Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/19/2009 10:55:00 PM

The pros-
High quality eyeshadow can last all the way through the night, even into the morning if by chance u forget to take your make up off

Makes eyeshadows/liners more vivid. Easier to get a dynamic, strong color

The 'doe foot' style wand makes it easy to apply on the go. Plop some on your lids, smooth it out with your fingers and you're ready to line,define and blend!

Cons
It's pricy. I'm not going to lie. I got the two pack from Urban Decay online, quite glad I did as I truly love this product

The bottle stinks. Its supposed to look like a 'genie' bottle and be cute, as lots of Urban Decay products are, HOWEVER that 'cuteness' sacrifices quite a bit of product. when this ones empty I will decant it and use the little bit remaining on the insides.

on 5/19/2009 5:53:00 AM

Wow wow wow!!!! I love this product! I was browsing the make up counters when I was on holiday in the states and stumbled across the Urban decay counter and the assistant showed this product to me and I thought I'd give it a go! I did not expect it to be quite so good though, it does stop creasing and it really really intensifies eyeshadow colours.

This is now one of my HG products!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am 51. I have never been able to wear eyeshadow due to creasing, disappearing.. Despite having somewhat dry skin my eyelids are a bit oily. I got a free sample of this primer and cannot believe my shadow stayed ON ! I was so sure it would not work that I put it on one day when I was staying home all day. I am still schocked that it worked. I will be buying some and wearing eyeshadow for the first time in my life.

on 5/18/2009 9:42:00 AM

One of the best beauty finds I have made in a long time. It truly works. My eyeshadow stays perfect all day. I have oily skin and it would tend to crease. I would highly reccomend this product.

Oh I think I've found the love of my makeup products - life! Now that I've seen the light, I will never go back to the days where my eyeshadow slipped and sled off my eyelids, where my eyeshadows creased like no tomorrow, where my eyeliner transferred! I absolutely love this product and I cannot possible image my life without it now. I also love that when I apply this to my eyelid, it blends like a dream! Like the majority, my only complaint is the packaging. As cute as it is, it's extremely inconvenient! I will continue to repurchase! However, I think I might jump boats over to the Sin potion, just because I like the colour. XD

on 5/18/2009 12:03:00 AM

What can I say about this that hasn't already been said. My eyelids will eat eyeshadow and crease like no other. With this magic wonder, however, my eye makeup looks as fresh at 7pm as it did when I applied it as 7am. Nothing beats it. Yes, the packaging isn't the best, but that doesn't decrease my love for this product.

on 5/16/2009 11:47:00 AM

Like most people have said about this product is exactly how I feel. The actual product does its job but the packaging is really horrible. You can't even get most of the product out of the container and will have to cut it. I will not be buying this again. I am going to try too faced shadow insurance next.

i fell in love with this primer. i use it on a daily basis. i ran out of some so im gonna go over to Sephora later and buy some more!!! <3

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

LOVE the product... HATE the packaging.

The cute little tube is attractive, but it wastes so much product. I switched to TFIS because you get more for your $

on 5/15/2009 7:18:00 PM

The packaging , and price of this product isn't ideal but the product is just awesome! I used to hate wearing eye shadows because nothing stays on my oily lids. I have tried and tried all kinds of shadow base and types of eye shadows out there but with no success.

I was just about to give up until I stamble across this site raving about this potion. I went to sephora and purchase one myself. It was quite expensive for a tiny bottle but to my surprise it works. I work 10 hours per day and this potion makes my eye shadow lasts all 10 hours!! It's well worth $17 and besides, it will last me awhile because you only need a little amount on your lids.

update: They have this primer in a tube packaging now , so I am giving this product a five lippie!

Video Reviews & Tutorials