October 22, 2014 | 559 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

What can I say that others have not said about this product? Nothing. Everything is spot on so far...

I love the staying power, but I hate how the packaging limits the amount of product I can access... I still like the bottle though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by chelbellboo

i love the genie bottle concept, i love the product, but i hate that you cant get all the product out. will end up having to cut tube open just like everyone else. nice product, tho, good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by didistarita

UDPP is *amazing*! I had tried a variety of eyeshadow primers only to be disappointed because of my oily lids. Even with a primer (exluding UDPP), eyeshadows would crease and fade within a couple of hours. Just as I was giving up hope on primers, I found UDPP. UDPP allows for me to wear eyeshadows of every price/quality rage without any creasing or fading! It's amazing! I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is desperate to find an eyeshadow primer that actually works for severely oily lids!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 2013: MUST HAVE! Better than nars + too faced. Use a tiny bit on each eye :) Always repurchase

EDIT: This just takes a bit of practice, all you need is the tinest bit. My tip is to dap a bit onto each lid and blend with your ring finger. After application it is best to apply an all over lid color first so you can blend any additional colors smoothly.

[EDIT] AWWW this review below was when I was new to makeup. I remember having this experience for real though!
I live in Canada and don't go over the border for shopping. I had been dying to get this because of all the hype and youtube gurus who use it. My boyfriend was sweet enough to navigate his way through the Sephora site and order it for me as a stocking stuffer this past Christmas. When I got it I was sooo excited! I really want to love this product but unfortunately I just can't bring myself to it =( I really dislike the doe foot applicator it feels rough when I spot dab the product on my lids. When I attempt to blend it in with my bring finger I find it to be very sticky and dry. I feel as though it leaves me with a pasty finish and not a smooth canvass. When I apply my eyeshadow they tend to turn a greyish-blue, greyish-green, greyish-whatever color I'm using kind of shade which is very disappointing. When I try try to blend colors together I find that they don't blend smoothly and even seem to "chunk up" and gather into "lumps" on my lid. *sighs* I just don't know why this isn't working for me the way everyone raves about it =(

The only good thing I can say about this primer is that it is helpful with pigments. It reduces the amount of fall out by a million, and the colors do seem more vibrant. I feel guilty to not like this so much b/c my boyfriend tried so hard to impress me but it's just not as great as I thought it would be. I plan to use up the whole tube non the less. Edits will be made according to any findings.

Question: Does anyone know if they changed the formula?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by purplepaulina

I LOVE my UDPP! I don't know how I lived with out it. It makes my eyeshadow last long and it doesn't crease! I have really oily eyelids and it helps them stay matte. The packaging may not be very convenient but I don't mind it at all. This last weekend I opened it up and placed the product in 3 lipgloss tubes (Stila lipglaze type but mine were E.L.F, dirt cheap only $1) and I still had a lot left! So I put it in a little sample container. I would recommend to put it in lipgloss tubes instead of a pot container because it will dry out if you don't use it frequently. This and my MAC paintpot are a must for applying eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Mimi3030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i finally went out to buy udpp and let me say now i know what everyone raves about. for years i have simply used my studio finish concealer and i really had no complaints about it, no creasing, but now in comparison to udpp it felt a little thicker. my e/s looked great but it felt thicker, now with my pp i feel like i dont have any product on my eyes. plus my e/s are showing up a little different than they used to, i guess the color in the concealer would make the colors show up different. i have only used my pp twice and im already in love with it. i agree with all you muaers that the packaging is inconvinient, but at the same time i like having little projects so i secretly look forward to chopping mine open : ) love this product and would def repurchase! thanks muaers!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by katskii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

what can i say about urban decay primer potion that hasnt already been said!

the product - superb, really one of the best primers out there, makes eyeshadows stay so much longer than other brands. also, the fact its colourless and blends in invisably, means its really universal.

the packaging - what a waste of money/product/time. genie bottle schmenie bottle! after a couple of months, i suggest anyone who has this chop it open and put it into a sample jar/s and get the full product possible.

this would be the best primer ever if it came in a regular pot, like a sample jar. as it is, i'll continue to buy it (like most), and grumble about it and about how i risk life and limb (maybe just limb) to cut it open and get my moneys worth!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Nynsnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this primer two days ago and love it. I worked a 16 hour shift today and my eye makeup stayed on pretty well. I got sweaty so there was a small amount of creasing but I just smoothed it out and was fine after that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by i2ismartazzi2i

I love this! Before I just used my foundation primer as my eye primer as well, but I don't always use my foundation primer because it is way too expensive to use everyday except on special occasions. But I bought the primer potion because I heard great things about, and I thought the price was decent. I bought it at sephora and it is amazing!!!! I put it on at like 7am, and my eyeshadow stills stays on til like 11pm. It looks exactly how it did in the morning. I love love love it, and it comes off easily with my neutrogena eye makeup remover. I would definitely buy it again. Maybe also try the sin one as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looove this stuff, don't know how I ever wore eyeliner/eyeshadow without it. I just purchased Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Lounge and found it creased. The sales associate at Ulta suggested this. At first I balked at the price tag, but decided to give it a try. This product is supposed to dry clear, but I find it leaves a beige cast on my skin if its not covered by shadow/liner. Not a big deal, just a kind of annoying. Despite this, I am so in love with this primer. My eyeshadow lasts all day, no creasing in sight on my oily lids. But the best part is how my liner holds up on my lower lid. This is the first time in my life that my eyeliner on my greasy lower lid lasted through the entire day and didn't slip down into my fine lines. Packaging is cute as hell but apparently wastes a lot of product. I know you can cut the tube open, but I'm not sure I'm going there (just plain lazy). Will buy again.