Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 1/25/2002 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I know I'm in the minority here, but I hated this balm. The minty feel made my lips seem more dry. It also felt waxy on my lips. It was $2.50 where I bought it and I thought that was a lot for a chapstick.

on 1/13/2002 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a self-proclaimed lip balm addict. I usually have at least 4 or 5 tubes open at one time. I always reach for this one. It smells delicious and like another reviewer said, it can freshen you up if you are unable to brush your teeth. It is very smooth and the packaging is adorable.

on 1/5/2002 1:57:00 PM

I suggest buying this in the tube and not the tin. I found the balm in the tin to be drying and waxy. The balm in the twist up tube is great btw. Awesome minty feel and is moisturizing. Smells/feels great like all of BB's stuff! :)

on 1/5/2002 4:55:00 AM

Great lip balm! Not quite as moisturizing as I'd really like, but darn close! Great price, wonderful smell, and I especially love the tingly peppermint flavor. Mine actually seemed to get more moisturizing as I got further down the tube, strange as it sounds, so I like it even better now. Ingredients are great also, I love Burt's line!

on 1/2/2002 7:00:00 PM

good basic lip balm - neither amazing nor awful. also, pretty cheap. however, for a basic lip balm in a stick, i'd go with the neutrogena norwegian one - cheap, nonwaxy, no taste, and SPF. and for a splurge - philosophy kiss me or kiehls have my hearts continued >>

on 12/17/2001 11:57:00 PM

I bought TWO, that's why. But I think this is the kinda thing that I'll use because it gives my lips that tingly feeling. FUn for a while kinda deal.
It IS waxy. I have trouble gliding my lips across each other, because they just seem to STICK. The smell isnt the best thing, and the packaging is red and yellow - a bit on the tacky side.

I would use Body Shop's Vit. E stick.

on 12/14/2001 9:10:00 PM

I don't abhor this small lip balm stick. However, the strong menthol flavor causes headaches and sometimes it's very irritating.
If Burt remove menthol from the ingredients list, I will try it again.

on 12/9/2001 10:24:00 AM

I love the lip balm in the stick form. I use it constantly. Love the way my lips tingle. My husband just took mine, so I must buy another one! ;) The lip gloss in the jar is nice too, but I mainly use it on my cuticles.

on 12/7/2001 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Cute packaging, I like that it's lighter than the usual waxy balms. If you have dry lips, this won't solve your problem!

on 12/6/2001 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Too waxy and not enough moisture. Just a cute little tin.

Popular Lip Treatments