Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 10/28/2002 4:46:00 PM

No wonder this dried out my lips, as a user down below said, it has camphor, menthol, and petroleum.
The tingle is nice, but it's the same tingle I feel on all mint lip balms. it is not worth the price IMHO.Yea, there are a lot better lip balms than this one. continued >>

on 10/19/2002 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Well I like the minty scent and the little tingle I feel when I put it on but HELLO it has peppermint oil listed as an ingredient. That's drying in the long run, no? It seems to just work 'while it's on' and thats about it.

on 10/11/2002 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I received a small pot of Beeswax Moisturizing Creme in a swap as an extra, and it's so awesome. I put it on with a little lip brush before I apply lipgloss or lipstick, and it totally smoothes my lips and makes them all soft so the gloss or lipstick goes on smoothly. I also put this on before I go to bed so my lips won't get chapped overnight. This stuff is extremely smooth and not one bit sticky, and has no bad smells or tastes. I'm not sure how much this costs, but I'm definitely buying more when I run out.

on 10/6/2002 8:49:00 PM

it's not "the world's best" lip balm, but it's good for the price. I love the tingle. It's not as thick as I like though, and I don't really like that it has lanolin in it. I like BeesWorks vanilla mint better.

on 10/2/2002 1:58:00 PM

I love the minty feeling and taste. It has an addicting formula. I feel like it creates a cycle of drying out my lips, which makes me put on more, which dries out my lips . . . an so on. Good ole Chapstick really is the best lip balm..but this makes a really good lipstick base.

on 9/28/2002 8:31:00 PM

This is too thin for me. I wish it were a thicker gloss. Big dissapointment :(

I love Burt's Bees Lip Balm! I'm not sure it's the Holy Grail, but it's so nice. Easy application and it lasts awhile, too.

on 9/24/2002 2:56:00 PM

My personal Holy Grail! I love it, it's cheap, minty, works every time!

I've tried them ALL & this & Jing Jang are the only ones I keep around.

on 9/23/2002 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great lip balm. I'm still in search of the holy grail, but until I find it, I'll stick with this. Nice tingly feeling when I use it, and nice light texture. Works quite well at keeping my lips kissable.

on 9/13/2002 11:54:00 AM

I love applying this lip balm because it feels really cooling on the lips. But it does not seem to add any moisture to my lips. That said, it gives the lips a supple but not overly glossy look, great for a casual look. It also makes a good lipstick base because it's not too glossy and so the color sits very well on top of it.

Top Rated Lip Treatments