Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. I agree with the other ladies, the packaging is very bad.

I cut my tube in half about 1.5 months ago, and I am still using the product the wand couldn't grab. I use it every single day, sometimes twice a day. There is WAY more product that is not accessible. This seems silly to me.

Anyways, it is a great primer, I have tried many, and this is by far the best. I would highly recommend it to anyone, and all those whom I've referred it to, are also now addicted.

on 5/4/2009 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was skeptically at first hearing from people that this product doesnt crease your eyeshadows at all. They were right! I've used primers in the past including merle norman and origins and none worked for me. This product is amazing. My eyeshadow literally last the whole day without creasing. Makes the color of my eyeshadows pop as well. The only thing I dont like about it is the packaging; its really cute but I don't think I'm getting much from this product. Overall, I love this product. Definitely an A.

on 5/4/2009 2:14:00 PM

I am in the minority with this product. I typically use Mary Kay eye primer, but tried this because I got the mini one that comes with the Book of Shadows palette. I find that it does a good job in general, but I like the Mary Kay primer more. One day, I put UD on one lid and MK on the other. By the end of the day, both lids still looked great but the UD one was a little more "shiney" (for lack of a better word) than the MK primer. Because of that, I will be sticking with the MK primer. However, if it is ever discontinued I would definitely switch to UD.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Like many other reviewers, I love the product but hate the packaging. I used Clinique's shadow base for a couple years before switching to UDPP - what a difference! No creasing, no fading, no need for touch-ups; at the end of the day, my shadow looks just as fresh as it did in the morning.

on 5/3/2009 1:41:00 PM

This is one of the best things in my makeup bag. It does exactly what it says it does and it doesn't matter if I wear cheap or expensive eyeshadow, it stays on all day!

first i didnt see a difference , intill i stop using it
it does help cheap eyeshadow like costal scents it stay longer and helps them stay on and not crease
the only negative is the packaging , hate hate the shape !!
(i would think they would of change it by now ),
you really have to cut the bottle to get the amount
at the bottom of bottle !!! other then that i love the product,

on 5/3/2009 12:53:00 AM

i loved this product but didn't like the packaging. the packaging is cute and all but i'm dreading the day where i would need to cut up the entire thing just to get all of the product out of. i have tried different primers before and nothing is as good as UDPP. i have recently tried paint pots from mac hoping that they would do just as well as UDPP but i was wrong. UDPP is the best. it's nice UDPP goes on a smoothy and doesn't have any color to it so it can basically be used under every single eyeshadow color. love it!

on 5/2/2009 6:33:00 PM

This is great! Does exactly what it's supposed to. My shadow lasts all day and does not crease. To be fair, this is the first and only primer I have ever used, and it's only been about a month of using it almost daily. Maybe there are other equally great products out there, but I can't imagine switching since this does the job so well. I'm happy to have discovered this product on this site!

on 5/2/2009 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like this, dont love it. Like it, and it works well and does what its supposed to do. I forget to use it all the time though because you need to wait a little to let it dry which I find time consuming when Im in a hurry.

on 5/1/2009 11:40:00 PM

Great product; it does what it says it will, now they just need to work on the packaging! I like this product, but I also like Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and for the same price I feel like I "get my money's worth" from the Too Faced! Hey, Urban Decay...get a new package for this product...it doesn't have to be pretty...just practical :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials