October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

This concealer finally made it to where I live, and due to the amazing reviews here, I purchased it. It didn't work out for me though- the texture was funny, I'm not sure quite how to describe it, its not runny, and yet at the same time, its not like a thick liquid, its sort of an in between that doesn't spread and blend well. Also, the MA picked out the wrong shade for me, and this isn't the first time it happened. When I purchased Studio Finish concealer the other time, it happened too. I've only used it once since I bought it (quite a long time ago) and probably won't use it again. Yes, it was that bad for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by nanchintapa

I have heard about MAC products and how its makeup products are thick and cakey. After hearing that I never thought about looking at MAC ever. Couple of years later I decided to try out their concealer. I tried to be positive and give it a try. $15.50 for a concealer got to be some what good. Not really. Disappointed and probably wont try their cosmetics again. The concealer looks ok when applying but couple mins later it sinks in the fine lines and looked cakey. Thinking maybe it's my skin that was dehydrated, I mixed MAC eye cream in with the concealer and blend again. Through out the day I had to keep smudging the concealer with my finger because the concealer clumps and sinks in my lines. What a hassel! And the fact that the sales girl got me to buy a $30 brush to use it with the concealer got me even more upset. I want to return it but I hate to wait in line and getting a dirty look from the sales person doesn't help either. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works, just doesn't work great. It does decently cover the undereye area but I find that it creases and sinks into the fine lines, making them even more prominent--No thx! Doesn't mix well with powder, this only adds to the creasing. So I don't foresee purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I wouldnt say this concealer is bad but its nothing great...
So far i've used just two concealers....by MAC...this one & select coverup...
Select coverup was horrible...i've reviewed it (check it)
I had reviewed this stuff as well (had given it 4 stars) but i deleted that review and re-writing again since my thoughts on it have changed over the weeks! I have been using this since 3 weeks...nearly a month actually. Its pretty good but somewhere i find the texture too drying...I used to wear this under my eyes and upper lids...It somewhere exaggerates the lines under my eyes...When i use my moisturizer & foundation without this concealer...the lines under my eyes are not visible at all...but after wearing this concealer, they tend to show after 2 to 3 hours which kinda sucks! However i like this concealer to cover flaws or scars on the face...its good for that...
But i wont be using this regularly...and I am not a concealer person so i will keep this for covering my sudden breakouts (which i ocassionally get once a month)! Usually my imperfections & discolorations get covered by my foundation so no use of this stuff !
But overall a nice concealer so i rate it 3/5!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There isn't much to be said. Diffuses my dark circles effortlessly, and leaves a smooth finish, and slightly moisturizes my under-eye area to boot. Just find the right color, and boom. You're done. I wouldn't recommend this for concealing acne or anything, but I consider this to be pretty much an under-eye concealer.
Also, when using an undereye concealer, 90% of the time you will need an NW shade, and not an NC. NW shades neutralize the darkness better than NC shades, as NC shades can turn blue dark circles into gray, and not actually effect their visibility.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by amethyst81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have finally found the concealer that will hide my dark undereye circles! Select Moisturecover... NW25 perfect colour match, also does not crease into my lines... Best concealer I have tried so far!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Mojie

I almost never used concealer because I'm paranoid about putting more than a minimum of makeup over any blemishes I might have (and making them worse), but when I do wear concealer, this is my favorite one to use.

The texture of Select Moisturecover is the thing I love the most. It's very smooth and moist and almost slippery and glides on easily and smoothly without any clumping or streaking.

Unlike some of MAC's other concealers that come in pots or squeeze tubes, Select Moisturecover comes in a lipglass-style hard tube with a doe's foot applicator. While it's a breeze to dab concealer on with the applicator, you'll need to either use your fingers or a brush (adding a step to the application process) to smooth it out onto your skin so that you don't have a heavy layer of concealer on.

I do like the way the doe's foot wand pulls out just the right amount of concealer, but it's a bit of an added hassle and it's not hygienic since you're dabbing the applicator on your face (and, even worse, on blemishes) and then reinserting it into the tube and potentially contaminating your concealer.

Even though I have some issues with the packaging on this, I'll choose it any day over Select Cover-Up, which I find to be chalky and difficult to blend.

If you have dark under eye circles like I do, I've found that using a NW shade helps hide them and neutralizes the yellow that sometimes goes along with the circles, even if you're usually an NC in MAC.

PROS: (1) very smooth texture, glides on easily; (2) moisturizing (can be a bad thing if you have oily skin); (3) wide range of shades available; (4) clear tube so you can see how much product is left.

CONS: (1) doe's foot applicator isn't hygienic; (2) you'll need to use your fingers or a brush to smooth out the concealer, adding another step to the application process (as opposed to Select Cover-Up where you can squeeze the concealer out of the tube and directly onto your brush or finger); (3) because of the way the tube is made, the applicator won't be able to easily reach the product left on the sides of the tube when it starts to run low (which is true of any product in a rigid tube with a wand applicator).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by jcknic004

Love this concealer, it is the only one I have found that really works for me and for the price it is perfection. Have been using it under my eyes every day for around two years now, has yet to let me down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Very nice concealer!Has satin finish and medium coverage.Ideal for the eye area.logical price and nice packaging.,has minimal slip,wont crease.Good staying power too

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jennifermus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate this concealer! I am only 25 years old yet when i use this, it accentuates all of my fine lines. I do not recommend this product to anyone. The color matched my skin nice, but within 10 minutes, I had under eye lines. I will reserve this for costume wear if I choose to play a much older character!