Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 4/27/2010 10:36:00 AM

i have bad oily skin and i've tried everything; was using spectro jel (orange bottle) in the morning everyday but my mom said it was harsh for my skin which i didn't believe cause my skin was so smooth after. but i seen that my mom always had beautiful skin - soft no wrinkles and i asked what does she use and she told me plain ol' dove which was a shock cause i was scared to use it since it's mostly for hands and body i guess. tried this on my face everymorning for about 2-3 months and love the results; breakouts are gone, no dry skin in some spots and my skin isn't as oily throughout the day! really glad i listened to my mom. i haven't used this at night to wash off my makeup and stuff but it doesn't seem to matter really since my skin is fine and i don't want to change my routine now.

on 4/24/2010 9:35:00 PM

I didn't use this on my face for years because of all the times I was told that soap is bad for your face. I have had acne and clogged pore issues for the last 20 years. As a result, I have tried nearly every cleanser out there and I feel like none were helpful. I started using dove beauty bar on my face recently and noticed a huge reduction in breakouts. I also noticed that if I use a toner after washing that the cotton ball comes up clean because the dove bar removed all traces of makeup and sunscreen.
I only regret I didn't try it years ago, as I have always had a bar on hand.

on 4/17/2010 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is such a great multi-purpose product. I've been using this as a face cleanser for a few weeks now and my face has never been softer and it's starting to clear up from the breakouts I had a few months ago. It's obviously good as a body wash as well.
I've been needing to get a clarifying shampoo lately but I really can't afford it right now. I had a brainwave and decided to try using this as a clarifying shampoo. Well, it worked! My hair feels very soft and not weighted down with product residue. I think I'll be using this every 1-2 weeks now. I'm so glad I found this out, it saves me a lot of money and space in the shower, lol.

on 4/11/2010 12:27:00 PM

This makes me sneeze =\

on 4/9/2010 9:28:00 PM

Keeps you clean and fresh! Leaves your face feeling nice and smooth. Def. repurchase. :)

on 4/8/2010 5:49:00 PM

I've been using Dove white beauty bar for about a year now, and up until now I've really liked it. I love the scent; it smells fresh and clean but not baby-fresh and clean. I also find it to lather well and be very moisturizing. While I do usually follow up with lotion, I don't feel like the bar strips my skin of moisture at all. It is also very cost-effective for a frugal university student.

What I don't like about it are the ingredients. For some reason (probably just ignorance) I thought that Dove products didn't have any animal byproducts in them. I recently learned that this bar has sodium tallowate (also known as lye) which is derived from animal fat. The majority of the other ingredients are synthetic, and I'm trying to "green" my beauty routine, so I'm unimpressed with them as well.

I think that this product is a good, basic, gentle cleanser and I recommend it to people who don't share my opinions on animal and man-made ingredients. For those who feel similarly to I, I would suggest really educating yourself on what ingredients are and where they come from because a lot of the time companies only market their product on its overall effects and just skim over less-than-appealing facts.

on 3/20/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

There are few products I purchase for years, but this is one. I have used this my whole life & love it. Dermatologists have recommended this for my oily face & my dry body. This does a great job at both. Whenever I try a "grass is greener" product that doesn't work out, I go to this. This has saved my skin on numerous occasions.

Pros: Inexpensive, removes light makeup, non-drying, doesn't make skin more oily or cause breakouts, gentle.
Cons: None.

on 3/15/2010 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've always heard about using dove beauty bar on the face but I never tried it because it was "soap". But the other day I was in the shower and decided to give it a try. I've been using it for a few days now and I don't know if it's just me but my skin looks smoother and clearer. I'll be using this from now on instead of my $38 cleanser and see how it goes. Smells great too!

on 3/13/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love the smell, my friend uses it for make up removal like all life.))

on 3/6/2010 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been suffering with different forms of acne all at the same time, red bumps, puss filled, and cystic. To combat the acne, I thought I should definitely use a cleanser with benzoyl peroxide, exfoliating beads, or salylic acid. And then I would apply a benzoyl peroxide gel treatment along with retin a at night. Let me tell you, my face did not clear, but became so irritated -- itching and burning me to the point of tears. I decided to eliminate using a cleanser with acne medicine in it and switch to ACNE.orgs cleanser, which is similar to the cetaphil cleanser. I still find that some make up is left over, so I love to use this as a gentle and effective way to cleanse my skin of impurities and dirt. Doesn't make my face tight after use, and never burns. I love this product and it sells for $1.00 a bar in my local Dollar Store. Can't beat that!