September 23, 2014 | 2005 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by hairxcore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I heard the rave about this I had to buy it myself to try it. It was the first primer I had ever gotten, & i thought it would be my last. It wasn't bad- I actually loved it. No creasing, brighter eyeshadow, & longer lasting. HOWEVER, the product ran out quickly even after I cut it open! I now use macs paint, & it has lasted me twice as long so far, & i still have only used half of it because you only need a small amount, because it spreads from the oils of your fingers. Saying that, it is cheaper in the long run, A LOT cheaper! Plus I honestly like it just as good as UDPP. Sure, it isn't AS bright, but I can't even notice when I tried using UDPP on one eye & the paint on the other. it's much more worth it to buy the paint rather than UDPP IMO.
try macs paint if you're not sure, it will last a long time even if you don't like it as much, so it really is so much more worth it & less expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have super oily eyelids and have tried other primers with little luck. I have always loved Urban Decay's makeup and I had never tried UDPP so when they had the 2 for $25 I scooped it up. It's creamy, silky and dries quickly. However, it just doesn't work for me. It dries my eyelids out, makes them irritated and itchy and doesn't keep my shadow on. I suppose my search will continue. I won't purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by mtycer

I received a deluxe sample of this primer potion and even though that packaging is slightly better than the normal sized primer packaging, you won't be able to get very much product out of the packaging without 'depotting it'--which basically means hacking it open! I do love the primer though--goes on well, and really keeps my eyeshadow on for hours and hours. I have terribly oily eyelids and this really works for at least 6 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, you could fry potato chips on my eyelids they're so oily. That said, this stuff is a dream. I came in on Mardi Gras from a sweaty night of dancing and not a single smudge. The only places where it smudged was where water from my eyes got onto my eyelid, but that's no fault of the UDPP. This stuff is the truth, and if you've got oily lids like me and paint pots don't work, give this a try. I've never tried Shadow Insurance because this stuff is my HG eye base. It's just a smidge too light for my complexion, but once I start putting on eyeshadows, it doesn't matter.

I only took off 1 lippie because of the PACKAGING? What??? If I'm paying $17 for a product, you'd better believe that I expect to get my money's worth. Has anyone complained to Urban Decay yet? This actually makes me so mad that I'm going to go email them about it now (as if they haven't heard the complaints by now). I suggest you all do the same. Anyway, great product, HORRIBLE packaging and would only repurchase if packaging was modified.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am Asian, med-fair skin w/yellow undertones and I really like this product. It goes on very smooth with a silky finish and my shadows go on with a richer color and stays on all day. It does not get crepy on my "older" skin.

As posters have suggested, I removed all the contents from it's cute little bottle. I could not believe how much of it was tucked inside the little tube! So if you do buy this product, do yourself a favor and get your money's worth and check out youtube for instructions on how to remove product from the tube! It was not difficult at all and I think it was worth the 5 minutes it took me!

Edited on 12/2009: I am still using the original product after 10 months! I found that adding just a drop or two of water softens this so a workable consistancy. Love this product and worth the money and effort of extracting it from it's original bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sarahcinnamon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a horrible product but I was not a convert. I used the entire tube because I wanted to like UDPP as it has many fans. After I applied, let dry it was really hard for me to blend my shadows over. It seems that once I touched my eyeshadow brush to my eyelid, that was it - couldn't blend. Once the eyeshadow was applied it didn't budge and yes, this lasts ALL day and zero creasing but I really need the ability to blend colors so this didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by SuicideBlondEx

I know everyone has tried this product and if you haven't-it's at least worth a try. The product overall is very good. It does what it says it's going to. It primes your eyes for a flawless eyeshadow application. It blends in nicely, doesn't smell horrid, doesn't take forever to dry. All in all the product is great. The reason why I won't buy it again is because of the PACKAGING. COME ON, URBAN DECAY....can you get a better package for this stuff? If I'm spending the $16 on a tiny ass bottle, I at least want to be able to use the product in it's entirety. The product gets stuck and unreachable in the fat part at the top and the base of the bottle. A lot of girls are cutting them open and depoting the remainder, but it drys up quickly and there's A LOT of product stuck in those areas. What a waste of money!
Product good. Packaging bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this eye primer. It really does make my eyeshadows last long and my eyes look great all day. And the best part is that this stuff lasts a long time, because you only need a little bit of the product. My only gripe about this product is the packaging. When I felt like I was using it up because nothing would come out anymore, I disected the bottle. I cut it into three pieces and you would not believe how much product was in the bottle. So I scooped everything all up and put it in a little empty sample jar I had. I wish UD would put this stuff in a tube.
Overall, I will definetley keep rebuying this stuff over and over. But, I have been hearing cool things about Too Faced Shadow Insurasnce... I might try that next.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by natbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review so I will try and be as thorough as possible!! I wear eye shadow on a daily basis and always found that if I applied it in the morning before work I had to re-touch by lunch time. I have quite oily eyelids so have always had a problem with the staying power of eye shadow regardless of the brand or price (I use Mac, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, etc). I bought the Urban Decay primer potion after reading the great reviews on MUA - and I have to say I think this product is AMAZING! I bought a 10ml bottle for 9.50 and I think it is worth every penny. This "potion" is a light/nude colour and it is slightly cream in texture. I am an NC45 in Mac foundation and although I thought it would look a bit pale on my lids it applied really smoothly and dried to a matte/silky and almost invisible finish. I apply a small dab of the magic wand on each lid and gently smooth in with my fingertips (up to brow bone) and wait a few second for it to dry before applying eye shadow.

The results are phenomenal!! My eye shadow goes on soo smoothly without a single crease and I can really see the 'true' colour of the shadow as it applies vibrantly. The best thing is my eye make-up lasts ALL day and if I go out straight after work it stays put all night too without smudging, creasing or fading.

The only small downside is the awkward shape of the bottle which holds some product you are unable to reach with the wand. I suggest cutting the bottle open when you think it is finished and you will usually find a lot more product which can be stored in a small air-tight pot.

I LOVE this product and it is the only thing I can rely on to keep my shadow where it should be! I will definitely be buying another when it runs out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by inanis

I love this. I'm such a fan of really bright, vibrant eyeshadows and aside from applying wet, the primer potion is my best tool. The only problem I have is that it is slightly hard to remove your eye-makeup after it's applied. I need to invest in a better remover.