October 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is no doubt this product works better than most e/s primers out there (i.e., Carmindy), however, I take points off for making my eyelids look really crepey (I'm 49 and older women should take note) and for the packaging that wastes an expensive product. I will sample some others.

For younger girls with oilier lids: go for it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by cherrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm having a difficult time rating this product because my shadow lasted all day with zero creasing and it was just as vibrant when I washed my face at bedtime as when I put it on in the morning. However, it made my eyelids itch so badly that I couldn't stop touching my eyes. I didn't have any eyeliner on by the end of the day (from me scratching!), but my eyeshadow didn't budge. I have somewhat dry eyelids to start - just a tiny little bit of oil on hotter days. I found blending difficult, but it was a good base for mineral and other loose eyeshadows. I would try it. If it doesn't make you itch, it's probably the best eye primer ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This can make even the cheapest eyeshadows last all day long. got me through the summer heat of chicago without my eye makeup melting. once you get it on, it doesnt come off though, so don't put this on your lids before experimenting with eyeshadows!

I also use it under lipstick, as a lip primer, and it works terrifically.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by staceyrella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never been able to wear eyeshadow before because my lids get so oily. This primer saved me. I can now wear eyeshadow for real without looking dirty and grimy in less than an hour. I will never buy anything else. I wish the packaging was better though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I'm jumping on the bandwagon...I have terribly oily eyelids and my job is very stressful/fast-paced; after about 1/2 hour all my makeup is in a slimy strip in the crease of my eye. Needless to say, I had really high hopes for this product and it totally delivered. Yesterday was the big test, I wore it to work and after having eyemakeup on for TEN FREAKING HOURS NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, had even budged. It was so amazing. I mean, I don't even know what else I can say except that it works. It was a tiny bit hard to blend my eyeshadow, but that's a minor price to pay. I took away one lippie cuz of the awful packaging (am so NOT looking forward to cutting open the tube)....but will ABSOLUTELY buy this again when it's gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by princessbb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I finally tried this with a deluxe sample from Sephora and after only two days of using it, I bought the full sized item. I normally use MAC paint pots as a base to my eyeshadow, but was still having oils and creasing on my lids by midday.

Now my eyeshadow stays fresh looking all day and never creases. I can run my finger over my lid at anytime and have that silky feeling. This stuff really is amazing. It goes on smoothe and you only need a tiny amount to blend over your lid. I sometimes use this as a base alone, but most the time I use it first with my MAC paint pot over it to really have a flawless base to whatever shadows I am using.

The price is good for what it accomplishes and although I have heard many people complain about the packaging...I think the pretty purple and silver "genie" bottle is adorable and there seems to be quite a bit of product in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by whisperedmayhem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh lawdy, I didn't know what I was missing out on until I bought my PP! I'm anxious to see what happens when it starts running low... but so far, I absolutely love it. (However, it would also probably be helpful to know that I've tried no other primers besides this one!)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by SixPomegranateSeeds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Works great, not worth the price because of the horrible wasteful packaging. I will be trying Too Faced Eye Insurance soon, and hopefully it works as well as UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by meggers889

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked really well. It kept on my make up and worked as a great base. However, it was fairly expensive. There are other products such as plain foundation that works just as well as this.
But, overall, it is a great product. I would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by singalong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alright I'm in love with this primer! I love the way the packaging look a cute little purple potion but as most of you know you'll have to open it up to get the rest of the product. I have yet to come to that point but so far to me it's so worth the time to get to the rest product. My eyelids are grease pits that made it imposible to wear eyeshadow no matter what quality it would crease in a hour. But now my eyeshadow will last at least 10 hours and at the first sign of a crease I go over it with a brush and problem fixed for at least a couple more hours. Wow great product I'll buy it for the rest of my life I hope urban decay never stops making this heavenly primer.