Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 7/13/2002 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this balm. I like that it tingles the lips and has staying power. I am a total fan and have been using it since my mom first saw Burts in the store.

on 7/12/2002 12:08:00 PM

i HATE the tin!!! i can't get it open if i shut it all the way. this sounds like a silly complaint but i found this really frustrating!

the balm was nice but the packaging was such an issue, i threw it away!

on 7/10/2002 10:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i was really amazed at the staying power of this balm - i applied it at about 11 p.m. last night before i went to bed, and it was still on when i woke up this morning at 7:30. love the pepperminty taste, and this keeps my lips soft and moisturized (though not *quite* as well as smith's rosebud salve). i like this alot, and will be purchasing another (in tube form) for my carmex-addict boyfriend (who also sampled this and liked it).

on 6/13/2002 4:10:00 PM

Love this. Moisturizes my chapped lips.

on 6/6/2002 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have perpetually chapped lips, and this lip balm has worked better than any other I've tried. I have the little tub of it and I guess it comes in stick form too, I would try that next time because getting it out of the tub is hard. I usually use my fingernail to scrape some out.

on 6/6/2002 12:51:00 AM

I've had good luck with Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm. Several other products that soften or protect my lips also tend to make me break out, and I've never had that problem with Burt's. Also never had a problem getting the tin open.

on 6/5/2002 1:04:00 AM

Keeps my lips happy and soft, and I love the cooling sensation. I often use it under lipstick. The little tin is bloody evil, though - next time I'm getting the tube version.

on 5/31/2002 1:37:00 AM

I could have sworn I'd reviewed this..but I guess not!

I love this stuff. Yeah, the tin can be a pain, but it's available in tube form as well. I've discovered, however, you actually get twice as much if you buy it in a tin. So after going through my tube in about a month (that's pretty fast for me) I decided to try the tin...and it's alright.

Anyway, back to the point. The lib balm is great. Some people think that peppermint is too drying, but it hasn't dried my lips out at all. One of (if not the) best lip balms I've tried so far.

on 5/30/2002 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

there is also a twist tube version- for those who have difficulty with the pot.. i personally think its gross to stick my finger in it and apply it on my lips.

on 5/30/2002 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like Spearmint gum. Feels minty and moisturizing at first but then seems to just dry out my lips completely. The tin is sort of a pain. It's okay.

Popular Lip Treatments