Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my 1st primer purchase and I was delighted with the results. True to pan colour on even my drug store brands,and no creasing even after an 18 hour day. However, after only about 6 weeks of use I struggled to get the product out. Research on YT showed how much product was still left in the cute packaging when people depotted the product. I didn't get as far as cutting the darned tube open - I went out and bought Estee Lauder double wear base instead!! UDPP is a great product, but Urban Decay need to rethink the delivery.

I don't know how I lived without this before. Honestly worth the price. I find I get away with 3 or 4 light dabs of this stuff; in other words, try less before you decide to use more, and it will last longer. My tube has lasted 6 months so far with no end in sight. I have super oily eyelids and used to lose my shadow into ugly oily creases within a few hours. Now it stays til the end of the day. My only complaints are the price (but it is worth it), the packaging and it's difficult to use cream/wet eyeshadows. Still worth it imo.

I have super oily eyelids, I would apply eyeshadow and within the hour it would crease! I was lucky if I had any shadow left by the end of the day. My cousin had this and let me try it, I couldn't believe it my shadow lasted all day long!!!! I had to have this but being Canadian couldn't find this anywhere (Sephora doesn't sell it here :() I had to eventually buy this off the internet!!! Anyway long story short AMAZING Primer pain in the ass to find!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin. I start to shine within an hour of putting on make-up, regardless of what type of products I have on my skin. At the end of the day, a lot of my make-up has melted off of my skin, but amazingly, my eyeshadow still stays put -- vibrant and just like it was just put on! And this is all thanks to UDPP! It really is the greatest product I have ever used, because it does all that it claims it can do! My shadow never comes off or crease! Will definitely buy again!

This is the BEST eysshadow primer ive ever used !
It realy make a difference. One tube lasted me over 7 mounths.
Great in hot weather too!

Primer Potion really does keep your shadow from creasing. But I can't use it. The first day, my eyelids felt tight and dry. The second day they started to burn and crack. I let them heal up and tried it again, in case it was something else that bothered me. Nope the same thing happened again. I have very oily eyelids, and every shadow, cheap to expensive, creases on my lids in no time. So I am quite sad that I can't use it. The other negative is the packaging. It's cute, but you can just tell that you're not going to get most of the product out of the tube. I have read many posts on message boards about people cutting the tube open and finding a ton of it left when it seems to be empty. So for me, this wasn't a good product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

its great for powder eyeshadows, but it doesnt work as well on cream eyeshadows. i bought this product to help my nyx jumbo pencil stay in place longer, and it worked, but i still saw some creasing. its better than nothing.

I love the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It really helps my eye-shadow stay on all day. The only complaint I have about this Primer Potion is the packaging. When the product gets to the bottom is really hard to get out. But I would definetly buy this again.

I have had my bottle of primer potion for about 6 months now and could barely get any out of the bottle- I thought I had used it up. Well, after reading on some blogs that you can cut the bottle open, I did just that. I took a serrated knife to the sucker and cut it open at the top and bottom of the most wide parts of the bottle - and let me tell you, 80% of the bottle was still full! What a rip off. I am so glad I did that! I probably will not purchase this product because of the packaging, even though I think the primer is one of the best I have tried.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

The product itself is great. It makes my eye makeup last for along time. My eyemakeup is brighter and I don't have to put as much on. You only need a thin layer. If you put too much on, then your eyeshadow won't go on very good and the primer will be known. (You'll be able to see it)

The container it's in is horrible. The wond pushes the primer up and wastes it like crazy. I hate that. I just don't have the money for it to be doing this. I mean it already doesn't come with that much. If it weren't for the bottle its in i'd keep buying it. Plus after a while of using it the wond starts to not get it anymore and you think its all gone, but really theres a bunch left that the wond didn't get for some reason.

After this one i plan on trying the too faced insurance to see how I like it and if i don't like it i'm taking it back and trying another one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials