Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this based on the rave reviews it is getting everywhere...

At first I don't know why I just found myself staying away from it. I just didn't like how it made my skin look when i've just applied it and it has dried.

But I just got over looking at it and actually got myself to apply eyeshadow on top and I was just amazed with the results! I was so astonished with it I kept checking my eyeshadow every other minute until it finally sank in :)

This product does exactly what it says and is a must have.

Will definitely repurchase!

on 4/22/2009 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this primer, before I discovered this I was using MAC paints everyday and at the end of the day my eyeliner always smudges to the bottom. With primer potion on I've had better luck my eyeliner stays all day with minimal smudging. I highly doubt I'll find anything for my oily lids that will not smudge at all. This is pretty good my HG primer. The bottle it comes in is cute but non functional requiring me to cut it open and scoop out 30% more product left after regular use with the wand.

I read a Urban Decay reply that says that you get what you pay for. So they seem to want their customer to hurt themselves by sawing the bottle open to get their money's worth of 30% product left. So packaging sucks and UD isn't doing anything about it. I'll try Too Face shadow insurance when I run out at least their packaging is consumer friendly in these economic times.

on 4/22/2009 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am very happy that I decided to purchase this product. It keeps my eyeshadow and liner in place all day!! However, I hope they come up with a different packaging design. That little bubble in the tube makes it difficult to scoop some of the product out. Another thing, some eyeshadows are a little difficult to blend over the Primer Potion, but other than that, definitely a must-have for your makeup bag.

on 4/22/2009 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is just a MUST for anyone who likes to wear eyeshadow & wants it to last all day without creasing. Nothing is better that UD Primer Potion as a lid primer. It is easy to apply. Is the perfect fleshtone color & really makes your eyeshadow colors pop. I can't imagine ever applying eyeshadow again without it. I LOVE this product & you will too.

on 4/22/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I am MAJORLY impressed with this product. Imagine, buying something that actually does what it's supposed to do! I've used this product with many different brands of eye shadow, from the high-grade stuff to the dirt cheap ones, and every time the shadow stays put all day -- and I mean ALL DAY, 12-14 hours -- without a hint of creasing. It helps the color to "pop" a little bit more. Even worn on its own without shadow, it helps brighten your eyes.

The makeup artist that turned me on to this stuff also says it works for lips. I haven't tried that yet but you can bet I will someday soon!

on 4/21/2009 12:12:00 PM

I bought item a couple months back because I was in a need of a eyeshadow primer and bought this. The girl at the store told she had use many times before as both a eyeshadow and undereye primer for concealer. It works for me for both as eyes shadow ( the color is more instense when I use it ) as for my undereye it helps out alot to smooth out my concealer which I love.

on 4/21/2009 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Aside from the packaging, I really love this product! It is the first eyeshadow primer I've used that actually kept my eyeshadow and liner true for 8+ hours with no creasing. As others have mentioned, the shape of the tube makes it impossible to get out all of the product. I found this video on you tube that shows you how to remove all contents of the packaging so none is wasted.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i got a small sample from sephora as my gift for spending over a 100 . i used it a few times i didnt see too much of a difference in my shadows and some of them looked horrid it goes on too thick and cakey for me doesnt glide on personally when i wnat the colour to be darker or last longer i barely wet the tip of my brush and then use it the colour comes our more intense and lasts all day without creasing

on 4/21/2009 1:17:00 AM

This product is amazing. I don't know why I didn't purchased this primer sooner. Eyeshadows that I was going to throw out or have stopped using completely, I now use again. UDPP keeps your shadow on all day/ night and doesn't crease. I would recommend this product to anyone :)

However, the packaging sucks. When you think there is no more product there still is a bunch left inside. The wand can't reach everywhere because of the genie bottle design. To get all of the product out you have to cut the bottle open. Other then that, amazingg! When Urban Decay changes the packages this product will get 5 lippies from me.

on 4/20/2009 2:42:00 PM

OMG! This stuff is freaking amazing!! and it's CHEAP too!! I can't believe how well this stuff works! I heard raves about this....but still had my doubts. The true test was when I had to be out ALL day and ALL night... I put this on at 6am and by 1am there was NO creasing! not even the slightest bit!! I am *impressed*... and it comes off easily too! I will be buying this forever!! Only thing I disagree with, is that it doesn't intensify your shadows on it's own... but who cares! I even used a CCB on top and there was still no creasing!! This stuff is AWESOME!!

*TIP* I removed all the product from the tube and transferred it into a small pot. The packaging is cute...but you end up wasting A LOT of product cuz it's hidden where the applicator can't reach. I think i wasted a good half of one cuz i thought it was "empty". You can take the clear top (plug) out and access the hidden product this way or you can take a knife (be careful!) and cut up the tube to reveal the remaining product. I STRONGLY recommend transferring it from the orginal tube to a small pot!

Video Reviews & Tutorials