MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 5/5/2003 1:37:00 PM

This is my firt foundation powder and the defining word: FAST !! It has turned me on to this type of foundation. The product itself is VERY heavy. I use a brush to put it on and it provides good coverage. Maybe too much for the summer time. I am a C3 which is good for yellow skin tones. My complaint with this would be that it does make your face a bit pasty and I am always nervous that in bright sunlight it might look fake. If you have dry skin (I do in patches) MOISTURIZE!! If you don't it will flake and look yucky. I have some visible pores on my upper cheeks and when I first put this on it looks invisible but as the day wears on, they look big. :-( It only controls shine so-so. These are the reasons I would give it only 4 lippies but coverage (almost) makes up for it. UPDATE: I have stopped using this because it makes my face look too pasty. Also on warmer days and even colder days half way through, the powder is completely gone. Boo-hoo

on 5/4/2003 6:39:00 PM

I like this foundation but I am sort of inbetween colors and if I use just a little bit the studio fix looks normal but too much it clings to oily areas and just looks orange. I have to blot off some of the powder on my cheeks close to my nose and on my forehead. Never the less its a good foundation.

on 5/4/2003 5:15:00 PM

I have finally found my holy grail in foundation! Although, when I first purchased this product, I was not terribly impressed. I used the sponge applicator that it comes with and the coverage was too heavy and cakey. I went back to the MAC Pro Store to ask about their other lines of foundations, but the MA/SA insisted that I stick with the Studio Fix because of my need for light coverage. He told me to apply it with a loose powder brush, and what do ya know! It worked!! Using a brush allows me to control the coverage, it evens out my skin tone without making me look made-up. And the coverage lasts all day on me. My only real gripes are the price and the fact that when I have dry/scaly patches the powder accentuates those scales :-(

on 5/2/2003 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation. Nice, sheer coverage, matte finish, the ABSOLUTE best colour selection... what more can I say?! It is a powder foundation, not creamy at all. Good for oily skin. It might look cakey on someone with drier skin. My summertime staple when I want a matte look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I REALLY wanted to love this foundation, the color looks so perfect in the container... but it looks so dark and orange on me! :( But otherwise, it's a great foundation.

on 4/29/2003 11:10:00 AM

I have never been one to really wear make-up, but decided to try studio fix since I had heard such good things about it. I have alwasy used there blot powder with no problems...but this was awful. Iam still recovering from the breakouts. My cheeks and chin were covered and I don't usually even get breakouts there. I still have the scarring to prove it. I told the lady a the Mac counter and she said there was no way it could be the studio fix, it had to be my cleaning product. Convinced I gave it another chance, with the same horrible results. I have combination skin with occasional breakouts. I recently bought the new select sheer pressed powder. Wish me luck!

on 4/28/2003 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I heard so many rave reviews, but I've been pretty disappointed. I'm hoping it works better as my skin becomes less dry with the warmer weather. But in the winter with my dry skin it accentuated the flakey areas. THe best part of hte product though is the versatility - you really can use it as a touch up powder, foundation, and even to cover blemishes. I think it's probably best for people that don't have dry skin.

on 4/24/2003 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for almost 4 years now non-stop. It completely evens out my skin tone, and doesn't go on that heavy either. I know alot of people complained that it might be a better product for oilier skin. However, if you moisturize before using the product, and dust it on using a brush, it creates a nice finish. **UPDATE** I've had suspicions that this might have been the cause of little bumps around my mouth/chin, so i switched to something else for a few days... and the bumps are disappearing!! So I have to take off one point for this.

on 4/24/2003 11:02:00 AM

This is the one MAC product I completely detest. I just cannot wear Studiofix- and unfortunately, I don't even want to try any of their other foundations for fear of the same result.

The coverage is very cakey, unnatural, and terrible if you have the slightest dry patch anywhere. And yet, despite being so drying, it manages to turn into an oil slick on my skin within a few hours- how bizarre is that? At any rate, it wasn't wonderful for my skin either- it made it rough and uneven, with little bumps. Argh.

The only good thing is getting the perfect colour match- I still use NC20 to describe my skin tone! continued >>

I love this foundation. It looks so natural but it evens out my skin tone.