August 23, 2014 | 1896 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2003 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Deeny

I'm a sheer-foundation type of girl, so a full-coverage product like Studio Fix kinda scared me. As it turns out, my fears were unfounded! I still don't like to use it with the sponge, but with a brush this stuff is fantastic! Plus, I emailed a MAC artist (so I could buy online) and she picked the perfect color for me, just from a description! It makes my skin look nearly flawless, and feels like nothing on. Terrific product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2003 11:08:00 PM More reviews by delphic

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why people are so in love with this product. It must be some mass hallucination, or else everyone has bought into the hype. I have combination skin, no major breakouts or blotchiness. I was looking for something lightweight to even out my skin tone. I saw a photo of myself wearing Studio Fix and I was appalled; I looked drawn and tired and nearly twice my age. I exchanged it for "Spice" lipliner, which I love. Kudos must go to MAC, however, for their color selection and the vibrancy and quality of their lipsticks and eye shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2003 8:49:00 PM More reviews by dannbell

I absolutely love this product. Its quick,easy to apply, and lasts. * update- have found that I need to use a *super* hydrating cream on the skin before using this, as it will enhance any dryness.its a Ok product, not sure if I will buy again*

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2003 12:48:00 AM More reviews by pdlsprite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this product! i used covergirl and maxfactor products before this, and i'll never go back. studiofix works very well with just about any kind of liquid foundation, but i usually use it by itself. it's not a bad price either. packaging looks very slick and compact, and i WILL buy this product over and over. i've heard stories about this product being drying and causing pimples, but i've not had that problem at all, and i have fairly sensative skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2003 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Robin_CT

I really like this color and product! The NC-20 matches my really pale skin and evens out my skin tone nicely. This is the first product that matched my undertones and pale pale skin!

I agree that if you have dry skin, you MUST moisturize first. But it's a nice product and lasts forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2003 1:09:00 AM More reviews by switcks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used MAC Studio Fix powder foundation (I'm really not into liquid foundation except for Clinique super makeup) I really like this one because it's not cakey. Although I have heard that it gets oily after a while. I have to say that I have not experienced that thus far. I would definetly buy this product again.

UPDATE: AFTER 2 MONTHS I NOTICED THAT MY SKIN HAD STARTED TO GET THE OILIES THAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT. I DON'T THINK I WILL BE PURCHASING THIS AGAIN ANYMORE.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:33:00 AM More reviews by shaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the hardest time finding foundations that match my skin. People look at me and think pink, when they put it on they can't figure out what's wrong. I am defnitely more yellow and this in C3 is perfect. I use this in place of foundation and it gives a medium coverage. I have very oily skin and it doesn't change colour or go oily looking right away. Controls my oilies about 3 hours. You absolutely cannot touch up with this or it will cake. I blot with papers or Chanel T-Mat and dust lightly with pressed powder if I need to. This wears very well, so I find blotting is enough for a day at work. If I am going out I may touch up with pressed powder on top, or dust this on very lightly with a brush. No breakouts, love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2003 5:18:00 AM More reviews by sharilynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i used to like this product when my skin was oilier....now that its more dry, this stuff looks horrible on my skin, its too dry, and makes my skin flake, and tends to look cakey....bleh!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2003 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Tamendo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used Studiofix in C3 for several years b/c my sister did. I have dry skin and even after moisturizing it, the pressed powder foundation would highlight the dry patches on my face. I know use their loose powder after I moisturize. I may try another brand of powder though when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2002 11:40:00 PM More reviews by MelodyKat

I cannot use this product. I have normal skin and it was nice for the first 2 weeks then it started looking cakey and dry and this was the summer time. I later went back to the counter to ask why and was told to:a)replace the sponge(which I did),and b)do not reapply for touch-ups.
Ladies remember it is a FOUNDATION!!! So be very careful. I was using it for touchups and it was terrible. It isn't meant for reapplying.