April 23, 2014 | 1588 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2002 12:02:00 PM More reviews by tcdawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite foundation EVER. Love that it's a powder and I can just slap it on in the morning when I don't have time to mess around with blending a liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2002 5:29:00 PM More reviews by noelle2328

First off, I must describe my skin type: Extremely sensitive (meaning, only a handful of products will not turn me red/irritate my skin in some way), combination, and very acne-prone. I purchased this because I was looking for a powdery foundation with a nice matte finish and excellent coverage and staying power. StudioFix gave me all of this, with NO breakouts whatsoever. It goes on sooo smooth, and the color match is perfect (C2; I'm light with yellow undertones), it actually makes my skin glow! I love how it lasts all day, and never streaks or cakes on me. Of course, I still have to blot my face with oil absorbing sheets, as my skin is oily, but I notice that my skin oil does not alter the color or break it down. So if you're looking for that picture-perfect, flawless matte finish, I would strongly suggest that you try this! And there are so many colors, you are sure to find the perfect match for you!

**UPDATE 2/04** I have since gone back to this after feigning makeup junkie fever and trying everything on the horizon. People say it looks very natural on me, and I get compliments on my skin when I wear it. My hypersensitive skin has not reacted to this, and the price is right.

**Update 3/09 - Still using this and love it. I have tried almost every powder foundation out there (Chanel, MUFE, Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder DW, Everyday Minerals, etc) and I always come back to this. Oddly enough, I find I get the best finish when I use the enclosed sponge (not common, I know); I guess something about my skin's weird texture needs the sponge to smooth the foundation out. Everytime I try to use a brush, it gets cakey in areas that my skintone is rough/scaly/dry, and it looks too white for me. But applied with the sponge, the color is spot-on and you cannot tell I am plagued by dry patches on parts of my cheeks. I think that if you get the right color/tone for your skin, this will look very nice on you and not fake at all. Love the lasting power as well, even through multiple blottings (I'll probably blot until I'm 60 with my skin). Bottom line is, take the reviews with a grain of salt. There are many products I did not like that got high reviews here. You have to find what's right for you, and no one else! Hope your foundation hunt ends here like mine did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2002 4:04:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This didn't work as well as Aveda Dual base for me. It sits on top of my skin and looks powdery. It accentuates dry and oily spots. It works best when I apply with a brush, and then wipe off excess with the sponge. I love the color selection though. If Aveda had the MAC color selection, that would be the perfect powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2002 4:57:00 PM More reviews by kitkat85

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! No matter what I try, I always come back to it. Studiofix covers nicely, deosn't look cakey, & has a wide color range. I also love that it doesn't make me look shiny & it seems to have pretty good staying power :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2002 7:53:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This is a great product. The Studio Fix powder foundation is great and comes in great shades. If you have a sheer foundation on and dont want to use a powder or concealer, just put this on overtop with a brush, it evens everything out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2002 1:27:00 AM More reviews by misst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm Asian with fair skin and I use C3. I've been using Studio Fix for the past 4 years and I definitely have no complaints! It lasts all day long, and it has great coverage without being too heavy. It's awesome because I don't need to use liquid foundation, and it's way better than regular pressed powders. Lasts a lot longer too! It doesn't dry out my skin, and does a good job removing shine. I like the packaging because it has 2 compartments to separate the sponge applicator so that it doesn't "sit" on top of the powder. MAC has a huge selection of shades so you're bound to find an exact match! The price is extremely reasonable especially compared to other high end products that don't work as well. I much prefer my Studio Fix to NARS Pressed Powder. Until a product proves better, I'm definitely sticking to this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2002 2:47:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a holy grail for me. Highly recommend and nice coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2002 4:26:00 PM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thick, caky, does not stop oil, and hard to blend. Although NC-30 is such a perfect match, it still wouldn't help much. MAC, you could have done better, after all you are a professional line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2002 10:47:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

I always use this powder. Its a staple product , it really marries the foundation together. Its a nice soft texture. It comes in the widest range of neutral shades, that aren't overly peach or orange in colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2002 8:34:00 AM More reviews by shree

I'm in LOVE! This product is wonderfull! I bought it after asking about what foundation powder to get and thanks to all the ladies that helped I finally chose this. The colour is PERFECT and its the first for me as all the others seem to cater for the lighter shade! However, the SA told me that it wasn't matte so i got the BLOT Powder as well and I just blot my T zone after finishing with my make up and its stood the test in Hot and Humid Malaysia! Yey!!!!