Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/22/2009 2:20:00 AM

First off, let me just say, I love love lovee this product. I got it almost a year ago, and I've been using Udpp ever since. Before I decided to get this, I had been hearing good and semi good reviews about it, but then also heard about how the bottle is shaped weird and a lot of the Udpp gets stuck inside the bottles at the awkward parts and the bottom. I finally came across a "de potting" video for Udpp and decided that I fully wanted to try this product out. Before I used Udpp I was using MAC's paint in bare, which with my eyeshadow always left a crease. This product leaves no crease, I was worried due to Udpp being creamy but it blends like powder without making your eyelid overly dry. I have very oily lids, so I at least need semi dry in a base, again, this product has done the job. No crease, no overly dry sensitive feel, plus it in my mind it makes the colors of my eyeshadow stand out more. ALSO- very easy to depot, I highly suggest someone looking up the video as soon as they by Udpp, you will get a ton and yes, even though you have to ruin the pretty packaging, you get a ton more out of it :)

on 5/20/2009 3:39:00 PM

Loveee this product!!! My eye make up lasts long hours..and it doesn't crease. Plus it makes the cheapest eyeshadow look like it's a MAC or Urban Decay. I definitely recommend this product, but Urban Decay should definitely change their packaging. A lot of product goes to "waste" because of their horrible packaging [even though the packaging is cute].

on 5/20/2009 3:01:00 PM

I should begin by saying, I have super super SUPER oily eyelids....and this is the onlyyyy thing that has kept my eyeshadow intense and crease-free for 12+hours. Ive tried MAC paint pots, paints (which are good but hold up better with UDPP), Too Faced Shadow Insurance and this was my last try on a primer. Being a girl who loves to wear all different kinds of eyeshadows everyday, staying power is a must, especially if ur a student but dish out on MAC and other high end brands. I bought this off of boots.com and was sooooo happy when I realised I had found my saviour! This is a must for any1 with oily lids. BTW i like to put concealer on my eyes (MAC Studio Finish NW30), powder (MAC MSF Medium) and then the UDPP and find this combo works best...for me at least. The only thing is ive heard lots of stories about this drying up soon and you not getting maximum product due to shape of tube, however my tube is still fairly new so i cannot comment on that. Would definatley repurchase tho! :-)

on 5/19/2009 10:55:00 PM

The pros-
High quality eyeshadow can last all the way through the night, even into the morning if by chance u forget to take your make up off

Makes eyeshadows/liners more vivid. Easier to get a dynamic, strong color

The 'doe foot' style wand makes it easy to apply on the go. Plop some on your lids, smooth it out with your fingers and you're ready to line,define and blend!

Cons
It's pricy. I'm not going to lie. I got the two pack from Urban Decay online, quite glad I did as I truly love this product

The bottle stinks. Its supposed to look like a 'genie' bottle and be cute, as lots of Urban Decay products are, HOWEVER that 'cuteness' sacrifices quite a bit of product. when this ones empty I will decant it and use the little bit remaining on the insides.

on 5/19/2009 5:53:00 AM

Wow wow wow!!!! I love this product! I was browsing the make up counters when I was on holiday in the states and stumbled across the Urban decay counter and the assistant showed this product to me and I thought I'd give it a go! I did not expect it to be quite so good though, it does stop creasing and it really really intensifies eyeshadow colours.

This is now one of my HG products!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am 51. I have never been able to wear eyeshadow due to creasing, disappearing.. Despite having somewhat dry skin my eyelids are a bit oily. I got a free sample of this primer and cannot believe my shadow stayed ON ! I was so sure it would not work that I put it on one day when I was staying home all day. I am still schocked that it worked. I will be buying some and wearing eyeshadow for the first time in my life.

on 5/18/2009 9:42:00 AM

One of the best beauty finds I have made in a long time. It truly works. My eyeshadow stays perfect all day. I have oily skin and it would tend to crease. I would highly reccomend this product.

Oh I think I've found the love of my makeup products - life! Now that I've seen the light, I will never go back to the days where my eyeshadow slipped and sled off my eyelids, where my eyeshadows creased like no tomorrow, where my eyeliner transferred! I absolutely love this product and I cannot possible image my life without it now. I also love that when I apply this to my eyelid, it blends like a dream! Like the majority, my only complaint is the packaging. As cute as it is, it's extremely inconvenient! I will continue to repurchase! However, I think I might jump boats over to the Sin potion, just because I like the colour. XD

on 5/18/2009 12:03:00 AM

What can I say about this that hasn't already been said. My eyelids will eat eyeshadow and crease like no other. With this magic wonder, however, my eye makeup looks as fresh at 7pm as it did when I applied it as 7am. Nothing beats it. Yes, the packaging isn't the best, but that doesn't decrease my love for this product.

on 5/16/2009 11:47:00 AM

Like most people have said about this product is exactly how I feel. The actual product does its job but the packaging is really horrible. You can't even get most of the product out of the container and will have to cut it. I will not be buying this again. I am going to try too faced shadow insurance next.

Video Reviews & Tutorials