Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 4/5/2002 9:02:00 AM

I didn't realize how strong the minty taste was in this lip balm. I can't stand any mentholated products.

on 4/4/2002 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This product is too heavy for daytime use, so I put this on at night. It moisturizes my lips and somehow manages to freshen my breath. I love the way this stuff tingles on my lips. I highly recommend this.

on 3/29/2002 8:24:00 AM

I am sorry -- I wish I loved this product :( I love the way it smells and tingles...but it left my lips in a waxy, then dry-peely lip mess! It seems like it agrees with many people though, so it may be worth a try. I will be going back to my usual holy grail lip balm -- Menturm (from Japan), which has never failed me.

on 3/17/2002 2:57:00 PM

This my holy grail lip balm. It's the only one that I put on at night and it's still there in the morning. It's very healing too, and the price is great.

on 3/15/2002 12:17:00 AM

This is a different type of lip balm. It tingles the lips and absorbs instantly, leaving a smooth surface. It works well as a primer before lipstick. I only wish it had sunscreen.

on 3/14/2002 4:30:00 PM

I'm a loyal fan of Burt's Bees Lip Balm, in the tin (more bang for the buck - you get twice as much as you do in the plastic tube, for the same price). I use it everyday, especially at night, so I don't wake up with cracked and bleeding lips in the morning. Works like a charm.

I don't find it waxy at all, as compared to things like Chapstick, LipSmackers, etc. Who wants to be tasting petroleum?

Overall, a good lipbalm for all occasions.

on 3/9/2002 3:26:00 PM

I've used this a few times, i guess i'm just not a lip balm afficianado. Nice natural ingredients, not big on the tingly effect. I've used better, and wouldn't NEED this, but it's pretty good.

on 3/6/2002 4:19:00 PM

I bought this hoping it would smell like honey. But I opened it up and it's got a light peppermint fragrance. I put it on and it made my lips tingle a lot. It's got a smooth feeling to it. It would be great for chapped skin and lips. I'll be keeping this. I bought the tin since I couldn't find the stick and it's a little cumbersome.

on 3/3/2002 2:43:00 AM

I really wanted to like the product. It smells good, and it made my lips tingly...but after using it for a few days, it dried them out and made them peel. I think this lipbalm might fall into the same category as Carmex...better used on cold sores and those cracks in the corners of your mouth, rather than on a daily basis.

I love this stuff! I carry it with me everywhere! I buy multiple tubes of this stuff when I find it!I like the minty smell and how it tingles when I put it on. It also moisturizes very well. I like to exfoliate by rubbing over my lips with a toothbrush lightly then puting this stuff on...it makes my lips very soft.

Popular Lip Treatments