Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

2.9

on 4/13/2005 3:33:00 AM

I've had a sample size of this mascara for a while and recently started using it- it's amazing! I have short, straight lashes, and with this stuff, I can go without my curler for a great daytime look. Besides plumping the lashes (which it does a avg job of) it really extends and curls mine, so I end up with a "fan" of lashes even without my curler! For a superdramatic look I use it after curling at night. It does clump a bit at first, but with a steady hand and some combing thru it's fine. I didn't have any problems with smudging or brittleness either- will def be buying the full size soon.

on 4/10/2005 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up at CCO, I'm not sure I would have tried it otherwise. I have weepy eyes and tend to smudge mascarca really east which makes finding a good one hard. I actually like this one. It drys well without clumping, and stays put for longer than the other mascaras I've tried. I'm giving it 3 lippes because although I like it because it stays put, it does not make my lashes seem any longer or plumper.

on 4/4/2005 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My fave mascara, it goes on smooth and does not look too thick.

on 4/3/2005 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best mascaras I've tried. I have almond shaped (Asian) eyes and the applicator/brush is very important to me. This one wasn't super fluffy, so I was able to get the outer lashes easily. This mascara did not smudge/budge all day. I also wear contacts and this did not irritate or flake. I would love to buy this mascara again when I have money!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is probably the best mascara I've ever found, works wonders for me: long, thick, beautiful lashes. However, you need to be careful when applying it, or spider-legs can occur.

on 3/20/2005 3:38:00 PM

This particular mascara is far too gloppy and clumpy on me. I used to work for EL, and I noticed that more black women LOVE this mascara than white women. It may be due to the difference in hair texture and how the product applies -- I don't know. Some younger white girls like this mascara too -- their lashes are more full. I told the girl who works under me NOT to recommend this mascara to older white women -- it most often just doesn't work. When she did, it was almost always returned. Those who love it say it adds dramatic volume to their lashes. I prefer the new EL Projectionist for a volumizing mascara.

on 3/19/2005 12:02:00 AM

Total waste of moneyy!! This didnt bring any volume to my lashes instead it clumped them up and made me look like a total freak!...Returned this immediately....very disappointed with estee lauder

on 3/15/2005 6:59:00 PM

Nice product, definitely gives a lot of fullness and depth to your lashes! It's a more sensual evening mascara b/c it coats on very thick. You won't need to line your lash line!

However, it does flake a bit! Although I did not have raccoon eyes, the particles that flake off irritated my eyes!

This is horrible,I am taking this crap back tomarrow...It clumps so bad and the wand is like using a cotton swab to put on my mascara..I like a big thick brush on the end of a wand..and this brush is tiny tiny..Do not buy this save your money.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received this as a GWP and as other reviewers have mentioned, it performed effortlessly. It gave me beautiful, full, separated, long lashes. However, I am a little worried about how a full-size version of this mascara would perform. Others have noted that a GWP mascara is normally a lot better than the actual full-sized mascara.