July 29, 2014 | 1887 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ilovebnamom

So my favorite formula is the Semi-matte! It works great and gives me just the right amount of coverage. It looks and feels so natural! I LOVE IT. Since I mix foundation shades I mix it with the matte formula during the summer when I get oily and the original glo when I get dried out during the winter! Most of the time I just use the semi-matte formula cause it is my favorite!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pancakegood

I liked the way this evened out my skin but by mid-day my face was an oil slick. Normally, I have combo skin that is taken care of by a bit of Cover Girl powder. I guess I just can't use this formula. Sheer Cover caused oil as well. I have no idea why, but I don't think i can wear MMU.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 9:11:00 PM More reviews by momaste

This is my every day staple foundation. It's quick to apply, evens out my skin tone, and doesn't break me out or make me itchy. I also have the intensive for more bring-on-the-big-guns days, when my face is really broken out or I need a more flawless complexion, like for photos.

I've reordered twice, and it's the only foundation I've ever used up and reordered. Great stuff, and cheap, but it's too easy to get too much product on the brush and it spills out of the sifter if the container is overturned, so I store it on a shelf rather than in a makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by jmr1450

I'm very pleased with the quality and how this product feels on my face. I like it much better than BE, which made my face so dry & red! I love the sliky texture and it covers very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Anaiis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great! I tried a sample and I'm going for the full size now. Sandy fair was great for me, the "fair" shade was too light even for my NW15 complexion, and my face looks flawless! I was trying different application methods, the quickest, cleanest and best coverage way ws actually with a powder puff! I'll try their wedged sponge, it should be great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Received a sample kit, two semi-mattes and one glo. I was not impressed with the packaging, half of it spilled out all over the place when I opened it. I tried the semi-matte first and I was not impressed by it, maybe it's my skin or something. It wore off quite easily even with primer and finishing powder, and left my skin looking a bit patchy. They do have a great array of shades though and the price is great for the samples, as well as the full size. I am sure I will just have to try this again sometime - but I know that I certainly won't get the semi-matte formula. Didn't wow me at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definitely my favorite of all the EM formulas and indeed definitely my favorite foundation! Goes on silky smooth unlike the matte and the intensive which both looked cakey and also broke me out. I don't have dry skin - it's rather combination so I do blot a little in my t-zone. Maybe getting a small pot of matte to put in my t-zone will work.
This does not break me out and it really calms my sensitive skin without looking caked on or dry. Coverage is light to medium.
I have bought this over and over!

:::::UPDATE::::::
Tried this again after a LONG time of disuse. I was using JI PurePressed Base and love it but it's expensive as $hit so am looking for a stand-in. I remember I liked this but now, I find it is very chalky and builds up all over the face. It also accentuated my peach fuzz with was, um, not cool at all. I got this again in those sweet 'free' sample sizes so I will keep trying with the different formulas, colors, and application techniques to see if this is could replace my JI.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by acphilli

My HG foundation - perfect in every way - goes on very naturally, or can build it up for more coverage, keeps shine in check, balances out skin tone without looking "makeupy" & price is great. Provides unspecified SPF, so I wear it over a sunscreen moisturizer. The "fairly light" shade matches perfectly, so no need to mix my own shade. Very impressed with Everyday Minerals customer service, product quality, speedy delivery - great company!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by BeachGirl623

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thankfully I only purchased a sample of this product. The only positive thing about it was that it came 3 days after I ordered it. I have used Bare Escentuals before, so I thought that this could possibly be the less expensive way out... definitely not. My skin is not even dry, but this product made my face look like it was peeling and flaky. Also, it stuck to my make-up brushes very badly. This product has a little too much sparkle rather than a glowing look for me. I would have been very disappointed had I ordered and entire kit, so my suggestion would be to order the samples first (you only pay for shipping this way).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by AlisonPJ

I have been using this in Medium for almost two years now, so needless to say I am pretty happy with it. It is effective in giving my face an even tone and more polished look. I am 23 and still have some hormonal acne on my chin, and I still have to use concealer over this foundation. For those who are looking for a foundation that will eliminate the need for concealer, this is definitely not it - I would say the coverage is light to medium. Also, for me, this is not buildable - there is an ideal amount that I put on my face to get the look I want, and if I put on too much, it looks kind of funky and noticeable in natural daylight. When I do get that right amount, however, and just cover up problem areas with concealer, this really produces a nice finish, very natural-looking and I never notice that I'm wearing it or worry about it throughout the day. I am still using the one I bought it early 2006 and am considering repurchasing for sure. EDIT: I have added a star to my review and am rescinding what I said about looking funky in daylight because I recently repurchased, and there were a lot more color choices than I remembered from the first time I purchased a couple years ago. I selected Light Olive for my light-medium yellow-toned skin. Although Medium worked for me, Light Olive is a much more perfect match that I can build for more coverage. I don't know if they changed the formula at all, but I also found it smoother and easier to apply because my kabuki brush picks up the powder better.