MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I found that this powder foundation does give good coverage but it dries my combo skin out too much. MAC does have a great yellow-based line.

I really wanted to like this, but it was just awful. The color was way too pale (I suppose a result of poor matching) and even after moisturizing made my face look dry and flaky. The coverage was that of any heavy powder. I can see, if this was in a good color, how it would work as a fuller coverage pressed powder to dust on with a brush, but to me its just...eww.

Was initially excited about using this prodfuct since MAC is basically Makeup Artist's choice but was sadly disappointed at the lack of staying power of this powder. It is great as a Studio/Portrait makep since length of staying power is really not as important. It seems to sit on the skin, much like a second layer and begins to clump and to accentuate lines within a few hours. A better choice is without a doubt Shiseido's Powder Foundation Compact, which settles beautifully onto the skin without feeling and appearing like an extra layer of skin. It also changes into a lovely dewy finish mid-day. Just beautful!

This product works best on oily or normal skin. I've been using this product in colour NC30 for about 4 years and recently started to only wear this during the summertime because my skin tends to be oilier then. Also, the dual coverage of the foundation and powder is perfect for quick application when I spend more time outdoors. In the winter months when my skin is drier, I switch to using their matte liquid foundation instead - I normally stick with MAC because they offer great colours for Asian and olive skin tones. The compact is also great because it keeps the sponge away from the product, neatly tucked underneath.

Me like this =D I got many compiments ever since I use this product. My friends said that my face is look eally flawless. So, what can I say, This has become my HG and definately going to buy it again after this one's finish =)

I LOVE this stuff. This is an absolute staple in my MU kit. I use this powder for almost all of my clients and myself. The coverage is brilliant and when dusted on with a brush rather than with the sponge applicator, it makes for a sheerer coverage - - so you can actually control the versatility. I recommend this to everyone except those with dry skin.

This covers wonderfully. BUT it seems to react with my oily skin somehow. Because after a few hours, it turns orange and makes my skin very very very oily. Yes, that's 3 verys! And then, of course, the breakouts. I really wanted to like this one because of it's perfect coverage. Can't win 'em all I guess. :)

I love this foundation. I used it for a short time in 2001 and really liked it, but had major skin problems (cystic acne), after I started using it. My derm said that it wasn't caused by the makeup, so I recently decided to give it another try. I've been using it for the past month with no problems. I'm very meticulous about cleansing and toning, plus I use Retin-A for acne. It covers very well for a powder. I've been on a search this summer for something that was simple and easy to apply but covers well--this is it. I do get oily and have to blot during the day, but I have to do that with any makeup that I've tried, so it's not a big deal. The makeup stays on all day. Once I apply it in the morning, I do not reapply. I only use a little blot powder throughout the day, and blot with tissues. I apply with either a make-up wedge, foundation brush or powder brush, depending on my mood. I will definitely repurchase this product. ****UPDATE (3/24/04)****Although I really liked this foundation and was able to get a perfect match (C40), I had to stop using it because I started to break out. It's weird, because I was able to use it for a couple of months before I started getting the small cystic-type bumps. I actually tried it a couple of times since writing this review and the same thing happened. Oh well....UPDATE 7/22/05---OK, I've got to finally give up on this foundation! I have an obsession with MAC that I am going to have to let go. I got this again in May, wanting to give it another try. This time I didn't break out in acne, but I started getting weird little rashes on my face. I'm not sure if it was this or the MAC Cleanse Off Oil, but I wasn't taking any chances, so I returned everything with "MAC" on it, and I've decided that I just cannot use their products. I'll get over it....

Refound product!!!! Because of the opaqueness of this foundation and its tendancy to look really funny if you get a mismatched color, I tend to stray, but finally matched myself as a NC42 and it works fabulously. This with a bit of Beccas Coffee concealor and I am good to go. This just stays forever even after dancing-Use it as a touch up over Select tint and it isnt as matte as you would think. And Cruelty Free-What else can you ask for?

If I had written this review five or six years ago, I would have given it five lippies for sure. But after having tried another product (Shiseido Powdery Foundation), I suddenly realize all the negative things about this foundation. First of all, it sits on top of your skin instead of blending in. I've never broken out with this, but I've heard it can happen with girls who have sensitive or acne prone skin. Also, it makes my face quite oily, as much as any other liquid or oil based product. The nice thing about this product is that it DOES conceal well, makes you look flawless on film, and provides even coverage if applied well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials