September 30, 2014 | 1875 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by NicoleAM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this product for Christmas about a year ago from a friend who highly recommended it. I'm not much for crazy, bright shadows, in fact I always stick to neutral, earthy shades because wild colors clash with my bright-colored eyes. Because of this, I may not be the best person to listen to when it comes to my experience with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, as most people tend to use this to brighten the color of their shadow and maintain that intensity throughout the day.
Moving on, I am sort of indifferent to this product. I would never purchase or ask for this product because it is quite expensive for the amount that you get ($16 for a small tube at Ulta the last time I checked). The whole tube lasted for about 6 months because I would only use it occasionally (maybe once or twice a week), and though the packaging was cute, it was irritating to get the remaining primer out of the bottle. I think that this product should be sold in a cute little tub, incorporating the "genie" theme, while making it so much easier to use.
The actual product wasn't bad at all. The primer is smooth and creamy, and a little goes a long way. For some reason, it made the area around my eyes look a little dry and weird, but applying eyeshadow took care of that. I didn't see a difference in the longevity of my eyeshadow, but I felt like it made my eyeliner last longer. The friend who gave me this product is a big MAC eyeshadow junkie, and this works great for her. She can sport a crazy teal and white eyeshadow look from 7 in the morning to 9 at night like it's nobodies business because of this stuff!
I'd recommend this product to anyone who loves wearing bright, intense eyeshadows. If you enjoy the more natural look, you're better off using no primer or chapstick as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by babiigraciie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff so much. This really does prevent my eyes from getting oily and my eyeshadow lasts longer. I will repurchase.

Packaging isn't that great, but it can be depotted.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by hotcurlz24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great shadow primer. Holds shadow all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

sorry, but i do not understand the hype for this product. the texture was way too thin and just kindof disappeared on my lids and the staying power it gave my eye makeup was only slightly better than usual. i have much more success simply using my foundation (revlon colorstay light active) as a primer. will definitely not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't realize how faded my eyeshadow looked before I started using this. I really brings out the color in your shadow, and keeps it on all day. I love this stuff. I will repurchase forever!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by fembots

Pretty good product - never get creased eyeshadow with this (and I certainly did before I used it!) but it's not as great for under the eye (with eyeliner smudging... sigh..). The biggest thing that I would say about this is that the packing is TERRIBLE. I thought I had finished the tube, and decided to cut it open like everyone does online and I got 3x more product!! I just transferred it to an empty lipgloss pot and now I have probably a years worth of product. Crazy. So much waste! so go cut it open, its worth it I promise!! Its actually shocking how much stuff is left in there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Shotgun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. My skin gets pretty oily sometimes, especially in the summer, and by the end of the day, any eye shadow I put on usually sinks into the crease by noon. A clerk at Sephora recommended this, and so far it's the best thing I've tried. The price is a little high for my tastes, and I never love packing like this--you can never tell how much is actually in the bottle. I still get the crease, but usually it doesn't happen till the end of the workday and usually only in the summer when it's humid, so it's the best primer I've used so far. This has become a staple for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2009 6:54:00 AM More reviews by silsana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish this product would've worked for me. Actually it did make my e/s last all day, but like a few reviewers below mentioned, it really irritated my eyelids! After a few hours, my eyelids felt dry and itchy, then they got red and swollen! I purchased this in December, and have only used it 4 times -- I was sort of in denial about the bad reaction I kept getting from it so I kept thinking, well, if I just try it one more time....maybe this time it'll be different. But no, all 4 times I used it I ended up with the same red, itchy, swollen lids. I don't know if I'll be able to return it since it's been a few months.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by whoapink

LOVE UDPP! I never wear eyeshadow with this as my primer. If you have never tried a primer for your eyelids, this will change your makeup life!
Packaging sucks though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by blink1217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff....but packaging sucks. It's a pretty bottle but overall useless. After 3 months of using this I had to depot this and found it to be annoying (looking for a little glass container) and a bit messy. It has such great results but will not be purchasing this again. I feel Too Faced shadow insurance is equal in quality and it's tube packaging is convenient :)