Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 8/20/2013 1:55:00 PM

I love this. I have such a hard time finding the right mix of coverage, oil control and staying power and Colorstay Whipped does a fantastic job on each count. It covers my rosacea really well, but isn't totally full coverage like the liquid Colorstay. I'm already on my second jar and I'm in love. I use it with Urban Decay De-slick over the top and it lasts all day. I also think the color selection is really good. True Beige is right on for me. My only suggestion to Revlon would be to make a bigger jar. I used mine up pretty fast, comparatively speaking. Overall though, this is the only thing I wear and I wear it everyday. Love it!

EDIT: I'm now using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and it's definitely replaced Colorstay Whipped. I never realized how much Colorstay transferred until I started wearing EL DW Light. I think it's better on my skin too. I used to get small little white heads and they've disappeared since I started using DWL.

on 8/20/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't really matter how great the texture, finish or lasting power are, because the SHADES are HORRIBLE and unflattering for us yellow/olive tones girls. Way too pink and dull/grey. For reference, I am a NC30-35, Armani 6, and I tried to make this foundation work in shades 320 (too light and pink), 330 (dark enough but too pink) and 370 (too dark).

on 8/19/2013 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE this foundation. I also have the regular colorstay foundation, which I would also recommend, but I like the whipped one better. This foundation has excellent coverage, and I have a fair amount of redness on my cheeks, which can be hard to conceal without looking cakey. My skin is dry, but this does not accentuate dry patches. It looks very natural and lasts all day. In fact, this looks better as the day goes on. It also does not break me out, although I don't really have problems in that area. I would recommend putting this on with your fingers, as it does not go on well with a Beauty blender or brush. The packaging is a little frustrating as I prefer pumps but I can deal with it. I am giving it four stars because of the packaging and because I have to use my fingers. The price is great, only 12-13 dollars which is a great deal for what you get! Overall I think this is an amazing product. Definitely one of my drugstore staples. Way to go Revlon!

on 8/19/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My HG is ELDW or ELDW Light. I love both but had heard so many positive reviews about the ColorStay Whipped that I thought I would give it a try. It broke my face out horribly after awhile of using. I really liked the way it looked on my face when it first went on but by late afternoon, my face was a shiny mess as well. I tried changing my moisturizer, thinking that the one I was using was too heavy. After using the first jar up, my face was a mess and I went back to my HG ELDWL. I had clogged pores all over my face. I never get that from Estee Lauder. I think from now on I will stick with my old favorite.

on 8/19/2013 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I definitely purchased again:)

on 8/17/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my go-to foundation for long work days during the summer. I have normal to slightly oily skin (not acne prone) and this lasts through 10 or so hours of work even when the air-conditioning isn't working well. I live in a climate that is very hot and humid during the summer.

I use the color Buff. Skin-tone wise I am around N/NC 15 in the summer when I've gotten a little sun. I apply this sheerly since I have decent skin other than some minor redness in my cheeks. I get a fairly good match even though from reading the other reviews it sounds like this could be either too dark or too light for me based on my skin tone.

This has not dried out my skin or broken me out but I don't typically have either of those issues from foundations.

I think that the price is reasonable for this foundation. It's a little expensive for the drugstore but I think it performs as well as a more expensive foundation providing you can find a good color match.

My first jar of this had the lid crack when I was about 3/4 of the way through the foundation. When I depotted it into another jar, it seemed to dry up more quickly but I was able to use most of it.

For the people who are concerned about dipping your finger into the jar and contaminating the product, I use a clean q-tip to scoop a little out each time I use this.

Application: This is a smooth, creamy foundation that is easy to apply with my fingers or a brush.

Overall, I am happy with this foundation. I've tried a lot of different ones and this is great for long, hot, humid summer days.

