MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I have to say I use to work for MAC and this is truly the best powder foundation out there. Careful if you're on the dry side, use a good moisturizer underneath it and apply with a brush. Use the Lycopene from Kiehls and get it at Barneys co-op in chelsea, they are a great help in there.

on 8/28/2003 10:05:00 AM

This is a staple in my cosmetic bag. The finish is flawless. The color match for my pale skin is perfect! I was wary at first of how well it would cover, but it does an amazing job. I've been using it for years now and have found it to last really well too!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love my studio fix foundation in NC25, its alil light for my mmm or ggg skin colour but to top it up a notch, I mix it with cliniques glow crazy powder highlighter I got from a promo. It looks very nice with full coverage and do mix it up with bronze dust! It looks like a shimmery tan!

on 8/22/2003 12:08:00 PM

This offeres great coverage for my oily skin without looking caked on. I have very pale olive/yellow skin and they have a huge variety skin colors to choose from.

on 8/21/2003 9:33:00 PM

Perfect for people like myself who hate applying base. Covers fully and does not give unsightly lines of demarcation(as do liquid foundations set with powder) The applicator puff is good, but for a lighter finish use a big fluffy powder brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

When I first put this stuff on my face, my roommate walked over and said, "Wow, your skin looks great!" He was quite surprised to hear I was wearing makeup. There's a testimonial for you. As a person with funky mixed-Asian skin who could never before buy a decent foundation that didn't make her look like it was Halloween, I consider this the greatest foundation of all time: natural-looking coverage in a wide variety of shades, smooth finish, lasts all day. Now, the caveats. 1. Studio fix goes on light, then, as it absorbs your natural skin oils, darkens a shade or two. 2. If it's cakey in your creases, apply lightly with a big fluffy powder brush. 3. Do your best to get it on evenly, because as it absorbs your skin's oils, you'll look a bit mottled of you don't. 4. MAC, why won't you make the compacts refillable? 5. If it's halfway used up, be very, very careful handling the compact. The cake cracks, you lose your makeup, and you're out like 10 bucks worth of powder.

on 8/19/2003 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The best foundation/powder mix i've tried. It provides good coverage. It may be heavy at times especially in the summer.

on 8/19/2003 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Best foundation/powder mixed product i've tried so far, other products don't give me as nice of a coverage as this one.

on 8/14/2003 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well, my Studio Fix days are over. I'm now in my early 40's (yikes!) and it just doesn't look good on me anymore. Shows wrinkles too much and looks too dry. Not to mention I've been told by more than one Esthetician that it is really bad for your skin. They do say, however, that the mineral makeup foundation is good for skin. (I haven't tried it yet)
One thing I do thank MAC for is that I know I'm an NC30 and it provides a frame of reference when I'm communicating with other MUA'ers.

on 8/11/2003 10:32:00 PM

Well-worth the money. This makes my skin look really smooth (I wear it in all of the pictures in my info), and is worth the $26 price tag, I think. I do use oil-blotting paper every 2 or 3 hours, but that's fine with me. Use this light with a light hand because while this may feel like a powder, it spreads and blends very well. My shade is NC20.

Video Reviews & Tutorials