September 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by natbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review so I will try and be as thorough as possible!! I wear eye shadow on a daily basis and always found that if I applied it in the morning before work I had to re-touch by lunch time. I have quite oily eyelids so have always had a problem with the staying power of eye shadow regardless of the brand or price (I use Mac, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, etc). I bought the Urban Decay primer potion after reading the great reviews on MUA - and I have to say I think this product is AMAZING! I bought a 10ml bottle for 9.50 and I think it is worth every penny. This "potion" is a light/nude colour and it is slightly cream in texture. I am an NC45 in Mac foundation and although I thought it would look a bit pale on my lids it applied really smoothly and dried to a matte/silky and almost invisible finish. I apply a small dab of the magic wand on each lid and gently smooth in with my fingertips (up to brow bone) and wait a few second for it to dry before applying eye shadow.

The results are phenomenal!! My eye shadow goes on soo smoothly without a single crease and I can really see the 'true' colour of the shadow as it applies vibrantly. The best thing is my eye make-up lasts ALL day and if I go out straight after work it stays put all night too without smudging, creasing or fading.

The only small downside is the awkward shape of the bottle which holds some product you are unable to reach with the wand. I suggest cutting the bottle open when you think it is finished and you will usually find a lot more product which can be stored in a small air-tight pot.

I LOVE this product and it is the only thing I can rely on to keep my shadow where it should be! I will definitely be buying another when it runs out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by inanis

I love this. I'm such a fan of really bright, vibrant eyeshadows and aside from applying wet, the primer potion is my best tool. The only problem I have is that it is slightly hard to remove your eye-makeup after it's applied. I need to invest in a better remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Nordie44

Wow! This stuff is absolutely amazing! I'm not sure if it only works with UD eyeshadows but that's what I've worn it with so far. I put my eyeshadow on at 7:30 am and it looks the same by 8:00 at night. When the sales person told me it was amazing, I was doubtful. I've never had much luck with a primer and normally just forgo it. But after using this for the past few days, I'm a believer! The 24/7 eyeliner from UD stays on all day too. No smudging or creasing. Love this primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by jafairfax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! It did not crease my eyeshadow and I had it on all day until 3am. I admit it did crease a bit near the end but I had been sitting in a warm room full of people for a few hours.

The downside to this product is the packaging. There's a month's worth of product left inside that you can't get to unless you cut it open. Because of this I switched to Too Faced Insurance but does not work if you have oily eyelids (I do!). My eyeshadow creased after half a day. So I ended up going back to Urban Decay Primar Potion. I love it except for the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Mees

Great stuff. It increases the pigmentation of the eyeshadows. My eyeshadows don't budge at all for the whole entire day even though I have a pretty deep crease! You just need a really thin coat of this because if you place too much, it'll be hard to blend the eye shadow. Got a really good deal for two of these in a set at the duty free shop.. I've been using my first bottle for the longest time.. so I'm not disappointed in the price at all. The product is fabulous.. although alot of people complained about not getting the whole product out of it.. I haven't gotten near the end at all yet.. so it's going to be a while before i saw this bad boy down. All in all.. i love the product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by TiaR

Okay, so you're reading these reviews wondering if this product works. YES, it works! Just buy it. Your eyeshadow will look great.
BUT BUYERS BEWARE: THE PACKAGING WASTES SO MUCH PRODUCT. As a budget-based student who didn't want to shell out $20 for a new fricking primer, I thought "hey, I wonder how much is still left if I opened it up". And OH MY GOD---one pair of pliers and a long toothpick later, I filled up 1 and a 1/2 EDM sample jars. Okay, now, one EDM sample jars for the *entire face* if used daily lasts a week and a half. I'm only using this on my eyelids. I think I just got an extra 4-6 months of Primer Potion. And to think I was going to throw it out! I wonder if UD knows how much product is wasted. Probably. Because honestly, if you don't "salvage" the extra stuff left with some pliers, this will last you four months (it did for me). That's what, $60 a year to prime my eyelids? Nooo thanks. I need to buy a house one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by grcst9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a huge problem with eyeshadow (even good eyeshadow) creasing. This solved that problem like magic. Bottom line: it works. Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the eye primer potion almost every day. I have oily eyelids and have tried numerous products in order to get the shadow to stop creasing or running off - this product is the only one that has been able to stop the creasing and makes my eyeshadow last all day. I wore it the day of my wedding and I didn't have to worry about touch ups. For anyone who has oily eyelids I highly recommend this product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonmon

this primer suits me better than the too faced shadow insurance.. i like how my e/s stays on longer with no crease and smudges! this product is amaaaaazing :) what i dont like about it is the applicator/container.. i prefer the too faced squeeze tube though ><

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by heatherpl

I prefer Too Faced shadow insurance over this, because i tried udpp a couple times to get me to like it but it aint happening. everytime i apply it on my lids and then let it dry and apply my shadows they always turn out matte looking, chalky or ugly looking. i wont but this again. I also tried applying this under shimmer shadows and when i applied any shimmer or glitter shadows it like made the shimmerness or glitterness go away it didnt show up. i am guessing its just a weird combo with my skin tone.