MAC Select Moisturecover

3.8

water (aqua purificata), purified, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, zinc stearate, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/ vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, tocopherol, ascoarbyl palmitate, squalane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, silica, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, hexadecane, triisostearin, glucose, fructose, dextrin, sucrose, phytosteryl isostearate, alanine, hydrogenated castor oil, hydrogenated palm glycerides, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, urea, methylparaben, propylparaben [ may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides ]

I really hate giving bad reviews, but with this product I think it's pretty much unavoidable. I noticed that most of the people who reviewed positively about this product have combination to oily skin. However, while I don't have super dry skin, it is on the drier side, and if this product was advertised/named just as a concealer, I would not have given it such a low rating, but it is named MOISTUREcover. I think that it had mediocre concealing effects (I used it for under my eyes) but had no moisturizing effects whatsoever. As soon the MA put it on, it was cakey and made my skin look flaky like it never has been before. I have seriously never seen so many flakes on my skin prior to this. A couple of hours later (I left it on in hopes that it would get better) I noticed that while the cakey/flakiness had slightly gotten better, the coverage had gotten worse.
So overall, I think that even though it is called MOISTUREcover, it would best suit someone with at least normal skin. And although I have drier skin, I'm 19 ...so I don't think that it would suit older people either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

A SA picked out NW20 for me, which is a tad bit too dark. It doesn't illuminate, it just provides coverage. I wish it were a bit more richer in texture with some illumination. I will probably return this - otherwise I would have to layer it with another product such as a great moisturizer underneath, and then a lighter, illuminating product over the top. Why bother. Update: the NW15 is too light - so on with the search.

Not too bad, but still looking for something better for my undereye, is studio fix better?

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I really like this concealer. I use it to cover up dark circles and it does a good job. I use an eye shadow blending brush to put it on and it goes on flawlessly. I use it with my liquid studio fix foundation. Would recommend.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

*sigh* i really do like the consistency of this concealer and i am still currently using it simply b/c i cannot find a concealer that matches my skin tone. i had this in an nw shade but it was far too orangey, so i went back to the mac counter and switched it for a nc shade. nevertheless, it still seems to have an orangey-reddish undertone that looks unatural over my dark circles. but i will continue to use this out of desperation until i find something better. and now that i think about it, if the consistency was slightly thicker i would have given it a 3 as opposed to a 2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I needed a new concealer, and since the MAC shade the SA picked out for me was so dead on I decided to check out the reviews here and treat myself to an early Christmas gift. I picked the Select Moisturecover in NW20. It goes on very silky and blends extremely well. At first I thought the coverage was way too light but then I realized it is buildable. This covers my dark circles perfectly and it made my eye area look flawless and lovely. Not flaky, not yellowish, not dry - and it didn't accentuate any fine lines (yay!). My one gripe is that it creased a bit right away on my lids but maybe I applied too much. I applied a bit of powder and it did seem to stay better however. I would repurchase this one unless I find something completely better - the price is a bit steep for concealer ($15.50) but it is a great staple piece to have around,

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This concealer gives good coverage and great for under eye area. But it's not the right formula for my oily skin. Within couple of hours it settles in creases and totally starts to melt. Also don't care for the packaging. Wish it was in a tube instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is definitely my HG for concealer. I cannot go anywhere without this! I use this mostly to conceal the dark circle under my eyes and sometimes on my acne scars and it does a beautiful, flawless job. This is the only concealer that does not make my under eye chalky or look visible that I'm wearing concealer. I do however use Select Cover Up for blemishes and acne scars on a day-to-day basis but the only reason I love Moisturecover is that it could do much more than Select Cover Up has to offer. So if I don't have my Select Cover Up, I rely on this Moisturecover to cover up my blemishes - I'll be honest, it doesn't give as much coverage as Select Cover Up, but it does cover a good load to make it look as if you didn't wear any concealer. So overall, this concealer is something I need everyday! A must must must! I love it : )

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product because a friend recommend it. I have to say that I have very dark permanent dark circles. This concealer does conceal them, but it does wear of very fast, and I also find that it tend to crease, but if you don't mind re-applying every 3-4 hours, then it will do it's job, a plus for this is that is has a satin finish, that gives light to the under eye area, and not a matte effect as other concealers.

This concealer finally made it to where I live, and due to the amazing reviews here, I purchased it. It didn't work out for me though- the texture was funny, I'm not sure quite how to describe it, its not runny, and yet at the same time, its not like a thick liquid, its sort of an in between that doesn't spread and blend well. Also, the MA picked out the wrong shade for me, and this isn't the first time it happened. When I purchased Studio Finish concealer the other time, it happened too. I've only used it once since I bought it (quite a long time ago) and probably won't use it again. Yes, it was that bad for me.

Top Rated MAC Products