July 30, 2014 | 2067 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THis emphasizes any dryness on my skin even if I think I have taken care of it with a moisturizer first. I do not like this product--although it seems to be popular and has a very wide range of shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2003 1:21:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I've used StudioFix pretty much every day for years now, love it, and it's obviously one of my staple products. I need extra coverage due to my ruddy complexion, and I always apply this over my foundation. I have them everywhere - home, purse, & office. My only complaint would be that it SEEMS that after being used for awhile, the product hardens up or something and doesn't apply as well as when it is newer. I sometimes "brush" the top to cure this, but the problem returns. That's really the only reason I'm not giving it 5 lipsticks. I should note that I have sensitive, combo skin, and have had no problems with breakouts or irritation with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2003 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Zezzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say that this is the only "foundation" I have purchased over and over again. Until I tried it I never really liked any foundation - be it liquid, compact, etc. It goes on very smooth and it evens out my skintone perfectly. I can get oily on my forehead so I just you their blot powder to control that.

I agree with other posters that you need to use this sparingly. Too much can make you look fake. If you are afraid to use the sponge just lightly brush it on. I do that alot in summer when less is necessary.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 3:31:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have C3 which suits my complexion (I'm usually the second or third lightest shade in foundations). The key to using this is to exfoliate and moisturize first because if you don't then it will emphasize every flake and dry patch on your face. I like that this is quick and easy to apply. One swipe lightly around my face provides sheer coverage. Of course if you are looking for more coverage than you can get it from this compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2003 4:58:00 AM More reviews by crimqueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good coverage, doesn't get cakey or oily. I haven't found my exact color match yet though--I'm in between shades. I dust it on with a brush, otherwise it can look cakey on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lauraje

I love virtually everything I have ever tried from MAC, but I have to say I thought the STUDIO FINISH MATTE FOUNDATION was a little disappointing. The coverage wasnt really enough for me and I thought my face was a bit oily from it as well. Not my fave MAC product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2003 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Nestevian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the compact foundation and it was just way to cakey. it suck right into the little lines on my face. my skin is dry as it is and this made me look worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2003 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't really like the Studio Fix. When I put it on I look really pasty and "all one color." I think the texture is too thick? I do like to wear it brushed lightly over a tinted moisterizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2003 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Deeny

I'm a sheer-foundation type of girl, so a full-coverage product like Studio Fix kinda scared me. As it turns out, my fears were unfounded! I still don't like to use it with the sponge, but with a brush this stuff is fantastic! Plus, I emailed a MAC artist (so I could buy online) and she picked the perfect color for me, just from a description! It makes my skin look nearly flawless, and feels like nothing on. Terrific product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2003 11:08:00 PM More reviews by delphic

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why people are so in love with this product. It must be some mass hallucination, or else everyone has bought into the hype. I have combination skin, no major breakouts or blotchiness. I was looking for something lightweight to even out my skin tone. I saw a photo of myself wearing Studio Fix and I was appalled; I looked drawn and tired and nearly twice my age. I exchanged it for "Spice" lipliner, which I love. Kudos must go to MAC, however, for their color selection and the vibrancy and quality of their lipsticks and eye shadows.