Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

When I first saw this product My initial thoughts were: How cute! The packaging of this primer is rather unique compared to most, however if you really think about it, the packaging isn't designed to effectively use all of the primer. As for the actual product I love it! Holds my eyeshadow all day without creasing. It's a little wet/greasy when you apply it, so you need to let it sit for about 30 seconds on each lid before you start applying your eyeshadow. A little pricey, but I would buy it again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

love using this primer under my shadows. never had a problem with creasing or anything like that <33 good for my sometimes oily lids hate the tude though. I had to break it open and put it into a container because i couldnt get all the product out =[

This is a must product for me as I have oily and huge eyelids. Sounds gross, lol! Every eyeshadow creases on me, horribly. Even MAC eyeshadows. But this stops it all for a significant amount of time. I can't ask for more, except for the ridiculous bottle shape.

Ultimate test. Done. I loooove this. I don't care about the price or the way its packaged. I was overseas for a vaca 2 months ago in a very..i repeat..very tropical country. My eye make up never smeared or creased. I would even forget to check my eye makeup throughout the day sometimes. By nighttime, I was ready to go out without barely reapplying my eyeshadow. Amazing! That's it. Amazing! Life long fan right here.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Maybe I have higher expectations than most, but I was very under impressed. It's a bit runny which means you have to wait for it to dry before applying es. It did boost the color, but not enough to be worth the price. It's too light if you are at all dark complected or tan and it did nothing for my el at all.
This is the first time Urban Decay has dissapointed me. I'll not be waisting time or money on this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

For regular size UDPP it's 5 star all the way.
For deluxe size, 0!!!
I wouldn't be getting TFSI if deluze size UDPP performed same as regualr size, but its just diluted from regular size and put into deluxe size case. I'm extremely disappointed for I have went through 6~7 of UDPP, never wanting to, or needed to look for other eye primer. (old MAC paint in tube sucked!) So when they came out with deluxe size, I bought it right away to find out that it's not the same formula. Worried it might have been a bad batch, but other members on the board said the same thing. Shame on you UD! I was going to use UD e/s exclusively, but no.
The deluxe size UDPP made my e/s and e/l crease as hell, even worse than me wearing no eye primer at all.
Now I'm not going to get regular UDPP either :( continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this primer, it does it's job, holds up to it's promises but I just HATE the packaging. I haven't used all the accessible primer but I can't imagine cutting open the bottle and scraping out the remainder. It's just awful that they would even make anything like this, I'm sure lots of people have complained. I'm gonna try Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance when I'm done with this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have oily lids and I also have major problems with eyeshadows disappearing completely. I've tried my share of primers, including TFSI, ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and L'Oreal Decrease, and nothing performs as well as UDPP for me. I slap on a generous layer, and my eyeshadows stay much longer than with anything else.

I hate the packaging as much as everyone else, but I'll keep buying and depotting because it's worth it to me. I'd love it if they changed the packaging though, I guess we can wish!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had heard so much hype that I finally decided to shell out the $17.50 and try it. I have to tell you that I absolutely love it. It goes on smoothly, prevents creasing throughout the day, and makes colors appear vibrant. This was expensive but I definitely think it was worth the money. Now I want to buy this primer in Sin. I had to take one lippy off though due to the annoying packaging!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This primer works its ass off, I love it. No creasing, makes eye shadow more vivid and does exactly what it claims to. However (damn, not quite HG) it irritates my eyelids if I use it more than a few days in a row. I get little patches of flaky skin that are pink and itchy. If I give it a break for a day or two then go back to it, this doesn't seem to happen. I love the look of the packaging ('Bewitched' anyone? I feel like a snake charmer with this in my arsenal) but it wastes a lot of product unless you are determined to de-pot it. There are good tips on YouTube for showing how to do this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials