November 26, 2014 | 1362 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by elenasnow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives pretty decent coverage, however even a thin layer feels very heavy on my skin and throughout the day it tends to settle into my pores and make them more noticeable. The packaging is absolute crap, I'd purchased this a second time due to the cap on my first tin breaking, and the second cap broke within the second day of me using the new one. I'd recommend this for the winter season because it's too heavy, for my preferences, in the summer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cailys

I actually really like this foundation! I typically just use pressed powder, but I wanted something that would provide a little more coverage on those days my skin needs a little more help. This foundation looks really nice. It feels a little heavy and sticky at first, but after setting it with some powder and waiting about 10 minutes, I couldn't feel it on my face anymore. I do find the packaging a little misleading, I feel like the price is more for the heavy glass than the product itself. But the good think about a jar is you can scoop out every last bit :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I was previously using Almay Clear Complexion foundation, which contains .6% salacylic acid. But now that it's summer where I live (and in a humid beach town, mind you), I've noticed that cream products hold up better on my combo/dry skin. My skin is acne prone and prone to dryness due to the topical acne medications I'm using now (persagel 10 and a prescription). I get a few breakouts, only a few blemishes at one time, but right now I have a big zit on my chin that is nearly impossible to fully conceal. Sigh. I also have a lot of hyper pigmentation left over from my acne. The Almay foundation really only worsened my dryness. While it looked lovely on and offered light to medium coverage, it really isn't for me this time of year, since for some reason humidity causes my skin to dry out. I picked this up, finally, after hearing loads about it on here, on youtube, and in magazine articles.

It comes in a sleek but heavy black jar with a nice shiny black lid. I for one actually really like the packaging. Yes, it's a bit unnecessary to have so much extra glass on the jar, but it looks and feels expensive.

The product itself is a fun texture! It's sort of like a mousse hybrid. Remember the dream matte mousse from Maybelline? It's like that, but a thicker consistensy and less oily. It's really nice, actually. Compared to the new Covergirl whipped foundation, this one seems to have a thicker texture and is less oily. I feel like the CG one is in between this one and the dream matte mousse in terms of texture.

I have the lightest shade, 110 ivory, and it's a great match, almost *too* light for me now that I have a bit of color and am not stark white anymore. For winter, I feel like it will match perfectly. This is great for pale girls like me! There is also a wide range of shades to choose from, but you may need to purchase two if you're in between shades because there are a lot of gaps in the shades (meaning that 110 is much lighter than 150).

I apply it by dipping a clean finger into the pot and dabbin five-ten spots on each cheek and five on my forehead and three on my chin and blending in with a sponge (knock off beauty blender) or my elf flat top powder brush. It gives medium coverage (more than the Almay one) and looks nice. I have to let it set for about ten minutes, so I do my eye makeup before going in with concealer (coverblend by exuviance multi function concealer spf 15) on any marks that are showing through. I don't set it with a powder because on me, all powders looks cakey and make me look dry...almost ashy, in a way. Another way I like to apply it for more coverage is take my real techniques stippling brush and dip it in the pot, then stipple the product all over my face and down my neck. I find that this gives nicer coverage and a more even look, however, it can look streaky, so it takes a little blending.

Wear time is all day for me, maybe a touch up here and there if I touch my face. It controlls oil well and doesn't cling to my dry patches. There is also no detectable scent once on the skin. In the pot, it smells...odd. The only way I can think to describe it is like the beach. If you've ever stayed in a beach house and gone outside at like seven in the morning, you know what I'm talking about. Seagulls, shells and the ocean come to mind with this. Believe me, it's much less pleasent smelling in the jar than it is at the actual beach.

Overall, I actually prefer this to the Almay one. Better coverage and color for me. I like the texture, packaging, and it's pretty easy to apply. One downside it that the glass jar makes it hard to carry traveling, it's something I'd probably need to throw in my traincase vs carrying it in my bag with most of my other makeup on the plane with me. The origional colorstay breaks me out, so we'll see what this one does. But I definitely prefer this to the origional-- not nearlly as cakey or heavy feeling. I can bearly feel this one on. Reccommend.

