Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/14/2009 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this thing! works get as a setting for my eyeshadow but i wish the packaging was a little different cause it doesnt seem llike this will last me very long since i always use a base for my shadows..but we'll see. so far so good!

on 4/14/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I have shied away from eyeshadow from fear that a few hours later, that it would have traveled to my cheekbones and made a mess of my eyelids. The potion primer is quite the miraculous lifesaver if that is your problem!
I was one of THOSE girls whose black eyeliner always smudged, and just ended up wiping it all off. I had no idea how smudge-proof it really was at first (or that it took a little while for it to dry), I accidentally blinked with liquid liner, leaving a splotch on my crease and it didn't budge, no amount of rubbing or water could remove it. The staying power is quite amazing 9+ hrs, even if you're working up a sweat! It intensifies the eyeshadow colour. A little primer goes a long way.
After applying the primer, most of the time I have to use my fingers to blend it into my skin or it leaves a cakey edge. Don't have much to complain about it.

My eyelids are as oily as oily gets :)

on 4/14/2009 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow - I am in awe of this products amazing powers!!!!

I have heard about UDPP for years around here and god knows why i didn't buy it sooner. I've never been an "eyeshadow person" so I never got it. (duh, the reason I've never been an eyeshadow person is exactly why I should have bought this years ago!!!!)

I've always suffered from oily eyelids - to the extreme that 5 min after eyeshadow application it creased, 30 min after it looked embarassing, and 2 hours later it was a greasy ugly smear. I'm talking bad. This stuff ROCKS... for the first time in my life i can apply eyeshadow and it looks like it's supposed to look, not only 5 or 30 minutes later, but 12, 15 hours later!!!!!!!!!! :-o!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy it now!!!!! Buy buy buy!!!!!!!!!

on 4/14/2009 9:35:00 AM

Despite the slightly awkward packaging and 9 price tag in the UK, I can't fault the product overall. It does exactly what you hope for- loooong staying power, evening/mattifying skin tone etc. Love this.

on 4/14/2009 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HEART this!!

on 4/14/2009 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

lovvveeeeee it!

on 4/14/2009 1:31:00 AM

This primer potion is amazing. Like a lot of the reviewers, I also have oily skin too, and this product worked great on my eyelids. The eyeshadow stuck to my eyes very well. The only downfall about this is it's packaging. It's a cute genie bottle, but there is no way of getting all of what you paid for. Otherwise, great product, I will be purchasing again.

on 4/12/2009 12:53:00 PM

I have OILY skin and my eye makeup normally is coming off after a couple hours. This stuff keeps it ON all night, into the morning and then some!! I can't live without it!!!

on 4/11/2009 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My fav Primer!UDPP is not a base,It is a 'colourless' primer,which will prevent CREASING of the e/s..you apply creamy bases on top of a primer,so that they dont crease..UDPP works great as a primer,especially for oily lids and since it is colourless,it wont make e/s pop or make it vibrant,which is common sense i guess..that is what colourful bases are for..the only flaw is packagin,which everyone is aware of and tons of youtube vids will show how to de-pot/de-can them..I just place the bottle in warm water for 5 mins,and this helps to get the primer out of the curvy edges of the tube..Love this primer...will def repurchase!Highly recommend..

on 4/10/2009 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i picked this up after seeing the constant raves for it on the boards, and returned it to Sephora just as quick as I bought it! Fast forward a few months, and after seeing the continued raves, decided once again, to pick this up and give it another whirl ... and then, with zero regrets, quickly swapped this out for something useful. I honestly don't understand the hype about UD Primer Potion. Don't get me wrong .. I love Urban Decay overall and have loads of their stuff .. but Primer Potion just didn't live up to the hype. For starters, the packaging sucks .. the product itself seemed runny (both times) and was very sheer. What I usually look for in a shadow base is something to even out my lid and provide a good foundation to apply shadow on. Primer potion definitely didn't do any of the above. It seemed like it took entirely too long to set/dry, and was a sheer veil of nothingness on my lids. I've had a couple mini's from various palettes, and quickly swapped those off just as fast .. and went right back to my MAC paints and paint pots.

Video Reviews & Tutorials