August 21, 2014 | 1549 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by plimpkins503

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the cream I use for a lot of things. It cleans and leaves a film of softness. You can use it all over your body (AVOID your eyes and privates!!! lol lol) and probably for just about anything imagenable. Its probably even good for household uses that I don't even know about. I think every product ought to multi-task and I think we should probably start a 900 uses for Noxema club! :) I'll start: This stuff could maybe be used also as a wood polish.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by hmvx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The smell of this reminds me of when I was a teenage girl, it was the first product I remember using. No wonder I had breakout problems. My mom gave me a jar last week and have been using it, it hydrates but doesn't clean well and leaves a film on everything-including your face. I have to scrub the heck out of my shower when I use it because it sticks to everything. I have not had a breakout in ten years, and this last week I have had four really horrible bumps pop up on my chin- they were really deep and made my face kill !!! lol I don't have sensitive skin and can use everything except noxzema. I think it is great for sunburns- not so great to get a real cleaning. Good maybe if you have dry skin and use something beforehand to clean your face well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use this when I was like 10 and wanted to feel grown up... I'd just put it on my face for fun and laugh... then I actually tried it seriously when I was about 15-16 and while it made my skin soft, it gaves me tons of pimples, even when used with a toner... and it smells bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It worked okay for me. The consistency of the cream was weird, though—maybe I got a bad batch. But if that's how it's supposed to be, then I don't like it. It took a while for results to show up. It also smelled all day, which was quite an undesirable side effect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by TillieRush426

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cleanser that I have used since I was in my teen years. That was 40 years ago! I have tried other brands and have always gone back to this old staple. I am 56 and people have asked me if I am in my late 30s! My sister who is 3 years older than me has no lines or wrinkles either and she has never wavered from using it. It cleans and always feels fresh, never has a drying effect. I would highly recommend it to anyone - teens to mature women.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those thing passed on my mothers...I used this as a teen growing up and used it until I started experimenting with other products. I still like it and it leaves a very clean feeling. Like another reviewer said below, its does work for suburns as a soother...leave on for 15-20 minutes and it helps! I'll keep buying since this cleans with out too much drying on my sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by jcrysy

I was using burt's bees cream cleanser, and stumbled upon this for the third or forth time.

My face has a pretty glow after using this. I always tone afterwards. My skin even looks clearer.

I am using this in my night routine. I wet my skin, apply this cream, massage it in well, then rinse off. Tone with Dickinson's. My skin was so moisturized, I didn't need moisturizer! I want to start trying it on dry skin.

UPDATE: I believe it was causing breakouts due to the fact that this is not for oily skin. I gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used all sorts of noxema when I was a teen. I honestly dont use it currently althought I still believe it would work well, but I am equally happy with my clean & clear so I will just stick with that for now. Anyway, I always loved the tingle even with the original horrid scent I still felt it was really working. Always great on sunburns too. A classic and a keeper IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't use this as a cleanser, but a friend of mine told me to use this on sunburns so your skin doesn't peel. I rubbed it into a sunburn on my chest and it never peeled and tanned. Not sure what it is about this that would make it that much better than aloe, but i thought i would share that tip.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by KayW

I love, love, love this product! My skin is oily with dryness in areas. It is prone to acne and blackheads. I have to say that this is by far the best cleanser for my skin. My skin has actually cleared up since I started using it just a week ago. I used to use this is junior high school. I should have never stopped using it. It has no parabens or strange ingredients. It just cleans nice and makes my skin soft and clear!