July 28, 2014 | 1756 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by SHEMISHKA

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have used the unscented sensitive skin version of this bar and liked it very much. Recently, though, I have had problems with an itchy rash on my face (most likely eczema) which doesn't repond well to the cream my dr. gave me. I stopped using this soap and switched to Spectrojel a few days ago, and I am almost nearly clear. I like the smell and the soft skin resulting from this soap when I use it in the shower, so I will probably purchase again. Maybe this crazy sensitive skin on my face is just temporary. I can wish, can't I?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by looovemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love dove soaps! My dermatologist recommended this soap to use as a face cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by dizzied

So, I'm on this "back to basics" kick because my skin has been unhappy & breaking out in cystic nasties along my chin & jawline for the past few months. I decided to use this soap as my nightly facial cleanser because it is what I used in high school and I had awesome skin then. Many of you will argue that a body soap should not be used on the face, but I find that this soap is perfectly suited for my skin needs.

After cleansing my face is not tight, and feels clean. My skin looks better after using this as a cleanser for a week than any other product I have used, ever. (Like y'all, I am a product junkie, so that's saying a lot). This is my HG for now, but I'm not saying it will be yours. I love this soap as my daily cleanser and wonder why I ever switched it up.

I will repurchase and would reccomend it to anyone willing to try. Plus it smells nice. The facial version is exactly the same but w/o fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by narshallow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite soap of all time! Lovely smell, creamy moisturizing feeling. Love it!

If I try new soap, I always miss my Dove. :)

I'll re-buy over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The BEST soap evaaar!! I love to use this everyday. Great for my eczema too! Use this also for makeup remover. Love the smell, and the texture. Can't and won't try other products!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by MarBah

Great soap! I actually use it on my face to remove makeup. It never dried my skin out and never made me feel like I am using soap on my face. I can say that I prefer this soap on my face over many expensive face washes out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing foamy creamy soapy goodness! I just bought this two days ago and I will never, ever buy a body wash or a foaming face wash again. Never.

I have combination skin and I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation which is basically glue and none of my cleansers or baby oil can get it off fully. When I wash my face with Dove bar it comes off COMPLETELY. When I wipe my face with toner afterwards there is no foundation residue on the cotton pad, it's well amazing.

If some of it gets on my eyes it also dissolves waterproof mascara and it strips my face of any oil without drying my skin out. I had flaky and rough skin around my mouth and chin because of harsh face washes and it went away the day I started using the Dove bar instead.

I also use it in the shower, it lathers so well and cleans my skin perfectly without leaving it dry and itchy. I skipped body lotion last night and my skin still feels soft and moisturized.

It smells so good as well, soapy and feminine and so nice after the load of over-scented, over-drying, over-priced face washes I've gone through. And it's so cheap, I got a twin pack for 1 so I can have it at the sink and the shower too. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by amoramor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This soap reminds me of my childhood. It's a staple item in my bathroom. My bf calls my loco for having it stocked up (i always have a least 4 packs at a time on hand). I use this soap for shaving, showering, my hands, face,and everything. Seriously screw shower gels, i lather one of these puppies up on my loofah and im good to go. They smell heavenly. I prefer the white beauty bars over the pink, beaded, or whatever kind is available. I will only purchase the white. I am in love and would probably kill myself if this ever became discontinued for some reason!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I could never be without my dove! I use this all over, face, body, shaving. I have acne prone skin (face) and sensitive skin on my legs...this soap never irritates me or lets me down!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lostea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was recomended to me by my doctor 2 years ago when I had a skin condition. It cured me and now I still use it! It is sensitive enough for me to use on my face and makes me very soft. I use the exfoliating one too and they are both great. It smells delightful! Try it!