Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 7/11/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like other reviewers, I found that Dove Bar soap is wonderful for cleansing body acne prone skin....I had really bad bacne and the dove bar on a body brush cleared my skin up better than the Murad body spray which costs $30! I still get the occasional breakout but it is a LOT better than what it used to be! Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this for my face after seeing the glowing reviews from acne-prone ladies. I tried it on my face and at first it was like wow my face is really soft but then I started breaking out BAD (like pre-Accutane bad) on my forehead and along my jawline. I stopped using this and returned to my salicylic acid regimen and my skin is slowly clearing up.
However, I really like this for my body. I have really dry skin and I live in the desert so this is perfect. It is moisturizing without being greasy. I even use it to shave my legs.
Bottom line: Love it for my body, HATE it for my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dove soap was a blessing for me... I grew up with Zest and Irish Springs, which made my skin dry and squeaky? When i moved out of my parents i did not follow their soap ideals! I actually tried to get my parents to change, but they actually like the dry squeaky clean feeling! The only complaint is i wish they made a large size =)

on 7/7/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is an amazing soap. I never use soap on my skin because it'd corrupt my pH balance (or so I've heard), however it leaves my skin soft. Whenever I'm out of shaving cream, I apply Dove soap instead and it gives me the same finish.

I also love the way it smells. It has a heavenly light scent. It's one of those products that just smell clean.

Would I ever purchase again? Psh. Does the earth ever stop spinning? ;)

on 7/7/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Perfect, perfect for acne prone skin. I thought that eww....soap for skin, and as a former sales rep. for Clinique...that's a carnal sin in the beauty world. My dermatologist recommended the sensitive skin/regular bar, both were acceptable, it would depend on my skin.
I stuck a bar in the shower, thinking great more zits, and my derm is a nut job.
The next morning I got in the shower, went through the whole wash your hair, grab the soap when all the steam was all around me, and then it happened! It is WONDERFUL, lathers great, smells so clean, and you can use it EVERYWHERE! One stop shop soap kinda thing! I didn't have to grab the showergel, the facial gel, and/or all the other things. And let me tell you, in the morning, it's me entertaining myself in the shower, dropping things all over the bathtub, soap in my eyes, and usually promoting short-term blindness, Anything that HELPS me, should be recommended to others. I am so happy to streamline what I use now, on my body! It's great to usea soap that is great!
Not to sound like the commercial, but there is no film left on your body, face, or anything else. I LOVE DOVE! And it never breaks me out, and provides just enough moisture. So after all this for a soap review, it's a little pricey by bar, but if you buy it in the multiple bar pack it's more economical. The bar last pretty long, and the scent of the regular is not bad and doesn't interfere with lotions and perfumes.

on 7/3/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Can't beat the quality of Dove soap. Non-drying with a light, lovely fragrance. I used a variety of expensive skin care regimes over the years on my combination skin. At some point I decided not to spend a lot of money on facial cleansers. My skin looks just as good using Dove. Really. Save your money for your favorite moisturizer/skin treatments. My whole family has used Dove in the shower for years. I get it at CostCo for a great price.
Listen to Mommala.......TRY IT!

hello!

so, i decided to go with the unscented, sensitive skin version because my dermo reccomended i use Dove bars on my skin. i had been using a plain neutrogena bar, but it wasnt helping too much and i felt like it was drying my skin.

skin type: i had little red bumps in my t-zone, along with some full-on pimples. the bottom of my nose is dry as well as patches on my cheeks. my t-zone, especially my forehead, is ridiculously greasy.

so i began using this bar on my face 2x a day. once in the morning after i run (cleanses off dirt and sweat very well), and once at night. i follow with a rich moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different), because this bar will dry your skin. however, as long as you follow with a moisturizer for your skin type, it's great at helping balance combo skin. the oily parts stay under control and the dry parts have dramatically reduced in redness!

my acne is clearing, too. i've been using for only 5 days, but each day my acne clears a little more and my face looks a little brighter. the thing this bar does best for me is it HELPS GET RID OF ACNE SCARS AND SCABS! i am pretty bad about picking at pimples, which leads to big crusty unattrctive scabs. (ew sorry!) I used this bar and when i woke up on the 3rd morning the scabs were gone. i had 3 large scabs and a few barely-there scars; they are g-o-n-e.

so all in all, this is a wonderful facial cleanser for me. i'm not using on my body right now, because 2 days before my dermo reccomended i buy this i bought a very large dove body wash (weird since i've never used dove for anything but deodorant!). i have bad acne on my back, and there the neautrogena bar is perfect for me. so try this bar out and see what works for you! i am becoming a fan of dove, for sure! <3

PS- i've tried everything. proactiv didn't work, clean & clear was super drying, and neutrogena was good for blackheads but not strong enough and very drying. i've tried biore, olay, everything you can just about. i was skeptical about a soap bar, but i so happy. plus, it's dirt cheap! sorry the review was so long, thanks for reading! =D

EDIT: It began to dry out my skin really badly. Too bad. Luckily I found a great moisturizer and it's all ood. =D Between this and Differin .1% gel, my acne's almost gone!

on 6/30/2010 7:34:00 PM

great simple product! i stopped using bar soaps because i hated the dry feeling they left but this has left my skin in better condition than any body wash/gel ive tried before. i use this as a face cleanser b/c its the only thing tht controls acne & doesnt dry out my skin, ive also used the sensitive skin version

-no dry residue feeling
-helped clear up my skin
-really cheap!!!

on 6/23/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Gentle, great for body (not face). Recommended by my dr as the only thing to use in sensitive areas. A definite HG.

on 6/23/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favourite soaps. It has a very nice light scent to it, does not leave any residue on your skin, does not leave my skin feeling funny or dry (some soaps no matter how much to try to clean it off the residue is still there).