Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 6/23/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Gentle, great for body (not face). Recommended by my dr as the only thing to use in sensitive areas. A definite HG.

on 6/23/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favourite soaps. It has a very nice light scent to it, does not leave any residue on your skin, does not leave my skin feeling funny or dry (some soaps no matter how much to try to clean it off the residue is still there).

on 6/19/2010 4:44:00 AM

Without fail gives me yeast infections, even if I avoid the pubic area. If you are having this issue, consider switching soaps. No other soaps give me this problem, it's something in the Dove.

on 6/13/2010 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have mature, dry, sensitive skin with occasional hormonal breakouts (yes, still!) and broken capillaries. I need to be very picky when it comes to what I use in skincare, as many products make me either break out, turn red or become really dry. I used the unscented Dove bar for quite some time but I actually like this bar much better.
I use it at night only and it takes all my minerals off without causing any irritation whatsoever. It leaves my skin soft and calm. Somehow, despite the fact that it is a soap, my skin feels less irritated than it does when I use "gentle" cleansers that need to be wiped off. It seems my skin doesn't like any kind of friction, or it will go red. Luckily with this bar I don't need to wipe or scrub or anything, I just lather it on, rinse off, and my face is completely clean. This bar has actually helped clear my skin after a terrible breakout I got from BB creams 1,5 months back.
It seems the perfect combination for me is this lovely bar and Dr. Hauschka's Rose Cream. Having used them together for over a month I've got skin that is in better shape than it has been for years.
What I like about this bar, besides all of the above reasons, is that is easily transportable and it doesn't cost a fortune. Here in Europe the scent of this bar is very light and pleasant.
"Beauty experts" everywhere advise against using a bar soap for your face. Well frankly, I don't see why (if the aim isn't to get us to buy the ridiculously expensive cleansing lotions and potions, which is what I believe it's all about). If your skin tolerates the ingredients of this, you might very well realize that this bar is the best you can give your face. Needless to say, it works excellently for your body as well.

on 6/12/2010 11:25:00 PM

This is the best soap. I must preface this by saying I prefer bar soap to shower gel. That said, I love how soft this bar is. It cleans my skin, leaves it silky with just a hint of a clean scent, and is affordable. I also wash my face ONLY with this as ANYTHING else makes it break out or leaves it too dry. I also use moisturizer on my face...this CAN dry your face out if you don't use moisturizer. It keeps acne at baby, seems to soften my lines, etc.

on 6/11/2010 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I always used Dove Beauty Bar on my sensitive body parts, which shall remain un-named! It does a good job, no irritation.

I tried to use this on my face, I liked how it felt after using it (I have oily acne-prone skin). After a few days of using it, however, my face began to break out. I stopped using it and the pimples went away. I tried to give it another shot and it broke me out a few days later. It's a shame because I love how clean my face felt after washing it. It eliminated the need for me to use my Mario Badescu Cleansing Lotion "C", which picks up even the slightest amount of dirt. I used the white beauty bar. I'm tempted to try once again with the sensitive version, or see if I can find a face version of it.

As you can tell, I really wanted this to work for me. Unfortunately, it was a let down for my face. :( I will continue to use it on my unmentionables though. Maybe one day it will miraculously work for me without break outs! Wishful dreaming..

on 6/10/2010 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love washing with this stuff. It's the original cheap beauty bar that gives you the frest clean feeling. It's my go to body soap!

on 6/9/2010 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I prefer Korean cucumber soap bars, I LOVE the original Dove Beauty Bars! I love the scents, the way it lathers, and just overall the way the soap works on my skin!! Although I personally do not use this soap on my face, I know plenty of people who prefer this over cleansers. I first started using Dove Beauty Bars when I was very young, since my mother used to use it. I just fell in love with the scent. Then when I was about 10 I developed a rash on my skin (by this time I had stopped using Dove products), and when I went to get it checked out my doctor recommended that I use Dove. He said my skin is sensitive and that Dove would work well on my skin. Since then I ONLY use Dove Beauty Bar and my Korean cucumber soap!

on 6/8/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I love beauty bars. They are very moisturizing. and they clean well. I always had a problem with bar soap (ex. Dial) being too drying, causing me minor skin irritation, etc, but this Dove is just right. No nasty white soap scum, which is a definite plus and a must have in a soap for me. My skin feels silky smooth and like I'd just bathed in some lotion, while still taking off all the dirt and oil on my skin.

on 6/4/2010 4:34:00 PM

Dove for some reason dries my skin out and gives me a rash. One of the worst soaps out there for me! No idea why it does the opposite of what it says it does on my skin but there you go!