November 25, 2014 | 1888 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by erynnia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this because of the hype and to hopefully get certain shades to show up on my eyelids better. It's not exactly the magical product I was expecting. The texture is kind of hard to describe, but it's surprisingly hard to apply smoothly, especially with the included wand. It does seem to give staying powder to eyeshadow, just don't expect magic beyond that.

I didn't think about the inefficiency of the packaging design till reading the later reviews here, so we'll see how that goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best primer I've tried for the price. I always used to get creases on my eyelids, but not anymore. It is a bit awkward to apply, but it's not a big deterrent since it works so well. Just be sure to use a small amount -- too much can make your eyeshadow cake if some of the primer doesn't dry before you apply the shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by YiXiong

There was a lot of hype on this product. but personally I don't think it is all that.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by doublej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It helps my shadow go on smoother and crease less at the end of the day, but the packaging needs to go. You can't access like 75% of the product because it all pushes away to the side...such a waste! I will only repurchase this item if UD changes the packaging to a squeeze tube or a twist pen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes, it works but for me I won't be buying it again. I am giving a neutral rating because I think the cons outeight the pros unless you have very oily eyelids or constant problems with creasing.

It's a bit pricey for the amount you get. Packaging is horrible, alot of product gets wasted. I find that a good matte foundation or some concelear works just fine for prepping my eyes for makeup..at this point I really don't want to add yet another product to my routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by sylvialeexD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was excited when I had received this with my Sephora order because everyone raves about it. I'm not sure if I just got a bad tube of it, but this made my eyelid feel so oily and when I tried to blend my eyeshadow, it would not blend well. I was really disappointed because so many had recommended this to me.

Again, the packaging (as everyone says) stinks and it only adds to my disappointment. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by KSAkemi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, this product in itself gets 5 stars, you all know why. It works and truly delivers on it's promises, no creasing or fading no matter how many hours I work. However, I rated it as a 4 because of the infamous packaging. I am constantly disgusted by the amount of money and time spent on packaging cosmetics and really wish companies would concentrate on just making a better product. In the case of UDPP they already have an awesome product but have marred it's image by the packaging, which doesn't allow the consumer to easily access the entire product. It just boggles my mind. It is enough of hassle that I am considering trying Two Faced Shadow Insurance when my current bottle of UDPP runs out. I will rate as a 5 when they fix the packaging! *end of rant*

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Monipalm

So, the reviews are spot on - this stuff rocks! My shadow stays bright and in place all day with zero creasing. Not sure what more I would expect from a shadow base. Yes, the package is impractical but it is lovely on my make up stand! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

What can I say that others have not said about this product? Nothing. Everything is spot on so far...

I love the staying power, but I hate how the packaging limits the amount of product I can access... I still like the bottle though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by chelbellboo

i love the genie bottle concept, i love the product, but i hate that you cant get all the product out. will end up having to cut tube open just like everyone else. nice product, tho, good quality.