Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/13/2009 9:57:00 AM

This is amazing and should be a stape for anyone who wears eye m/u.

The bottle is assinine, but all you have to do is take out the whitte stopper thingie with a pair of scissors and the wand screws back on the bottle just fine. You don't even need to put the primer in another container.

on 5/13/2009 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It goes on a bit light, even for my very fair skin, but it does keep my eye makeup on, at least for most of the day. I have super oily lids, and the primer itself will start to crease after ~10 hours.

I finally caved and bought Urban Decay's Primer Potion after months of waffling, and continuing to use the last of my Mary Kay eye primer. I'm so glad I finally bought it! Yeah, the price is rather high, and the packaging isn't terribly fantastic (thank you YouTube for showing me how to get all of the UDPP out of that dratted bottle!), but it *works*. Seriously! I have combination skin, that still has episodes of breakouts and such, and I also live in an extremely warm and humid climate. UDPP has kept the eyeshadows I've worn from creasing and sliding off by late afternoon/evening (unlike the Mary Kay eye primer). Case in point: I was out from morning until almost midnight recently. The weather got really hot and humid (up in the mid 90s), and by the end of the day I expected most of my shadow to have melted off. But it hadn't! It didn't look as precise as it did right after I put it on, but I wouldn't have had to touch up if I was staying out longer.

on 5/12/2009 4:47:00 PM

HG!!! This makes my eyeshadow last 12+. I dont know how I ever survived without this. Love everything about it except the packaging. Many people have said that there is alot of product you can't reach with the wand, so depotting is recommended.

on 5/12/2009 2:50:00 PM

BEST eye primer ever! i love the consistency of the product and the fact that when i use it my eyeshadow lasts and lasts!

i HATE the packaging, however, recently i took the little stopper out which helped me get more product without cutting it open. i'm trying to hold off as long as possible on the cutting open bc i feel that will cause the product to dry up more quickly!

i tend to used a cream eyeshadow (i.e. mac paint pot or benefit creaseless cream shadow) over udpp as a second base, and i love that bc i find colors are a little difficult to blend if put directly on the udpp.

on 5/12/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't have oily lids and don't usually have a problem with my shadow not staying. I mainly bought this because I wanted something to make my shadows more vibrant. This didn't really do that for me. I will say that this stuff DOES make shadows STICK. Used under shadow, you can rub your eyelid and the shadow will not come off (a little will, but you'll still have shadow on your lid).
But that fact is good on one hand, but not so good on another. The fact that the shadows stick to it so well makes it VERY difficult to blend colors evenly.
I probably will not purchase this again. I have found the best way to get vibrant colors is to use a *colored* cream base such as MAC paint pots or Coastal Scents gel eyeliners (yes, you can use these as a e/s base). These products will make shadows more vibrant, but still allow you to blend colors evenly.

on 5/10/2009 9:46:00 PM

This is great stuff. It really keeps my eyeshadow on without creasing it. All day long. A definite buy again.

on 5/10/2009 6:59:00 PM

For people experiencing problems with using UDPP and saying it still creases ~ try using a TINY amount. That is all. This stuff is good and does its purpose, my only gripe is the wasteful packaging, albeit it is cute and is shaped like a magic genie bottle. When I tried to depot it into a small tub, I found later on it dried up so horribly I couldn't get or dig my fingers into it, and had to chuck it away :(
The price is.. okay, bit pricey for me but it does work. I usually get mine on ebay but end up saving a few pounds, so there's no miracle way of getting it, unless you happen to catch a Buy one Get on free offer which you sometimes do at Christmas I think! :)
When it dries, it dries invisible and it feels slightly 'rubbery' to the touch. I usually pat on my eyeshadow softly instead of blending a lot as I don't really do blending techniques ~ I have tried several times and it does sometimes prove a little more work into blending..Overall it is a good product.

on 5/9/2009 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the product but gave it a low rating because of the stupid wastful packaging. I'm not spending $16 dollars on any product I have to take a steak knife and cut open to get the bulk of the product. I feel so cheated by this company because how many of these bottles did I go through before I finally saw someone cut it open and get about 80% more product out of? There are other primers out there that are just as good without the wasteful packaging! If you are not cutting your bottle open you are wasting A TON of product!!!!

on 5/9/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This primer is fantastic at keeping your shadow on, which also makes causes it to make them harder to blend. It can be drying on the lids when you first start wearing it, I found that stopped after a while.

I HATE the packaging. It's just stupid, you can't get all of the product out. Some people cut the tube with serrated knife, I'm not risking cutting myself for a few dollars of product. What I do do, though, is take out the stopper after I feel that the tip isn't pulling out much product. This doubles the life of the product. A tube lasts me almost a year with regular wear.

There are other primer out there that I really like, Like Lumene and ArtDeco, but I will continue to buy this from time to time, it's a great product, too bad the packaging sucks.

Video Reviews & Tutorials