October 1, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by whoapink

LOVE UDPP! I never wear eyeshadow with this as my primer. If you have never tried a primer for your eyelids, this will change your makeup life!
Packaging sucks though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by blink1217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff....but packaging sucks. It's a pretty bottle but overall useless. After 3 months of using this I had to depot this and found it to be annoying (looking for a little glass container) and a bit messy. It has such great results but will not be purchasing this again. I feel Too Faced shadow insurance is equal in quality and it's tube packaging is convenient :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by HoneyHoneyNY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Am I the last person on the planet to cave and buy Primer Potion? I've read countless reviews of it on a few different sites, my makeup artist friend uses it all the time, and still I resisted. I was used to eyeshadow losing color payoff, or outright changing color on my highly pigmented eyelids. I didn't have an issue with my shadow colors dulling a bit as the evening wears on. Recently I bought a very iridescent pigment to wear on my eyes which started out the day very nice, and ended up wearing off and leaving iridescent creases on my lid. Since I adore the pigment, I decided to break down and try a primer.

At first, the pale nude color of the primer put me off a bit, b/c I thought it might show up ashy on my lids, but it didn't. I applied a few dabs and blended it with a clean fingertip and it disappeared. Then I applied eyemakeup as usual. I apply with taklon brushes. I'm used to using a heavy hand because my lids are dark, but when I put my pigments over the Primer Potion, they popped, and I didn't have to layer like I normally do. The colors were brighter and more intense than I've ever seen them.

After application, I went out with friends. I was out eating, drinking and dancing, and at 4am when we dipped into a pizza shop for a post-bar slice, my friend said wow all that sweating and dancing, and your eye makeup looks like it did when you came in to dinner at 8pm!

This stuff is a great find for me, because for one thing I have very hooded eyelids, and just blinking can wear my eyeshadow off, and for another, when I'm out dancing, I get super sweaty. With Primer potion my eyeshadow stayed true and bright through a crazy party night. I'd definitely recommend it to friends, and buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by dreamingCOLORS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

For those who had an allergic reaction to this product just like I did, I would highly recommend you to not try Lorac's Behind The Scene Eye Primer also. With the Urban Decay Primer Potion, my eyelids turned itchy with little tiny bumps all over. It took a full week to heal. With Lorac's Eye Primer my skin reacted in worse, to the extent where it was red, itchy, SWOLLEN, with little tiny bumps. I learned my lesson to always try a patch test first. The only eye primer that ever worked for me other than these two was Nars' eye primer; although a little more expensive, it's definitely not worth all of that trouble.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Aviolet

* In Jan of 2006, after reading the raves, I bought UDPP and loved it! My e/s applied beautifully and looked vibrant, lasting ALL day! A dream come true. . .what more can a gal ask for?
* Though. . .2 1/2 years later, I noticed it quit working. Before that point, it enhanced the pigment of my e/s & provided a base for my e/l so it no longer smeared, however, now it hardly does the job and my eye makeup wears off after 3 hours.
* A long while back, another gal on the m/u message board said that happened to her, so possibly daily use was the cause. Might be good to rotate between other primers.
* Quick tip -> The stopper can be removed and once you've done that, there will be another 3 months worth of product that the stopper was blocking access to!
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by strawberrycharms

Add me to the list of those who love and adore this product. I stopped wearing eyeshadow for a long time because I couldn't get past the creasing issue. I kept reading rave reviews about UDPP so I picked up a bottle from Sephora and voila! Eyeshadow stayed on without any problems for a full 12 hours, consistently looking like I had just put it on. In fact, it only came off because I took it off - I have no doubt that this stuff would've kept on working. My only complaint is the applicator - I got a bit on my eyelashes when I was putting it on and it wouldn't come off without the assistance of makeup remover (water wouldn't take it off). It can also be hard to cover up with mascara. So apply carefully unless you're after that sickly beige eyelash look! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover16

This primer is simply amazing! I've recommended it to all of my friends and they also love it! Although it's a touch expensive it's well worth it. There is absolutely no crease. I put my eyeshadow on in the morning at 7 and by 11 the only thing that still looks good on my face is my eyeshadow. A definite must have for all makeup lovers!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by sonpan

My first eyeshadow primer! Works really good,makes my eyeshadow last all day. I would re-buy it, but I want to try the one from MAC and L'oreal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by 1BebeXLicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this primer out for about 2 weeks, and it works great! BUT it turns out that i am allergic to it! It made my eyelids alll red, dry, and puffy. So i tried the 2FSI n i'm allergic to that as weellll! huge bummmmer. So i'm stuck with MAC paintpots now. If i didn't have such sensitive skin, this would be one of my HG products. Its realy does make you shadows last allll day, no lies! & i have major oily lids! so if it worked on me, i'm sure it'll work on everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupholism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love UDPP, I don't know how I managed to survive without it for so long! I forgot to apply it 2 days ago (I guess I was still sleep when I did my makeup, lol), and God, I had forgotten how ugly creased eyeshadows look. I love this. REALLY love it.