November 25, 2014 | 1676 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2003 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Return_Queen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product looked too dry and cakey on my skin. But, I do keep it in my purse to "prep" my lips for lipstick/liner. It works well for that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2002 3:00:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

Horrible stuff, this. The effect is the same as you would get with stage makeup- thick, dry, cakey and flakes on even slightly dry areas. I would rather go without makeup than wear this, it's pore-clogging and just awful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 8:43:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few weeks now, and it's Fantastic-- it evens out my skin tone very well. It's the most flawless-looking foundation I've tried so far. It's perfect on my combination (slightly oily nose) skin. I'm usually afraid of foundations and feeling "gunky," but I don't even notice it.

If you want lighter coverage, use a brush (as others have suggested) instead of the sponge. This stuff lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2003 6:41:00 PM More reviews by geniusgurl

I didn't get C2, but the coverage for this is amazing. It's kinda powdery-looking unless you use moisturizer right before it though. Still the best I've tried, and worth the price of $22.50

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2003 9:34:00 AM More reviews by dorothyCT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the beginning I loved this product. I loved the ease with which it went on (I applied it with MACs small buffer brush and would recommend doing it no other way - awesome brush).

I tried very hard to love this product but I could not, in the end, do it. I think my skin does not make enough oils to make this product look good on me. I felt chalky and dry. The product did make my face look flawless - great coverage and felt so light.

I used NW20. With the buffer brush it went on quickly and evenly. It stayed put all day long. I really wanted this product to be perfect for me but it wasn't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 3:45:00 PM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is currently my staple powder foundation, the one i dumped aveda's dual base for. i tried nc20 which was a touch too light and settled for c25 which is just about right, though a little on the yellow side. smooth, even coverage, lasts well. my only gripe is that it can be a tad too grainy and dry on some days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 3:41:00 PM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ingredients: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013 continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2003 5:10:00 PM More reviews by kogepan

I really didn't like this foundation too much. I used to use Aveda Dual Base and then my oilies started to melt it, so I had to find something else. Studio fix doesn't do much in oil control. It also feels dry on. MAC rep matched me to NC-25 but I think it's too golden on my yellowish skin. I also wish the texture was more silky like Dual Base. It's a great price and if you're a stickler for color match, it may be worth your while to check out. It just didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2003 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Kelly207

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely horrible for my oily skin. It seemed to make my skin more oily and it started to separate on my face after a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wouldn't recommend M*A*C's Studio Fix, unless you can find the perfect color for your skin. I purchased mine at the M*A*C store at Fashion Centre Mall at Pentagon City in DC, and received, quite possibly, the worst service ever in a cosmetics store. After being totally ignored for about 20 minutes while browsing for the right shade, I finally sought help, and the advisor picked absolutely the wrong shade for me, which is partly the reason I don't like the product. She chose C3 for me, and I'm quite pale with yellow undertones. This shade looks like a dark orangey-beige on my pale skin! Yuck! Well, color mismatch aside, the foundation really doesn't provide the coverage I'd like, wet or dry. I'm so disappointed in the product's performance, especially after having read so many good things about Studio Fix! With combination skin, I have a couple of dry patches on my cheeks occasionally, and Studio Fix really emphasizes them. Back to the quest for perfect foundation!