November 23, 2014 | 2050 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2002 12:17:00 AM More reviews by sonnie_art

This is a different type of lip balm. It tingles the lips and absorbs instantly, leaving a smooth surface. It works well as a primer before lipstick. I only wish it had sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2002 4:30:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a loyal fan of Burt's Bees Lip Balm, in the tin (more bang for the buck - you get twice as much as you do in the plastic tube, for the same price). I use it everyday, especially at night, so I don't wake up with cracked and bleeding lips in the morning. Works like a charm.

I don't find it waxy at all, as compared to things like Chapstick, LipSmackers, etc. Who wants to be tasting petroleum?

Overall, a good lipbalm for all occasions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2002 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

I've used this a few times, i guess i'm just not a lip balm afficianado. Nice natural ingredients, not big on the tingly effect. I've used better, and wouldn't NEED this, but it's pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2002 4:19:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPanda

I bought this hoping it would smell like honey. But I opened it up and it's got a light peppermint fragrance. I put it on and it made my lips tingle a lot. It's got a smooth feeling to it. It would be great for chapped skin and lips. I'll be keeping this. I bought the tin since I couldn't find the stick and it's a little cumbersome.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2002 2:43:00 AM More reviews by KristenL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like the product. It smells good, and it made my lips tingly...but after using it for a few days, it dried them out and made them peel. I think this lipbalm might fall into the same category as Carmex...better used on cold sores and those cracks in the corners of your mouth, rather than on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2002 3:41:00 PM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I carry it with me everywhere! I buy multiple tubes of this stuff when I find it!I like the minty smell and how it tingles when I put it on. It also moisturizes very well. I like to exfoliate by rubbing over my lips with a toothbrush lightly then puting this stuff on...it makes my lips very soft.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2002 12:18:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

I wanted to like this product. I liked the tingling sensation. It did nothing for my lips, even seemed to make them dryer than before I used it. My tube started smelling rancid after about a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2002 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MaryFran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wear this every single day. It's a part of my morning and evening regimines. I only buy it in the tube because the pot is messy and a pain to use. The balm goes on not too thick and not too thing and generally I don't have to re-apply during the day. It is super moisturizing and makes my lips feel great. I especially love the scent and the tingly feeling you get when it first goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2002 8:16:00 PM More reviews by SoCalSwingKitten

I'm a lip balm fanatic and this is one of my top 3 lip balms! LOVE IT!! The subtle yummy mint flavor makes my lips tingle slightly, and it doesn't feel waxy at all. The only problem is the tin is so hard to open!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2002 10:41:00 PM More reviews by PineappleChick

I got this in the tin and it is kind of hard to get a lot of the product out. I like it though so next time I will buy it in the stick.