Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica, Layroyl Lysine. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

on 11/22/2007 2:32:00 PM

I love this product! It works better on my skin than any other foundation I've ever tried - I have dry combination skin, and while my t-zone does start to shine again after a while, it doesn't make my dryness worse at all. I took off one lippie for the shine, though. I was lucky enough to find my colour right away - Fair works very well for me, and covers part of my reddish complexion without making me look paler than I really am. The coverage is good enough for me as well. Would repurchase.

on 11/22/2007 1:43:00 AM

I recently ordered a sample kit after reading the glowing reviews both here and on the Australian Vogue forums - and I am definitely a convert! I was lucky enough to hit on my perfect shade right away, and have been thrilled with the product. Even though I live in a very warm and humid area (where normal makeup tends to just slide straight off my face), I get only a little 'glow' by the end of the day, and my skin looks naturally flawless. And my skin has been softer and clearer than usual, even without makeup!

on 11/9/2007 6:27:00 PM

So my favorite formula is the Semi-matte! It works great and gives me just the right amount of coverage. It looks and feels so natural! I LOVE IT. Since I mix foundation shades I mix it with the matte formula during the summer when I get oily and the original glo when I get dried out during the winter! Most of the time I just use the semi-matte formula cause it is my favorite!

on 10/29/2007 4:29:00 PM

I liked the way this evened out my skin but by mid-day my face was an oil slick. Normally, I have combo skin that is taken care of by a bit of Cover Girl powder. I guess I just can't use this formula. Sheer Cover caused oil as well. I have no idea why, but I don't think i can wear MMU.

on 10/26/2007 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my every day staple foundation. It's quick to apply, evens out my skin tone, and doesn't break me out or make me itchy. I also have the intensive for more bring-on-the-big-guns days, when my face is really broken out or I need a more flawless complexion, like for photos.

I've reordered twice, and it's the only foundation I've ever used up and reordered. Great stuff, and cheap, but it's too easy to get too much product on the brush and it spills out of the sifter if the container is overturned, so I store it on a shelf rather than in a makeup bag.

on 10/26/2007 3:37:00 PM

I'm very pleased with the quality and how this product feels on my face. I like it much better than BE, which made my face so dry & red! I love the sliky texture and it covers very well.

on 10/26/2007 2:03:00 PM

This is great! I tried a sample and I'm going for the full size now. Sandy fair was great for me, the "fair" shade was too light even for my NW15 complexion, and my face looks flawless! I was trying different application methods, the quickest, cleanest and best coverage way ws actually with a powder puff! I'll try their wedged sponge, it should be great.

on 10/19/2007 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Received a sample kit, two semi-mattes and one glo. I was not impressed with the packaging, half of it spilled out all over the place when I opened it. I tried the semi-matte first and I was not impressed by it, maybe it's my skin or something. It wore off quite easily even with primer and finishing powder, and left my skin looking a bit patchy. They do have a great array of shades though and the price is great for the samples, as well as the full size. I am sure I will just have to try this again sometime - but I know that I certainly won't get the semi-matte formula. Didn't wow me at all.

on 10/19/2007 10:44:00 AM

Definitely my favorite of all the EM formulas and indeed definitely my favorite foundation! Goes on silky smooth unlike the matte and the intensive which both looked cakey and also broke me out. I don't have dry skin - it's rather combination so I do blot a little in my t-zone. Maybe getting a small pot of matte to put in my t-zone will work.
This does not break me out and it really calms my sensitive skin without looking caked on or dry. Coverage is light to medium.
I have bought this over and over!

:::::UPDATE::::::
Tried this again after a LONG time of disuse. I was using JI PurePressed Base and love it but it's expensive as $hit so am looking for a stand-in. I remember I liked this but now, I find it is very chalky and builds up all over the face. It also accentuated my peach fuzz with was, um, not cool at all. I got this again in those sweet 'free' sample sizes so I will keep trying with the different formulas, colors, and application techniques to see if this is could replace my JI.

on 10/19/2007 9:58:00 AM

My HG foundation - perfect in every way - goes on very naturally, or can build it up for more coverage, keeps shine in check, balances out skin tone without looking "makeupy" & price is great. Provides unspecified SPF, so I wear it over a sunscreen moisturizer. The "fairly light" shade matches perfectly, so no need to mix my own shade. Very impressed with Everyday Minerals customer service, product quality, speedy delivery - great company!

Popular Powder Foundations