Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 6/10/2010 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love washing with this stuff. It's the original cheap beauty bar that gives you the frest clean feeling. It's my go to body soap!

on 6/9/2010 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I prefer Korean cucumber soap bars, I LOVE the original Dove Beauty Bars! I love the scents, the way it lathers, and just overall the way the soap works on my skin!! Although I personally do not use this soap on my face, I know plenty of people who prefer this over cleansers. I first started using Dove Beauty Bars when I was very young, since my mother used to use it. I just fell in love with the scent. Then when I was about 10 I developed a rash on my skin (by this time I had stopped using Dove products), and when I went to get it checked out my doctor recommended that I use Dove. He said my skin is sensitive and that Dove would work well on my skin. Since then I ONLY use Dove Beauty Bar and my Korean cucumber soap!

on 6/8/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I love beauty bars. They are very moisturizing. and they clean well. I always had a problem with bar soap (ex. Dial) being too drying, causing me minor skin irritation, etc, but this Dove is just right. No nasty white soap scum, which is a definite plus and a must have in a soap for me. My skin feels silky smooth and like I'd just bathed in some lotion, while still taking off all the dirt and oil on my skin.

on 6/4/2010 4:34:00 PM

Dove for some reason dries my skin out and gives me a rash. One of the worst soaps out there for me! No idea why it does the opposite of what it says it does on my skin but there you go!

on 6/4/2010 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dry skin and this seemed to do the trick at first. But in a few days it gave me pimples (and not on my face, down below). Not sure if it clogged my pores or if it was the fragrance (it is very highly scented) but I had to give it up.

on 6/3/2010 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used this for years on my body, but have recently stopped due to the fact that they have changed the ingredients for the worse.

on 5/29/2010 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've only been using this for 4 days, 5 times, so it is too early to review..but..I'm seeing results.
skin: Currently breaking out, acne scars, oily t-zone/chin, normal cheeks
I use Dove on my face.
1st day, 1st use: My skin was softer..
2nd day, 2nd use: I noticed that my pimples are beginning to disappear.
3rd day, 3rd use: Pimples still continue to disappear. (even got comments from my sisters)
At this point, I decided to use it more often since it seems to be helping.
3rd day, 4th use: My skin looked bright and pores were smaller.
4th day, 5th use: Pimples are continuing to disappear, but I've noticed that there are dry flakes around the cheek areas.
Now I've decided to just go back to use it once a day, and we'll see how that works out. Will continue to update ^^
This is also really cheap, I bought a pack of 6 for $5.99 at Walgreens.
How I use it: I create a lather(not so much foams) on my hands, and smooth it onto my face, concentrating on problem areas.
~~~EDIT: 05/31/10~~~
7th use: Pimples still continue to disappear, my congested skin is almost becoming smoother, not doing anything for my blackhead, which I'm not expecting it to..

on 5/28/2010 4:03:00 AM

a great,great,great product. the most wonderful one i' ve ever tried. it cleans fantasitic,no matter face,body or hair(yes,hair.after use this to wash,my hair much softer and my scalp feels much more healthy.it is not easy for me as i got sensitive/oily scalp.if i choose the wrong product,my hair fall like crazy and break out)

my body skin(actually my legs) is terriblely dry and most moisturizer(no matter how rich)could barely manage the skin peeling. but if i use a moisturizing body wash, my back and chest will break out( i'm pathetic).this is the only cleanser doesn't leaves my legs dry to death and make my chest and back smooth.LOVE IT.can't find anything better or even could compare to this one.

well my face is combo/acne prone but sensitive as well. so i could not tolerate harsh cleansers such as most of pimple fighting cleansers,and i could not use cream cleanser or cleansing lotion coz they are too rich and break me out. the only thing could work well is a cleanser which is mild,foaming,non-drying,not harsh,not too moisturizing. and it is hard to find. the beauty bar is one of my list,it works nice but i'll like it better if its fragrance free(but i love it when i clean my body,sigh). the others are ,avene soapless gel cleanser,freeplus(a japaness brand)mild cleansing cream(its called cream but its actually foams alot), estee lauder pink foaming cleanser, neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser and QV hydrating wash.

anyway. my point is, this is a really good product and i'll always purchase again.

on 5/23/2010 11:38:00 PM

I LOVE this and the sensitive Dove Beauty Bar for my body. The original white Beauty Bar seems to be creamier, though. I also love the smell of it! They are the only soaps that don't dry my skin out horribly or leave a weird film. I tried using this on my face because I remember it worked well for me in the past, but this time it broke me out horribly! I will definitely always use this for my body, though.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this soap. I have acne prone skin that also gets extremely dry. I've tried everything from Pro Active to Clean & Clear which only aggravated the dryness and made my skin SO tight and flaky. I've been using Dove about a week now, and my skin has completely cleared up and I have a glow about me. I'm so happy :)