September 30, 2014 | 951 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A staple product in my household for years. I use it to get heavy-duty make-up off before resulting to a scrub or cleanser. It doesn't irritate my skin or dry it out, so it must be quite gentle. It also seems to moisturize a little, so my skin doesn't feel completely stripped of moisture like with the use of certain other soaps. I use it under the shower or while I'm bathing on my whole body too. I use on its own to lather and cleanse or with a pair of rough gloves to exfoliate. I then use shower gel to scent my skin and it's as lovely and smooth as ever. Definitely a HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite soapy cleanser on the planet!! Feels creamy smooth when you lather it, removes makeup better than some higher priced cleansers without stripping your skin, and I LOVE it's neutral and soft scent. My favorite, favorite soap. I will always buy it, unless they change the formulation, which I doubt they will since it's been around for decades. PURE LOVE!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I saw these reviews on here otherwise i would of never discovered this amazing product. Yes, I love this soap! Firstly, it lathers up into a beautiful cream foam that feels so good on the skin. Secondly, it smells really lovely. Thirdly, it cleanses so so so well, removes face makeup effortlessly. It can take off stubborn eye make like nothing else, however I wouldn't recommend using around eye area because it is still soap and will sting like hell! Fourthly, this makes my face look so smooth and even-toned, like perfect skin should. It calms my breakout prone skin and has not caused me any unnecessary skin irritation. Its just amazing and so cheap!
tip: For those of you finding this drying,try rubbing the bar directly onto wet skin as opposed to lathering between hands, then massage the soap using fingers to remove makeup/dirt. You'll find it A LOT less drying!

UPDATE 21/04/10: Stopped usng this twice a day. I didnt like the film it left on my face and noticed I started getting a lot more blackheads and clogged pores, however this did calm my breakouts A LOT. Now ony use it in the PM to remove makeup (does it so well!!!!) then follow with a regular cleanser to make sure the soap is completely removed. My skin hasnt looked this good in years =)

UPDATE 22/064/10: YOU MUST USE THIS WITH A WASH CLOTH. if you're not using with a wash cloth then you are not removing the soap completely, and hence this leads to clogged pores and blackheads. Ever since I started using this with a wash cloth, my skin looks friggin great. The wash cloth removes all the soap and gently exfoliates prepping the skin for complete absoprtion of moisturizer. Now I love this stuff!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by BeauDisasterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok I didnt start wearing makeup until i was 21 so b4 that I had almost perfect skin i didnt knw much about beauty so i just washed my face with regular old soap dove soap i dont remember it ever upsetting my skin (face) anyways after i started using makeup daily foundation full coverage eyeshadow,mascara ect.....I started Breaking out, Clogged Pores, Black Heads ect.....(This was while allready using proper facial cleansers Since I heard your never suppose to use a bar of soap I tossed my Dove )... Anyways I freaked I started researching More on facial cleansers i tried everything eventually i sticked to cetaphil it worked until recently it started breaking me out i used for about 6 months and than it turned on me = ( I mean it wasnt very good of a cleanser for heavy makeup i had to use makeup removers and had 2 wash twice anyways so i started to notice bad break outs and freaked so i remembrd about dove "Beauty Bar" And Thought Id go Against Odds and See if it Did anything for me & it Did Its fab ! not only did it clean all my makeup away but it removed all my Makeup,Blackheads and Breakouts, As of Now No New Break Outs Its been About 1 Month Its inexpensive Oh And for Ref....I have comb skin.So i know your not suppose to use bar soap on your face but i havent seen No Bad Signs and it doesnt dry out my skin So Im sticking with it I jst make sure i tone And moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by fihe

I love this soap! it smells great and it makes my skin soft :) I use it just on my body but I've also used it on my face a few times (years ago) and it doesn't dry it out. for me, one bar lasts a month when used daily for showering. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by kelblu

Why, oh why, haven't I used this way before I spent tons on all kinds of facial cleansers??! So many of the cleansers I've used are full of detergents and drying ingredients that have caused me alot of grief with my skin since it's so sensitive and acne prone. This is agreeing with my skin, doesn't dry me out and it so cheap. I love the scent and it goes a LONG way. I use it with a washcloth on my face and it removes all traces of makeup and leave me with a glow. I absolutely love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so dissapointed in this soap. I tried it for my face and it broke me out terribly. I have very sensitive skin and Dove aggrivated it big time. Though it wasn't drying and made the skin that didn't break out very soft. I wish it would have worked for me. The lather was very soft and moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

I love this soap, it is cheap for a big pack of it and lasts a long time. It really cleared my skin and I love the smell, or lack of. I just smell very clean, it is nice. Also, it doesn't dry my skin out, which is a good thing because I don't always remember to moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just perfect: smells divine, leaves my skin moisturised after a shower and lasts ages. This soap bar is my HG!! It is much better than more expensive - luxury brands and the price is amazing (very affordable).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Milicica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I pretty much can't live without Dove basic soap in my shower!
It's non-drying, smells great, lathers up nicely and leaves skin feeling soft. I use it in the shower, as well as for my face sometimes, if I notice breakouts or if my skin gets really sensitive - I switch to a basic care, Dove for cleaning plus a basic moisturiser, and it usually clears up my skin pretty fast!
LOVE!