December 20, 2014 | 1318 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bar works wonderfully for me. I use it on my face as well as my body, and am seriously considering trying it on my scalp. I was intrigued by the commercials about not leaving soap scum, so I went to the site and saw a video on how that works. The cleansing agents in this bar do not react with the calcium in the water, so it doesn't form scum. In my case, it doesn't irritate, or leave deposits on, my skin. My skin is softer, smoother, and clear. The water is hard (calcium rich) where I live, and it usually wreaks havoc on my skin. I have eczema patches all over (including my face) and all over my scalp. Since I have been using this soap, they have diminished greatly. This is why I want to try it on my scalp. Looks like I have an experiment this weekend! EDIT** I tried it in my hair for a few days, and it actually worked well for my scalp. It wasn't quite moisturizing enough for my hair though, even with a good conditioner. Also, I found a 4 pack on sale, and with a dollar off coupon, got the 4 pack for $1.75!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by EssandeN

After using it on my face for two weeks i think this is my HG. Other products (Drugstore) would make the side of my face itchy, and make the side of my nose dry to the point where my skin would "crack". it would feel the same as using tissues alot when youre sick. anywho, it has a great lather, leaves my skin so clean and smooth and has even deminished the little pimples which are under the skin. i team this with the dove face cream. PERFECT!
I have only tried Laura Mercier when it comes to department store brands. that was fine. but honestly, i cant be skrewd cleansing and toning, with dove i can simply use it in the shower while washing my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by supabon2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best all-over body soap. Not drying at all, and leaves skin clean with no soapy traces.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 7:56:00 AM More reviews by krissy247

My fav go to soap! Does not dry out my skin, smells good! <3...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by theacnevenger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, being an teen, and an acne-sufferer, the first thing I did when I began breaking out was head to the chemist and damage my skin with products. Facial cleanser, toner, moisturiser, facial scrub, facial mask, spot treatment, facial wipes, gosh! the list was endless. Then my mom kicked some sense into me. Stop using all these products, she said. And I did. I used soap on my face instead, that too - only once a day in the shower. And this really cleared my skin up and left it soft and moisturised. And that soap was Dove. The scent is lovely, the lather is luxurious (just enough, not toooo lathery, that jus means its harsh with chemicals) the feeling it leaves on my skin is awesome. Soft, clear and clean skin. What more does one want? Thankyou Dove. If I could, I'd give it a gazillion stars.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by taybear96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have so many great things to say about this bar! It does everything, Cleanses, Moisturizes, Perfect for shaving, and after I use it I just feel super fresh and clean. I have not yet tried out Dove on my face but I am thinking about it, because all the facial cleansers I have tried just seem like glorified versions of laundry detergent. Well anyway, will update soon once I try this out on my face (:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by c1wall

So I was a firm Olay buyer for quite a long time... then it was a combination of that silly advertisement Dove has going with the women washing mirrors with bars of soap and that i developed hard bumps of collected dry skin on the back of my thighs (I'm thinking its most likely a mild case of KP). After reading up I decided to get a gentile soap.. Dove .. and add AM Lactin to the routine. Now im not good about lotion by any means... so i only remember to do the backs of my thighs with the AM Lactin. However.... the rest of my skin feels amazing... super soft and just for lack of a more appropriate descriptive word.. feminine.
I do not and would not use this for my face though. I am a firm believer that there are facial washes out there for a reason.
All the best everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by TerracottaSun

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a all time favorite for most. Pros: lathers well, very creamy, good for dry skin & winter weather. Cons: melts away really fast, probably due to the cold cream ingrediant, costly since you go thru it easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by anotherbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's my favorite soap. It smells very nice, lathers well, doesn't dry skin out. And it lasts forever!
I don't use it on my face, because I think it causes some breakouts. But it's great for my body. I always take this little helper on vacations.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by KK76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Dove for abou 6 months now on my face. I was a little anxious about using something that didn't have any anti-bacterial components to it, but it has worked great! I used to have trouble getting all my mascara ( and who knows what other makeup) off at night in the shower -- now it is effortless. Dove is a nice gentle cleanser that doesn't irritate and helps maintain a natural balance to my skin. I never worry about overdrying anymore, and I really don't worry about whether or not I am getting my skin clean, because it really does do a good job with that.