September 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this lip balm. It is light and not sticky and smells yummy. It gives me just enough moisture and lasts for a while. Plus, it's my boyfriend's favorite lip balm for me to wear ; )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by peanutbuddy

If you tried this a few months ago and but didn't like the smell/taste - try it again! I really think they changed the scent. It used to be a heavy, spicy scent, almost like potpourri. Now it is lighter and fruitier, reminds me a little like watermelon.

I've been using this chap stick forever. I never was a big fan of the smell, but used it anyway because it makes my lips full and soft and lasts a long time. Works especially well in the harsh winters. Imparts a slight tint and shine, but not too obvious. The product lasts for a long time as well. I bought a new tube for the first time in a few months and was pleasantly surprised by the scent!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by labu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For $2.50 from the drugstore, I wish I would have saved the money for a parking meter or something. Although it makes for a pretty and subtle "pomegranate" red tone to the lips, this really does nothing for me as a lip moisturizer. I find that I have to run it over my lips numerous times just to feel that there's something on there, and for my lips not to be so dry. Then it only lasts a short time before my lips are even more dried out than before I had first put it on... essentially, I have to keep reapplying frequently to maintain any kind of moisture on my lips, or else they get even dryer. I'd say the only good use for this balm will be a thin coat underneath lip glosses. I'll stick with Carmex original click-stick, thanks, which lasts for HOURS and leaves a beautiful subtly glossy finish, soft lips, and even tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

Originally i purchased the honey-flavored lipbalm by burts bees and hated the scent. the pomegranate flavor suits me much better while being just as moisturizing. i love the hydration it provides my lips. i use this at night before going to sleep. if there was a version of the pomegranate balm with SPF i would also use it during the day. it is a balm not a lipstick, and is not intended for pigmentation. thus i did not expect my lips to have any color after applying, however i was pleasantly surprised to see that my lips were a healthy pinkish color (not obvious, just pretty). as i only wear it at night, it doesnt matter either way, but it's just a nice touch. during the day i wear something with SPF 20 (neutrogena lip soother). in all, i will definitely be repurchasing this burts bees pomegranate lip balm again and again and again. i love the fact that it has natural ingredients and have always had great results with burts bees products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by pinkpirate034

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm after purchasing the original balm and liking that. This lip balm has not left me dissapointed at all. The lip balm is a reddish berry color in the tube and give the lips the tiniest hint of color. Barely noticeable but a nice little perk. I find that it is a must have for the winter as thats when my lips are most chapped. It doesnt give the tingling feeling as much as the original but I still love it. The packaging is just like the orginal balm only with a red lid. Its a great product one that I will definately be buying over and over again. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by technopixie

This is the best non-petroleum, all-natural lip balm I've found. It's flavorless, and it smells pleasantly like pomegranate tea with a spoonfull of honey, which dissipates quickly. This isn't as effective at healing my chapped lips as straight-up petroleum jelly, and it doesn't leave my lips as soft when it wears off (after eating and drinking). But it works better for me than original Burt's, Badger stick balm, the eos sphere, and even medicated Blistex so I'm satisfied (and perhaps a convert to non-menthol lip products). I don't really get color payoff, but it does brighten the pinkness of my lips and works perfectly with Becca beach tint. Definitely try this if you're looking for a more natural lippie or if you've had problems with menthol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an almost HG lip balm. It has none of the things that keep your lips needing balm in it. It's a great skin conditioner with some healing properties. I used this during my recent bout with pneumonia when my lips were in terrible shape and it did help. I find that imparts no color and the smell is not offensive. While I like the taste of the original better, I think this is better at healing! I'll certainly buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff and use every time I use lipstick. Keeps my pucker soft, doesn't smell funky, and keeps my lipstick creamy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm a lip balm freak, and I know I've said this before, but I MEAN it this time: HG HG HG!

This stuff is the real deal. It doesn't secretly dry out your lips like most lip balms. Anything with menthol, camphor, or clove is actually dehydrating, so watch out! The original Burt's is horrible with this. It wears well, smells great, and is pretty cheap!

Lots of people say this gives you a hint of color, I don't think so. I'd argue that your lips will redden up a bit just from the act of applying balm and rubbing your lips together. After a few minutes my lips are my natural color.

Aquaphor before bed and this during the day have kept my lips full and soft during a record-breaking cold winter. Love.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by athnamas

I really love Burt's Bees beeswax lipbalm, so I gave this a try a few years back. Its great because it feels less waxy, and it feels like a "sinks in" a little better than the original, which sometimes I find will feel like its just sitting on top of your lips.
It also gives a pinkish tint.
The downside is that I've noticed that it goes bad more quickly than the original. I have lots of both kicking around, and when I discover one that I thought I lost a while back, the orginal version is always okay, and the pomegrante tastes and smells kind of like wet cardboard.
But only happens after about a year or a year and a half, so hopefully you'll have finished it before it has a chance to go bad.
It is also quite expensive for a lipbalm (almost $6 CDN), but overall, I still find that I have it in my bag at all times.