MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 7/8/2003 2:04:00 AM

This has been my #1 product since I first started using it, when I was about 18- (6 yrs. ago)...I would definitely recommend this to anyone, whatever skincolor or type you may have...& everyone I have told about this product has continued to use it as well. As other reviewers have said- you must exfoliate, & moisturize, if needed; as this powder will emphasize any dry/flaky skin...But this is THE BEST powder-foundation I have found, no matter how many I try (& I have tried tons, always looking for something better) I always come back to this, realizing there are none better...I use the sponge applicator where more coverage is needed, & sometimes use a brush to apply all over the face...Coverage can go from sheer to full, depending on how you apply...It has great staying power, even on my very oily T-zone, & does not cake...It really leaves skin looking flawless...I have used a few different shades over the years- NC30, NC35, C2, C3, C30- I'm in this in between stage right now & need to get to the MAC counter for advice...but the color range is excellent, especially for those of us w/ yellow-toned skin...If you haven't already- go & buy this...$22 is very reasonable for this quality product; even when applied 5 days a week it has lasted me a good 6 months...Great Product...

on 6/30/2003 12:03:00 AM

I love this product, but I have a few tips for those who had problems with it. One: wash your sponge once a week and buy replacements when needed. Breakouts are caused by the accumulation of dirt and oil on your sponge! Two: A light hand is needed to apply. My compact lasts me about 6-8 months! You should NOT be using it up in one month! Three: Any MAC counter I know of insists that you try out the product first before you buy to make sure the colour is right. (ie: they apply to your face and you walk around and view in different light to make sure the colour is perfect)Four: try a different colour for the winter months (if you have winter!). That is all. I hope this helps.

* I stopped using this product as a trial to determine if it was contributing to my acne. Unfortunately I had to remove it from my HG list as it appeared to be a big culprit in my breakouts. However, I still think it's a great powder foundation. *

on 6/27/2003 2:20:00 AM

I like more of a natural look. This was too heavy for me...even when applied lightly.

on 6/26/2003 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i like how the sponge is seperate from the powder. i have this in nc20 and use it mainly in the fall & spring months. it does a good job evening out skin tone. this stuff would work best on more oily skin tones, as it can look dry sometimes.

This is the best powder foundation i have tried. I have NW15. This works great on my pale skin. I love the coverage it is heavier than any other powder foundation i had. I wish it wasnt so pricey though. But its worth it. Nothing compares.

on 6/20/2003 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I first discovered this when I was in 8th grade and saw a girl pull it out from her backpack. How she looked so glamorous powdering her nose with such a sleek compact. I told myself I had to buy it. Well, the first time I used it I loved it. I think cuz I didn't know any better. My face was always a different color than my neck, but at 14, I didn't think it was a problem. Fast forward 5 years. I tried it again, this time I noticed it didn't controll my oily face, and agian, it always looked as if I had too much makeup on my face. Finally @20, I realized it always turned orange on my face. I went back to the counter to tell them it turned orange, but they always insist that it was my color and my oils where turning it orange. Also, it always felt as if my skin was sufficating under the makeup. I now realize that it was the makeup all along. I finally learned that not all products change color just cuz the oils on your face. I learned that your skin can breath even with foundation on. From my experience, I will never go back to MAC Studio Fix.

on 6/17/2003 5:23:00 PM

I have comb/oily skin. I tend to breakout about twice a month and I have some acne scars on my lower cheeks. Studio fix really covers all blemishes and scars. It leaves skin with a matte finish. I really do not know what I would do without this product! It really saves me when I have horrible breakouts and need a lot of coverage. It is a powder foundation but I notice i usually get a big zit the next day if I don't wash it off at the end of the day ( i guess that is my fault)! I know some reviews state that this causes breakouts, i could see that happening but if you don't fall asleep with it on I think that will prevent it from happening. This is a great product and if I get shiney during the day I use the mac blot powder. It really is a great product and the color matches my skin perfectly!

on 6/17/2003 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know what the hype is all about. I was not pleased at all with this product.

on 6/17/2003 1:18:00 PM

I have been using MAC studiofix NC43 for about 5 years and I love it. It covers well and is great for combination skin. After 4 hours of wear I usually touch up the t-zone with MAC blot powder which works great. Can't expect for the t-zone not to shine under any kind of makeup, that's not realistic. One problem I had was near the end of one compact where I noticed it was going on much darker than usual. MAC's SA advice was to change the sponge every month,that makes sense. Anyway I did and it was back to its normal color again.

on 6/14/2003 7:00:00 AM

Great product I wear a C40 and it is wonderFuL! I wear it after I applied on my liquid foundation. Makes my face look clear and smooth, my face don't have any pores or anything but just a few little acne scars and some redness around my nose area also my face is alot lighter than my body,looks pale. So I wear foundation to make every part of me blend in . This product I recommend for those with more of oily skin, unless you wear lotion first before you apply the foundation on or you wear a liquid foundation before you apply the powder foundation on.I can't wear the foundation on alone, its ok and all but adding some powder on after gives it a better coverage. So your face looks more clear & smooth. But like I said wonderful product, Doesn't look cakey! not at all. UNLESS you applied too much! If you apply alot then it's not good. Go get yourself a darker shade. Or do what i do.