Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The first eye shadow primer I bought, and it has never failed me. No creases, streaking or anything. It just goes to work all day. I really wish the packaging were different because it finishes so fast and I'm convinced there must be some product left in there.

This is the first primer I have ever used. I wish I had found out about this sooner!

This primer really makes your eyeshadow stay all day long, but most impressively, I ALWAYS get raccoon eyes on my lower lash line, no matter what kind of smudge proof eyeliner I use. Using UDPP along the bottom lash line really helps and I'm no longer embarrassed when I look at my face late in the day. No raccoon eyes, woohoo!!

The product is a little pricey, but I think it's totally worth it.

this primer astounded me, it was the first one I'd ever used; but by the end of the day, your eye makeup looks like you just put it on! PLUS it makes eyeshadows brighter & better :)

MAKE SURE THOUGH******
make sure once you;re done the bottle to cut it open and depot what's inside! That tiny bottle has lasted me an entire YEAR because I scooped out what was left! DO IT youll be shocked at how much is still in there! (help? look up "depot udpp" on youtube)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great for keeping my eyeshadow in place all day. Last on hot days too.

I've had no creases whatsoever since buying this. I love it!

OMG AMAZING!! I didn't want to listen to all the hype at first but I finally gave in, and am sooo glad I did. I usually use mineral eyeshadows and have to do the "foiling" technique. I think its actually very annoying to do and hard to get the consistency you want. No more of doing that for me ever because this primer works as a charm on those mineral eyeshadows. A very light dab into the mineral eyeshadow with a brush and I tap it right onto the primer. The colors are vibrant and it cuts down application time by so much! I will definitely be buying over and over because I am still in disbelief! Also since I usually don't wear eyeshadow, the price is worth it since it will only be used for special occasions and dancing. You really only need a little bit and though the packaging sucks, there's lots of blogs out there showing you how to de-bottle the magic!

This stuff is AMAZING! not only does it keep your shadow and eyeliner from smudging due to oils all day but if you dab a little on other areas of the face where you get oily (t-zone for example) it stops oil all day! They need to make this in a lartger bottle for an all over face primer!

This stuff rocks as everyone knows. I just wanted to share a helpful hint that a girl who worked at Ulta told me. When it gets down to where you can't get anymore product out of the funky bottle, pop off the plastic stopper thing around the opening of the bottle and you will be able to get the wand into the hard to reach areas. But don't do it too soon or the product will dry out too quickly.

I adore this stuff. I use it everyday, and I've never experienced creasing or fading while using it . However, the only downside is the packaging. A significant amount of the product (that you are paying for!) isn't accessible using the applicator. The 'genie' shape of the bottle means that a lot of the primer is stuck in areas that the applicator can't get to. This has led to a number of videos on youtube that show how to cut open the bottle to get out the rest of the product. As well as being unhygienic and potentially dangerous, this just doesn't seem fair to me. I don't enjoy having to work this hard just to get my money's worth. The reason I will buy it again is that I haven't found another primer that works as well, so I am willing to suffer until Urban Decay come to their senses and put it in a squeezy tube.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on a daily basis. I got a trial size in the UD Book of Shadows and thought it'd be a great way to try it out.

Before I used this, I used Painterly paintpot because I was new to makeup and that's what I had seen in a lot of tutorials. However, I have a little darker complexion and Painterly is a little too light for me and I have to be really careful in the application of that paint pot because otherwise it creates a lighter ring around my eyes and it doesn't always look right - especially in pictures.

In general, I don't have the problem of oily lids, but if I go out and get hot dancing or wear eyeshadow to work (I'm a bartender) and sweat, this stuff holds my eyeshadow in place. I have NEVER had to reapply any eye shadow throughout the night. That being said, I have never had to with my paint pot either.

All in all, I would recommend this all who want their eyeshadow to stay in place!

Video Reviews & Tutorials