on 8/15/2013 4:03:00 AM

OMG I think I have found my HG makeup finally. IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN AND CAN'T EVER FIND A MAKEUP THAT CONTROLS THAT, STOP WHAT YOUR DOING AND GO BUY THIS. I've tried so many things to try to control my oil but nothing works, but this does! Yeah ill like a little oily feeling throughout the day on my nose mostly but NOTHING like how I did with other makes up. Where it gets all oily on your nose, chin, and cheeks and then rubs off. It does go on a little weird at first so definitely do not use it as a running-late-I-have-2-minutes-to-do-my-makeup foundation because the longer it has to set in the better it looks. :)) I wish you got more product for the price cause it is one of the more pricey drugstore makeups but I can't complain it's amazing <3

on 8/14/2013 12:25:00 AM

i love this foundation, it feels very good on my face, not too thick. i also like to to use this as a concealer and let it settle before putting it on my entire face. what i dont like-- bulky packaging is not travel friendly, and difficult to pick out color as you cant really tell by looking at the glass

on 8/13/2013 5:05:00 PM

I decided to try the creme version of this foundation after trying and returning both the combination/oily skin and dry skin liquid Colorstay foundations. While I have combination skin that tends very much toward the dry side with a slightly oily t-zone in the summer, I thought this cream foundation would be a more hydrating and less cakey version of the liquid versions.

I applied it to exfoliated, lightly moisturized skin using my fingers, as I've always found I can get a more even application of a cream foundation with my fingers than any brush or sponge.

The first time I applied it, it looked slightly dewy with a beautiful smooth finish that evened out my skin both in tone and texture. Every application afterward ended up with my skin being quite matte after application and very dry by lunch time, needing to be spritzed with water in the afternoons. The skin on my cheeks in particular felt and looked stretched in places, which elongated some of my pores on either side of my nose and made the skin there and under my eyes looked particularly lined. (See my comment below about the salicylic acid.)

Pros:

Coverage: Excellent. Definitely medium to full coverage, as I didn't have to use a concealer anywhere but under my eyes (this never happens to me with other foundations!)

Texture: It appears heavy in the jar, but it's actually quite smooth once applied to the skin. Easily blendable too. Doesn't settle into lines too much.

Colour: Despite a small colour range and the product looking very dark in the jar once it was opened, the foundation actually matched my skin tone once it was blended (I'm a MAC NW20 to NW25 and I can wear this creme foundation in Sand Beige ).

Finish: Pretty smooth (did not highlight any dry skin I might have) and, at first, not matte but oh so slightly dewy.

Cons:

Packaging: While the glass jar makes it appear as though there is a lot of product, it's actually an illusion of the glass. There is a lot less product in the jar than it appears. Also, as with the other two Colorstay foundations I tried, the creme foundation's lid left small black particles in the product when the jar was initially opened. I'm assuming this is due to the threading on the lids and the brittle nature of the plastic, which resulted in some of the plastic shredding off and falling into the foundation.

Scent: While the scent of the creme foundation is not the worst I've come across, it initially has a strong paint-like smell that isn't so pleasant. This does, however, disappear soon after application.

Staying Power: The staying power is indeed strong (it's still there on my face at the end of a 10-hour day), but it's also hard to remove. Those of us with dry skin using a cream-based cleanser should definitely use some sort of makeup wipes as a pre-cleanser. I found that not all of the product came off my skin after cleansing.

Dryness Factor: Another reviewer pointed out that there is apparently salicylic acid in this foundation, which surprised and dismayed me (no, I didn't look at the ingredients list) because I wrongly assumed that being a creme foundation this product was meant for dry skin. After two weeks of wearing this creme foundation, I had to stop because my skin was becoming drier and drier earlier and earlier in the day. It also made my skin look duller over time and really highlighted any age lines I might have.

Price: I bought my jar on sale in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart for $15.95 (it regularly retails for $19.95 at that store). A week later I found it at the Real Canadian Superstore for their regular price of $12.95. That's a $7 difference, which is huge!

Overall, I really wanted to like this foundation and was hoping it would provide me a nice moisture barrier for the colder months when my skin gets extremely dry. I loved that it easily covered any slight imperfections and that I didn't need to use a separate concealer anywhere on my face. Unfortunately, it just dried my skin out and made me look older.

on 8/13/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using the regular liquid Revlon 24hr for a while now. I didn't like that it was heavy and kind of hard to apply almost like a paint, but I love the staying power as I have oily skin and MOST foundations melt right off. I saw the whipped formula, and it applies much better. It has satin consistency and smooths well over face, and is easier to work with.

PROS: Excellent staying power, buildable coverage, creamy texture when applying, doesn't break me out.

CONS: Packaging (The inner ring on the plastic lid cracked and now it doesn't close). Can be kind of cakey and chalky looking, and settles in to pores unlike other foundations.

I gave this a 3 because while it's the best foundation you can find for staying power, and has decent coverage, it doesn't look very smooth or flawless, but it looks great at a distance, just up close it looks kind of like paint is on my face.