January 27, 2015 | 1841 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2003 11:02:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is the one MAC product I completely detest. I just cannot wear Studiofix- and unfortunately, I don't even want to try any of their other foundations for fear of the same result.

The coverage is very cakey, unnatural, and terrible if you have the slightest dry patch anywhere. And yet, despite being so drying, it manages to turn into an oil slick on my skin within a few hours- how bizarre is that? At any rate, it wasn't wonderful for my skin either- it made it rough and uneven, with little bumps. Argh.

The only good thing is getting the perfect colour match- I still use NC20 to describe my skin tone! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2003 9:30:00 AM More reviews by notmyrealname

I love this foundation. It looks so natural but it evens out my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ineedbags

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I simply adore this product. It's not cakey at all and it evens out my skin. My skin looks perfect from day to night. Another MAC product that I will buy forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2003 12:49:00 PM More reviews by CoverModel

I was expecting more from this product but it provides decent coverage and it gives a natural effect.However, it can enhance flaky,dry skin and it can't compare to Bare Escentuals foundation. Bare Escentuals is still my preference and it gives the best coverage I found.Plus,it won't show dry patches on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2003 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Julie1

I love this product- they have so many shades that everyone should be able to find one to suit their complexion- I love the consistency and the packaging is so sleek and sanitary with the separate sponge compartment. Worth the $22 price tag IMO

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2003 12:27:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i had c3 and that was way too light and made me look pasty. i bought c4 and its way way way darker than c3 and looks orange and cakey and gets darker later in the day. this formula is too heavy and does not control oil at all. would not buy again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 6:21:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

iiiick. This foundations is so heavy ad it made me break out. It also made my face itch. I do not reccommend this product it you have alot of acne because it will make it stand out more. My skin is mostly clear and it made me break out and it made my skin look cakey. It you want to try this product I reccommend using a fat powder brush to apply it as opposed to the sponge it comes with or even better off use a face primer some liquid foundation with a sponge and some translucent loose powder on top. It will look a lot better, belive me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 10:20:00 AM More reviews by delicious_dish

Fabulous. My favorite thing about this product is that you are in control of how much coverage. You can go the spectrum from sheer to full depending on how you choose to apply it. I apply it w/ a powder brush on good days, and on bad days I use the sponge provided and get a little more coverage. Always looks natural, never cakey and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2003 1:09:00 PM More reviews by swalker29

Love this stuff! Great finish without looking like I have a cake face! Lasts such a long time! Great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2003 10:17:00 PM More reviews by funkergirl

This works great as a touch up powder for me. I couldn't use it as a foundation, because it wouldn't give me the coverage I need. I take it every where. It is my "pressed powder" when I use it as such it lasts me 6 months. It feels nice on my skin. It adds just the right coverage after my foundation is applied. I like it lots. But I agree that after awhile it is harder to apply because it kinda crumbles or something.