes a long way. I use it every day as a base and I never go without it. MAC paint pots on their own will crease on me over time or make my liner slide around.. but UDPP will make it stay put.

Smudging a bit of UDPP around my lower lash line and especially in the outer corner of my eyes has helped me avoid the "raccoon eye" look amazingly. I get 12 hours of wear out of this.. and that's the longest I've ever tried it. I'm pretty sure it can keep going for 15, 20 hours if I felt like wearing make up for that long.

Packaging sucks and I gave it a 1, but that's hardly an issue considering how great this product is. It's worth every penny of the price AND the half an hour I spent decanting it.