MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 7/10/2003 11:40:00 PM

This was a great powder foundation. It worked better than any other powder foundation I have ever tried. It covered like no other powder I have ever tried. I am the type of person who usually use to wear only a moderate coverage liquid foundation but this worked great.

on 7/9/2003 5:50:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation(powder) i have tried so far. the MA matched my to C2, and it was the perfect colour for my skin. it has not turned orange on me, like some of the other studiofix's in the past did, but i that was because i would always get the MA that gave me the wrong colour, and i was younger so i was to shy to point out the mistake. i would have given this 5 lippies, but its a little of sheer and i was hoping for more of a medium coverage. otherwise its perfect for me.

on 7/8/2003 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Good ol' Studio Fix. I've been using this stuff since the 8th grade, and it's never let me down. I'm an NC45, and before this, I used Clinique pressed powder, which was too cakey and too orangey.

Studio Fix he most natural-looking powder foundation I used until I discovered Origins Stay Tuned foundation and T. LeClerc loose powder.

Still, MAC Studiofixx is quick and easy, what with the compact packaging and all. It's a really good product. I haven't been at all pleased with the subtle price raise over the years though.

I've also heard that Urban Decay's Surreal Skin compact powder foundation leaves your skin slightly more luminous...so you might want to check that out as well.

on 7/8/2003 2:04:00 AM

This has been my #1 product since I first started using it, when I was about 18- (6 yrs. ago)...I would definitely recommend this to anyone, whatever skincolor or type you may have...& everyone I have told about this product has continued to use it as well. As other reviewers have said- you must exfoliate, & moisturize, if needed; as this powder will emphasize any dry/flaky skin...But this is THE BEST powder-foundation I have found, no matter how many I try (& I have tried tons, always looking for something better) I always come back to this, realizing there are none better...I use the sponge applicator where more coverage is needed, & sometimes use a brush to apply all over the face...Coverage can go from sheer to full, depending on how you apply...It has great staying power, even on my very oily T-zone, & does not cake...It really leaves skin looking flawless...I have used a few different shades over the years- NC30, NC35, C2, C3, C30- I'm in this in between stage right now & need to get to the MAC counter for advice...but the color range is excellent, especially for those of us w/ yellow-toned skin...If you haven't already- go & buy this...$22 is very reasonable for this quality product; even when applied 5 days a week it has lasted me a good 6 months...Great Product...

on 6/30/2003 12:03:00 AM

I love this product, but I have a few tips for those who had problems with it. One: wash your sponge once a week and buy replacements when needed. Breakouts are caused by the accumulation of dirt and oil on your sponge! Two: A light hand is needed to apply. My compact lasts me about 6-8 months! You should NOT be using it up in one month! Three: Any MAC counter I know of insists that you try out the product first before you buy to make sure the colour is right. (ie: they apply to your face and you walk around and view in different light to make sure the colour is perfect)Four: try a different colour for the winter months (if you have winter!). That is all. I hope this helps.

* I stopped using this product as a trial to determine if it was contributing to my acne. Unfortunately I had to remove it from my HG list as it appeared to be a big culprit in my breakouts. However, I still think it's a great powder foundation. *

on 6/27/2003 2:20:00 AM

I like more of a natural look. This was too heavy for me...even when applied lightly.

on 6/26/2003 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i like how the sponge is seperate from the powder. i have this in nc20 and use it mainly in the fall & spring months. it does a good job evening out skin tone. this stuff would work best on more oily skin tones, as it can look dry sometimes.

This is the best powder foundation i have tried. I have NW15. This works great on my pale skin. I love the coverage it is heavier than any other powder foundation i had. I wish it wasnt so pricey though. But its worth it. Nothing compares.

on 6/20/2003 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I first discovered this when I was in 8th grade and saw a girl pull it out from her backpack. How she looked so glamorous powdering her nose with such a sleek compact. I told myself I had to buy it. Well, the first time I used it I loved it. I think cuz I didn't know any better. My face was always a different color than my neck, but at 14, I didn't think it was a problem. Fast forward 5 years. I tried it again, this time I noticed it didn't controll my oily face, and agian, it always looked as if I had too much makeup on my face. Finally @20, I realized it always turned orange on my face. I went back to the counter to tell them it turned orange, but they always insist that it was my color and my oils where turning it orange. Also, it always felt as if my skin was sufficating under the makeup. I now realize that it was the makeup all along. I finally learned that not all products change color just cuz the oils on your face. I learned that your skin can breath even with foundation on. From my experience, I will never go back to MAC Studio Fix.

on 6/17/2003 5:23:00 PM

I have comb/oily skin. I tend to breakout about twice a month and I have some acne scars on my lower cheeks. Studio fix really covers all blemishes and scars. It leaves skin with a matte finish. I really do not know what I would do without this product! It really saves me when I have horrible breakouts and need a lot of coverage. It is a powder foundation but I notice i usually get a big zit the next day if I don't wash it off at the end of the day ( i guess that is my fault)! I know some reviews state that this causes breakouts, i could see that happening but if you don't fall asleep with it on I think that will prevent it from happening. This is a great product and if I get shiney during the day I use the mac blot powder. It really is a great product and the color matches my skin perfectly!