April 18, 2014 | 1212 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Great staying power. The packaging is ridiculous. It makes my shadows more vivid and stay for hours - without creasing. However, I feel like my lids look dry and have a rough texture when I use this. It makes me not what to use it. I would imagine that this is best for people with really oily lids. My lids aren't super oily per say - but I have issues with my eyeliner transferring to my upper eyelid ....so this was really just to try to keep my liner in place... I use mac paint pot in painterly and get the same effect - and my lids don't seem as dry... This does make my skin a bit itchy. I'm going to try Too Faced Shadow insurance...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this, it works perfectly. but there a few things that irk me.

1) if i put this on my lashline, it gets into my eyes and it stings SOOOO BAD! which is a bugger because eyeliner is my staple, and that was kinda the point that i bought it the first place, so that my eyeliner would stay better (and so that the shadow that i use to smudge it out with stick) so yeah, i have to be very careful when i use this.

2) the tube makes it really hard to get all the product out. ive had mine for 2 weeks and already it seems like its starting to run out, but i KNOW that there is plenty more in there. if it came in the tube like the two faced shadow insurance then it would get the 5 lippies

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by areyoubewhy24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I took off a lippie because of the horrid packaging. If you want more bang for your buck, then do like the rest do and cut the bottle on top and bottom. I was able to fill 2 small MAC sample containers with the extra that I scooped out. It will probably last me another 2-4 months. I use this product every single day and eyeshadow can stay on for up 16 hours for me.NO smearing or cracking. Incredible stay power even through a rigorous workout, hours of dancing and summer outdoor activities.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm just starting to try Urban Decay as they don't experiment on animals and they have some gorgeous colors! My eyelids are perhaps the oiliest ever made, and this product works extremely well!

To get the best results really try to avoid applying eye cream on your upper lids in the morning (hey let's face it, moisturizing is a necessity so it's hard! lol) and make sure you apply the potion from lashline to brow (oil is sneaky!!) and I always apply a little bit on my lower lid to help keep my eyeliner in place. I will buy this over and over again. I love UDPP!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whether you're just beginning to play with make up or are a pro - this is the ultimate cosmetic item you SHOULD have in your arsenal.

I have oily skin, so normally my eyeshadow starts to crease or fade pretty fast. With the Potion Primer, my eyeshadow sticks on all day (from 5:30 in the morning till 9 at night). It also brightens your eyeshadow too, giving it a little pop.

Just a little dab will do you, don't put too much or else it'll make everything cakey and flakey.

The bottle is cute, it seriously is like a potion cause it works amazingly. Others may have had problems with the bottle, but I keep it upright standing on my vanity dresser so it all flows to the bottom. And if you have a hard time gettting stuff out, as you pull the wand out move it in a circular motion so it scrapes the insides and gets some of the potion on the wand. You can also microwave it for a few seconds (just a few!!!) so it flows easier. Sometimes I do that with mascara so I can use every last drop.

I've tried tips from other people - use your liquid foundation or dab concealer onto your eyelids to make shadow stick. But nothing works like the Potion Primer!

I can't wait to try the new Sin version, I love shimmer! Definitely buying this over and over, the value of it is worth more than the cost :) LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It is in a cream form and blends in easily to the eyelids. It works extremely well on my oily eyelids. It's not hard to blend eyeshadow either, in my opinion using this. It makes all of my eyeshadow colors pop and last all day without creasing. I would not apply my eyeshadow without a primer and this one does the trick. The only downfall is the inconvenient packaging which doesn't allow you to use all of the product and you have to cut it open and do all sorts of weird things to get the product all out. But it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by preciouspink

This stuff is great. If you have oily to super oily lids it works awesome! But if you have normal lids it might be a tad drying. I wear it everyday even if I'm just wearing eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by KariRocksOut

Love this! I have oily skin, which means oily eyelids. This is the only product that makes it so I can go all day without re-applying my eye makeup! And I love to use lots of eye makeup (tastefully though!).

I hate the little bottle though, seems like as you use more of the product it gets stuck in the widest part of the bottle and you really have to dig the wand in there to get the product out.

Other than that I'll continue to buy and use this! Nothing else works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Krisababy

Brilliant product, works extremely well and I would recommend it. However, the packaging is annoying as when you think its finished there is still a lot of product contained in the tube. It requires the tube to be cut open to scoop the remaining product out into a container, youd be surprised at how much is leftover! Make sure that when you perform this that you use an air tight container to store the leftover in as if a container is used that is not air tight the UDPP will dry out and be unusable. Will probably try Too Faced Shadow Insurance the next time due to the poor packaging design of the UDPP (the UDPP packaging is lovely, but not practical) Its a bit pricey but it works very well so in my opinion is worth it, eyeshadows stay on all day (even after having afternoon naps and everything!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by dinyell

Keeps my eyeshadow on pretty well! Even the stuff that tends to fade and crease after an hour or so was still as vibrant as when I put it on 10 hours earlier!
I'm impressed! I just wish it was a little bit cheaper!