Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Well, all I can say is that UDPP did not work on my very oily lids. I was very disappointed because it did not live up to all the hype and it was expensive at $16.00 for .34 fl oz. bottle. UDPP has a nice soft consistency but it creased my eye shadows within a hour or so. I have had longer lasting power from eyeshadows when I wasn't wearing a base than when I used UDPP.

I would not recommend this product if you have an oil slick on your eye lids as I do, so my hunt for eyeshadow base continues.

on 5/8/2009 12:12:00 AM

UPDATE 12/9/09: I think this deserves a 5 out of 5. For the product itself. I know the packaging is really bad. I mean real bad, but what I did, and many others did was cut it open and depot it. I thought it was almost gone, but once I did that, I had sooo much more it was crazy! I filled a whole ELF mineral eyeshadow jar with it. So after doing that, I say its well worth the money. It will last a long time. I just wish I had done this with my first jar.
And as far as the product goes, it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing all day long, and my shadow looks bright and vibrant all day long.

on 5/7/2009 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is pretty good until you try Too Faced Shadow insurance. I found UDPP to be too sticky and I really don't like the want. It's gross to put something on your skin and then stick it back in a bottle. The bottle is awful. You cannot get the last quarter of the product out unless you cut the packaging. Then, if you cut the packaging, the product dries out.

I will not be repurchasing. So, overally..decent (not great) product. Horrible packaging.

it does what it says it will. it keeps the color on all day but the packaging is horrible. if you cut it open, you can a large half in there. also, it goes on chalky on my eyelids making eyeshadows impossible to blend. i guess my eyelids are too dry for this primer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!! I bought this product based on reviews off of youtube and at first I was like I am not paying $17 for a primer that I know will crease but I gave it a try and I am so shocked my eyeshadow truly doesn't crease even when it's hot and I am sweating. I love this so much. I am not complaining about the packaging because if and when they do change the packaging it will probably be smaller and at the same retail so they can keep it the way it is and I will keep depotting it.I love love love

on 5/7/2009 3:07:00 AM

i bought this about a week ago b/c of all the great reviews and i must say, i am very impressed! it eyeshadow stays on A LOT longer than it normally would've w/out the primer. this is def a must for all the ladies that wear eyeshaow!! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I never wear eyeshadow without this. No creasing. Eye make up stays put and for longer. Colors also appear more vibrant on top of UDPP. It does the job and does the job well. The packaging is ridiculous, but if you depot it, it's really not a big deal. Plus, a little goes a long way so all that product will last a long time. I'm still on my first UDPP and it's been over a year!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I recently purchased a bottle of primer potion and have to say it works pretty well! I put it on early in the morning and my makeup looked brand new even before I went to bed hours later. the only negative is the odd shape of the bottle, though if you get down to the bottom, you could saw the bottle in half, and either cling film the bottle or scoop out the remaining product and put it in a separate small container.

Although the packaging sucks because you always end up unable to pick out all the product (due to the shape of the tube), I still love this product!
I have typical asian eyelids: very greasy, very heavy eyelids that fold over the crease. Yes... all spells eye makeup disaster! EVERYTHING creases: eyeliner, eyeshdow... even mascara ends up on my eyelids, even if they claim to be waterproof and smudgeproof! I cannot use shadesticks, or paint pots, and not even Two Face Shadow Insurance. For some reason, the only primer that keeps my eye makeup in place all day AND night, even after clubbing!!... is the UDPP.
My love for the product overrides my hatred for the packaging!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. I agree with the other ladies, the packaging is very bad.

I cut my tube in half about 1.5 months ago, and I am still using the product the wand couldn't grab. I use it every single day, sometimes twice a day. There is WAY more product that is not accessible. This seems silly to me.

Anyways, it is a great primer, I have tried many, and this is by far the best. I would highly recommend it to anyone, and all those whom I've referred it to, are also now addicted.

Video Reviews & Tutorials