MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 6/17/2003 1:18:00 PM

I have been using MAC studiofix NC43 for about 5 years and I love it. It covers well and is great for combination skin. After 4 hours of wear I usually touch up the t-zone with MAC blot powder which works great. Can't expect for the t-zone not to shine under any kind of makeup, that's not realistic. One problem I had was near the end of one compact where I noticed it was going on much darker than usual. MAC's SA advice was to change the sponge every month,that makes sense. Anyway I did and it was back to its normal color again.

on 6/14/2003 7:00:00 AM

Great product I wear a C40 and it is wonderFuL! I wear it after I applied on my liquid foundation. Makes my face look clear and smooth, my face don't have any pores or anything but just a few little acne scars and some redness around my nose area also my face is alot lighter than my body,looks pale. So I wear foundation to make every part of me blend in . This product I recommend for those with more of oily skin, unless you wear lotion first before you apply the foundation on or you wear a liquid foundation before you apply the powder foundation on.I can't wear the foundation on alone, its ok and all but adding some powder on after gives it a better coverage. So your face looks more clear & smooth. But like I said wonderful product, Doesn't look cakey! not at all. UNLESS you applied too much! If you apply alot then it's not good. Go get yourself a darker shade. Or do what i do.

on 6/13/2003 7:22:00 PM

I am a foundation junky, and after a lot of raves about this product, I decided to jump in and take a ride. I had a high hope for this one, all the beauty magazine love this, my friend swear by this, and my sister in law used this for her wedding day, and her makeup looked flawless that day.
I was so dissapointed w/ this one, it makes my normal skin look dry and cakey, too powdery and by mid afternoon, my t-zone look greasy.
The color choice is awfull too . NC 30 is too light/greyish, and NC 35 is too orange/dark. The SA finally suggsted C3, but it's too yellow.
After about 1 month of using this I started to break out around my forehead and my chin, and I thought it just hormonal, and I actually used almost the whole compact. Once I stopped using this foundation my breakout was gone, and I switched back to my Clinique Superfit and people started complimenting my skin again.

on 6/11/2003 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best powder foundation that I have tried so far. It makes my oily/acne-prone skin look flawless. I have very large, noticeable pores and this covers them nicely. I wear C40 which is the perfect match for my hard to match yellow-olive toned skin. It gives nice light-medium coverage. I noticed a lot of other people who reviewed this product experienced breakouts. I've noticed this too, but I dont think it's from the product itself, but from the sponge. As long as I change the sponge ever 1-2 mos I dont have this problem.

on 6/8/2003 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This is the only foundation I've used that doesn't irritate my acne prone skin. I like the coverage, you really can't tell that I have on makeup. My skin does get oily after a couple of hours- but I do have very oily skin. The price is pretty up there- but it does last a very long time. I'm a GGG (African-American) and I wear NC42. UPDATE- This started to break me out :( So, I only use it on special occasions. I started using Origins Silk Screen daily and its much kinder to my skin.

on 6/3/2003 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I keep buying this hoping that it would be better each time I try it. It doesn't. I love MAC, but their foundations, particularly this one, makes me very orange despite any color that I try. It gives good coverage, but too cakey. It also makes my oily skin even greasier, yet on my dry patches, it emphasize them. But if you must try it, tell the sales people to put it on all over your face and walk around for atleast an hour or so, so you can get the feel of it.

on 6/2/2003 5:36:00 PM

I have had the same C3 compact for over 3 years and started wearing it again recently. I never really liked it because I felt that it didn't compliment my skin tone and also did not control my oilies at all. All these years later... still the same verdict. It just doesn't do what I need it to do. My skin feels rather oily a few hours after applicationn and my husband told me it made me look dead! I thought that perhaps I wasn't a true C3, and went around to various MAC MA's who all told me that I was indeed a C3....So much for that rediscovery.

on 6/2/2003 8:27:00 AM

Great foundation powder. Uou build up the amount you need and it almost always looks natural. I apply this over my normal foundation and my make-up lasts all day. It's amazing really because even though it's a powder it never looks powdery the way most others do I guess it's just super finely milled! I apply with a large powder brush and use NC30 which is a neutral colour that is perfect for yellow toned, light-medium olive complexions.

on 6/1/2003 12:40:00 PM

I've been using this for a couple of months now, and I find that I usually reach for it only when I'm pressed for time in the mornings. I agree with silvershimmer that this takes some time before it settles down, and for that I take off one lipstick. I am C2 and the color matches me nicely, but if only it does not just sit on my face for a while before deciding to blend in and make me look beautiful !!!

I use this foundation powder every summer when my normal/dry skin becomes normal and I am prone to a shiny T-zone. I use C2 which is a light yellow colour that suits my Asian skin. I don't use a sponge to apply. I use my fluffy Quo powder brush to dust a couple layers on my face.
I took off one point because when Studio Fix is first applied, it tends to look a little bit powdery/chalky and it takes around 10-20 minutes for it to transform into a perfect finish the exact same colour as my skin. Studio Fix is $25 CAD.