December 20, 2014 | 1698 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 10:20:00 AM More reviews by delicious_dish

Fabulous. My favorite thing about this product is that you are in control of how much coverage. You can go the spectrum from sheer to full depending on how you choose to apply it. I apply it w/ a powder brush on good days, and on bad days I use the sponge provided and get a little more coverage. Always looks natural, never cakey and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2003 1:09:00 PM More reviews by swalker29

Love this stuff! Great finish without looking like I have a cake face! Lasts such a long time! Great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2003 10:17:00 PM More reviews by funkergirl

This works great as a touch up powder for me. I couldn't use it as a foundation, because it wouldn't give me the coverage I need. I take it every where. It is my "pressed powder" when I use it as such it lasts me 6 months. It feels nice on my skin. It adds just the right coverage after my foundation is applied. I like it lots. But I agree that after awhile it is harder to apply because it kinda crumbles or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2003 4:33:00 PM More reviews by widdy

I have used this for several years and I still love it. I agree with SueG - brush application works best. The sponge does not work for me. Also, you really have to experiment with your moisturizers to get it right. UPDATE: A little too oily for me now. I switched to Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 4:26:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the texture of this product, as it's very fine and smooth. The problem I have is that it settles into the pores on my (dry) cheeks and looks like flesh-toned freckles. Would probably be good for someone with oilier skin.

Edit 7/12: I like this much better when applied with a brush...keeps it from settling in my pores and looking cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2003 4:12:00 PM More reviews by switcks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love most of MAC products. Especially the eyeshadow because it's cheaper than most brand name cosmetics line out there. I really love Studio fix at first, but lately, I've noticed that it makes my skin oily... it sucks... I am a powder-foundation type of girl. I don't like the fuss of liquid... so if anyone out there can recommend a great powder-foundation, please e-mail me. Thanks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2003 10:26:00 PM More reviews by hellokityy27

I am sooo disappointed!!! I had high hopes for this foundation since it's one of the few makeup lines with true yellow-based foundations (C2 was a perfect match) and it was my last resort since Bobbi Brown made me breakout. I ended up returning my Studio Fix foundation the day after I bought it because this was not the right formula for me. I have sensitive/combination skin, and the powder seemed to sink into my pores making them appear larger than they actually were. I made sure I moisturized really well before applying, but I still ended up with chalky, dry patches as well. I may try the liquid versions and see if they work better for my skintype. Beware all of you combo/sensitive girls, this may not be the one for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2003 6:52:00 PM More reviews by SueG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Studiofix has been my #1 foundation for quite a while now. Coverage can be customized, depending on whether you use a sponge or brush to apply. (I use a kabuki brush.) NC15 is a great match for my very pale skin, making it look finished without being chalky. I'm spoiled for the ease, speed and polish Studiofix provides. I can't imagine going back to liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2003 8:09:00 AM More reviews by firehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This one wasn't for me.
Pros: good color choice, great coverage, easy to apply. Cons: broke me out in just one day, accentuates dry patches (gets flaky), creases into fine lines, no oil-controlling properties.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 1:05:00 AM More reviews by clive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always come back to this easy foundation. I put it on dark circles and red spots with the sponge and use a big Stila brush to dust it over the rest of my face.