MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

i like the way this foundation looks for the first half hour i have it on. this foundation gives good coverage and looks natural, but had no oil controlling properties so my skin ends up looking very shiny after a short time. probably better for people with less oily skin.

good stuff. been using it for a while now just on the t-zone and chin. pretty happy with it. not HG for me though.

This my first venture into writing a review. I have been using MAC on and off for many years. I used to live in the apartment next to the salon that MAC {the original creator being a fellow Ryerson grad] first introduced their cosmetics in Toronto. Now that I am living in the states and work as a nurse {many long hours, occasional stress ha ha } I still find this product .. the studio fix to be long lasting and effective. I have sensitive skin that is somewhat dry and oily but one brush of this keeps me going for a 12 hour shift without touch ups. I am an NW20 {they changed their codes which confused me but I think I am on track now. I love this stuff and have tried everything in the last number of years because MAC was difficult to get here.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love Studio Fix powder. The coverage is awesome and the color I have blends in so nicely with my skin. It has this slight scent I don't like though. The puff that comes with it looks very nice has a fake leather look to it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this! I do not even want to use liquid foundation again after trying it. I am a PPP and I use NC15, I believe. The coverage is great with the sponge, and lighter if you use a brush. It covers blotchiness well and even blemishes. Would definately repurchase

i got the NW30 and NC25 but found out it looked too pink on me! im tan since i go swimming almost every day and i need something that is more golden beige... this is for swapping definitely.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sorry folks - this gave me a huge rash. I used it in combination with the pot concealer and was terribly disappointed with my skin's reaction. Had no trouble returning the product which was nice. I switched to Origins powder foundation and have used it for over a year with no problems.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this was too heavy/powdery for me .. and I used a brush to apply it .. it's good for people who want more coverage (as it is a foundation) .. but I wanted it to be more sheer .. I found it to be obvious on me no matter what I did (I had 3 diff shades too, I thought I liked it,lol)

After not using this for a few years, I came back to try it again out of sheer frustration of not being able to find a powder foundation to match my fall/winter color. Boy, am I glad I did! I am taking better care of my skin now, and didn't get any of the bad reactions I did in the past. The MA picked C2 for me, which I thought was too light, but she told me that it would most likely darken and get less yellow. She was so right! Great coverage and perfect color. I buff it on with a kabuki brush and get a wonderful porcelain finish. When my skin oils mix with it, it glows. If I put too much on, it looks a little cakey, but I just blot in and blend in with no problem. I generally prefer liquids, but for when I am in a rush, this is perfect. There are a couple other brands I like better for texture, but although this does look at little yellowish on, it is the best color match so far. EDITED to say the C2 really got yellow after wearing it for a few hours. Got N4 and it is the BEST. No more yellow or orange face. Yay!!

I have combination/sensitive skin and am loving this product. I used it years ago and have tried many other brands, but nothing measures up to Studio Fix. About 10 minutes after applying, it melts into my skin for a very natural look. I find brushing it on to work the best for me. This product has cut down my getting ready time significantly!

Video Reviews & Tutorials