November 26, 2014 | 1622 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by AthenaNike

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would not buy this again. I have been using Neutrogena Skin Clearing Make-up with Flawless Finish for years, and they recently changed the formula. Searching for a new AHA or BHA makeup, I found this one. After trying (and comparing) it to Neutrogena's, I have found I don't like it. Here's why:

1. It Stinks.
2. Packaging sucks: the cap is a snap-on type (it MIGHT need a 1/4 turn twist off/on) but it doesn't hold the makeup in the bottle...it gets all over the cap and the neck of the bottle.
3. Makes me oilier than N did...no joke. At the end of the day, I can stick napkins to my face and they STAY. Yes, I've tried it.

The following other reasons may be pros or cons depending on what you like:
1. It's got an odd texture--runny but kinda thick, but "thick" doesn't necessarily mean it creates a great finish.
2. The undertones are yellow (which I DO like).
3. It does blend pretty well and matches my skin fairly well. The colors run light.
4. Decent coverage. It ain't an airbrush job, but it's better than my nasty naked skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ABC9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation matches my skin color perfectly, which is why I continue to use it. It's super spreadable (has a runnier consistency) and has yellow undertones, which work for my Asian skin. It starts out as a whitish color but then you spread it and it's fine. You also have to wait a couple seconds for the true color to come out because it does change within the first few minutes. I'd say go a teeny bit lighter than you would cuz it gets a little bit darker, but never orange. Coverage is medium and I really recommend the Nearly Naked Cover Stick on top of this. Once you apply both, just run a brush over your face and it'll all look natural.

It didn't actually clear my skin up as much as it didn't break me out, so I can't say much about the medication in it as it neither benefited nor exacerbated my moderate acne.

The packaging I have to complain about, though. The top never closes tight enough or something but every time I reopen, product is all over the top of the lid. It never gets messy or anything (like it doesn't squeeze out of the lid) but I'm kinda anal with cleanliness. It's also annoying to get the product out cuz I'm used to squeeze tubes whereas this is a glass jar that you'd have to flip upside down.

But these were small complaints and are nothing compared to the pros of the product. Buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ut0pia88

This is a weird foundation... I wouldn't buy it again because it's just pointless, you cannot use your daily cleanser if its for acne prone skin and you can't really use any other acne products with this because if you do your skin will be too dry. The quality is not so good either- it's too liquid almost flowing and hard to apply because the sponge will absorb all of it since it's so liquid....I just don't feel safe to be putting salicylic acid on my face to stay the entire day!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, let me start by saying I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin. I've always been on the lookout for my perfect foundation- one that provides coverage, evens out my skin tone, matches my pan-asian skin (golden/yellow undertones) and doesn't break me out. I thought I'd found the one with Almay's Clear Complexion. The shade I chose, Sand, was a bit too light for me, but once applied it seemed to 'sink' into my skin and it didn't seem too obvious. I loved the texture of the product. It simply glided over my skin, didn't settle into pores, provided just enough coverage (also buildable) and the salicylic acid was a bonus. Perfect, acne medication and makeup in a bottle! What more could I ask for? I wore this for a couple of months, applied with a foundation sponge (I found it better than using a foundation brush or fingers). Until one day, I took a good look at my skin in the mirror and was horrified. There were a lot of tiny red bumps all over my face, everywhere, even in places I didn't normally break out. Shocking! I immediately stopped using this and my skin has gone back to normal. For people with normal-oily skin, I would recommend this... but for people with dry or sensitive skin like me, this is definitely a no-go. Might I also add, this emphasises flakes, so don't forget to moisturise well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by wleaf500

This is the only foundation I am using now. I have tried many other matte foundations from bobbi brown, make up for ever etc, but they don't do as well as this one in controlling oil. I have very bad T-zone, with all the other foundations I would shine in about an hour and it gets very shiny half day. With this foundation, I just use oil absorb sheet once mid day and my face looks pretty good all day. I am still looking for the ONE foundation though. If you are too, good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After my unfortunate junket into the much-touted, exaggeratedly-revered, trendy world of natural cosmetics - which ended in breakouts like I never had, even when I was a teenager - I reached for my Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing fdt, which I keep at hand for emergencies. Well, what do you know. Not only did it clear my "naturally"-caused zits (worn over DHC's Salycilic Face Milk, another little gem), but had all my co-workers raving about my "beautiful" skin. I have access to many high-end, very expensive fdts., but none of them ever elicited such enthusiastic reviews before. I think from now on, I will rely on d/s foundations. With the usual exceptions, high-end, expensive stuff has let me down, more often than not.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lovelyShine

i luv it ! made my bumps unnoticible by making them go away wich were on my cheeks i did not have redness like acne just a few bumps.
i do not think it would cover redness too shear & light but natural looking. i wish it was packaged with a pump but still good. Along with the clear complexion concealer my skin looks great!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by TheLimerest

This had good coverage and did seem to be slightly "blemish healing" as promised. Didn't entirely zap the things, but I noticed when I removed my makeup even just after a few hours, they weren't as red and inflamed as before. It did go bad really quickly, though, and I always seemed to be in between shades. Clung to dry skin and was tough to apply without caking. I'll continue to use this only when I need extra coverage, but not as an everyday foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by scionx19

this is my holy grail of foundations! i have been using it for over 3 years now and i dont know what i would do if they discontinued it! It doesnt make me break out but with my other acne medications sometimes it dries my skin out( cuz of the added medication), which just mean i need extra moisture. If you use a foundation brush and just aplly a little at a time it blends easily. You have to know how to blend or this won't work for you...nore will any other liquid make-up. it doesnt cover my really dark acne scars but it lightens them enough to where i can cover them with very little concealer. I have terrible scars but everyday because of this makeup- i get compliments on how beautiful my complection is(seriously everyday!)..i kinda feel like im cheating because i know what my skin is really like :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by brandsjunkie

i've been using this product on and off for more than a year now. the only reason i continue using this product is because of the name and the fact that it is said to help acne and blemishes. i have really sensitive and acne-prone skin. i wanted to find a foundation that could cover up the scars and acne i have but most importantly heal it. it doesn't do too much for my scars and blemishes. if i apply more of the foundation on it makes my face look cakey. i use this foundation with moisturizer and primer, still it doesn't do much. i'm not a big fan of the packaging and the price is average. i've bought the makeup forever hd invisible cover yesterday. hopefully it'll live up to what it says in its ads in covering up acne and blemishes.