November 21, 2014 | 1669 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by princessbb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I finally tried this with a deluxe sample from Sephora and after only two days of using it, I bought the full sized item. I normally use MAC paint pots as a base to my eyeshadow, but was still having oils and creasing on my lids by midday.

Now my eyeshadow stays fresh looking all day and never creases. I can run my finger over my lid at anytime and have that silky feeling. This stuff really is amazing. It goes on smoothe and you only need a tiny amount to blend over your lid. I sometimes use this as a base alone, but most the time I use it first with my MAC paint pot over it to really have a flawless base to whatever shadows I am using.

The price is good for what it accomplishes and although I have heard many people complain about the packaging...I think the pretty purple and silver "genie" bottle is adorable and there seems to be quite a bit of product in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by whisperedmayhem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh lawdy, I didn't know what I was missing out on until I bought my PP! I'm anxious to see what happens when it starts running low... but so far, I absolutely love it. (However, it would also probably be helpful to know that I've tried no other primers besides this one!)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by SixPomegranateSeeds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Works great, not worth the price because of the horrible wasteful packaging. I will be trying Too Faced Eye Insurance soon, and hopefully it works as well as UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by meggers889

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked really well. It kept on my make up and worked as a great base. However, it was fairly expensive. There are other products such as plain foundation that works just as well as this.
But, overall, it is a great product. I would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by singalong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alright I'm in love with this primer! I love the way the packaging look a cute little purple potion but as most of you know you'll have to open it up to get the rest of the product. I have yet to come to that point but so far to me it's so worth the time to get to the rest product. My eyelids are grease pits that made it imposible to wear eyeshadow no matter what quality it would crease in a hour. But now my eyeshadow will last at least 10 hours and at the first sign of a crease I go over it with a brush and problem fixed for at least a couple more hours. Wow great product I'll buy it for the rest of my life I hope urban decay never stops making this heavenly primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ab5inth7

What should I say? This stuff is amazing!
I have tried various types of primers until now - although I still have to get my hands on the Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance - and I must say: UDPP is the way to go.
Not only it prevents the e/s from creasing - it also makes its colour much more vibrant. I got an oversized bottle, so I cannot comment on the products lasting power yet. But I'm loving it.
Im giving it 4 lippies, because my e/s does crease after some time. And I am not a big fan of the packaging either. But I am definitely not complaining - I don't think I'm going to find a better primer any time soon :))

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by alicatgirl93

Although this is a spectacular product that resulted in almost zero creasing in about 12 hours (I have extremely oily skin and shadow will literally crease on me in less than 1 hour), I just think that $16 is too expensive for me to imagine repurchasing. Yes, I know I'm a cheap skate. Also, you do NOT get a lot of product for the money. It literally starts running out after you've just started using it. I've heard about people who have cut open the jars and scooped the primer potion into little jars and bottles to get every last bit out... you can watch instructional videos on how to do that on youtube.

So would I recommend it? Yes, it really and truly works. But would I buy it again? Well, no, because of the ridiculously high price and annoying packaging. I've pretty much given up wearing eye shadow also.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I like this potion, but I can't really understand it's popularity, since there are many things on the market doing the same job (at least for me).
I own/ed Artdeco primer, Yves Rocher primer and Alverde primer as well.
I use Clinique Touch Tint as a primer as well.
I can't say anything bad about the package of this Primer Potion because I own the sample size - and it's really fine.
I don't like the sponge though - I prefer the tube.
When I compare it with other primers I own, I can say that it is better than Artdeco (this primer starts to crumble after a certain period of time), and almost the same in effect as YR & Alverde (German brand).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by shyvietgirlie

Yes, the packaging could use some tweaking, but the product is AMAZING. I've converted my BFF to using this and she's more of an addict than I am now! Applies smooth and has a creamy consistency. In a moment of insanity I purchased the Too Faced Shadow Insurance to compare, and that was a big mistake. TFSI is oily and goopy. It was like slime on my eyes and my eye shadows were not too happy about it. UDPP has a cult following for good reason - it prevents creasing, eye makeup doesn't budge, and it makes eye shadow colors more true and vibrant. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ickdragon

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

I finally broke down and made the switch from Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I'm so glad I did. Since buying UDPP, I've had absolutely zero problems with creasing. SI would crease a little after a couple of hours, but not UDPP! It keeps your makeup looking as fresh as you first applied it all day long.

I like the tube with applicator because it makes applying the correct amount on each eye easier than with the squeeze tube. I can see how getting the last bit of product out of this tube is going to be a problem, but I'm not going to worry about that now.

I'm so happy with this purchase!!!