October 31, 2014 | 1373 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2003 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Kelly207

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely horrible for my oily skin. It seemed to make my skin more oily and it started to separate on my face after a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wouldn't recommend M*A*C's Studio Fix, unless you can find the perfect color for your skin. I purchased mine at the M*A*C store at Fashion Centre Mall at Pentagon City in DC, and received, quite possibly, the worst service ever in a cosmetics store. After being totally ignored for about 20 minutes while browsing for the right shade, I finally sought help, and the advisor picked absolutely the wrong shade for me, which is partly the reason I don't like the product. She chose C3 for me, and I'm quite pale with yellow undertones. This shade looks like a dark orangey-beige on my pale skin! Yuck! Well, color mismatch aside, the foundation really doesn't provide the coverage I'd like, wet or dry. I'm so disappointed in the product's performance, especially after having read so many good things about Studio Fix! With combination skin, I have a couple of dry patches on my cheeks occasionally, and Studio Fix really emphasizes them. Back to the quest for perfect foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is ok - the naming convention still puzzles me no end. I like the fact that they are portable but I don't like the finish they give me -- even with my oily skin, it's too powdery. And it doesn't seem to stay on well when applied dry. It's just medium when better products are available for the same or less money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by merline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like studio fix! i have a super sensitive skin, this is the only powder i didnt get skin rashes,i have tried bunch of expensive powders out there but i got skin reaction few hours after applying it! hope they will not change the formula and ingredients. edited- [oh! after a week of using i got skin rashes so its not good for me! im using chanel now ,will see?]

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2003 12:21:00 AM More reviews by yellowskingirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

my skin: pale olive, i look good in cool colors. combination acne prone dry skin and usually broken out on chin and cheeks due to hormonal stuff, and i have red hyperpigmentation and need coverage.

I use this in nc30, see my pics. it's a bit too light now though. ok if you have combo skin, lightly swiped with the sponge, over good non-greasy concealer. Otherwise it'll look a bit too dry on your dry areas, and streaky in oily ones especially for those of us who have not found a moisturizer we trust yet.

it's good stuff, for those with good skin, the colors and coverage are amazing, as with most mac products, just not so skin friendly.

good for finishing with a big brush, or touch ups. keep your sponges clean to avoid break-outs!

UPDATE: I dont use this cause it's way too drying and I dont like the dry/matte look anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2003 4:51:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After all these years- I come back to this foundation. ( I started using this in 1996! ) I started to get break outs and thought it was because of this- not the case ( it was hormonal.) I found that it works best with a kabuki type brush- it gives really good coverage and the color selection is great. ( I found that C35- works the best for me, shame that MAC doesn't offer that color in their other range of face products. ) I don't use this as a touch ups during the day- otherwise it cakes ups and looks funny- that's what Blot powder is for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 2:34:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. Love this. NC20 great coverage, I don't find it to be too thick. Here's my use of it. I wash my face in the AM, apply Kiehl's ultra facial moisturizer, then apply MAC spf 15 concealer to spots, then dust on MAC loose powder in NC20 to set and then go on to other makeup (eye, lip etc). I use the Studio Fix as touch-up during the day! Perfect after use of blotting film. It's so great because you can just put it where you need it (under eyes, nose, chin) and it keeps you looking fresh and clean all day. So nice, and fabulous! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 2:31:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this. NC20 great coverage, I don't find it to be too thick.

So nice, and Fabulous x 10! :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2003 2:39:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

Studiofix foundation is great. It gives great coverage but doesn't look overly obvious. I seem to be fickle when it comes to foundations so while I do like this one, I rotate with my other foundations as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2003 8:49:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the Studiofix foundation..It's a dry powder that you can build on to full coverage..I love the coverage it gives but my only gripe is that I get oily really fast. I have combination skin so that happens anyway. You have to be careful with picking the right color or sometimes it can turn orange..This is a staple in my make-up box but I wouldn't recommend this for very dry skin..Be careful not to get it around your eyes or it will emphasize them like most powder foundations.