January 27, 2015 | 1930 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by aranadarkday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

So, while I did like the product, the ingredients were less than pleasing. It lasts all day and covers amazingly (I apply it with my fingers, by the way). However, it did make me break out (I have really sensitive skin). I gave it 3 stars for the overall amazingness of the coverage and lasting ability.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Highlights: Full coverage, Smooth Application, Good Color Range, Not Heavy
I have very dry and very fair skin, the kind of fair that is too light for about 75% of drugstore foundation lines. I used the regular Revlon Colorstay for dry/normal skin for about 6 months but I wasn't happy with how it was wearing throughout the day, and I wanted more coverage. The whipped formula has been fantastic for me! It's nice and high coverage, but extremely light on the skin. I've had no problems with caking or it feeling heavy. I have had no problems with it oxidizing. I work 8 hour shifts and it lasts through without a touch-up, but I usually touch it up just by reblending it into the skin a bit with a buffing brush after work if I want it to look best for the night. I found that the original Colorstay didn't have any moisturizing effect, but this formulation does seem to be better at keeping my skin looking hydrated. DO KEEP THE PLASTIC THING that comes with it as it keeps the product in place in the container. I also love the container as it's nice and heavy and luxurious feeling. I dip the hard end of an old makeup brush into the pot to get about a pea sized amount and then put it on with my fingertips. I find that that's the best way to apply it, and using the end of a brush helps keep the product from under my nails. I do advise that you only use one pea sized amount, and for any extra coverage you need use a concealer as it seems to get sticky if you layer it.
Great product, give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by LadyLou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in Warm Golden which is a little darker than my skin tone but matches me with my constant fake tan. I apply it with a brush, and I find it takes a little work to get it to blend properly but once it's done it looks fantastic. It gives great coverage, but doesn't stay in place as long as Revlon would like to have us believe! It can be a little sticky once it's first applied but eventually settles into your skin and that stickiness goes away. The one major aggravation I have is the packaging. It's an unnecessary amount of glass and I can't stand jars in either make-up or skincare, as I'm hygiene conscious. As a result, I use a clean cotton bud every single time I dip into the jar so as not to germ it up. This is annoying and wasteful. To me, the consistency of the make-up is such that a pump could work easily, and would be cleaner and more travel-friendly. Currently the jar is impractical for travel anywhere. Otherwise, it's a good foundation and I'm really happy with the colour which is usually my biggest hassle in shopping for a base.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Georgia8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wear this foundation most days i have not got dry skin nor oily skin so the consistency was not a problem for me. It gives good coverage but you need a foundation brush to properly apply. A great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by MsLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the foundation that I've relied on all summer since it's the only one that can hold up to Quebec's hot and humid climate this time of year (not even my MUFE mat velvet + can stay last 12 hours). The only downfall to this foundation is the colour, the price and the packaging. Revlon's not big on making yellow toned foundations but you can still make it for if you buff it on well, the price is Canada for it is 17$ which I think is quite high and though the packaging is pretty it is not one that you can travel easily with. Overall I think it's a great foundation that stays put all day and looks better as the day goes by.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my second jar of this foundation. At first I loved it, then I hated it and now I love it again. Regular liquid Colorstay is one of those foundations that I always have on hand but admittedly it is a bit dehydrating, even on my oily skin, it seems to accentuate my large pores and the fine lines around my eyes. This foundation has a more forgiving texture on my skin and have recently discovered that when set with Revlon's Nearly Naked powder it has a very smooth, matte finish that does not look or become cakey. When I first started using this, I believe I over powdered it and I also did not use a primer so it did not seem to blend into my skin and half way thru the day was fading and settling into pores and lines. I have since tried it again only this time I put Tartes BB cream primer on underneath, apply this foundation with my fingers, smooth it with a damp beauty blender and then set it with Nearly Naked and it will last all day with hardly oiliness in my t-zone. I highly recommend this for anyone on a budget looking for a long wearing foundation that has a bit more of smoothing texture to the skin. My only beef is the jar, it's large, bulky and i don't like running either my fingers or a brush thru the product to get it out of the jar.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by zurbaby

This is the worst foundation ever. It leaves my face looking like a 3 layer cake. No matter how thin or whatever tool i use to apply it.and when i have it on, it feels heavy on my skin. It's just not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First impression of this fondi is more on the negative side. The packaging is way too heavy and bulky plus its creme form so I thought it would only aggaravate my oily acne-prone skin. But this slammed my misconceptions. A brief backgrounder, Im an NC25 to MAC and my skin is oily and acne-prone as mentioned and it oxidizes into a darker skintone after hours. This has turned my skin into semi matte and somewhat dewy looking. My oiliness is bit tamed. Pimples so far so good make a no-show-kind of drama. I bought the Buff shade. Upon application, my face is lighter than my skintone but after a couple of minutes it adapts to my natural skintone. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Pressed Powder in Medium and it sets perfectly. So far i enjoy seeing the benefits of this. This is a good fallback for my ELDW Sand.
Edit: for just one day of wearing, tiny painful zits came out of my chin! Will definitely trash this already.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Tmichele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this foundation. If you want something with great coverage and long lasting, I would say give this a try. It is difficult to find a shade, but I did my research before hand with reviewers comparisions and found a match fine. It does have a paint like smell when you first apply, but it goes away as soon as it dries. It doesn't really bother me, but it could really bother someone that get headaches easily.

Also, a little goes a LONG way! I expect this to last me atleast 6 months, which for $14 is not a bad deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaurel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been test driving new foundations for the summer. My Clinique Even Better melts completely off my face in this heat. I tried Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 hour. Like another reviewer said, this sucked the moisture right out of my face! I always use moisturizer before I apply foundation, too. Now, for the review of the Revlon CS Whipped Creme foundation. I bought this in 240 Natural Beige. I'm usually the 3rd or 4th shade up in anything i try. This is light, silky, and creamy! I love the way it feels going on. It's heavenly! It wears great and lasts for the entire day. I'm slightly oily in the t-zone in the summer. I just sweep some powder on, and i'm good to go. I haven't had to touch up at all! I think i've found the elusive HG!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No