July 28, 2014 | 1463 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2003 1:09:00 AM More reviews by switcks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used MAC Studio Fix powder foundation (I'm really not into liquid foundation except for Clinique super makeup) I really like this one because it's not cakey. Although I have heard that it gets oily after a while. I have to say that I have not experienced that thus far. I would definetly buy this product again.

UPDATE: AFTER 2 MONTHS I NOTICED THAT MY SKIN HAD STARTED TO GET THE OILIES THAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT. I DON'T THINK I WILL BE PURCHASING THIS AGAIN ANYMORE.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:33:00 AM More reviews by shaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the hardest time finding foundations that match my skin. People look at me and think pink, when they put it on they can't figure out what's wrong. I am defnitely more yellow and this in C3 is perfect. I use this in place of foundation and it gives a medium coverage. I have very oily skin and it doesn't change colour or go oily looking right away. Controls my oilies about 3 hours. You absolutely cannot touch up with this or it will cake. I blot with papers or Chanel T-Mat and dust lightly with pressed powder if I need to. This wears very well, so I find blotting is enough for a day at work. If I am going out I may touch up with pressed powder on top, or dust this on very lightly with a brush. No breakouts, love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2003 5:18:00 AM More reviews by sharilynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i used to like this product when my skin was oilier....now that its more dry, this stuff looks horrible on my skin, its too dry, and makes my skin flake, and tends to look cakey....bleh!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2003 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Tamendo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used Studiofix in C3 for several years b/c my sister did. I have dry skin and even after moisturizing it, the pressed powder foundation would highlight the dry patches on my face. I know use their loose powder after I moisturize. I may try another brand of powder though when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2002 11:40:00 PM More reviews by MelodyKat

I cannot use this product. I have normal skin and it was nice for the first 2 weeks then it started looking cakey and dry and this was the summer time. I later went back to the counter to ask why and was told to:a)replace the sponge(which I did),and b)do not reapply for touch-ups.
Ladies remember it is a FOUNDATION!!! So be very careful. I was using it for touchups and it was terrible. It isn't meant for reapplying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 3:50:00 PM More reviews by genniphir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd give this up "over my dead body"! This is one thing I'd never live without. I hate liquid foundation, and always wore powder only. Having dry skin, it was hard to find a powder that didnt "flake" on my skin. This is awesome. I apply with a brush though, not the sponge. I would rather do without that thing. Goes on too heavy with that. Try a brush with it if you're not totally sold on this product.
:-)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2002 7:30:00 PM More reviews by NarsBars

Yup, even against all the reviews of it being chalky, drying, and makeupy, i went ahead and bought it without even trying it. i must say, i happen to have a lot of dry spots, and keeping My skin look fresh and un-flaky is getting incrasingly difficult, but this stuff did't really accentuate any bad spots as much as my Almay kinetin foundation, which shouldnt be drying at all! so i was suprised, but i do only wear it over my la mer creme, and Origins tinted moisterizer so... Also in the sun, when i looked in the mirror in natrual light, every pore was magnified on my cheeks, when before, i barley knew they even existed! but the coverage was pretty good, but nothing special. Well, i hope i use this up fast so I can go by Awake hydro touch or something. good riddins

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2002 2:54:00 PM More reviews by danielleashley

I have been using this for a couple of weeks now. Although the coverage is buildable enough, I find that I like it better as a powder rather than an all over foundation. Right now, I am using just a little liquid foundation/concealer over old scars and under my eyes and then I dust this on with a fluffy brush. That way, there's no caking up and not as much unnecessary "stuff" on my face. I do find it difficult to use as an overall foundation because it tends to be noticeable in the areas where I try to build up the coverage. However, if I just dust it like powder over my foundation/concealor, it's a very smooth finish and the areas w/ more product don't stand out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

I used this for a long time and tried a few shades, but somehow I never got the right shade. There's always a mob of people at the counter, so trying to flag down a good makeup artist was a chore! It also felt a little heavy and cake-y at times. I'll try it again...I'm sure of that!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2002 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Beachgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first your face looks absolutely flawless and you can't believe how good your skin looks. Well, give it a few hours and your pores will look like volcanoes and the shine will blast through the makeup. End result: Oily Mess!