November 27, 2014 | 952 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by babiigraciie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff so much. This really does prevent my eyes from getting oily and my eyeshadow lasts longer. I will repurchase.

Packaging isn't that great, but it can be depotted.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by hotcurlz24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great shadow primer. Holds shadow all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

sorry, but i do not understand the hype for this product. the texture was way too thin and just kindof disappeared on my lids and the staying power it gave my eye makeup was only slightly better than usual. i have much more success simply using my foundation (revlon colorstay light active) as a primer. will definitely not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't realize how faded my eyeshadow looked before I started using this. I really brings out the color in your shadow, and keeps it on all day. I love this stuff. I will repurchase forever!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by fembots

Pretty good product - never get creased eyeshadow with this (and I certainly did before I used it!) but it's not as great for under the eye (with eyeliner smudging... sigh..). The biggest thing that I would say about this is that the packing is TERRIBLE. I thought I had finished the tube, and decided to cut it open like everyone does online and I got 3x more product!! I just transferred it to an empty lipgloss pot and now I have probably a years worth of product. Crazy. So much waste! so go cut it open, its worth it I promise!! Its actually shocking how much stuff is left in there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Shotgun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. My skin gets pretty oily sometimes, especially in the summer, and by the end of the day, any eye shadow I put on usually sinks into the crease by noon. A clerk at Sephora recommended this, and so far it's the best thing I've tried. The price is a little high for my tastes, and I never love packing like this--you can never tell how much is actually in the bottle. I still get the crease, but usually it doesn't happen till the end of the workday and usually only in the summer when it's humid, so it's the best primer I've used so far. This has become a staple for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2009 6:54:00 AM More reviews by silsana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish this product would've worked for me. Actually it did make my e/s last all day, but like a few reviewers below mentioned, it really irritated my eyelids! After a few hours, my eyelids felt dry and itchy, then they got red and swollen! I purchased this in December, and have only used it 4 times -- I was sort of in denial about the bad reaction I kept getting from it so I kept thinking, well, if I just try it one more time....maybe this time it'll be different. But no, all 4 times I used it I ended up with the same red, itchy, swollen lids. I don't know if I'll be able to return it since it's been a few months.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by whoapink

LOVE UDPP! I never wear eyeshadow with this as my primer. If you have never tried a primer for your eyelids, this will change your makeup life!
Packaging sucks though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by blink1217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff....but packaging sucks. It's a pretty bottle but overall useless. After 3 months of using this I had to depot this and found it to be annoying (looking for a little glass container) and a bit messy. It has such great results but will not be purchasing this again. I feel Too Faced shadow insurance is equal in quality and it's tube packaging is convenient :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by HoneyHoneyNY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Am I the last person on the planet to cave and buy Primer Potion? I've read countless reviews of it on a few different sites, my makeup artist friend uses it all the time, and still I resisted. I was used to eyeshadow losing color payoff, or outright changing color on my highly pigmented eyelids. I didn't have an issue with my shadow colors dulling a bit as the evening wears on. Recently I bought a very iridescent pigment to wear on my eyes which started out the day very nice, and ended up wearing off and leaving iridescent creases on my lid. Since I adore the pigment, I decided to break down and try a primer.

At first, the pale nude color of the primer put me off a bit, b/c I thought it might show up ashy on my lids, but it didn't. I applied a few dabs and blended it with a clean fingertip and it disappeared. Then I applied eyemakeup as usual. I apply with taklon brushes. I'm used to using a heavy hand because my lids are dark, but when I put my pigments over the Primer Potion, they popped, and I didn't have to layer like I normally do. The colors were brighter and more intense than I've ever seen them.

After application, I went out with friends. I was out eating, drinking and dancing, and at 4am when we dipped into a pizza shop for a post-bar slice, my friend said wow all that sweating and dancing, and your eye makeup looks like it did when you came in to dinner at 8pm!

This stuff is a great find for me, because for one thing I have very hooded eyelids, and just blinking can wear my eyeshadow off, and for another, when I'm out dancing, I get super sweaty. With Primer potion my eyeshadow stayed true and bright through a crazy party night. I'd definitely recommend it to friends, and buy it again.