July 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lrinke218

In addition to having oily eyelids, I also have allergies that make my eyes water year-round. This product is PERFECT for keeping my eyeliner and eyeshadow in place and looking flawless all day. I have been VERY impressed.

The packaging is not all that great. You seem to lose some product so when you think you're beginning to run low, cut the bottle open and replace the reamining product in some sort of container.

Other than that, I have no further complaints. It's a great product and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Tetonia

This is a great product for keeping eyeshadow in place all day. If it is over-applied, a crepey texture develops, but a small coating does the trick for me.

I don't like the packaging, and did have to cut it open to get the last of the product out. Despite this, I have repurchased several times, and will continue to do so -- especially now that the company has redesigned the package.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by xjanerz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this makes my eyeshadows and eyeliners stay on all day. it made the eyeshadows more vibrant. i did however have to cut open the bottle to get out all the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by slafontaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

FYI, the product is phenomonal and a change in the packaging is on the way.........

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by sanderlees

I have so many mixed reviews about this product... here we go:

- Sephora raised the price from $18CAD to $22CAD -- that is a $4 jump!!! WTF!

- I LOVE the product but absolutely HATE the packaging. I used Enkore's decanting method of putting the extra product in lipgloss pens. After a year's use, i was still able to fill up 3 entire pens. HOWEVER -- after only 3 weeks, the products have dried up in all 3 pens... what a waste....

- 5 for the product and ZERO for the packaging -- i cannot believe that Urban Decay have not heard the cries of their consumers and continue to pump out their product in this crappy bottle (including the new Sin shade)...

- I have never tried Shadow Insurance (because it may not work on my oily lids and it is more expensive)... but in the long run, if i get every product out of its package, it's A LOT cheaper than UDPP...

- I AM UBER PISSED that so much product is wasted... omfg...

- The only way I will ever buy this product again is if UDPP changes its packaging to something more practical...

- I would like to stress that i am absolutely in love with the actual product... i just can't keep throwing unused product away/wasting over half of it because of UD's incompetence with coming up with a new bottle/tube... sigh...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by azianbeauty

This stuff works sooo good. It keeps your eyeshadow in place throughout the entire day! No creases or anything. It even gives your eyes a slight shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Luda_Parker

First of all the good: this stuff is wonderful, in that it truly does stop eyeshadow creasing, and keep it exactly where you put it until the end of the day when you come to take it off.

The bad: I know lots of people have commented on this already, but the cute little bottle is SO impractical. It's almost criminal - how dare they sell an expensive product in a bottle where you end up wasting almost half of it?!

So, be careful (lots of videos on youtube showing you how to do this) but do cut open the tube and depot when you think you've run out as you'll find a HUGE amount left in there. I've done it once, but I can't be bothered to depot another tube, so I shan't repurchase when there are other similarly good products available in more sensible (and fair to the customer) packaging - you would be sensible to think about buying one of these instead too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best eyeshadow base...ever. It's as simple as that.

I have oily lids and have always had a problem with shadows creasing and fading on me over the course of the day. This ingenious product solves all of that. It is a velvety smooth, pale fleshtone cream base that dries to a matte finish.

Here's how I use it: I blot any excess oil off my lids first, apply a small amount over my eyelid, blend, let it dry for a few minutes then apply my shadow over top. And voila-it stays put. It made fade a tiny bit over the course of a long day but I experience no creasing whatsoever with this regardless of what brand or type of shadow I use. I also find that this product makes the shadows apply more smoothly, makes them easier to blend and they look brighter.

It is a tad expensive but nothing works quite as well as this. I highly recommend this and will repurchase forever. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by janesmith12345

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent as a primer and does a good job of keeping powder shadow intact. However, my beef is that it caused clogged pores and breakouts along the browbone. I definitely liked the consistency and slip of this (as opposed to the watery consistency of Benefit Shelaq), I am going back to Shelaq.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by simplychic26

I actually had the sample from their Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Palette but I LOVE IT! I love the texture of it and I think it applies really well to the lids. It doesn't crease and the color blends really well! I am planning on getting the full size. :)