April 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

It seems I am a latecomer to this potion, on seeing so many rave reviews I have purchased some and it really is great! I am wearing it for the first time today with a sparkly pink Urban Decay shadow and there is not a crease to be seen. I will be using this under all eye colours from now on. Fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Count me in as a fan of this product. It does all everyone is saying it does. I just smear a tiny bit on my eyelids, do my eyeshadow as usual, and I can count on coming home from work that night with my eyes looking the same way as they did before I left the house. it really is amazing stuff. I am a busy, working mom, and I keep my makeup routine VERY minimal. But I always use this, or else my eyeshadow rubs off before I even get to work! Good stuff, worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by sassx23

This shadow primer is absolutely fantastic. I have oily eyelids, and before I discovered this I would spend so much time on my eye makeup only to have it crease and fade within a couple hours. It's true that you can sleep in your makeup overnight and still have it on in the morning (not that I do this on a regular basis). It also helps intensify the colors, and make less-pigmented shadows look better. Sometimes I even use a little on my brows or lips to get my pencil/lipcolor to stay on longer.
The only downside is it is difficult to get out all the product inside. The strange shape means a lot of it gets stuck on the side and is wasted. The solution is to cut it open with a sharp knife (wear gloves or something and be careful not to cut yourself); then scoop out the product and put it in a small airtight container. This way you can actually double the amount you can use, and have to purchase it less often. Clumps of Mascara is the blog I saw this tip on, if you follow this link you can see what I'm talking about.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by sephoraaddict88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this item because of the reviews and I have to say that it is really good. It makes the eye shadows more vibrant and it makes them last long. I could go to sleep with my makeup and wake up the next day and it still looks good (by the way I know its bad but sometimes i get lazy, lol) The only downside is that the packaging makes it difficult to get the product out so even if there's a ton of product inside it can seem like there isn't. I guess you would have to pry it open eventually.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by salamaat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No need to repeat the fact that this product should be packaged differently. That being said, it makes even the cheapest, lowest quality eyeshadow last. That makes it worth buying. It's not cheap, though. If you haven't, give it a try at least once and see if you like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This certainly works very, very well at what it's supposed to do - keeping eye shadows vibrant and crease free for however long you want to keep them on. No fading whatsoever. The downside is that because they don't budge or smear, it is also very, very difficult to blend my shadows when I'm applying them. And as many, many people have mentioned, the packaging sucks. I have a mini of this that came with a palette, and I'm happy to use it for now, but I'm sticking with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and MAC Bare Canvas Paint as my main eye shadow bases. There's just no way in hell I'm risking injury by sawing UD's bottle in half.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by rasberryrose

I like it. Before this I could only wear dark eyeshadows because light ones faded too quickly. Now I can wear light eyeshadows and the dark ones last longer.
Will be trying silk naturals primer though as it is less expensive and the packaging looks better.
edit: I e-mailed silk naturals and was told I should stick with this until my eye lids become dryer. Furthermore, I tried elf's primer, it did hardly anything if anything at all for me. If you tend to have normal to oily lids, this is probably holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by shy_makeup_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TOTAL HG PRODUCT!
never fails!
great on dark skinned ppl!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

Got a small tube of this with the palettes, and I must say I love it. I have Toofaced shadow insurance, and I prefer this because the consistency is a little thicker and smoother. It works wonderfully. Its great the Urban Decay puts this product in most of their gift sets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! AMAZING AMAZING. I love this product. Okay I rarely get this excited over anything but really this product is nothing short of amazing. Ive had insanely bipolar, hormonal, belligerent and basically terribly oily skin since I was 10. Ive also had cystic acne since then (now under control thanks to retinA). but eyelids were one place I wouldnt put the retinA (couldnt) and remained so so soooo oily. Well ladies UDPP is the solution. Its the miracle product. Its just a light skin colored primer; its nothing fancy and I like it like that. It enhances the colors of my shadows and makes them stay on no matter how long I'm out and about. I have 2 research jobs and am a full time student and frequently have 12-18 hour days 5 days a week. This keeps my shadows on and has people asking me why I dont look tired (or greasy) by the end of the day. Im a huge believer. UDPP: if you were a man, Id marry you!
Only complaint is the packaging, which might make you think you've run out long before you have. If that happens PLEASE cut open your pack and look inside there will be enough to last you another 6 months :)
But nonetheless at 16 dollars this is no price to pay for the FULL use of all your shadows you ever had. I would pay this five times over. My first true HG product. I would definitely rebuy this. I will till I die.