Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/16/2009 11:47:00 AM

Like most people have said about this product is exactly how I feel. The actual product does its job but the packaging is really horrible. You can't even get most of the product out of the container and will have to cut it. I will not be buying this again. I am going to try too faced shadow insurance next.

i fell in love with this primer. i use it on a daily basis. i ran out of some so im gonna go over to Sephora later and buy some more!!! <3

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

LOVE the product... HATE the packaging.

The cute little tube is attractive, but it wastes so much product. I switched to TFIS because you get more for your $

on 5/15/2009 7:18:00 PM

The packaging , and price of this product isn't ideal but the product is just awesome! I used to hate wearing eye shadows because nothing stays on my oily lids. I have tried and tried all kinds of shadow base and types of eye shadows out there but with no success.

I was just about to give up until I stamble across this site raving about this potion. I went to sephora and purchase one myself. It was quite expensive for a tiny bottle but to my surprise it works. I work 10 hours per day and this potion makes my eye shadow lasts all 10 hours!! It's well worth $17 and besides, it will last me awhile because you only need a little amount on your lids.

update: They have this primer in a tube packaging now , so I am giving this product a five lippie!

on 5/15/2009 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Awful packaging. However, the primer inside is great! My eyeshadow (even drugstore brands) stays put all day with no creasing. Like everyone else, I wish the bottle was shaped differently. However, I will still repurchase :)

on 5/15/2009 6:37:00 AM

This product worked great as a base. Never creased and kept my eyeshadows on perfectly. However, the cutesy bottle is a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!! It wasnt too much longer after I had purchased this product and repeatedly used it on a daily basis that it seemed as if the product had run out. I was so bummed at spending that kind of money for us a small amount of product until finally one day I stumbled across a tutorial where a girl depotted her UDPP. So after watching the tutorial, I grabbed a trusty steak knife and started hacking away at the bottle!! You wouldnt believe how much product was still in there!! I literally have a full jar of product now. Until UD comes up with a better packaging for the PP, Im sticking to the Two Faced Shadow Insurance, its just as good and has outstanding packaging compared to UD.

on 5/15/2009 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this product!! I have finally found something to replace the long-discontinued EL shadow stay!! This product is fantastic - you don't need a lot and it really works. I have oily lids and this keeps my shadow from creasing all day long, even in hot, humid weather. It even keeps cream shadows in place - no joke! I don't use the applicator - I just put some from the applicator on my fingertip and blend over my lids.

on 5/14/2009 11:37:00 PM

Unfortunately, I was one of the very few people who had a horrible experience with this product. I don't consider myself to have very sensitive skin, so I was shocked when this primer made my eyelids very irritated, flaky and dry! I had to lay off any eye-makeup products for a week just to recover. =( On the flip side, it did do a good job of keeping everything in place .. it's just too bad I got an awful rash from it. Oh, and the packaging looks cute and all, but you'll never able to use up the entire product without cutting up the bottle.

on 5/13/2009 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product does what it claims. The only problem I have with this product is that it can be drying on the eyelids and can make eye makeup more difficult to apply so I end up tugging the skin. I use it on hot days or if I'm going to be out for a long time and don't want to fuss with my eye makeup. Also, the bottle is cute but the bottle is shaped so that it's difficult to reach the primer at the bottom so some product is wasted.

on 5/13/2009 5:38:00 PM

The only pro to this product is it does make eyeshadows a little more vibrant and does help them stick to the lid. With that said, my skin is pretty dry so it's not like I have oily lids or anything. However, I work as a waitress and I sweat a lot so I wanted to see if it could keep my eyeshadow from creasing throughout my shifts. If anything, I feel like this made my eyeshadow crease more. At the end of the night (esp with dark/matte shadows), my eyeshadow would be gone. And yes, I did use it properly and did not use too much product. I honestly don't understand all the hype. And to top it all off, the packaging sucks. I am better off using MAC paints. Don't use this if you're going to be dancing all night.

Video Reviews & Tutorials