September 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by HelloKittyoz

I love UDPP before trying this my eyeshadow would always crease..Now my eyeshadow stays all day! and it looks just as bright and vibrant 8 hours later..A little goes long way i found if u put to much it looks kinda caked.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Kelly32179

Urban Decay is amazing! The Primer Potion makes my eyeshadow stay on all day long, especially with my oily eyelids. It also helps my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner stay more vivid! I love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by vgup9746

This primer is okay, but I found that while my eyeshadow would usually stay on a lot longer while using UDPP than when I didn't use it -- it would often crease. I don't have very oily skin, but maybe my eyelids are a bit oilier? I don't really know.
And for me, UDPP wasn't very effective with eyeshadow brands other than MAC & Makeup Forever...
On the other hand, I never had a problem blending eyeshadows on top of it (as some people have mentioned) and I didn't need to use a lot of it.
I used UDPP for a long time, but I grew sick of the packaging. While the wand was helpful to deposit the product onto my eyelids, I didn't want to cut the container open because a previous review made me paranoid about getting minuscule plastic pieces into the product... So I bought Too Faced primer instead, which I had low expectations of but surprisingly like a lot better!
x

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by kgreene938

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dirt cheap for me, one of my drugstore.com free samples. I like it, and, like primer, should use it and will eventually get around to it. I had just been making do with my foundation, but this is such an improvement that I'll definitely consider it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by xovictoriasmithox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate UDPP it is way too dry I have dry eyelids to start with and it hurt my eyes and irritated my lids to where it hurt to put anything on. Too faced shadow insurance is so much better I dont see why people rave about this so much its horrible

xovictoriaox

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by KAIMILK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff so much. I use it every single day. I've been using two tubes (weird right) for about a year actually, and I am still using it after cutting the bottle open and getting the extra product out. I don't use too much of it.

For me, this works GREAT as a primer, but not sticky enough as a base. I usually use a NYX eyeshadow stick on top and my shadow lasts all day. My eyelids are extremely oily and would crease no matter what base I used, but after using UDPP, my eyeshadow lasts ALL DAY with no creasing at all. This primer would be best if you had oily lids since I heard it dries out some people's lids if they had normal lids.

The packaging however SUCKS. So took off a lippie for that. It's a pain to saw the whole thing in half to get half the product out haha. After cutting two bottles in half, I had about .20 oz of product left so DON'T WASTE IT. cut the bottle in half!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ToxicJulz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this last week, I have used it every day since! I am in love with this product. I apply it with my fingertips, not directly with the applicator, and my powder eyeshadow stays in place all day, the same as it was when I left my house in the morning! I would definitely reccommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by NicoleAM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this product for Christmas about a year ago from a friend who highly recommended it. I'm not much for crazy, bright shadows, in fact I always stick to neutral, earthy shades because wild colors clash with my bright-colored eyes. Because of this, I may not be the best person to listen to when it comes to my experience with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, as most people tend to use this to brighten the color of their shadow and maintain that intensity throughout the day.
Moving on, I am sort of indifferent to this product. I would never purchase or ask for this product because it is quite expensive for the amount that you get ($16 for a small tube at Ulta the last time I checked). The whole tube lasted for about 6 months because I would only use it occasionally (maybe once or twice a week), and though the packaging was cute, it was irritating to get the remaining primer out of the bottle. I think that this product should be sold in a cute little tub, incorporating the "genie" theme, while making it so much easier to use.
The actual product wasn't bad at all. The primer is smooth and creamy, and a little goes a long way. For some reason, it made the area around my eyes look a little dry and weird, but applying eyeshadow took care of that. I didn't see a difference in the longevity of my eyeshadow, but I felt like it made my eyeliner last longer. The friend who gave me this product is a big MAC eyeshadow junkie, and this works great for her. She can sport a crazy teal and white eyeshadow look from 7 in the morning to 9 at night like it's nobodies business because of this stuff!
I'd recommend this product to anyone who loves wearing bright, intense eyeshadows. If you enjoy the more natural look, you're better off using no primer or chapstick as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by babiigraciie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff so much. This really does prevent my eyes from getting oily and my eyeshadow lasts longer. I will repurchase.

Packaging isn't that great, but it can be depotted.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by hotcurlz24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great shadow primer. Holds shadow all day.