UPDATE: I now apply this with my knock off beauty blender by prescision beauty (love). I wet it first, squeeze out the excess water, let it sit for around five minutes while I wash mah face and all that good stuff. Then I dip my finger into the jar and some product on the bottom of the spone and kind of bounce/stipple it onto my face. It give a flawless natural look to my skin, and it *never* looks cakey. As if that wasn't reat enough, my skin has improved since using this. Less breakouts, scarring fading gradually. It also lasts all day on my skin (dry, but gets greasy in hot hot weather due to my makeup melting off). I really love this. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this above, but I have the color 110 (the lightest shade) and I am like...paper white. This is a great match for me.

UPDATE 12/8/13: I'm still using and loving this foundation. Dare I say HG? I've also switched up application a bit as I found it tended to get a bit oily on me throuhout the day now that im getting up so early and getting home so late. My skins has been so extremely clear these last few months, only like one blemish around that time of month, so I apply a light layer of this and blend with my beauty blender (I finally got the real one haha). Flawless. Just flawless. I do need to conceal my acne scars with my concealer (Nars Radient Creamy Concealer in vanilla) and set with my Rimmel Stay Matte in 003 natural, but then im good to go for the day, and i just need to touch up with powder a couple times throughout the day. Seriously, if you havent tried this, you need to. It's so natrual, but flawless at the same time. I'm in love with this foundation! Also, I've switched to the shade 150 for summer and now blend the two for daily use- looks much more natural and gives a slight glow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by rosyv

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This packaging is all about style over substance. A heavy glass jar holds very little product, is hopeless in your handbag, and is easily dropped (trust me I did it wrecking my basin, bench and floor tile). I have no idea if the product is good or not as it is now in the rubbish, along with the broken jar.

A tube just like the testers might not be as pretty but it would be way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sydriam9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEST FOUNDATION EVER. I'm so glad I discovered this. It made my skin look gorgeous and it lasts long! Do not hesitate to try. I was so impressed considering it was not expensive at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by beecky

I've used this foundation for months, and have applied it every which way possible. I've found the best way to apply it is with a stippling/buffing foundation brush. However, I feel that no matter how little product I use, this cakes. It is just too heavy and leaves such a thick-feeling mask on my face, I can't handle it. It does make my face look flawless, but it doesn't look like skin by any means. It also takes quite awhile to set properly, and smells like paint. I usually don't care about if a product smells, but I can literally smell this on my face throughout the day. For the price, I think there are better drugstore foundations out there, and certainly much better higher end ones as well. I tried this and wanted to love it, but it just wasn't meant to be.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This caused me to break out right away. I should've known, since it contains salicylic acid. Ugh. The shade "Caramel" was a good match for me. I love the way it feels going on my face, very smooth, but the finish is gross. I looked like someone literally painted my face in shiny paint. Yuck. I know it's the only practical way to package something of a mousse/gel texture, but the jar is just unhygienic. So, besides the color match, there isn't much good I have to say about this foundation. Bummer, I wanted to love it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Yeinnyizm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation was really natural looking and i love the application!BUT it transfers A LOT i tried to put on a white sweatshirt after about an hour of wearing it and it totally stained it. I was really disapointed because i really wanted to like this product. The color selection is really weird because i got the shade 330 and the shade seemed really dark for my skin because it was during winter during my extreme pale skin times and the color still worked for me, so i wouldn't worry about trying to find the right shade as long as it is close to yours it should be fine and look good. I have both dry and oily spots on my skin and it clinged to my dry spots and i had to touch up with powder on my oily spots. i never wear this foundation anymore it just sits in my makeup collection doing nothing for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by lolomakeup84

This is my HG foundation next to the colorstay liquid foundation. The cool thing for me at least, is that the shade for both product are the same. This whipped foundation is a medium to full coverage. It does not look cakey. The only thing I probably don't like about this is that it comes in a heavy glass jar because I tend to travel a lot and its not travel friendly. Also, the fact that it doesn't have SPF, but my moisturizer has SPF. Other than that, I really like this foundation and I will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MissLilyRhiannon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the formulation of this product, any whipped foundation feels so soft and effortless on the skin, and a little goes a long way. My issue with the product is the colour range, I am an NC15-20 and Australia does not stock anything lighter then "Buff" which is significantly to dark for me. I use this on friends and my mother, and occaisionally when I worked in makeup on clients. It's easy to apply, the packaging looks classy, and goes lovely with a buffing brush. It is a little pricy in Australia considering it is "drugstore" and is approx $40 which is nearly as much as MAC but oh well.
Good product, but not for pale girls