MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 6/11/2003 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best powder foundation that I have tried so far. It makes my oily/acne-prone skin look flawless. I have very large, noticeable pores and this covers them nicely. I wear C40 which is the perfect match for my hard to match yellow-olive toned skin. It gives nice light-medium coverage. I noticed a lot of other people who reviewed this product experienced breakouts. I've noticed this too, but I dont think it's from the product itself, but from the sponge. As long as I change the sponge ever 1-2 mos I dont have this problem.

on 6/8/2003 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This is the only foundation I've used that doesn't irritate my acne prone skin. I like the coverage, you really can't tell that I have on makeup. My skin does get oily after a couple of hours- but I do have very oily skin. The price is pretty up there- but it does last a very long time. I'm a GGG (African-American) and I wear NC42. UPDATE- This started to break me out :( So, I only use it on special occasions. I started using Origins Silk Screen daily and its much kinder to my skin.

on 6/3/2003 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I keep buying this hoping that it would be better each time I try it. It doesn't. I love MAC, but their foundations, particularly this one, makes me very orange despite any color that I try. It gives good coverage, but too cakey. It also makes my oily skin even greasier, yet on my dry patches, it emphasize them. But if you must try it, tell the sales people to put it on all over your face and walk around for atleast an hour or so, so you can get the feel of it.

on 6/2/2003 5:36:00 PM

I have had the same C3 compact for over 3 years and started wearing it again recently. I never really liked it because I felt that it didn't compliment my skin tone and also did not control my oilies at all. All these years later... still the same verdict. It just doesn't do what I need it to do. My skin feels rather oily a few hours after applicationn and my husband told me it made me look dead! I thought that perhaps I wasn't a true C3, and went around to various MAC MA's who all told me that I was indeed a C3....So much for that rediscovery.

on 6/2/2003 8:27:00 AM

Great foundation powder. Uou build up the amount you need and it almost always looks natural. I apply this over my normal foundation and my make-up lasts all day. It's amazing really because even though it's a powder it never looks powdery the way most others do I guess it's just super finely milled! I apply with a large powder brush and use NC30 which is a neutral colour that is perfect for yellow toned, light-medium olive complexions.

on 6/1/2003 12:40:00 PM

I've been using this for a couple of months now, and I find that I usually reach for it only when I'm pressed for time in the mornings. I agree with silvershimmer that this takes some time before it settles down, and for that I take off one lipstick. I am C2 and the color matches me nicely, but if only it does not just sit on my face for a while before deciding to blend in and make me look beautiful !!!

I use this foundation powder every summer when my normal/dry skin becomes normal and I am prone to a shiny T-zone. I use C2 which is a light yellow colour that suits my Asian skin. I don't use a sponge to apply. I use my fluffy Quo powder brush to dust a couple layers on my face.
I took off one point because when Studio Fix is first applied, it tends to look a little bit powdery/chalky and it takes around 10-20 minutes for it to transform into a perfect finish the exact same colour as my skin. Studio Fix is $25 CAD.

on 5/30/2003 3:52:00 PM

Nice coverage but i prefer something more sheer. The worst draw back for me is that it oxides too quickly under hot climate!!

This powder is great. The color is natural and it goes on without streaking or dragging. Great stuff!

on 5/27/2003 1:05:00 PM

whoa- there are at least three seperate reviews for StudioFix. Anyway, Studiofix is one of my makeup essentials. I love to use it on it's own in the summer, and now that I have that awesome Bobbi Kabuki brush it goes on like a dream. But I also use it during the cold winter months to set my Face and Body foundation in the t-zone and to provide a little extra coverage around the nose. I love the coverage, and the flawless finish it offers as well as the fact that it lasts forever. I get at least eight months use out of my compact and I use it nearly every day of the week. A staple for me. I wear N3, but use N2 in the Face and Body foundation, because the N3 was too yellow/orange. N3 in StudioFix is just perfect, not too warm, not too cool, just he right shade for my skintone. Love it.