July 28, 2014 | 1827 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There isn't much to be said. Diffuses my dark circles effortlessly, and leaves a smooth finish, and slightly moisturizes my under-eye area to boot. Just find the right color, and boom. You're done. I wouldn't recommend this for concealing acne or anything, but I consider this to be pretty much an under-eye concealer.
Also, when using an undereye concealer, 90% of the time you will need an NW shade, and not an NC. NW shades neutralize the darkness better than NC shades, as NC shades can turn blue dark circles into gray, and not actually effect their visibility.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by amethyst81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have finally found the concealer that will hide my dark undereye circles! Select Moisturecover... NW25 perfect colour match, also does not crease into my lines... Best concealer I have tried so far!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Mojie

I almost never used concealer because I'm paranoid about putting more than a minimum of makeup over any blemishes I might have (and making them worse), but when I do wear concealer, this is my favorite one to use.

The texture of Select Moisturecover is the thing I love the most. It's very smooth and moist and almost slippery and glides on easily and smoothly without any clumping or streaking.

Unlike some of MAC's other concealers that come in pots or squeeze tubes, Select Moisturecover comes in a lipglass-style hard tube with a doe's foot applicator. While it's a breeze to dab concealer on with the applicator, you'll need to either use your fingers or a brush (adding a step to the application process) to smooth it out onto your skin so that you don't have a heavy layer of concealer on.

I do like the way the doe's foot wand pulls out just the right amount of concealer, but it's a bit of an added hassle and it's not hygienic since you're dabbing the applicator on your face (and, even worse, on blemishes) and then reinserting it into the tube and potentially contaminating your concealer.

Even though I have some issues with the packaging on this, I'll choose it any day over Select Cover-Up, which I find to be chalky and difficult to blend.

If you have dark under eye circles like I do, I've found that using a NW shade helps hide them and neutralizes the yellow that sometimes goes along with the circles, even if you're usually an NC in MAC.

PROS: (1) very smooth texture, glides on easily; (2) moisturizing (can be a bad thing if you have oily skin); (3) wide range of shades available; (4) clear tube so you can see how much product is left.

CONS: (1) doe's foot applicator isn't hygienic; (2) you'll need to use your fingers or a brush to smooth out the concealer, adding another step to the application process (as opposed to Select Cover-Up where you can squeeze the concealer out of the tube and directly onto your brush or finger); (3) because of the way the tube is made, the applicator won't be able to easily reach the product left on the sides of the tube when it starts to run low (which is true of any product in a rigid tube with a wand applicator).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by jcknic004

Love this concealer, it is the only one I have found that really works for me and for the price it is perfection. Have been using it under my eyes every day for around two years now, has yet to let me down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Very nice concealer!Has satin finish and medium coverage.Ideal for the eye area.logical price and nice packaging.,has minimal slip,wont crease.Good staying power too

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jennifermus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate this concealer! I am only 25 years old yet when i use this, it accentuates all of my fine lines. I do not recommend this product to anyone. The color matched my skin nice, but within 10 minutes, I had under eye lines. I will reserve this for costume wear if I choose to play a much older character!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by geekit

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer for my under eye circles.
I use it in nc20..a little bit yellowish and it really takes away the purple. lol. yes purple.

It is the most moisturizing and full coverage concealer without looking cakey. HG.

Also I bought mine at a CCO...so it's available for less than retail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by alissss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the concealer I use most often and is the best. It blends well, is soft and silky and the NW15 works perfectly for my skin. A tube lasts for a long time so price is not so bad.

I used the studio stick version once too. I did not like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG concealer! I honestly couldn't live without Select Moisturecover :) I have been using this on/off for over a year now. A wonderful MA suggested this since my Studio Finish concealer didn't match my skin anymore and had dried up. Select Moisturecover really does conceal the area under my eyes as well as blemishes and other imperfections. It lasts too!
I'm an NC35-NC37 and I wear a NW20 in this stuff. You wouldn't think so, but it matches my skin nicely and blends in well. I just repurchased my 2nd tube and started using it recently. This is definitely a must have. I hope MAC keeps this around for years to come!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by spongy

This is one of the best concealers I've ever used! I use it as an undereye concealer and it works perfectly. In my experience of using this product, I found that it doesn't flake, never gets cakey, nor creases which is all a plus because it's so hard for me to find one that actually doesn't dry out my undereye area. This works wonders as an undereye concealer. I highly reccommend it!