July 26, 2014 | 1088 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a CP for this foundation seen as its not sold in Europe. I had high hopes for it I was looking for high coverage and something to last on my oily skin. I wasn't a fan of the original formula i found it very hard to work with, the color selection wasn't great and it looked like a mask when applied. This new whipped formula is so much easier to work with it feels like a mousse to me. And the Shade Buff matches me well , better than the shade buff in the original formula. Unfortunately it doesn't last well at all on my oily skin. I can see oil braking through after just an hour of wearing it. Very disappointed as i couldnt really wear this foundation for long at all as it just wont last on my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation i have ever used. Its one of those products that i MUST have in my makeup collection. I think it has the best staying power out of all my liquid and cream foundations! I have repurchased this twice already. The only thing that i wish they would change is the packaging. Its soo bulky! I actually have a different lighter container that i keep this foundation in so its easier for me to travel with it. Also, make sure to keep this foundation upright when storing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Shanice1219

Perfect for dry skin...

I suffer with moderate dry skin throughout my nose, cheekbones, brow, and chin. It seemed no matter what moisturizer I tried or foundation routine I used I would always end up with cakey dry skin flakes that ruined my makeup. I had previously tried the liquid Revlon Colorstay and HATED it because it did exactly what all the others had done, left me with cake and flakes. Needless to say I was a bit apprehensive in trying the whipped formula, but I thought "I've tried everything else, might as well give it a go." Immediately I saw a difference. There were no flakes and very little noticeable dry patches on my nose. This product is a godsend and I would recommend to anyone who has troublesome dry skin to just give it a try and see if it makes a difference. At $11 a jar, there is very little risk. I am just so thankful I found this foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Emina85

I absolutely love this foundation! It makes my skin smooth, flawless. I was using Revlon Color Stay prior to using this foundation. Revlon Color Stay made my skin breakout so bad - however, with this foundation my skin doesn't breakout at all. I highly recommend trying this product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by stayintruetosoul

I just bought this product today. I am particular about foundations, but had read a number of reviews. I have been a fan of Lancome foundations for a while ... but I got this in "buff" and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It is definitely thick, and a little goes a long way. With a good brush and technique, you can really achieve a flawless look with this stuff... and I would suggest using less or no powder after that, because it is not glossy and remains creamy and thick. If using a primer, definitely take care to not use much powder with this foundation.

Like others have said, the container is not the most practical or safe. One thing I have found that helps keep it clean and sanitary is to simply dip a q tip in it and dab that on my wrist. Then, I use my brush from there, never dipping it into the container. I would rate this product higher if it were in a more user friendly container.

Cheers!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by SunshineJoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After going through all 815 comments, and looking at various reviews online, I have come up with a color matching chart to help you guys out!

Shade - Undertone - Mac Color

Natural Tan - Yellow - NC 35-37

Early Tan - Yellow - NC 37-40

Rich Ginger - Pink - NW 40-43

Caramel - Yellow - NC 40-43

Note - If you are between NC 25-30, you will have a hard time matching. Try Sand Beige in the winter, and Warm Golden in the summer. There's no yellow shades between them though!

(*Toast and Natural Ochre are shades available only online through Target or Amazon. I found little information about them. However, Toast seems to be about a NC 44-45, while Natural Ochre is maybe a NC 25.)

Hope this helps! Thumbs up this so others can find it more easily if you think it's helpful, please! :)

225 out of 228 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Kkhan89

I LOVE this product always get compliments when I wear this. It gets better throughout the day I love how it looks its amazing

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by flowersfromaghost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, it went on well and felt nice on my skin. It stayed pretty well for having oily skin but unfortunately it broke me out. I have tried other foundation from different brands and this is the first one that has caused acne. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ivygreene2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this foundation for about five months now. I really like it and I'd definitely repurchase.
It is thick and dense but also still light. This means it actually can't spill or leak or anything which is so convenient.
When it's going on, it's smooth and kind of like a really thick creamy texture. The smell is okay, I don't really notice it. If I use a primer, it still looks like I just put it on about 7 hours later, if not it still stays on very well.
The jar packaging is really attractive and stylish and you can't really knock it over or accidentally pump out a ton of product. However it's impractical and unhygienic.
I bought Ivory but it was too light on me so I also got Buff which is a bit too dark on me. I usually mix the two together which creates a good shade for my neutral skin. I'd loooove something in between Buff and Ivory...
I can tell when I am wearing this and my face does feel a bit weighed down if I want a fair bit of coverage that day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First off, the creme comes in a large, weighty glass container carrying 0.8 fluid ounces with an open pot design. It's not the greatest in terms of hygiene since it requires re-dipping fingers/brushes so it's very important to wash your brushes each time before application each time. Overall, I still think it looks quite classy for being around $12 at Target.

The texture in the pot itself is an almost springy/fluffy cream which looks liquid but feels more like a mousse-hybrid product. If I turn the pot upside down it doesn't come dripping out so there's a definite density to it. One great thing about it is it's quite foundation-newbie friendly since you literally take a bit on your fingertips and blend it into the skin where you need it and it doesn't require expert blending skills to look nice. So for those who don't have a foundation brush, or prefer not to use one- you fingers will be just fine!

I would consider this creme very good high coverage- but the thickness of the foundation makes it prone to looking cakey when too much is applied. I recommend starting with less than you think you need and building up only in areas that need more coverage. I have uneven skin tone and a few large pores and I can get away with skipping concealer and powder with this foundation so it's wonderful for lazy days or for students, and is actually really awesome for those with oily skin even though it's a "cream" foundation formula. I also find that it looks way better after an hour post-application since it settles into the skin and looks very natural. This natural look lasts throughout the day without looking patchy or breaking down.

One very notable downside to this product is that it doesn't look great in film or photography and gives an obvious white cast. I wore this foundation to a family reunion, where there were MANY pictures being taken, and you can see this cast in pictures close up. It actually looks much nicer in real life though, especially after the "settling" period I mentioned earlier!

Overall, I think this is a nice, affordable option for those who love the texture of cream concealers but want the all-over coverage of a foundation. Most of you new to foundation should be pretty happy trying this out for the first time, but foundation experts who are on camera often may want a higher-end pick for important face time.