Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/10/2009 9:46:00 PM

This is great stuff. It really keeps my eyeshadow on without creasing it. All day long. A definite buy again.

on 5/10/2009 6:59:00 PM

For people experiencing problems with using UDPP and saying it still creases ~ try using a TINY amount. That is all. This stuff is good and does its purpose, my only gripe is the wasteful packaging, albeit it is cute and is shaped like a magic genie bottle. When I tried to depot it into a small tub, I found later on it dried up so horribly I couldn't get or dig my fingers into it, and had to chuck it away :(
The price is.. okay, bit pricey for me but it does work. I usually get mine on ebay but end up saving a few pounds, so there's no miracle way of getting it, unless you happen to catch a Buy one Get on free offer which you sometimes do at Christmas I think! :)
When it dries, it dries invisible and it feels slightly 'rubbery' to the touch. I usually pat on my eyeshadow softly instead of blending a lot as I don't really do blending techniques ~ I have tried several times and it does sometimes prove a little more work into blending..Overall it is a good product.

on 5/9/2009 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the product but gave it a low rating because of the stupid wastful packaging. I'm not spending $16 dollars on any product I have to take a steak knife and cut open to get the bulk of the product. I feel so cheated by this company because how many of these bottles did I go through before I finally saw someone cut it open and get about 80% more product out of? There are other primers out there that are just as good without the wasteful packaging! If you are not cutting your bottle open you are wasting A TON of product!!!!

on 5/9/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This primer is fantastic at keeping your shadow on, which also makes causes it to make them harder to blend. It can be drying on the lids when you first start wearing it, I found that stopped after a while.

I HATE the packaging. It's just stupid, you can't get all of the product out. Some people cut the tube with serrated knife, I'm not risking cutting myself for a few dollars of product. What I do do, though, is take out the stopper after I feel that the tip isn't pulling out much product. This doubles the life of the product. A tube lasts me almost a year with regular wear.

There are other primer out there that I really like, Like Lumene and ArtDeco, but I will continue to buy this from time to time, it's a great product, too bad the packaging sucks.

on 5/8/2009 6:36:00 PM

I've heard SO much about this primer and let me tell you this, IT IS SO WORTH IT. This is my first eyeshadow primer and I love love LOVE it. My eyeshadow would never stay on after an hour or so but with UDPP it stays on for about 6 hours with no creasing. Around 7 or 8 hours, there is some slight creasing but nothing too major! The eyeshadow colors appear much brighter and smoother. I'd love to try this with some drugstore eyeshadows to see the result and I bet they would last longer and appear brighter too. Since there's been a ton of reviews on this product, I'm not going to get into too many details but all I have to say is GET THIS.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Well, all I can say is that UDPP did not work on my very oily lids. I was very disappointed because it did not live up to all the hype and it was expensive at $16.00 for .34 fl oz. bottle. UDPP has a nice soft consistency but it creased my eye shadows within a hour or so. I have had longer lasting power from eyeshadows when I wasn't wearing a base than when I used UDPP.

I would not recommend this product if you have an oil slick on your eye lids as I do, so my hunt for eyeshadow base continues.

on 5/8/2009 12:12:00 AM

UPDATE 12/9/09: I think this deserves a 5 out of 5. For the product itself. I know the packaging is really bad. I mean real bad, but what I did, and many others did was cut it open and depot it. I thought it was almost gone, but once I did that, I had sooo much more it was crazy! I filled a whole ELF mineral eyeshadow jar with it. So after doing that, I say its well worth the money. It will last a long time. I just wish I had done this with my first jar.
And as far as the product goes, it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing all day long, and my shadow looks bright and vibrant all day long.

on 5/7/2009 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is pretty good until you try Too Faced Shadow insurance. I found UDPP to be too sticky and I really don't like the want. It's gross to put something on your skin and then stick it back in a bottle. The bottle is awful. You cannot get the last quarter of the product out unless you cut the packaging. Then, if you cut the packaging, the product dries out.

I will not be repurchasing. So, overally..decent (not great) product. Horrible packaging.

it does what it says it will. it keeps the color on all day but the packaging is horrible. if you cut it open, you can a large half in there. also, it goes on chalky on my eyelids making eyeshadows impossible to blend. i guess my eyelids are too dry for this primer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!! I bought this product based on reviews off of youtube and at first I was like I am not paying $17 for a primer that I know will crease but I gave it a try and I am so shocked my eyeshadow truly doesn't crease even when it's hot and I am sweating. I love this so much. I am not complaining about the packaging because if and when they do change the packaging it will probably be smaller and at the same retail so they can keep it the way it is and I will keep depotting it.I love love love

Video Reviews & Tutorials