MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 5/27/2003 1:05:00 PM

whoa- there are at least three seperate reviews for StudioFix. Anyway, Studiofix is one of my makeup essentials. I love to use it on it's own in the summer, and now that I have that awesome Bobbi Kabuki brush it goes on like a dream. But I also use it during the cold winter months to set my Face and Body foundation in the t-zone and to provide a little extra coverage around the nose. I love the coverage, and the flawless finish it offers as well as the fact that it lasts forever. I get at least eight months use out of my compact and I use it nearly every day of the week. A staple for me. I wear N3, but use N2 in the Face and Body foundation, because the N3 was too yellow/orange. N3 in StudioFix is just perfect, not too warm, not too cool, just he right shade for my skintone. Love it.

on 5/25/2003 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the foundation I've relied upon for years and I can't believe I'm just reviewing it today!!! lol.... okay okay... so!!! what do I have to say?!? StudioFix is normally for those with oily or combination to oily skins... I think it'll accentuate the flakes of the dry skins and make the finish quite mask-like... but on my super oily skin it blends into an even finish and looks flawless on... will conceal literally all your imperfections... I pair this up with MAC's Select Cover-Up Concealer and it's just perfect... even with those time of the month pimples that like to pop around I'm saved with this combo!!! :D I'm a frequent traveller and I've brought this baby along with all my other MAC products with me all around the world... and they never fail... in the heat... and in the cold... this stuff is great but like all things won't suit everyone just cuz everyone's different genetically and further have different preferences... but for me I'm soooo soooo sold on this... LOVE this foundation I don't ever look anywhere else now!!! Wow!!! :D

on 5/25/2003 5:58:00 PM

despite a wide range of shades, i could not find one that fit my skin tone. i am somwhere in between an NC30 and NC35, because one is too light and the other is too dark.

on 5/24/2003 1:36:00 AM

I got this for my sister in a swap from a great MUA'er, and it looked so great on her combination/oily t zone skin that I had to try it. It's probably not the best choice for my skin type, which is normal, but I'll do my best to give it a fair review. :)
The color match is excellent, I looove MAC for that! I apply this with a large powder brush and it covers nicely without being too cakey. It tends to look and feel a little bit dry...I guess I just prefer a dewy finish, but oh well.
As far as powder foundation goes this does a great job at being just that...It's amazing how un-cakey it is, and it gives great coverage. It holds up in the South Florida heat nicely. I probably wouldn't buy it again, since it's just not for me, but I *do* like dusting this over Studio Tech on days that I want to look more polished.
continued >>

on 5/22/2003 7:14:00 PM

Studio Fix foundation in pressed powder is great: it is easy to apply (being in powder form) but it covers like a liquid. The price is a bit steep ($24), but MAC has a wide variety of shades. The finish is matte, but it goes on a bit thicker than a regular pressed powder, so it covers blemishes and ruddiness wonderfully. Would definitely purchase again.

on 5/22/2003 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i orginally bought studio fix just to see what it was like -- i wasn't quite sold on the idea of a powder foundation, fearing it would look too cakey. but i've really grown to love it. when i started out i was applying too much, but have since learned that i only need a bit (applied with a big powder brush, not a sponge) for excellent coverage that doesn't look obvious and doesn't make me break out. i would agree with other reviewers that studio fix probably isn't appropriate for those with dry skin. but for oily, sensitive, acne-prone it's great!

on 5/19/2003 4:45:00 PM

I have used Studio Fix for years and I still love it. It is really the only makeup that I continue to buy faithfully. It never breaks out my blemish-prone skin and covers amazingly well. Great color selection as well, very easy to find a perfect match.

on 5/18/2003 1:12:00 AM

Great colour selection that matched my mid-pale yet prone to tanned skin. Great packaging - love it. Been wearing it for years (since high school). Wouldn't reccomend for someone with dry skin. Overall good coverage.

on 5/17/2003 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the Studio Fix. I am a C3 and its perfect for my face coloring. It stays all day and I only need to touch up once during the day. It does help with my oily face.

I use a regular powder puff to put it on. This works great for me.

on 5/14/2003 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Slow to coming to the world of MAC, this is my first MAC purchase, and I'm LOVING it. I've been trying to find a great powder foundation, and this may be it. The coverage is wonderful - I can make it as sheer or not as I want depending on what I need that day, and the color is great for me (NW20).