Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/27/2009 12:38:00 PM

I have been wearing makeup for several years, but knew nothing about eyeshadow bases, until I started getting deeper into makeup and online forums/videos. I decided to buy it and give it a try. I will not wear eyeshadow unless I have a base on now. UDPP is my favorite, but I do not use it often because I am trying to lessen my exposure to toxic chemicals (parabens, GMO's, etc.), so I use Bare Escentuals Prime Time Eyelid Primer more often. BE is not the best primer and it is far from natural, but it is less toxic. UDPP is so outstanding, that I cannot understand how anyone cannot love it, or choose something like Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It dries matte, gets rid of any grease/shine on your lids and lasts all day! It is a bit hard to blend the shadows on top at first, but you eventually find a way to work for you. I love that it grabs the color and holds onto it, rather than just preventing it from creasing. The container lasts forever, that is of course you cut it open and scrape the remains (search a clean way of doing so because I got some debris from cutting into it :^(.

on 4/26/2009 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

love this product. makes it shadow stay on like no other. however, it is very hard to blend the shadow once it is ontop of the primer potion and whoever designed the bottle wasnt thinking because it is so hard to get out of the bottle once you have used a little bit of the product. overall, i like it, i just wish they would come out with the product in a pot form or something to than nature.

on 4/26/2009 5:19:00 AM

I bought UDPP yesterday, because everyone was going on and on about how good it was. It is very good - I don't have lots of e/s, just a CS palette in which shadows are, for the most part, chalky and hard to blend. It didn't help with the blendability factor but at least, the shadows were more vibrant (as vibrant as they could be considering they're a bit crappy) and they stuck unaltered from 6.30 pm to 1 am when I washed it off.
The packaging's cute but not very practical and I'm pretty sure I'll need to depot it eventually to get as much product out as I can.

It's a great base, worth the 16 I paid for.

on 4/26/2009 3:10:00 AM

Ok, so I bought this primer potion in hopes of a great eyeshadow base, and that's what I got! It makes your eyeshadows stay on all day, and it makes them look more vibrant. I also like this because you don't have to match this to the makeup that you are going to be wearing; since it is just a nude color, it goes with anything. The only reason why I give it 4 lippies is because of that dang packaging! The curvy bottle is packed with product, but the little wand only goes straight down so you miss out on a ton of product! But one time I was looking around on YouTube and I came across a video about getting the primer out of the bottle. All you have to do is cut the bottle open in 2 places (the widest part at the top and the smallest part at the bottom) and scoop all the product out and put into any empty container you have! I was about to throw out the bottle when I found this vid and now I have a ton more product and $17 bucks extra in my wallet!
:) mo

on 4/24/2009 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Before, whenever i wore eyeshadow, by the end of the day, i would get that creased eyeshadow line. After using this product, it kept my eyeshadow in place all day long. I didn't get that greasy crease of eyeshadow anymore. The only bad thing I can say about this product is the packaging. I wish it was a squeez tube so that I can squeez out every last bit of it. With the wand, I feel like that is more at the bottom of the tube where the wand can't reach it.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this based on the rave reviews it is getting everywhere...

At first I don't know why I just found myself staying away from it. I just didn't like how it made my skin look when i've just applied it and it has dried.

But I just got over looking at it and actually got myself to apply eyeshadow on top and I was just amazed with the results! I was so astonished with it I kept checking my eyeshadow every other minute until it finally sank in :)

This product does exactly what it says and is a must have.

Will definitely repurchase!

on 4/22/2009 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this primer, before I discovered this I was using MAC paints everyday and at the end of the day my eyeliner always smudges to the bottom. With primer potion on I've had better luck my eyeliner stays all day with minimal smudging. I highly doubt I'll find anything for my oily lids that will not smudge at all. This is pretty good my HG primer. The bottle it comes in is cute but non functional requiring me to cut it open and scoop out 30% more product left after regular use with the wand.

I read a Urban Decay reply that says that you get what you pay for. So they seem to want their customer to hurt themselves by sawing the bottle open to get their money's worth of 30% product left. So packaging sucks and UD isn't doing anything about it. I'll try Too Face shadow insurance when I run out at least their packaging is consumer friendly in these economic times.

on 4/22/2009 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am very happy that I decided to purchase this product. It keeps my eyeshadow and liner in place all day!! However, I hope they come up with a different packaging design. That little bubble in the tube makes it difficult to scoop some of the product out. Another thing, some eyeshadows are a little difficult to blend over the Primer Potion, but other than that, definitely a must-have for your makeup bag.

on 4/22/2009 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is just a MUST for anyone who likes to wear eyeshadow & wants it to last all day without creasing. Nothing is better that UD Primer Potion as a lid primer. It is easy to apply. Is the perfect fleshtone color & really makes your eyeshadow colors pop. I can't imagine ever applying eyeshadow again without it. I LOVE this product & you will too.

on 4/22/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I am MAJORLY impressed with this product. Imagine, buying something that actually does what it's supposed to do! I've used this product with many different brands of eye shadow, from the high-grade stuff to the dirt cheap ones, and every time the shadow stays put all day -- and I mean ALL DAY, 12-14 hours -- without a hint of creasing. It helps the color to "pop" a little bit more. Even worn on its own without shadow, it helps brighten your eyes.

The makeup artist that turned me on to this stuff also says it works for lips. I haven't tried that yet but you can bet I will someday soon!

Video Reviews & Tutorials