MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 8/7/2003 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I finally bought this one based on all the great reviews hoping it will work for me, too. But this powder made my skin too oily during the day and it also caused it to break out. Initially after trying this one at home when I first bought it, I was so impressed at how it made my skin looked flawless, and the color C4 was a perfect match for my skin. But then I got small bumps on my face at first I thought it was not because of the powder. But then after a couple of weeks using it, I tried to stop and return to my old powder. The small bumps went away the next day! I was really hoping this product will work for me, too, just like most of the people here. It also made my skin a little orange in the areas which are more oily. I guess just like what the others say here, the oil on the skin when mixed with the powder somehow creates that orangey look. I will be returning this today and will try the blot powder instead. Hopefully that will work.

on 8/2/2003 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE RULES OF BELLE2003 AND WHY PEOPLE MIGHT BE BREAKING OUT.

I'M A 21 YEAR OLD CHICK AND I DON'T HAVE ANY SCARS. I ALSO DON'T HAVE ANY BIG PROBLEMS WITH MY SKIN I JUST FELT LIKE I WAS AT THAT STAGE IN MY LIFE WHERE I COULD TRY FOUNDATION AND POWDERS. I ALSO THINK I HAVE UNEVEN TONE. HAVING SAID THAT, KNOW THAT THIS IS MY FIRST AND ONLY FOUNDATION I OWN.

I LIKE STUDIO FIX. I WOULD REPURCHASE AND I DO FIND IT COVERS NICELY. BUT I HAVE NOTHING TO COVER SO ITS YOUR CALL TO GO OUT AND PURCHASE OR NOT. ITS A TOUGH CHOICE AND HOPE OUR REVIEWS HELP.

on 7/30/2003 7:46:00 AM

I really love this product !! Great colour match with my skintone (I´m using N4), great staying power, nice texture, looks very natural, applies very easily and quickly without getting a stripy face...
It simply does the job !!

on 7/29/2003 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Incredible coverage. It simply makes your face look absolutely flawless...except that if you have sensitive/problem skin (like mine) you will pay the price the next morning. It totally breaks me out each and every time I use it.

on 7/29/2003 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

i've been using this on and off for about 7 years. although i have other liquid, stick, liquid-to-powder foundations, i always end up coming back to my studiofix. definitely a staple in my makeup bag.

on 7/27/2003 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I just can't seem to get this to work. By noon it has floated away-even with an oil absorbing moisturizer underneath.

on 7/27/2003 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Whoa, I am IMPRESSED!
I normally can't wear powder-based foundation because it usually makes my skin look dry and flaky... but I like compact foundations over liquid, so I usually stick to my Cover Girl Aquasmooth. However, I am beginning to think Aquasmooth is giving me a tad too much coverage (which may be breaking out my skin), so I'm going to put it away for the rest of the summer. I've heard raves about Studio Fix (from co-workers, MUA P'ville, etc.) so I gave it a try... and I love it! MAC has a fabulous variety colour-wise, so it was easy to find a perfect match (which was "C3"). I also love that it is oil-free, too. Studio Fix gives a more natural coverage than my Aquasmooth, and although it doesn't cover blemishes that well, it does tone them down and make them less-noticeable, without that godawful I'm-trying-to-cover-this-zit-but-it-looks-like-cake-finish. Best of all it looks perfect in natural sun/daylight. So far it hasn't broken me out, but I haven't been using it that long, so we'll see. My one complaint, I think it is a little too drying to be used as a base on my eyes, because when I put it on my lids they got a little tight feeling. Overall, I am generally very pleased for MAC Studio Fix and will repurchase if I continue to see these great results. continued >>

on 7/27/2003 3:28:00 AM

I usually love MAC products but this was kind of a let down!! It didn't cover nearly as well as I had hoped! And when I applied it and buffed off the excess like i usually do.. it came off anf took some of my concealer off as well...so i had to cever my blemishes all over again!! So I am still on the prowl for the perfect powder foundation.

on 7/26/2003 2:09:00 AM

this stuff has great coverage, great color match etc...but i still look like i have powder on. dont get me wrong, i luv the stuff but it doesnt like natural but maybe its just cuz my face is ghastly white!!(i tan with a towel over my face to prevent acne hehe:-))

on 7/26/2003 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This powder foundation looked ashy, fake, and was simply a disappointment for me. I couldn't make it look natural, no matter how lightly I applied it, and even with the application method of a powder brush. To make matters worse, it did nothing to control my oilies, but it DID accentuate any flakes I did have. So, my skin was an oily and a flaky mess! I've had no luck with MAC foundations though...the only one I kind of liked was their Select Tint (a tinted moisturizer), but the color still looked ashy on me...

Video Reviews & Tutorials