April 17, 2014 | 1521 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 3:33:00 AM More reviews by ylchag

I've had a sample size of this mascara for a while and recently started using it- it's amazing! I have short, straight lashes, and with this stuff, I can go without my curler for a great daytime look. Besides plumping the lashes (which it does a avg job of) it really extends and curls mine, so I end up with a "fan" of lashes even without my curler! For a superdramatic look I use it after curling at night. It does clump a bit at first, but with a steady hand and some combing thru it's fine. I didn't have any problems with smudging or brittleness either- will def be buying the full size soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2005 11:38:00 AM More reviews by bluphonics

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I picked this up at CCO, I'm not sure I would have tried it otherwise. I have weepy eyes and tend to smudge mascarca really east which makes finding a good one hard. I actually like this one. It drys well without clumping, and stays put for longer than the other mascaras I've tried. I'm giving it 3 lippes because although I like it because it stays put, it does not make my lashes seem any longer or plumper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2005 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Tricia99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My fave mascara, it goes on smooth and does not look too thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 11:44:00 PM More reviews by vbie3714

This is one of the best mascaras I've tried. I have almond shaped (Asian) eyes and the applicator/brush is very important to me. This one wasn't super fluffy, so I was able to get the outer lashes easily. This mascara did not smudge/budge all day. I also wear contacts and this did not irritate or flake. I would love to buy this mascara again when I have money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 3:28:00 AM More reviews by jessicaericsson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the best mascara I've ever found, works wonders for me: long, thick, beautiful lashes. However, you need to be careful when applying it, or spider-legs can occur.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 3:38:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

This particular mascara is far too gloppy and clumpy on me. I used to work for EL, and I noticed that more black women LOVE this mascara than white women. It may be due to the difference in hair texture and how the product applies -- I don't know. Some younger white girls like this mascara too -- their lashes are more full. I told the girl who works under me NOT to recommend this mascara to older white women -- it most often just doesn't work. When she did, it was almost always returned. Those who love it say it adds dramatic volume to their lashes. I prefer the new EL Projectionist for a volumizing mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2005 12:02:00 AM More reviews by fabchic

Total waste of moneyy!! This didnt bring any volume to my lashes instead it clumped them up and made me look like a total freak!...Returned this immediately....very disappointed with estee lauder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2005 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ehsieh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice product, definitely gives a lot of fullness and depth to your lashes! It's a more sensual evening mascara b/c it coats on very thick. You won't need to line your lash line!

However, it does flake a bit! Although I did not have raccoon eyes, the particles that flake off irritated my eyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2005 2:37:00 AM More reviews by chickenfingers

This is horrible,I am taking this crap back tomarrow...It clumps so bad and the wand is like using a cotton swab to put on my mascara..I like a big thick brush on the end of a wand..and this brush is tiny tiny..Do not buy this save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2005 8:39:00 PM More reviews by naughtiikisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a GWP and as other reviewers have mentioned, it performed effortlessly. It gave me beautiful, full, separated, long lashes. However, I am a little worried about how a full-size version of this mascara would perform. Others have noted that a GWP mascara is normally a lot better than the actual full-sized mascara.