November 28, 2014 | 1796 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2003 1:09:00 PM More reviews by swalker29

Love this stuff! Great finish without looking like I have a cake face! Lasts such a long time! Great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2003 10:17:00 PM More reviews by funkergirl

This works great as a touch up powder for me. I couldn't use it as a foundation, because it wouldn't give me the coverage I need. I take it every where. It is my "pressed powder" when I use it as such it lasts me 6 months. It feels nice on my skin. It adds just the right coverage after my foundation is applied. I like it lots. But I agree that after awhile it is harder to apply because it kinda crumbles or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2003 4:33:00 PM More reviews by widdy

I have used this for several years and I still love it. I agree with SueG - brush application works best. The sponge does not work for me. Also, you really have to experiment with your moisturizers to get it right. UPDATE: A little too oily for me now. I switched to Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 4:26:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the texture of this product, as it's very fine and smooth. The problem I have is that it settles into the pores on my (dry) cheeks and looks like flesh-toned freckles. Would probably be good for someone with oilier skin.

Edit 7/12: I like this much better when applied with a brush...keeps it from settling in my pores and looking cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2003 4:12:00 PM More reviews by switcks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love most of MAC products. Especially the eyeshadow because it's cheaper than most brand name cosmetics line out there. I really love Studio fix at first, but lately, I've noticed that it makes my skin oily... it sucks... I am a powder-foundation type of girl. I don't like the fuss of liquid... so if anyone out there can recommend a great powder-foundation, please e-mail me. Thanks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2003 10:26:00 PM More reviews by hellokityy27

I am sooo disappointed!!! I had high hopes for this foundation since it's one of the few makeup lines with true yellow-based foundations (C2 was a perfect match) and it was my last resort since Bobbi Brown made me breakout. I ended up returning my Studio Fix foundation the day after I bought it because this was not the right formula for me. I have sensitive/combination skin, and the powder seemed to sink into my pores making them appear larger than they actually were. I made sure I moisturized really well before applying, but I still ended up with chalky, dry patches as well. I may try the liquid versions and see if they work better for my skintype. Beware all of you combo/sensitive girls, this may not be the one for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2003 6:52:00 PM More reviews by SueG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Studiofix has been my #1 foundation for quite a while now. Coverage can be customized, depending on whether you use a sponge or brush to apply. (I use a kabuki brush.) NC15 is a great match for my very pale skin, making it look finished without being chalky. I'm spoiled for the ease, speed and polish Studiofix provides. I can't imagine going back to liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2003 8:09:00 AM More reviews by firehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This one wasn't for me.
Pros: good color choice, great coverage, easy to apply. Cons: broke me out in just one day, accentuates dry patches (gets flaky), creases into fine lines, no oil-controlling properties.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 1:05:00 AM More reviews by clive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always come back to this easy foundation. I put it on dark circles and red spots with the sponge and use a big Stila brush to dust it over the rest of my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2003 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Rion

got a matching shade in NC35. i use it as a loose powder when i do not need that much coverage. it does not cake on me or look powdery. no spf and little oil-control.