July 23, 2014 | 1283 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

Let me start by describing my skin: I have sensitive acne prone skin. I have true combination skin. T-zone normal to oily and cheeks normal to dehydrated. I'm usually broken out epecially on my cheeks and somewhat on my forehead. I have huge pores, somedays worse than others. I'm extremely sensitive to silicones and allergic to chemical sunscreen, while physical blocks clog my pores. I know lucky me!! For color reference I am an NC37-NC40 in MAC foundation, 4.5 in BB, St.Tropez in NARS(which is slightly too dark.) I am using this foundation in Bisque 7n which is a really golden olive tone. I caught a glimpse of this at Sephora quite by accident, as I have been a fan of this formulation for quite a while now but had given up on it due to the lack of a good color match. Previously I tried Bisque 6 I believe, however the color was way too pink looked muddy and unhealthy. This is a major problem for me as any pink in a foundation looks outright unnatural on me. I saw the gorgeous golden color out of the corner of my eye in its beautiful frosted bottle with pump. I think this been reformulated again because this is a new color, also I believe this foundation used to have an spf 10 but is now sunscreen free. Which as mentioned before is ideal for me because of my sensitivities to sunscreen. I know a lot of people prefer ss in their foundations but there are a lot of us sensitive gals that just cannot tolerate it. Back to this foundation, this truly feels luxurious it has a great glide gives great coverage, I wouldnt say full, but really nice medium coverage. This is very buildable and can be built up nicely without caking. This doesnt settle into pores, does cling a bit to flakes.any foundations seem to disappear on me, this lasts a lot longer than others do one me. I would say 8 hours depending on the weather and such. This is much longer than usual not the 14 hours as stated on the bottle but I dont really expect it to last that long. I have worn this for about a week straight and no additonal breakouts!!!!! I'm really excited about that, and its that TOM. I've noticed a couple of clogged pores but nothing major, which for me is nothing! (I recently tried MUFE HD foundation that clogged my pores like there was no tomorrow!) The color match is almost spot on it is the slightest bit darker than I'd like but I use a lighter powder to correct a bit. All in all I'm a foundation junkie and rarely rave about any and have tried hundreds from ds to high end. This is most def. one of the best. This foundation is also really lightweight feels like almost nothing on. I will update if anything changes. I gave 4 lippies as I'm going to wait a month before I give it 5 just to make sure it doesnt break me out. <3 this foundation. (I'm also happy that Lancome is finally making golden/olive undertones in their foundations)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this foundation because it provides full coverage and leaves you with flawless skin that lasts all day. What I don't adore is the price tag. I have found several drugstore foundations that work just as well. However, if you can stomach the price and if you need a natural looking, full coverage foundation, this is the one for you. Hint: Apply just a little bit and blend thoroughly and quickly as this dries really fast. You can apply a little more if you need to, but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lacharo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best “feeling” foundation that I have ever tried…and I have tried them all. Companies will list their product as “oil free” but as soon as I put it on, I can tell it’s going to be an oily day. Most are too heavy. I have acne prone skin therefore with the treatments I use I like my foundation to be very light but provide maximum coverage and this does!! It’s pretty expensive however; it does last for a while. I think my last bottle lasted for 4-5 months with everyday use. So if you do the math and spend $38USD on a bottle then it equates to $7.60 per month!!! And even better if it’s Bonus Time..you can get additional products.
    This is the best foundation so far and I will repurchase unless I run into something else that feels like light and provides this type of coverage!!!! MY HG foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by blackroze79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This by far is the best foundation I have found for my skin. Its so light and blends in so smoothly, and alot goes a long way. It does not cake and has true staying power. I have acne scars and acne and this keeps my skin all one color. You may need a concealer for blemishes or dark spots, but this does cover significantly well. My face is combination skin so by the end of the day usually my make up is melting off my face, but this is not the case with this foundation. Ive been using this on and off for about 3 or 4 years, and go off when i "think" there is something out there better or to try new products and nothing has compared yet, even MAC which I recently purchased which is crap. MAC gives you a flawless look BUT it does run, it rubs off and doesnt blend into the skin (this is the foundation stick) but did cover my acne. NOPE, im sticking with this product!! HIghly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by aebricker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a hard time finding decent foundation that's the right color (I'm fair), doesn't break me out, or make my t-zone oily. This is my exact color, so I don't have to worry about it looking slightly unnatural. It is long-lasting.

Added bonuses: a little goes a loooong way, it goes on silky-smooth, it provides descent coverage w/o caking, and looks so natural and flawless. (But then It better look damn good for $38!) With this product, u get what u pay for, esp if cheap foundations don't work on u. Will buy again unless I find something cheaper that's just as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Corine_G

I used to wear EL Doublewear to cover my horrible post acne skin, but since I'm on treatment and my skin is clearer I need a lighter foundation to use daily that last long enough for at least 8 hours. My friend recommended Lancome Teinte Idole and when I tested at the counter I fell in love at first sight with the texture and how it dissapeared into my skin. It feels very light and smooth on my face, I apply it after moisturizer and finish it with MUFE HD powder, the result is: I can't stop checking out on mirrors whenever I go!
    The staying power is quite good, even though nowhere near 14 hours like it claimed to be. However, since it's a bit runny I end up using more than I need to and I also don't like the smell/fragrance, hence 1 lippie off. Otherwise, it's a very good foundation that I will repurchase unless I find something better (and less pricey).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by eshin23

i really like this foundation. the SA matched my color really really well! could this be my HG? oh man....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Jskiwall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent full-coverage, all-day wearing liquid foundation. Oil-free and non-comodogenic, as it says on the label. I have bronzed, combination skin and I was searching for something that would leave a soft finish and full coverage. This is the foundation for me. Not greasy, although after a full day my skin did fell a little bit dewy. Excellent product by lancome. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by laurenmt

I like how this product felt and that it matched my skin too, also, it photographed so nicely..but, all in all, it lasted almost all day throughout the humidity, but it gave me little pimples around my face, and that is the biggest problem. Unfortunately, I will not repurchase...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by betinamae

I have very oily and acne prone skin. I was actually looking for Kiehl's face cleansing products, and when I was asking the Lancome lady about Kiehl's, she decided to give me a full on consultation, and she used the Teinte Idole Ultra, and even gave me samples. I loved it enough to purchase a bottle.
    What I love about this product is the lack of bismuth in it, which is said to clog pores even when the product is advertised as non comedogenic. Overall, the product gives a matte finish, but I usually have to re-touch mid day due to the fact that I have very oily skin. Coverage = medium.
    Be sure to visit a Lancome counter so they can match your skin!