December 20, 2014 | 1073 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2003 11:10:00 AM More reviews by SAEMINAME

I have never been one to really wear make-up, but decided to try studio fix since I had heard such good things about it. I have alwasy used there blot powder with no problems...but this was awful. Iam still recovering from the breakouts. My cheeks and chin were covered and I don't usually even get breakouts there. I still have the scarring to prove it. I told the lady a the Mac counter and she said there was no way it could be the studio fix, it had to be my cleaning product. Convinced I gave it another chance, with the same horrible results. I have combination skin with occasional breakouts. I recently bought the new select sheer pressed powder. Wish me luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2003 12:20:00 PM More reviews by at183

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I heard so many rave reviews, but I've been pretty disappointed. I'm hoping it works better as my skin becomes less dry with the warmer weather. But in the winter with my dry skin it accentuated the flakey areas. THe best part of hte product though is the versatility - you really can use it as a touch up powder, foundation, and even to cover blemishes. I think it's probably best for people that don't have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2003 11:52:00 AM More reviews by littleleech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for almost 4 years now non-stop. It completely evens out my skin tone, and doesn't go on that heavy either. I know alot of people complained that it might be a better product for oilier skin. However, if you moisturize before using the product, and dust it on using a brush, it creates a nice finish. **UPDATE** I've had suspicions that this might have been the cause of little bumps around my mouth/chin, so i switched to something else for a few days... and the bumps are disappearing!! So I have to take off one point for this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2003 11:02:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is the one MAC product I completely detest. I just cannot wear Studiofix- and unfortunately, I don't even want to try any of their other foundations for fear of the same result.

The coverage is very cakey, unnatural, and terrible if you have the slightest dry patch anywhere. And yet, despite being so drying, it manages to turn into an oil slick on my skin within a few hours- how bizarre is that? At any rate, it wasn't wonderful for my skin either- it made it rough and uneven, with little bumps. Argh.

The only good thing is getting the perfect colour match- I still use NC20 to describe my skin tone! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2003 9:30:00 AM More reviews by notmyrealname

I love this foundation. It looks so natural but it evens out my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ineedbags

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I simply adore this product. It's not cakey at all and it evens out my skin. My skin looks perfect from day to night. Another MAC product that I will buy forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2003 12:49:00 PM More reviews by CoverModel

I was expecting more from this product but it provides decent coverage and it gives a natural effect.However, it can enhance flaky,dry skin and it can't compare to Bare Escentuals foundation. Bare Escentuals is still my preference and it gives the best coverage I found.Plus,it won't show dry patches on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2003 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Julie1

I love this product- they have so many shades that everyone should be able to find one to suit their complexion- I love the consistency and the packaging is so sleek and sanitary with the separate sponge compartment. Worth the $22 price tag IMO

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2003 12:27:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i had c3 and that was way too light and made me look pasty. i bought c4 and its way way way darker than c3 and looks orange and cakey and gets darker later in the day. this formula is too heavy and does not control oil at all. would not buy again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 6:21:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

iiiick. This foundations is so heavy ad it made me break out. It also made my face itch. I do not reccommend this product it you have alot of acne because it will make it stand out more. My skin is mostly clear and it made me break out and it made my skin look cakey. It you want to try this product I reccommend using a fat powder brush to apply it as opposed to the sponge it comes with or even better off use a face primer some liquid foundation with a sponge and some translucent loose powder on top. It will look a lot better, belive me.