October 25, 2014 | 1740 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by c1wall

So I was a firm Olay buyer for quite a long time... then it was a combination of that silly advertisement Dove has going with the women washing mirrors with bars of soap and that i developed hard bumps of collected dry skin on the back of my thighs (I'm thinking its most likely a mild case of KP). After reading up I decided to get a gentile soap.. Dove .. and add AM Lactin to the routine. Now im not good about lotion by any means... so i only remember to do the backs of my thighs with the AM Lactin. However.... the rest of my skin feels amazing... super soft and just for lack of a more appropriate descriptive word.. feminine.
I do not and would not use this for my face though. I am a firm believer that there are facial washes out there for a reason.
All the best everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by TerracottaSun

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a all time favorite for most. Pros: lathers well, very creamy, good for dry skin & winter weather. Cons: melts away really fast, probably due to the cold cream ingrediant, costly since you go thru it easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by anotherbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's my favorite soap. It smells very nice, lathers well, doesn't dry skin out. And it lasts forever!
I don't use it on my face, because I think it causes some breakouts. But it's great for my body. I always take this little helper on vacations.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by KK76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Dove for abou 6 months now on my face. I was a little anxious about using something that didn't have any anti-bacterial components to it, but it has worked great! I used to have trouble getting all my mascara ( and who knows what other makeup) off at night in the shower -- now it is effortless. Dove is a nice gentle cleanser that doesn't irritate and helps maintain a natural balance to my skin. I never worry about overdrying anymore, and I really don't worry about whether or not I am getting my skin clean, because it really does do a good job with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Katie315

Dove soap has been my cleanser of choice for years for reliably soft, calm, clear skin. It is *fantastic* for sensitive skin, and was the only soap I could use as a child. I have recommended it to friends with every skin type, and it seems to work for everyone. The smell is fresh and it lathers really richly. It cuts through make-up, even stubborn eye make-up. Also works for shaving legs, in a pinch.

If you're looking for skin-care product to do double/triple-duty in your travel bag, grab a bar of Dove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A staple product in my household for years. I use it to get heavy-duty make-up off before resulting to a scrub or cleanser. It doesn't irritate my skin or dry it out, so it must be quite gentle. It also seems to moisturize a little, so my skin doesn't feel completely stripped of moisture like with the use of certain other soaps. I use it under the shower or while I'm bathing on my whole body too. I use on its own to lather and cleanse or with a pair of rough gloves to exfoliate. I then use shower gel to scent my skin and it's as lovely and smooth as ever. Definitely a HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite soapy cleanser on the planet!! Feels creamy smooth when you lather it, removes makeup better than some higher priced cleansers without stripping your skin, and I LOVE it's neutral and soft scent. My favorite, favorite soap. I will always buy it, unless they change the formulation, which I doubt they will since it's been around for decades. PURE LOVE!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I saw these reviews on here otherwise i would of never discovered this amazing product. Yes, I love this soap! Firstly, it lathers up into a beautiful cream foam that feels so good on the skin. Secondly, it smells really lovely. Thirdly, it cleanses so so so well, removes face makeup effortlessly. It can take off stubborn eye make like nothing else, however I wouldn't recommend using around eye area because it is still soap and will sting like hell! Fourthly, this makes my face look so smooth and even-toned, like perfect skin should. It calms my breakout prone skin and has not caused me any unnecessary skin irritation. Its just amazing and so cheap!
tip: For those of you finding this drying,try rubbing the bar directly onto wet skin as opposed to lathering between hands, then massage the soap using fingers to remove makeup/dirt. You'll find it A LOT less drying!

UPDATE 21/04/10: Stopped usng this twice a day. I didnt like the film it left on my face and noticed I started getting a lot more blackheads and clogged pores, however this did calm my breakouts A LOT. Now ony use it in the PM to remove makeup (does it so well!!!!) then follow with a regular cleanser to make sure the soap is completely removed. My skin hasnt looked this good in years =)

UPDATE 22/064/10: YOU MUST USE THIS WITH A WASH CLOTH. if you're not using with a wash cloth then you are not removing the soap completely, and hence this leads to clogged pores and blackheads. Ever since I started using this with a wash cloth, my skin looks friggin great. The wash cloth removes all the soap and gently exfoliates prepping the skin for complete absoprtion of moisturizer. Now I love this stuff!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by BeauDisasterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok I didnt start wearing makeup until i was 21 so b4 that I had almost perfect skin i didnt knw much about beauty so i just washed my face with regular old soap dove soap i dont remember it ever upsetting my skin (face) anyways after i started using makeup daily foundation full coverage eyeshadow,mascara ect.....I started Breaking out, Clogged Pores, Black Heads ect.....(This was while allready using proper facial cleansers Since I heard your never suppose to use a bar of soap I tossed my Dove )... Anyways I freaked I started researching More on facial cleansers i tried everything eventually i sticked to cetaphil it worked until recently it started breaking me out i used for about 6 months and than it turned on me = ( I mean it wasnt very good of a cleanser for heavy makeup i had to use makeup removers and had 2 wash twice anyways so i started to notice bad break outs and freaked so i remembrd about dove "Beauty Bar" And Thought Id go Against Odds and See if it Did anything for me & it Did Its fab ! not only did it clean all my makeup away but it removed all my Makeup,Blackheads and Breakouts, As of Now No New Break Outs Its been About 1 Month Its inexpensive Oh And for Ref....I have comb skin.So i know your not suppose to use bar soap on your face but i havent seen No Bad Signs and it doesnt dry out my skin So Im sticking with it I jst make sure i tone And moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by fihe

I love this soap! it smells great and it makes my skin soft :) I use it just on my body but I've also used it on my face a few times (years ago) and it doesn't dry it out. for me, one bar lasts a month when used daily for showering. love it!