October 24, 2014 | 1614 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ab5inth7

What should I say? This stuff is amazing!
I have tried various types of primers until now - although I still have to get my hands on the Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance - and I must say: UDPP is the way to go.
Not only it prevents the e/s from creasing - it also makes its colour much more vibrant. I got an oversized bottle, so I cannot comment on the products lasting power yet. But I'm loving it.
Im giving it 4 lippies, because my e/s does crease after some time. And I am not a big fan of the packaging either. But I am definitely not complaining - I don't think I'm going to find a better primer any time soon :))

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by alicatgirl93

Although this is a spectacular product that resulted in almost zero creasing in about 12 hours (I have extremely oily skin and shadow will literally crease on me in less than 1 hour), I just think that $16 is too expensive for me to imagine repurchasing. Yes, I know I'm a cheap skate. Also, you do NOT get a lot of product for the money. It literally starts running out after you've just started using it. I've heard about people who have cut open the jars and scooped the primer potion into little jars and bottles to get every last bit out... you can watch instructional videos on how to do that on youtube.

So would I recommend it? Yes, it really and truly works. But would I buy it again? Well, no, because of the ridiculously high price and annoying packaging. I've pretty much given up wearing eye shadow also.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I like this potion, but I can't really understand it's popularity, since there are many things on the market doing the same job (at least for me).
I own/ed Artdeco primer, Yves Rocher primer and Alverde primer as well.
I use Clinique Touch Tint as a primer as well.
I can't say anything bad about the package of this Primer Potion because I own the sample size - and it's really fine.
I don't like the sponge though - I prefer the tube.
When I compare it with other primers I own, I can say that it is better than Artdeco (this primer starts to crumble after a certain period of time), and almost the same in effect as YR & Alverde (German brand).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by shyvietgirlie

Yes, the packaging could use some tweaking, but the product is AMAZING. I've converted my BFF to using this and she's more of an addict than I am now! Applies smooth and has a creamy consistency. In a moment of insanity I purchased the Too Faced Shadow Insurance to compare, and that was a big mistake. TFSI is oily and goopy. It was like slime on my eyes and my eye shadows were not too happy about it. UDPP has a cult following for good reason - it prevents creasing, eye makeup doesn't budge, and it makes eye shadow colors more true and vibrant. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ickdragon

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

I finally broke down and made the switch from Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I'm so glad I did. Since buying UDPP, I've had absolutely zero problems with creasing. SI would crease a little after a couple of hours, but not UDPP! It keeps your makeup looking as fresh as you first applied it all day long.

I like the tube with applicator because it makes applying the correct amount on each eye easier than with the squeeze tube. I can see how getting the last bit of product out of this tube is going to be a problem, but I'm not going to worry about that now.

I'm so happy with this purchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Dumbfresh

This product is great and the packaging is adorable but not functional. If you dont cut the packaging open you lose about 2/3rds of it in the nooks and crannies but when i cut it open it got crumbs from the tube in it! if they can only redo the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by wendya40

Run, do not walk, to your nearest retailer to purchase this product! I have oily eyelids and sparse eyebrows. I apply some of this to my eyelid and around my brow area. By the end of the night, my eye make-up and my brows are still perfect. It's amazing! I have used tons of primers; this stuff is the bomb. I like it so much, that I will be giving it to all my female relatives and friends on gift giving occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Kyakimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this base! I put 3 dots of this stuff over my eye, and one underneath, and it takes care of everything. No smell, moderate price, but depending on how much you use shadow, it lasts a while. I love the packaging as well! Such a cute little bottle! =]

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by maxlightmusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily eyelids. around 30 minutes after applying any sort of eyeshadow, it starts to crease and becomes a gross oily mess. When I used this under my eyeshadow, I was amazed that after 8 hours, my eyeshadow was still in place, the colour was still vibrant and, it's just amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by bathgirl803

This is the first eye makeup base I use. I am very happy with the result: helps eye shadows stay longer, makes the colors more vibrant. It still creases after applying makeup for whole day in the summer. But overall this is an amazing product. The only complain is the packaging. It would be SO much better if it comes in a tube.