Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/1/2009 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great product!!! As other reviewers have mentioned it's truly another staple in your makeup bag. However, as other reviewers may have also mentioned, you have to be careful not to add too much because it will crease!!! Also the packaging isn't the best, but once you think you're at the last of the product just chop it open and put it in a small container and you'll be set for another three months!!! :)

on 5/30/2009 11:26:00 PM

I don't actually have the actual product, meaning the bottle and all, my friend actually gave me a sample after de-bottling it, since we all know the packaging is well, ridiculous.
This is a great primer it does what it says, doesn't crease, my eyeshadow didn't fade & stayed vibrant all day, but the thing I have with this is that it is so hard to blend colors with it. The primer grabs the eyeshadow fast, making it hard for you to blend multiple colors together. It took me longer to blend the outter edges and when the colors meet.
But it isn't anything big that won't make me buy the real product. So whenever I'm going out or have a special occasion to attend, I use my sample of the primer, a little goes a long way, and I use a cream base on top of the primer and it makes it easier to blend and also gives my eye shadows a sticky base to stick on. (:

on 5/30/2009 10:23:00 PM

This is, of course, a wonderful primer. However, I will be using too faced shadow insurance from now on. They basically perform the same, except that the wand and packaging is a headache that you simply don't have to deal with when you use too face shadow insurance.

on 5/30/2009 10:01:00 PM

I love this stuff, it does what it says and doesn't irritate my eyelids which tend to be sensitvie and react to certain cosmetics. But like everyone else, I don't like the packaging. It's wasteful.

on 5/29/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I made a comparison between this product and the too faced shadow insurance on my youtube channel. The reasons why I dislike this product is mainly for it's packaging. It's hard to reach for the extra product that you have near the bottom because the wand only goes so far and the process of having to depot this is way to much work. Another thing about the packaging is that it's not sanitary because after applying it on your finger or eyelid [whichever you prefer] and then having to stick the wand back into the tube isn't very sanitary. Compared to the too faced shadow insurance this gives shadows less pigmentation. The two products are both the same exact price but I definately recommend getting the too faced shadow insurance over this for packaging reasons and pigmentation purposes.

on 5/29/2009 9:27:00 PM

okay pacakging sucks i can only imagine how much ends up inside that crazy bottle without being able to use it up but as for the product itself it did exactly what it promised so ya , price is okay although due to the packaging should either be cheaper or just make it a plastic tube u can squezze out or something to get ur money worth

on 5/29/2009 7:05:00 PM

Makes a BIG difference in the look of your eye m/u. Helps keep the colors from fading and creasing. Better for people with oilier lids. Great base!

on 5/29/2009 4:49:00 PM

Whoever invented this magical product should have a planet named after them. I live in shame thinking of the days I used to apply eyeshadow without first applying Urban Decay Primer Potion. The difference it has made in the look and last of my makeup is incomprehensible. Every woman should work and own this product!

on 5/28/2009 8:42:00 PM

After only just realising this product existed i am very pleased to have as part of my makeup collection. It works so so well, the first time i used it i had quite a heavy makeup look as i was attending a wedding. I applied the primer before my pigment around 10am and by 2am the next day it was still highly pigmented and almost perfect. I would highly recommend. The only reason i gave this a 4 was because the packaging is rubbish, really awful. I worry that soon it will run out and although the "potion" is a cute and original idea i feel it could have been better packaged and be less of a gimmick. However only costing 9 i think it is value for money. Definately buy this again!

on 5/28/2009 4:15:00 AM

This is definitely a staple for many and used to be my HG but honestly I just got sick of wasting so much product in the horrible packaging lol. Also after a while this product lost its staaying power for me and have since switched to bare escentual primer which is a mess free twist pen style and very light!

Video Reviews & Tutorials